FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > M Pox vaccine

M Pox vaccine

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iscreetfuncpl12 OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

Somerset

Has anyone managed to get a M Pox vaccine?

We saw a poster in a club recently (possibly an old poster from the previous outbreak) about it and figured we should get protected as we are at risk. We tick the boxes of those who should get vaccinated yet the only vaccination centres are in London and Manchester. Has anyone managed to get vaccinated recently anywhere else?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inkydong12Man 3 weeks ago

Chester

I would avoid vaccines and make sure you don’t tick boxes

Somerset

"I would avoid vaccines and make sure you don’t tick boxes "

I had typed a little addendum to this message to ask people refrain from bringing vaccines in general to this. Foolishly I deleted it. It really was a straightforward request for information.

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS 3 weeks ago

Bristol.

I was lucky enough to be referred to the university tropical disease centre in Bristol during the first outbreak and had the course of treatment..

Apparently, I have been informed it does cover the new strain..

It was very difficult back then to be considered for the course of vaccinations.

Would you like the info/ link from back then?

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS 3 weeks ago

Bristol.

Ps..

This was back last year..Jan/Mar 2023.

By *melie LALWoman 3 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I would avoid vaccines and make sure you don’t tick boxes

I had typed a little addendum to this message to ask people refrain from bringing vaccines in general to this. Foolishly I deleted it. It really was a straightforward request for information."

Somerset

"I was lucky enough to be referred to the university tropical disease centre in Bristol during the first outbreak and had the course of treatment..

Apparently, I have been informed it does cover the new strain..

It was very difficult back then to be considered for the course of vaccinations.

Would you like the info/ link from back then?

"

Thanks for the offer but I will contact my GP as we don’t live in Bristol.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Central

"I would avoid vaccines and make sure you don’t tick boxes "

Personal choices but vaccines have been the greatest gift towards increasing lengths of healthier, longer lifespans that the human race has created.

By *ilvercreatureMan 2 weeks ago

West Yorkshire

Personal choices but vaccines have been the greatest gift towards increasing lengths of healthier, longer lifespans that the human race has created. "

Deluded

By *izandpaulCouple 2 weeks ago

merseyside

Personal choices but vaccines have been the greatest gift towards increasing lengths of healthier, longer lifespans that the human race has created.

Deluded "

Well, at least you admit you are.

We done, have a sweetie.

But to be fair, the only thing that has been more beneficial to global heslthcare than vaccine is access to clean water.

By *izandpaulCouple 2 weeks ago

merseyside

Deluded

We done, have a sweetie.

But to be fair, the only thing that has been more beneficial to global heslthcare than vaccine is access to clean water.

"

And in my case more access to specsavers.

My teacher was right, check your spelling before handing in your work.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Central

Deluded

We done, have a sweetie.

And in my case more access to specsavers.

My teacher was right, check your spelling before handing in your work. "

By *an DeLyonMan 2 weeks ago

County Durham

"Has anyone managed to get a M Pox vaccine?

We saw a poster in a club recently (possibly an old poster from the previous outbreak) about it and figured we should get protected as we are at risk. We tick the boxes of those who should get vaccinated yet the only vaccination centres are in London and Manchester. Has anyone managed to get vaccinated recently anywhere else?

"

Yes.. have a craving for Bananas now! 🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

By *arry and MegsCouple 2 weeks ago

Ipswich

"

Mmm we had delicious Bananas today, fresh from Israel

By *igNick1381Man 2 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

Deluded "

Ro be anti vaccine is delusional

By *atnip make me purrWoman 2 weeks ago

Reading

Personal choices but vaccines have been the greatest gift towards increasing lengths of healthier, longer lifespans that the human race has created. "

Agreed and the new cancer Vaccines being trialed will be another game changer

By *orthants naughtyMan 2 weeks ago

Gretton

Don't fall for this crap again people please x

By *ony-JonesMan 2 weeks ago

Gillingham

"

haha hope you don't start climbing trees

County Durham

Mmm we had delicious Bananas today, fresh from Israel "

??? You'll have to explain that in detail

County Durham

Mmm we had delicious Bananas today, fresh from Israel "

??? No sorry I don't understand that.. can you please explain in detail?

By *adWulfCouple 2 weeks ago

Taunton

[Removed by poster at 02/09/24 09:17:01]

BRIDGEND

I believe mpox, as a virus, is more stable and less prone to rapid mutations like flu / covid etc to the vaccine is more stable and doesn't require regular boosters to keep up with mpox variations

I understand the shot offered last year (year before maybe) is still the same vaccine in use now

You can't just lump all vaccines into the same pot, they're different dependent on the disease

By *eliusMan 2 weeks ago

Henlow

"Don't fall for this crap again people please x"

Funniest post I’ve seen on the forums this week. If I could remove the hand currently facepalming me I’d applaud you.

By (user no longer on site) 2 weeks ago

Had mine last Yr,

BRIDGEND

The CDC recommends the following for the mpox vaccine:

Get two doses: The JYNNEOS vaccine is typically given in two doses, 28 days apart. People who only received one shot should receive their second dose.

Get vaccinated if you're at risk: The CDC recommends vaccination for people who have had known or suspected exposure to someone with mpox, or who have had a sex partner diagnosed with mpox in the past two weeks.

Don't get vaccinated if you've recovered: People who have recovered from mpox do not need any mpox vaccine doses.

BRIDGEND

I think one of the big problems people had with the covid vaccine was the insistence that the vaccine was the only safe way and you couldn't rely on natural immunity from previous infection, which didn't sound right and wasn't

Central

"I think one of the big problems people had with the covid vaccine was the insistence that the vaccine was the only safe way and you couldn't rely on natural immunity from previous infection, which didn't sound right and wasn't "

That wasn't what the openly published research evidence was saying, which evaluated infection and vaccine acquired immunity, amongst other things.

There has been many fear stoking posts, in many areas as well as newsletters, that inflamed fears and anxiety.

One strength of the pandemic was the record breaking volume of research and data that was acquired globally. Certainly, it's easy to be overwhelmed, when there's extensive volumes of stuff that can grab attention. Unfortunately, there were some high volume anti accuse campaigns that were active, which did push many away from them. There are still people suffering from Long Covid, all these years after the pandemic, which is awful for those still suffering.

County Durham

Not sure if it's as serious as COVID that swept through Europe.

Central

"Not sure if it's as serious as COVID that swept through Europe."

It doesn't appear to have that risk level, at the moment. It's still relatively low level and mainly confined to countries around the DRC, in Africa. As we've seen with other infections, people travel and things aren't static. It likely also has a bigger impact there, due to poorer nutrition and impaired health service coverage. This latter point probably means that reported levels are lower than reality though.

The first vaccines are shortly to start arriving there, in very low numbers - the richer countries have them and we need to share better.

In the UK we have smallpox vaccines, which seem to provide very good immunity. Many people routinely had them in the past, until the risk of Smallpox was eradicated in 1980. Immunity is probably lifelong

By *I TwoCouple 2 weeks ago

currently travelling down W France

Mmm we had delicious Bananas today, fresh from Israel

??? No sorry I don't understand that.. can you please explain in detail?"

I had Bananas

They came from Israel and we're delicious

It's not particularly difficult, there was only one sentence

By *ools and the brainCouple 2 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Enlighten us with your educational views?

By *imzMan 2 weeks ago

Leicester

Just saw on social media today an Italian guy got COVID, followed by M Pox which led to HIV. I'm not sure how true the later is. I don't believe everything social media.

Central

"Just saw on social media today an Italian guy got COVID, followed by M Pox which led to HIV. I'm not sure how true the later is. I don't believe everything social media. "

Anyone could be infected by multiple organisms and just 3 infections in a lifetime would potentially be very fortunate. Of course, as Mpox is largely in countries around the DRC, it seems like BS, of course.

By *otsossieMan 2 weeks ago

Chesterfield

"Just saw on social media today an Italian guy got COVID, followed by M Pox which led to HIV. I'm not sure how true the later is. I don't believe everything social media. "

Currently you’re more likely to get mpox from unprotected sex, so that kinda scans.

It’s transmissible by skin to skin contact.

By *otsossieMan 2 weeks ago

Chesterfield

"Not sure if it's as serious as COVID that swept through Europe."

You don’t want to get it, but it’s not as transmissible as covid etc.

I’m not hugely concerned but then I live like a nun

By *ools and the brainCouple 2 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Sounds legit

By *ootnootboopCouple 2 weeks ago

Cheshire

You know what reading this forum tells me??

That there is a distinct lack of critical thinking ability in parts of society. The inability to decide if a source of information/someone's credentials are genuine is shocking.

Couple that with social media and the interesting behaviours of those who peddle conspiracy theories and you get a large part of society who will believe anything that they are told. Regardless of viability of that information.

A

By (user no longer on site) 2 weeks ago

"You know what reading this forum tells me??

That there is a distinct lack of critical thinking ability in parts of society. The inability to decide if a source of information/someone's credentials are genuine is shocking.

Couple that with social media and the interesting behaviours of those who peddle conspiracy theories and you get a large part of society who will believe anything that they are told. Regardless of viability of that information.

A "

When you ride alone you ride with Hitler!

Propaganda, it never changes.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 2 weeks ago

North West

And yet here you are. Spouting that.

By *ou only live onceMan 2 weeks ago

London

How true? I'm going to go out on a limb and say zero.

By *luttTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Duns

"I believe mpox, as a virus, is more stable and less prone to rapid mutations like flu / covid etc to the vaccine is more stable and doesn't require regular boosters to keep up with mpox variations

I understand the shot offered last year (year before maybe) is still the same vaccine in use now

You can't just lump all vaccines into the same pot, they're different dependent on the disease "

From when I had it last year I don’t think it’s even a monkeypox vaccine as such, it’s actually the smallpox vaccine.

Much like the original vaccine (using cowpox, hence the vac in vaccine) the viruses are closely-related enough that it still works.

By *ackformore100Man 1 week ago

Tin town

"Not sure if it's as serious as COVID that swept through Europe.

You don’t want to get it, but it’s not as transmissible as covid etc.

I’m not hugely concerned but then I live like a nun "

Yodel ay hee hoo

By *enuineguy76Man 1 week ago

Glasgow

fall for what ? mpox ? Sorry I meant money pox !

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

"Don't fall for this crap again people please x fall for what ? mpox ? Sorry I meant money pox !"

Did you get the Smallpox vaccine?

By *inky_ragnarCouple 1 week ago

Peterborough

Deluded "

We will be sure to avoid meeting up with someone who has such a backward regard concerning health, in a scene where EVERYONE needs to be tested and clean.

Tin town

Deluded

We will be sure to avoid meeting up with someone who has such a backward regard concerning health, in a scene where EVERYONE needs to be tested and clean."

Out of interest, realistically, how are you establishing anyones regard to health and whether or not it's backward?

By *I TwoCouple 1 week ago

Deluded

We will be sure to avoid meeting up with someone who has such a backward regard concerning health, in a scene where EVERYONE needs to be tested and clean.

Out of interest, realistically, how are you establishing anyones regard to health and whether or not it's backward? "

The block button works pretty well against such profiles

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

Deluded

Out of interest, realistically, how are you establishing anyones regard to health and whether or not it's backward?

The block button works pretty well against such profiles "

And often wise to use it, as a preventative measure, just in case

By *I TwoCouple 1 week ago

Deluded

The block button works pretty well against such profiles

And often wise to use it, as a preventative measure, just in case "

It's almost worn out at this stage

Tin town

Deluded

The block button works pretty well against such profiles "

But how do you find "such profiles" I mean it's all well and good putting a dog whistle in a thread but can you realistically know what "such profiles" are? Apart from the ubiquitous... "this threads a good filter comment.

By *urioustoswingMan 1 week ago

london

I had mine done home in NYC. They still provide them

By *oandstephCouple 1 week ago

Bradford

Block button probably works better at protecting you from said viruses than the vaccines themselves lol, gibe it 10 years though and they not be many vaccinated people left to meet

» Add a new message to this topic