FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > single guys

single guys

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The back bone of swinging?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There great as tony the _iger used to say….

In fact so great that I married one

and can even get joined by one when the mood takes us.

Single guys are excellent! Take it from me, I WAS one!!

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Couldnt eat a whole one. But Id give it a damn good try....

I guess it starts the debate as to whether singles can really be classed as swingers? Maybe a bit off topic...

Online definition states: "A member of a couple, especially a married couple, who exchanges sexual partners."

Although others state: "A person who engages freely in promiscuous sex."

I personally wouldn't class myself as a swinger, but don't really care what I am labelled....

...made me think though, if there were as many single ladies as there are single guys do you think they would turn into the 'backbone' of swinging? They seem to be in high demand...

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

some one once posted that couples are the backbone of swinging i forget who ...i dont think single guys are or single women are the backbone people are just people ...swinging is recreational sex and friendship to me ..which doesnt really fall outside of what goes on in the singles world outside of sweinging.

Swingiers are just a bit more honest about what they are looking for thats all .

The "dating" sites seem to have as much non comittment sex but they seem to just prefer a different more palletable label to it ..so ...single guys ...if they are your thing ...why not ..i say

If single guys are the backbone i must be the slipped disc

"If single guys are the backbone i must be the slipped disc "

what you need, is someone good with thier hands...winks

"If single guys are the backbone i must be the slipped disc

what you need, is someone good with thier hands...winks"

Oh riley now? Any volunteers?

"The back bone of swinging?"

Couples are the backbone and the vital ingredient in swinging, take couples out of the equation and this simply becomes a dating/cheating website.

"The back bone of swinging?

Couples are the backbone and the vital ingredient in swinging, take couples out of the equation and this simply becomes a dating/cheating website."

wouldnt stop you playing with one though would it???

Couples are the backbone and the vital ingredient in swinging, take couples out of the equation and this simply becomes a dating/cheating website."

I'm inclined to agree with this. Although if 2 single guys meet 2 single girls and swap, aren't they all swinging?

all over the place

Couples are the backbone and the vital ingredient in swinging, take couples out of the equation and this simply becomes a dating/cheating website.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Although if 2 single guys meet 2 single girls and swap, aren't they all swinging?

"

or if a group of singles meet for recreational sex as we do ...how can you say it is not swinging and is only swinging with a marriage contract or long term comittment and what if the "couple" are a flag of convenience ?

or as in a few cases...

married ' genuine and only worthy true swinger ' guy whose profile either says plays alone with wife's consent or in a few cases, chases for 121 meets without wife's knowledge...

when he playing as a single is he a cheater/dater non swinger ????

Im a single fem and wudnt class myself as a swinger...singles guys? hmmmmm

Have to say though i think couples are the back bone of swinging

or if a group of singles meet for recreational sex as we do ...how can you say it is not swinging and is only swinging with a marriage contract or long term comittment and what if the "couple" are a flag of convenience ?"

Guys,

We can debate this till the cows come home and I am not saying either of you are wrong but to the average chap/chapess on the street swingers are couples who play with other couples.

In the context of this site if you take the couples out you are simply left with singles and cheats and if they meet in a pub or any other social venue they would not consider themselves to be swingers.

It's not cut and dried and there will always be blurring round the edges but it's hard to argue that couples do not form the backbone of the swinging community.

So you think if we did a survey or couples on here...the highest percentage would be those who only swing with couples????

The backbone of swinging is the PEOPLE that are doing it

By *igerMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Wow Sexoholics love your pictures! x

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

bit harsh ? ... there are singles here who are neither looking to date or cheat

i'd be one of them x

all over the place

bit harsh ? ... there are singles here who are neither looking to date or cheat

i'd be one of them x "

and thank god you are ...xx

maidstone

maybe i'm a swingle ...tho that sounds like a posh crisp!

hehehe x

sprite ur a hot spicy swingle!!! mmmmmm lol xx

maidstone

why thankyou kind sir ! x

once i pop ..i cant stop

lol !

lol lol always nice to know sprite!! no problem at all xx

By *ptimusDMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

First of all I think, the definition of Swinging has evolved to something markedly different from those days of Contact Magazines and car keys being thrown into a bowl to determine who plays with who.

Single guys can now be classed as swingers in my view because a single guy who is smooth enough to go out on a successive pull every weekend night out and has lots of females sex partners, is totally different from the single guy who can have sex while being watched by others, can fuck a married woman while her husband is watching and can deal with the many dynamics that are required in the swinging lifestyle as it is today.

all over the place

"First of all I think, the definition of Swinging has evolved to something markedly different from those days of Contact Magazines and car keys being thrown into a bowl to determine who plays with who.

Single guys can now be classed as swingers in my view because a single guy who is smooth enough to go out on a successive pull every weekend night out and has lots of females sex partners, is totally different from the single guy who can have sex while being watched by others, can fuck a married woman while her husband is watching and can deal with the many dynamics that are required in the swinging lifestyle as it is today.

"

good post ..!!

Yeah - well said!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Well said that man !

Forum Mod

I agree as well lol

pssst what am I agreeing to?

"I agree as well lol

pssst what am I agreeing to? "

deviant liasons with yours truely

Forum Mod

"I agree as well lol

deviant liasons with yours truely"

Oh thats cool!

"I agree as well lol

Oh thats cool! "

Ffs...its hot...not cool....wonders off sighing!

i totally disagree, even if there was no couples....i only meet single guys, and i'm single... i certainly aint looking for a relationship .... so to me it wouldn't be a dating site or cheating site.

By *1dKingColeMan  over a year ago

east london

"The backbone of swinging is the PEOPLE that are doing it"

Now that I agree with!

east london

"First of all I think, the definition of Swinging has evolved to something markedly different from those days of Contact Magazines and car keys being thrown into a bowl to determine who plays with who.

"

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly."

Stop procrastinating and get on with the bloody auction!!!!

Forum Mod

"I agree as well lol

Oh thats cool!

Ffs...its hot...not cool....wonders off sighing!"

Ok its so hot its cool.....come back and don't wander off sighing lol

east london

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

Stop procrastinating and get on with the bloody auction!!!!"

I'm starting with £20 on you! }-)

xx

Cyprus

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

xx"

Hahahahahahhahahahahhahaha

Make sure you can afford me babe........£20.00 will get ya 10 minutes of misery......!

lol

all over the place

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

xx"

18 quid change mate

Cyprus

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

xx

18 quid change mate "

You've put my rates up again I see PD!

east london

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

xx

18 quid change mate

You've put my rates up again I see PD!"

I suppose I could chip in and 'pass it on'

LOL

all over the place

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

xx

18 quid change mate

You've put my rates up again I see PD!"

just applying that special discount scheme babes

Cyprus

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

xx

18 quid change mate

just applying that special discount scheme babes "

Is that the one where you get it free cus you're a sympathy shag?

**maddie rolls eyes, giggles and runs off**

all over the place

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

xx

18 quid change mate

**maddie rolls eyes, giggles and runs off**"

well if ya come and ride me babe i will say yeah .,,,,,pmsl

Cyprus

Good post as PD said!

Agree completly.

xx

18 quid change mate

**maddie rolls eyes, giggles and runs off**

well if ya come and ride me babe i will say yeah .,,,,,pmsl "

You laying back and thinking of England again?

Imo we are like a chocolate bar we're not a necesity but its a nice treat now and then

"

"

"can fuck a married woman while her husband is watching"

Now imagine that married women was no longer..............you are back to NSA

"So you think if we did a survey or couples on here...the highest percentage would be those who only swing with couples????"

Dating or swinging miss/mr ?

agree one hundred per cent. Part of a couple, a group or single. Gay,bi or straight, it's all about the people and no one type/individual is more or less of a 'swinger' than any other

Spot on

[Removed by poster at 11/06/09 00:04:17]

Spot on

"agree one hundred per cent. Part of a couple, a group or single. Gay,bi or straight, it's all about the people and no one type/individual is more or less of a 'swinger' than any other"

But if you take the couples out of your arguement.................. are we not left with singles doing what singles do

"agree one hundred per cent. Part of a couple, a group or single. Gay,bi or straight, it's all about the people and no one type/individual is more or less of a 'swinger' than any other

But if you take the couples out of your arguement.................. are we not left with singles doing what singles do "

and if we take the singles out are we not just left with promiscuous sex with no variety?

or do you think swinging should be regulated to mfmf?

m/b/f/m/budgie

"m/b/f/m/budgie"
u forgot pussy

"agree one hundred per cent. Part of a couple, a group or single. Gay,bi or straight, it's all about the people and no one type/individual is more or less of a 'swinger' than any other

But if you take the couples out of your arguement.................. are we not left with singles doing what singles do

and if we take the singles out are we not just left with promiscuous sex with no variety?

or do you think swinging should be regulated to mfmf?"

Nope, if you take singles out, which I am not advocating you merely prove my point.

Nope, if you take singles out, which I am not advocating you merely prove my point. "

here pussy pussy

pussy o yes sorry.....

"pussy o yes sorry....."
meow xxxxxxxxxxx

Nope, if you take singles out, which I am not advocating you merely prove my point. "

In the context of this site if you take the couples out you are simply left with singles and cheats

oh yes....your point..........tosser.

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

So the singles are barred are they???

Cor there wont be many site supporters then will there...

...lol

"So the singles are barred are they???

...lol"

NO we are not barred, as long as we know our place.

lol

all over the place

...lol

lol"

some mentally deranged ones should be tho i reckon ...!!!

...lol

lol

some mentally deranged ones should be tho i reckon ...!!! "

noooo, what would sanctimonious couples have to play with then????

A single guy or girl can easily determine if they are a swinger or not. All they have to do is ask themselves the following question:

Will I swap when I have a partner?

If you can answer yes to that then you're a swinger. I know a LOT of single men who have said quite vociferously that they could never share their girl with anyone. One guy we met made such a point of it that it made us feel cheap and when he asked to meet again we reminded him of his convictions.

To answer the OP: Couples are the backbone of swinging, without a doubt. The clubs would be empty without them and house parties wouldn't exist without them either. The above post about swinging being nothing more than a dating scene without couples is very accurate.

I have a partner....and yes people are welcome to him lol.

sighs...it was an ironic post against the bash single men post lol.

Although I still stand by thefact for all it being a couples activity, many wouldnt have half as much fun without the singles, female or male.

personally i love single guys, theres some right arses that use these sites but the good ones make up for them

"

To answer the OP: Couples are the backbone of swinging, without a doubt. The clubs would be empty without them and house parties wouldn't exist without them either. The above post about swinging being nothing more than a dating scene without couples is very accurate."

sorry got to disagree, women are the back bone of swinging, most people who meets couples be it single guys, other women or couples wouldnt give to toss if the male half wasnt there clubs would run with out couples and so would house parties so long as women went they dont have to be attatched

Is there a swinging site purely for couples?

Maybe someone should start one.

Then that would negate the following

extortionate fees for singles...unless you have breasts, and realise that they are a valued part of swinging

The emails from couples who cant read a profile that states, they dont meet couples

the whinges about male email bombardment..as if you were on a site with them, you obviously want to meet them

all this wont stop time wasters and wankers of any sex, but hey ho, you cant have everything.

maidstone

"A single guy or girl can easily determine if they are a swinger or not. All they have to do is ask themselves the following question:

If you can answer yes to that then you're a swinger. "

very well put. I know myself that its part ( not all ) of who I am. I've tried to live within relationships where swinging had no part, and I was 100% faithful in those times ...but it was always a part of why they didnt work for me.

i worried that this may preclude me from ever finding that special someone again , one who was like minded in this way, but seeing so many strong couples here gives me that hope .

but for now I'm a very happy swingle xx

"A single guy or girl can easily determine if they are a swinger or not. All they have to do is ask themselves the following question:

If you can answer yes to that then you're a swinger.

very well put. I know myself that its part ( not all ) of who I am. I've tried to live within relationships where swinging had no part, and I was 100% faithful in those times ...but it was always a part of why they didnt work for me.

i worried that this may preclude me from ever finding that special someone again , one who was like minded in this way, but seeing so many strong couples here gives me that hope .

but for now I'm a very happy swingle xx"

Take heart hon. Siren and I met through swinging in 2007, we were married in 2008 and she gave birth to our son 9 weeks ago.

It is possible to find that special someone within the swinging scene, trust me.

" clubs would run with out couples and so would house parties so long as women went they dont have to be attatched"

But how many women would attend these events NN. I know some single women have nerves of steel and would go somewhere on their own but they are few and far between. Can you imagine a club or party with only one or two females present, large numbers of guys and copious amounts of alcohol.

maidstone

thanks wishy xx you'd be one of the couples where i can see it clearly can work.

Its not what i'm looking for right now..but i'm going to need soomeone to help me with my zimmer frame later in life arent i

xx

"thanks wishy xx you'd be one of the couples where i can see it clearly can work.

Its not what i'm looking for right now..but i'm going to need soomeone to help me with my zimmer frame later in life arent i

xx"

Thank hon. In the meantime, while you're waiting, if you're not busy... can I have a suck on those lovely nipples of yours hehehe .. preferebly with them hanging a few inches above my mouth... God I love swinging

all over the place

"Is there a swinging site purely for couples?

Maybe someone should start one.

Then that would negate the following

extortionate fees for singles...unless you have breasts, and realise that they are a valued part of swinging

The emails from couples who cant read a profile that states, they dont meet couples

the whinges about male email bombardment..as if you were on a site with them, you obviously want to meet them

all this wont stop time wasters and wankers of any sex, but hey ho, you cant have everything.

"

wow post modern irony at its best ...how many clubs would remain open without the extortianate fees charged to single men and....could it be that actually because they primarily fund the pleasurepalaces, the singles are the backbone of swinging after all ?

after all 2 singles together even for an hour is a couple ...!

By *KrudegirlCouple  over a year ago

norwich

Personally I find the 'swinger' label too restrictive - mainly because of its history I guess. Simgles, couples, ménage à trois ... all are fun to play with if there is an attraction for all parties. For me it's not just the sex but the variety too so I tend towards the notional label of Sexual Adventurer.

Sexual Adventurers are folk for whom one label is just not enough ... they may come from the swing scene, the fetish/BDSM scene, from dogging, exhibitionism, naturism or even be brand new looking for something more than monogamy!

What they have in common is that they are folk who want to explore the wider shores of sexuality that border the vast ocean of sensuality upon which we sail, Sexual Adventurers are hedonists who celebrate their sexuality and libedo rather than repressing it ... and are emotionally far healthier for it.

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

all over the place

"Personally I find the 'swinger' label too restrictive - mainly because of its history I guess. Simgles, couples, ménage à trois ... all are fun to play with if there is an attraction for all parties. For me it's not just the sex but the variety too so I tend towards the notional label of Sexual Adventurer.

Sexual Adventurers are folk for whom one label is just not enough ... they may come from the swing scene, the fetish/BDSM scene, from dogging, exhibitionism, naturism or even be brand new looking for something more than monogamy!

What they have in common is that they are folk who want to explore the wider shores of sexuality that border the vast ocean of sensuality upon which we sail, Sexual Adventurers are hedonists who celebrate their sexuality and libedo rather than repressing it ... and are emotionally far healthier for it.

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx"

hmmm good post ..and i like the name sexual adventurer ...not sure about hedonism tho as its more about all forms of pleasure rather than just sex ...even paying a bill is a hedonistic act ...

PD

Do singles, as a rule, participate in 3/4/moresomes then? Is it common practice for 'normal' singles to participate in sex games with a couple they met just a few hours ago? Do regular 'singles' get to participate in gang bangs in a club? How many singles do you know regularly could say they spent Saturday night dp'ing a lady while her husband watched/filmed? This is not what a single person does. This is swinging. I've had many conversations with non swinging single mates and not one has experienced anything like I've just outlined, active sex life or not.

Do singles, as a rule, participate in 3/4/moresomes then? Is it common practice for 'normal' singles to participate in sex games with a couple they met just a few hours ago? Do regular 'singles' get to participate in gang bangs in a club? How many singles do you know regularly could say they spent Saturday night dp'ing a lady while her husband watched/filmed? This is not what a single person does. This is swinging. I've had many conversations with non swinging single mates and not one has experienced anything like I've just outlined, active sex life or not.

"Personally I find the 'swinger' label too restrictive - mainly because of its history I guess. Simgles, couples, ménage à trois ... all are fun to play with if there is an attraction for all parties. For me it's not just the sex but the variety too so I tend towards the notional label of Sexual Adventurer.

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx"

Jeez, there were enough metaphors in there to fill a dictionary!

I'm a swinger yet I am also a Dom but I don't think of myself as a Dom Swinger. When I'm playing as a Dom I'm firmly entranched in the BDSM scene and when I'm swinging I'm a swinger. Sometimes the two converge but not often.

Hedonism is a school of philosophy that argues that pleasure is the most important pursuit of humanity.

Pleasure is a lovely feeling, I agree, but you can't have pleasure as the only emotion and/or feeling that you experience so hedonism is a bit of a dream really and you get to live that dream for only a fraction of the time so I don't see it as a basis for a lifestyle.

Some argue that the term 'swinging' is restrictive but I feel it's the exact opposite. It's an all encompassing term for sexual adventure. Most non-swinging folk will hear the word 'swinger' and automatically think of sex. Not being in the swinging scene they cannot know just how diverse the swinging scene really is but the term 'swinger' seems to sum it up for them and I'm happy with that label just as equally as I'm happy being known as a Man Utd fan, as an F1 fan or as a golf enthusiast. They're all labels that we acquire in our lives as people like to be able to pigeon-hole others into a place that fits in with their world view. When they can't pigeon-hole you they become wary and untrusting.

Consider this:

If a person floated towards you two inches above the ground and you could ascertain without any doubt at all that there were no strings or trickery involved your mind would STILL try to convince you it was a trick because your world view - the way you have been brought up to believe that people cannot fly unaided - refuses to accept it.

Have you ever had the experience whereby an answer to a problem or question has eluded you for a long time and then someone says something or you see something and the answer to your problem becomes instantly clear to you?

That is called an Impact Moment - that split second when a light goes on in your head and Eureka! ... Understanding!

You may not know it but your world view has been altered and such realisations often lead you to rethink other things you once thought sacrosanct.

This is why we have 'labels'.

On a more simplistic scale: Would you buy something from Marks & Spencer if it didn't have a label stitched into it?

maidstone

"thanks wishy xx you'd be one of the couples where i can see it clearly can work.

xx

Thank hon. In the meantime, while you're waiting, if you're not busy... can I have a suck on those lovely nipples of yours hehehe .. preferebly with them hanging a few inches above my mouth... God I love swinging "

cant think of a better way to pass the time

xx

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

I'm a swinger yet I am also a Dom but I don't think of myself as a Dom Swinger. When I'm playing as a Dom I'm firmly entranched in the BDSM scene and when I'm swinging I'm a swinger. Sometimes the two converge but not often.

"

wayhay there is a god.

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god."

You called?

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?"

God not sod, but close enough for me. lol

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?

God not sod, but close enough for me. lol"

I bet you say that to all the Doms

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?

I bet you say that to all the Doms"

lol oh you dont want to know what I say to ahem Doms.lol

all over the place

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?

lol oh you dont want to know what I say to ahem Doms.lol"

She actually says "oh wise one...i bow before thee." and i can prove it ...pmsl

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?

She actually says "oh wise one...i bow before thee." and i can prove it ...pmsl "

This I just gotta see!! Lead on, dear chap! (not literally you understand) hehehe

all over the place

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?

This I just gotta see!! Lead on, dear chap! (not literally you understand) hehehe"

she would come in the night and eliminate anyone who saw it mate ....and there is no way i want a lump if metal up my dick with 240 volts

sorr but the fabled words were said once

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?

She actually says "oh wise one...i bow before thee." and i can prove it ...pmsl "

AHEM!....

all over the place

[Removed by poster at 11/06/09 18:06:15]

all over the place

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?

AHEM!...."

ooohhh alright fair cop she was taking the piss ok ...anything has to be better than the voltage and metal prods ...

Notting

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?

AHEM!....

ooohhh alright fair cop she was taking the piss ok ...anything has to be better than the voltage and metal prods ..."

You loved it really!!!!!!!!!!

all over the place

Love n stuff

Rudie

xx

wayhay there is a god.

You called?

AHEM!....

ooohhh alright fair cop she was taking the piss ok ...anything has to be better than the voltage and metal prods ...

You loved it really!!!!!!!!!!"

whoooa space girl i never been there nor would i ...you think i am mad ..or just winding me up

Notting

Think yr mad hun!!!!

all over the place

thats ok then ...

By *KrudegirlCouple  over a year ago

norwich

"Jeez, there were enough metaphors in there to fill a dictionary!"

LOL - only if you have a very small one my dear

"I'm a swinger yet I am also a Dom but I don't think of myself as a Dom Swinger. When I'm playing as a Dom I'm firmly entranched in the BDSM scene and when I'm swinging I'm a swinger. Sometimes the two converge but not often."

The Swinging Dom - why does that counjour up a mental image of a big perm, droopy moustach and a medallion - Disco Domming, Saturday Night Flagellation!

"Hedonism is a school of philosophy that argues that pleasure is the most important pursuit of humanity.

Pleasure is a lovely feeling, I agree, but you can't have pleasure as the only emotion and/or feeling that you experience so hedonism is a bit of a dream really and you get to live that dream for only a fraction of the time so I don't see it as a basis for a lifestyle."

Anyone who lives has a 'lifestyle' and, in detail, they are as varied as the number of people. The pursuit of pleasure is just as valid as the pursuit of wealth or knowledge or the holy grail if that is what floats the individuals boat.

"Some argue that the term 'swinging' is restrictive but I feel it's the exact opposite. It's an all encompassing term for sexual adventure. Most non-swinging folk will hear the word 'swinger' and automatically think of sex. Not being in the swinging scene they cannot know just how diverse the swinging scene really is but the term 'swinger' seems to sum it up for them and I'm happy with that label just as equally as I'm happy being known as a Man Utd fan, as an F1 fan or as a golf enthusiast. They're all labels that we acquire in our lives as people like to be able to pigeon-hole others into a place that fits in with their world view. When they can't pigeon-hole you they become wary and untrusting."

As I said "Personally I find the 'swinger' label too restrictive - mainly because of its history I guess!" Your view may differ, if it works for you thats fine.

"Consider this:

If a person floated towards you two inches above the ground and you could ascertain without any doubt at all that there were no strings or trickery involved your mind would STILL try to convince you it was a trick because your world view - the way you have been brought up to believe that people cannot fly unaided - refuses to accept it."

I would more likely consider that my drink had been spiked given basic physics.

"Have you ever had the experience whereby an answer to a problem or question has eluded you for a long time and then someone says something or you see something and the answer to your problem becomes instantly clear to you?

That is called an Impact Moment - that split second when a light goes on in your head and Eureka! ... Understanding!

You may not know it but your world view has been altered and such realisations often lead you to rethink other things you once thought sacrosanct.

This is why we have 'labels'. "

An interesting 'take' on the cognitive process, not sure about 'impact moment' though - sounds like it's up there with 'blue sky thinking' and other such expressions. To paraphrase Becker in his work 'Labelling Theory' - humans need labels to make sense of their world, application of the 'wrong' label can have disasterous effects upon the individual.

"On a more simplistic scale: Would you buy something from Marks & Spencer if it didn't have a label stitched into it?"

I don't think I have ever shopped at M&S.

all over the place

well thats that then ....

Cyprus

"Jeez, there were enough metaphors in there to fill a dictionary!

The Swinging Dom - why does that counjour up a mental image of a big perm, droopy moustach and a medallion - Disco Domming, Saturday Night Flagellation!

Hedonism is a school of philosophy that argues that pleasure is the most important pursuit of humanity.

Pleasure is a lovely feeling, I agree, but you can't have pleasure as the only emotion and/or feeling that you experience so hedonism is a bit of a dream really and you get to live that dream for only a fraction of the time so I don't see it as a basis for a lifestyle.

Anyone who lives has a 'lifestyle' and, in detail, they are as varied as the number of people. The pursuit of pleasure is just as valid as the pursuit of wealth or knowledge or the holy grail if that is what floats the individuals boat.

Some argue that the term 'swinging' is restrictive but I feel it's the exact opposite. It's an all encompassing term for sexual adventure. Most non-swinging folk will hear the word 'swinger' and automatically think of sex. Not being in the swinging scene they cannot know just how diverse the swinging scene really is but the term 'swinger' seems to sum it up for them and I'm happy with that label just as equally as I'm happy being known as a Man Utd fan, as an F1 fan or as a golf enthusiast. They're all labels that we acquire in our lives as people like to be able to pigeon-hole others into a place that fits in with their world view. When they can't pigeon-hole you they become wary and untrusting.

As I said "Personally I find the 'swinger' label too restrictive - mainly because of its history I guess!" Your view may differ, if it works for you thats fine.

Consider this:

If a person floated towards you two inches above the ground and you could ascertain without any doubt at all that there were no strings or trickery involved your mind would STILL try to convince you it was a trick because your world view - the way you have been brought up to believe that people cannot fly unaided - refuses to accept it.

Have you ever had the experience whereby an answer to a problem or question has eluded you for a long time and then someone says something or you see something and the answer to your problem becomes instantly clear to you?

An interesting 'take' on the cognitive process, not sure about 'impact moment' though - sounds like it's up there with 'blue sky thinking' and other such expressions. To paraphrase Becker in his work 'Labelling Theory' - humans need labels to make sense of their world, application of the 'wrong' label can have disasterous effects upon the individual.

On a more simplistic scale: Would you buy something from Marks & Spencer if it didn't have a label stitched into it?

I don't think I have ever shopped at M&S."

Do people still shop in Marks and Spencers for anything other than food?

sniff, makes me proud to be a single male lol

"Jeez, there were enough metaphors in there to fill a dictionary!

Consider this:

I don't think I have ever shopped at M&S.

Do people still shop in Marks and Spencers for anything other than food?"

of course...their per una range is fabby darling.

"

of course...their per una range is fabby darling."

Next time your in there, do you think you could buy some scissors to cut those quotes down a bit

I'm only feeling brave because I'm out the country for two weeks :*

"

of course...their per una range is fabby darling.

Next time your in there, do you think you could buy some scissors to cut those quotes down a bit

I'm only feeling brave because I'm out the country for two weeks :*"

Going anywhere nice?

La France, en la tunnel sous la manche.

Anyone want any cheap booze and fags bringing back?

oooooooo

ill have some menthols

By *achaCouple  over a year ago

manchester

no.

stop being silly.

"La France, en la tunnel sous la manche.

Anyone want any cheap booze and fags bringing back?"

Where abouts? We are of to Cap D'Agde on wed for 7 days of sun and 7 nights of fun

"oooooooo

ill have some menthols"

Oooh me too please

Anyone want any cheap booze and fags bringing back?

Where abouts? We are of to Cap D'Agde on wed for 7 days of sun and 7 nights of fun "

Compiegne, north of Paris.

Passed through Agde years ago, driving from Italy back to the UK. Didn't realise the kind of resort they had there

Anyone want any cheap booze and fags bringing back?"

I dont care how much you bring back...I am not doing Bohemien Rhapsody! lol

» Add a new message to this topic