FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Do you meet "locally" or not?

Do you meet "locally" or not?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *endalshaggers OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

Kendal

Just a question out there - probably more to those of you who meet/host privately instead of club meets only; do you only try and meet people within your locality/certain radius or would you rather stray a bit further afield?

For example, we're in a very small area in essence where the pool of people is quite slim pickings and there's always a chance you'll know of them through some degree or another. So maybe branching out of the immediate 20/30 mile radius zone brings not only more result's but reduces the chances of bumping into people you know.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aren_nylonsWoman 7 weeks ago

Great Dunmow

I don’t meet close to me, I’d rather not meet anyone whilst doing my weekly shop lol

By *iker JackMan 7 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

For me connection is based on more than just mileage or distance.

I’d rather travel for someone where there is a connection, whether physical or mental or hopefully both, than stay local

By *oiluvfunMan 7 weeks ago

Penrith

Clubs are too far for us here in Cumbria, and rarely (in my experience) worth the effort or expense. I have no issues meeting people close to home, and still see previous meets in the street. We're all adults, and a cheeky wink as we pass brings back pleasant memories....

Finding genuine people who will actually meet will be your biggest challenge. Many talk the talk, but few walk the walk...

By *iss DevilWoman 7 weeks ago

Bedford

When I was doing 1:1 meets, my rule was nobody further than 40 miles or 1h drive. I never set the limit the other way, but I don't think I'd be overly comfortable with someone within a mile or so. Anyway, I'm only meeting in clubs now so it doesn't matter.

By *issmorganWoman 7 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

When I was single years ago, i used to meet someone and I could walk to his house in 15 mins.

Never any issues with it.

I wouldn't meet anyone really close to me now, as some don't seem to have any idea of discretion on here.

By *mmaleiaWoman 7 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

I like to stick within an hours drive, otherwise it’s all about trying to find time that matches with the other person, as it becomes harder to arrange.

Saying that, I have been known , & will travel further

By *olfandtazCouple 7 weeks ago

Bristol

We live in a city so distance doesn't really matter to us.

If we have a decent connection with a couple we also don't mind driving miles out of the way to meet them

By *nihorn40Woman 7 weeks ago

Barry

I have my own car and drive around the UK a lot for work so distance isn't really a concern.

Obviously when I look on here you mostly only find local people anyway, but if I found someone I really liked and they were hours away I'd be up for the drive.

I'm south wales and met a girl in glasgow before she wasn't from here but still

Wolverhampton

"I like to stick within an hours drive, otherwise it’s all about trying to find time that matches with the other person, as it becomes harder to arrange.

Saying that, I have been known , & will travel further "

An hour eh 🤔🤔

By *eronikapaulCouple 7 weeks ago

Reading

"I like to stick within an hours drive, otherwise it’s all about trying to find time that matches with the other person, as it becomes harder to arrange.

An hour eh 🤔🤔"

That's a quick bike to reach East Northamptonshire in an hour ...but she will never know when you set off

Wolverhampton

An hour eh 🤔🤔

That's a quick bike to reach East Northamptonshire in an hour ...but she will never know when you set off "

Unless the tracker is on 🤣

By *T SwingersCouple 7 weeks ago

Brazil

Apart from clubs and holidays, all of the rest of our meets have been with people we have known for a while locally.

By *ay W. BeauWoman 7 weeks ago

Wolvo

"Apart from clubs and holidays, all of the rest of our meets have been with people we have known for a while locally."

Same. Local is just way easier. If theres a cancellation then ive not wasted time and money travelling miles and miles.

By *T SwingersCouple 7 weeks ago

Brazil

"Apart from clubs and holidays, all of the rest of our meets have been with people we have known for a while locally.

Same. Local is just way easier. If theres a cancellation then ive not wasted time and money travelling miles and miles. "

For us it's also that we don't actually pre arrange meets due to anxiety, things just tend to happen after nights out.

By *ucka39Man 7 weeks ago

Newcastle

Well I'm not alone given amount of users whom are local from 10 minutes walking distance, to a little further, and it works well if the connection and chemistry is there

Have come across someone closer and that was a definite no from me. There's close and too close

By *avid 50Man 7 weeks ago

kendal

Initially I intended not to meet anybody within 20 miles, then I met a lady in Kendall only 7 miles away and we’ve been seeing each other intermittently for five years. You just have to trust each other to remain discreet.

By *hloe39Woman 7 weeks ago

Liverpool not

I haven't played with anyone local to me for over 10 years.

I prefer to travel to clubs. Less likely to meet anyone I know and stops the gossips from where I live.

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

I only meet people from the other end of the world

By *oth0fusCouple 7 weeks ago

Dartford

We don't meet anyone near to us. Our location is set a sensible distance for us to travel to. We want to stay as discreet as possible

By *andT2023Couple 7 weeks ago

in the middle

Well out of our area xx

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Central

I tend not to meet if someone is very local, declining interest. Unless someone is potentially the best thing ever

Some can become a little obsessive and a distance may help to alleviate or prevent it

By *achelnMarkCouple 7 weeks ago

Mid Wiltshire

150 miles from home at a party, we met a couple who live under a mile away!

We bumped into them (locally) the next day.

But 4y later never seen them again!

By *amanthabWoman 7 weeks ago

UK

Hardly ever locally, more frequently when either of us are working away or on holiday

By *mmaleiaWoman 7 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

An hour eh 🤔🤔

That's a quick bike to reach East Northamptonshire in an hour ...but she will never know when you set off

Unless the tracker is on 🤣"

😅

By *an1978Woman 7 weeks ago

GONE/TIMEOUT (No DMs please)

I would say 20 miles is a good distance.

I've stepped away from a while, and as I rarely meet local, I don't have to be bumping into meets in Lidl.

Though I admittedly met someone there on purpose before.

By *oxy jWoman 7 weeks ago

somerset

yes i only meet guys so its easy to pre block those im not interested in daily on the home page or when they message but its pretty mixed where the guys come from

By *ilthyRacersCouple 7 weeks ago

Coventry

We prefer people not to be on our doorstep. 5/6 miles is ideal.

When J lived in a very small town her postcode was set a few miles away as it was too risky as everyone knew everyone there!

By *ipsforlipsMan 7 weeks ago

Nuneaton

I've met locally, and I've travelled (2 hours +); these days I try to keep the traveling to #30mins (20 miles). I'd happily travel further for the right person, but my 'target' distance is closer.

By *udandBryanCouple 7 weeks ago

Boston

We're happy to meet local couples, we do occasionally bump into people we've played with, but it's never a problem.

By *ootyfruityCouple 7 weeks ago

andover

Yeah we don’t mind local couples, even if you bump into them in the “real word” they are still on here for the same reasons

By *usty kayWoman 7 weeks ago

Burnham

I only do local as I can't plan very far in advance. In 10 years its never been a problem.

Went to a club once, got talking to a couple and turned out they lived opposite us and our kids were playing rugby together the next morning.

As long as everyone behaves like a grown up it really doesn't matter

By *rudiesCouple 7 weeks ago

here

We wouldn’t mind meeting couples/single ladies near us. BUT and we all like BIG BUTTS lol single guys deffo not local. Although to some this could be a blessing,having a regular hard dick to bounce on or face to ride it’s not ideal. From previous experiences not just hear say. They see you around town think they can say hey when your with “Family” message you hear saying they see you around,and the odd one outs your workplace in a fab status as they noticed you. So not all as it would seem unfortunately

By *onderWomanWlvWoman 7 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

I would be a little extra cautious but not completely rule out meeting very close folks.

In my experience though, so far they ALL self-select themselves out of the running by sending messages along the lines of "ur really close, im on *road name*, where ru? Lets meet now" . 🙄

By *ike Oxlong 95Man 7 weeks ago

Wyre/Persh

[Removed by poster at 30/07/24 10:04:55]

By *ockdownlickdownMan 7 weeks ago

Crewe

For me distance is of no concern, I love to travel and see new places, having someone there to meet is a bonus.

By *ike Oxlong 95Man 7 weeks ago

Wyre/Persh

Nearly everyone in my area is a gossip. That's most of pershore. So I try not to bother with anyone nearby. Not worth it

We will but it depends how local. We could understand others who live in smaller close knit areas not doing so.

By *enelope2UWoman 7 weeks ago

Fife

Well I don't do like or involve myself in one offs so if there's no connection or opportunity for more I don't and won't meet regardless of distance. Plus I don't care if I bump into them in Tesco because I will know them for more than just their body part. If I just want an object I'll satisfy myself with a toy and involve zero risks or disappointment.

By *ireman72Man 7 weeks ago

Romford

Anyone looking for meet today in Romford?

By *imply DeeWoman 7 weeks ago

Wherever

I prefer local. But at the point of an actual meeting, we’d know each other well enough to know that it’s going to be an enjoyable experience for us both and no drama involved.

By *ireman72Man 7 weeks ago

Romford

Anyone in Romford area? If so message me if you want a meet today. I'm 6ft 12stones white English slim fit 8inch clean uncut cock here and can accommodate or travel

By *umagain58Man 7 weeks ago

London

We are relaxed with local or distant. Long time back it did get a bit awkward with a neighbour but that’s another story

By *oralltherightreasonsCouple 7 weeks ago

WELLINGBOROUGH

Local within 30 miles just because further than that and we just get time wasters dreamers and let downs

Yes

By *oomerangbobMan 7 weeks ago

stanhope

Wished I could meet someone local, does not appear to be a hotbed of activity where I am however

By *afetyFirstCouple 7 weeks ago

Durham

We happily meet local but won't attend local clubs.

We do however prefer to travel and make a weekend of it

By *ilverfox for youMan 7 weeks ago

Hull

Any meet at all would be nice !!

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 7 weeks ago

Leeds

No, I block most local people.

Mrs

By *anJenny 181Couple 7 weeks ago

Preston

it's always nice to nibble on a bit of Kendal mint cake

We will not meet anyone in the same postcode area that is the PR Preston area & it is quite a vast area.

We want to have fun but don't want fingers pointing or any gossiping from locals

Like you we know a lot of people and you don't know who has seen you entering the local swingers house & neighbors soon pick up on these things.

We have also been stood up a few times and don't want to travel to far so it's a balancing act.

Good luck let us know how you get in

By *cunnylassCouple 7 weeks ago

Exeter

We live in a city and we're happy to meet people from our area but I do understand the concerns some people have about meeting people they know.We all do what we're comfortable with,don't we?

By *hrill CollinsMan 7 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

not too local .... not too far away (mostly) .... there's a sweet spot

By *ucy AnneTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Woodstock

Particularly after having wasted time and fuel driving to meet men who are time wasters/pathetic little bluffers who get cold feet at the last minute I won’t normally go more than 30 minutes drive at the most.

In general the closer the better, although someone in the local village would require discretion and I am careful now about the local town. If they are on here they have as much as or probably more to hide than I do, as my wife knows that I am on here and encourages me to go out and have fun. I am wary of some younger men being idiots and becoming a nuisance but I usually work that out before meeting and block them. I have met young men who are very nice and sensible however.

One of several reasons why I don’t accommodate is that I don’t want horny men turning up without notice, and if they were local that would be difficult and annoying. Although I haven’t yet if I found people very locally who were fun that would be great.

I work some distance away and I avoid people from that area as I keep my work and social (and sexual) lives very separate.

By *asterMeliodasMan 7 weeks ago

Near Keith

I don't have an issue meeting locally, though there don't seem to be many interested parties in the area so far. I did have a lovely social with someone nearby that has a good chance of developing into something fun in the nearish future, though!

By *ny1localMan 7 weeks ago

READING

I think my name answers the question.

By *altandPepper24Couple 7 weeks ago

Liverpool

Rather travel for the right woman because iv found the initial attraction wears off after a few messages on here

By *ave1963BarnsleyMan 7 weeks ago

Barnsley

It makes no difference to me where my playmates live. When I lived down south one of the couple's I played with lived five minutes away and it wasn't a problem. As far as anyone outside the swinging world knew, we were just friends and neighbours.

By *Xtriple7Couple 7 weeks ago

We don't shit on our doorstep.

Have met couples down the pub who we've then noticed on fabs. Discretion is paramount for us with work and family.

By *elboy1978Man 6 weeks ago

Jarrow

I would meet local

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

Not fussed but then I have an ace up my sleeve I always plan any meet of any kind on a parkrun day then if it don't happen and so far nothing has then my beloved parkrun comes too my rescue long live parkrun

By *heelerMan 6 weeks ago

Northants

I prefer locals nothing worse than than travelling a distance and they don't show or there's no connection though by messaging should have solved that one.

By *eathrow pineappleCouple 6 weeks ago

West London

We're easy going. We're more than happy happy with local meets.

By *illDoXXXMan 6 weeks ago

Preston

I would definitely travel from

Preston !

By *lirtyAndFunCouple 6 weeks ago

Rushden

We used to worry about this ourselves but over time we realized that we're all on here revealing ourselves to each other & they have as much to "risk" as we do by recognizing each other.

So far everyone has been lovely & respectful when we've bumped into people locally.

By *isa2018Couple 6 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

We avoid single gents that are too local but would consider a couple if we clicked. We had a local public facing business and once had a gent come in then message us to say what a great places he had. He was someone we'd met for a social, not realising he was local. S didn't take a fancy to him and we politely decline any further meets, then received the message to say he'd been in her shop.

» Add a new message to this topic