FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Being prepared for a lockdown.

Being prepared for a lockdown.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 3 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I was watching sam suleks video, he is a fitness influencer and I like how he was talking about being better prepared with the training without any interruptions.

He compared how unprepared many was during the covid lockdown, where many couldnt train as they werent so prepared.

He also mentioned that it might be a good idea to start to equip a home gym with basic dumbbells and such things, before it might be too late.

What is your view about it, do you also think that we will have a lockdown, do you have a home gym? I reckon we will have a lockdown around the same time. l already train at home, so I am prepared for it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ill69888Couple 3 weeks ago

cheltenham

"I was watching sam suleks video, he is a fitness influencer and I like how he was talking about being better prepared with the training without any interruptions.

He compared how unprepared many was during the covid lockdown, where many couldnt train as they werent so prepared.

Why do we need to have a lockdown? There is no need for one.

He also mentioned that it might be a good idea to start to equip a home gym with basic dumbbells and such things, before it might be too late.

What is your view about it, do you also think that we will have a lockdown, do you have a home gym? I reckon we will have a lockdown around the same time. l already train at home, so I am prepared for it "

cheltenham

"I was watching sam suleks video, he is a fitness influencer and I like how he was talking about being better prepared with the training without any interruptions.

What is your view about it, do you also think that we will have a lockdown, do you have a home gym? I reckon we will have a lockdown around the same time. l already train at home, so I am prepared for it "

why do we need a lockdown? There is zero need for one!

By *allySlinkyWoman 3 weeks ago

Leeds

Did he suggest buying home gym equipment from his own website ?

By *ynecplCouple 3 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We were very lucky as we had just finished setting up a home gym with a spin bike, treadmill and weights and bands when COVID hit. Working from home and having no other outside distractions meant we actually got fitter and lost weight during the lockdown. We still use our gym and it has grown a bit since the end of lockdown.

What is your view about it, do you also think that we will have a lockdown, do you have a home gym? I reckon we will have a lockdown around the same time. l already train at home, so I am prepared for it why do we need a lockdown? There is zero need for one!"

You are right there, we dont need one, but you never know, it is good to be prepared for one just in case too.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Central

We will certainly have another pandemic and the tactics used to limit its effects are less certain. It may or may not include lockdown.

A lot of exercise can be done with bodyweight and home items, instead of free weights, so I'd probably use that approach.

By *eavenscentitCouple 3 weeks ago

barnstaple

I won't be locked down.

"Did he suggest buying home gym equipment from his own website ?"
No, he didnt suggest anything from that.

By *ad NannaWoman 3 weeks ago

East London

Would you have enough space for all the gym equipment you would need to maintain your current body shape?

Even a small multi gym takes up space.

We had a gym room for years my son soon got bored with.

We won't have another lockdown. We can't afford one.

By *itaminMan 3 weeks ago

Felixstowe

"I won't be locked down."

This.

By *eedsmale36Man 3 weeks ago

Leeds

Mpox or as it was known Monkey Pox is coming

By *eliusMan 3 weeks ago

Henlow

You don’t need equipment to work out. You have a body, and provided it moves, you can exercise quite easily and effectively both in terms of cardio and resistance. However you can improvise equipment if you need too. A wheel barrow can be filled and used in various ways, your car’s spare wheel is quite versatile. Garden bags filled with rocks and stuff. Perhaps the only thing I would suggest buying if you don’t have are a set of resistance bands.

And, believe it or not, no lock down is required to even go down this route

cheltenham

"We will certainly have another pandemic and the tactics used to limit its effects are less certain. It may or may not include lockdown.

A lot of exercise can be done with bodyweight and home items, instead of free weights, so I'd probably use that approach. "

why will be certainly have another pandemic? Pre covid, there was nothing since the Spanish flu, which was 100 years before.

It’s pretty certain the last one was man made though, so maybe you are right if the powers that be, decide they need to exert some control over us again. Mind you, I’m not sure so many people will be so keen to follow any restrictions placed

"We were very lucky as we had just finished setting up a home gym with a spin bike, treadmill and weights and bands when COVID hit. Working from home and having no other outside distractions meant we actually got fitter and lost weight during the lockdown. We still use our gym and it has grown a bit since the end of lockdown. "
Hi _ynecpl, that is good you were lucky, as you had just finished setting up a home gym, yes, working from home have its advantages too

By *ym fit 84Man 3 weeks ago

Norwich

All ready have full set up at home no distractions no excuses 💪

By *ocker6104Man 3 weeks ago

Lincoln

Why are you worrying about a lockdown or asking on here?

By *ornucopiaMan 3 weeks ago

Bexley

I modified an execise bike, which has a heavy flywheel, to drive a generator which gives me worthwhile car battery charging , at least 5 Amps. Enough to run a variety of devices including my 3 way camping fridge.

On the road to self sufficiency as long as I can obtain food.

By *haveanicevoiceMan 3 weeks ago

Soggy Middle-Earth (Cumbria)

"Why are you worrying about a lockdown or asking on here? "

History is littered with the events and wars everybody knew could never happen.

By *assageVirtuosoMan 3 weeks ago

SouthEast

I've had a home gym for a decade.

I don't care if they try to impose lock down again. People will rebel.

By *itygamesMan 3 weeks ago

UK

The last one didnt prove anything , the whole world got covid , so no point even discussing. There wont be one.

By *hors fantasyCouple 3 weeks ago

Blackpool

There is less need for a lock down now than last time and last time there was 0% need

By *ess King tvTV/TS 3 weeks ago

KING'S LYNN

Don't forget the flat earth

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 3 weeks ago

Reading

A lot of bored people on a Bank Holiday weekend

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 3 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

I have stairs to run up and down.

I have a floor to do floor exercise

I have tins or huge milk cartons to do weight lifting with.

I have stretch bands but do yoga any way

I can trot around the streets.

I can do resistance against the wall or floor.

I can do Hiit in my home......

No need what so ever to go ballistic and gym out my home

Central

"We will certainly have another pandemic and the tactics used to limit its effects are less certain. It may or may not include lockdown.

A lot of exercise can be done with bodyweight and home items, instead of free weights, so I'd probably use that approach. why will be certainly have another pandemic? Pre covid, there was nothing since the Spanish flu, which was 100 years before.

It’s pretty certain the last one was man made though, so maybe you are right if the powers that be, decide they need to exert some control over us again. Mind you, I’m not sure so many people will be so keen to follow any restrictions placed "

Why will there be future pandemics?

There are many zoonotic infections that we have no immunity to, whilst humans are careless about our intrusion into nature. We don't really care about how we abuse nature.

With our global travelling now very different to the past, it provides an opportunities for infections to be shared around the world, including to the UK, which is a major traffic hub.

The infrastructure of potential infections and how they could be transmitted exists. Should mutations and the abilities to jump between species arise, then we will have potential problems.

It may be 1 year, 100 years or any other timeframe but we will get pandemics. Trust in humankind, governments etc isn't probably due, to have the well-being of the wild and the majority of world citizens at heart.

By *izandpaulCouple 3 weeks ago

merseyside

Turned part of the garage into a home gym.

Bought a treadmill, cross trainer, bench with some free weights and an old fashioned bull worker from a second hand shop, it's great, especially all those 1970 photos on the instruction sheet.

Set up some speakers for music etc.

It gets lots of use and would recommend anyone with spare space to set something up.

Everything is off ebay.

Picked up the electric treadmill for £230 almost new.

Cross trainer was £180, again hardly used, in someone's conservatory with washing hanging off it.

Still go to gym, as I like the company and also the swimming pool is there.

Best time on ebay is around February as all new year intentions have flown out the window by then.

"A lot of bored people on a Bank Holiday weekend "

Windy and rainy up here even for up here it's dismal not great for a walk never mind bbq and a lot of outside stuff is cancelled because of.

By *erlins5Man 3 weeks ago

South Fife

Who the hell would tolerate a lockdown now after all the law breakers in government last time. No one will accept it now.

By *ostindreamsMan 3 weeks ago

London

I have a bench, dumbells and a yoga mat, good enough for the workout I do. But them not for lockdown, but because the gym is far and I couldn't go out in the fucking cold

By *ox1 red leaderMan 3 weeks ago

farnham

[Removed by poster at 25/08/24 20:36:00]

By *ox1 red leaderMan 3 weeks ago

farnham

"Who the hell would tolerate a lockdown now after all the law breakers in government last time. No one will accept it now. "

I think you'd be surprised.. To many especially on here would cry out for it they love nothing more than being told what they can and can't do or when....

By *odgerMooreMan 3 weeks ago

Carlisle

I will be short of biscuits & ice cream if we’re locked down for more than 6 hours….

Central

"Who the hell would tolerate a lockdown now after all the law breakers in government last time. No one will accept it now.

I think you'd be surprised.. To many especially on here would cry out for it they love nothing more than being told what they can and can't do or when.... "

I'd be surprised, as so many saw and felt the harm that lockdowns imposed. It was so tough for people. The damage is still felt today

By *heekychick15Woman 3 weeks ago

Ingatestone

I’m 100% with you on this

While tyrants oppress I must still be their (banned word insert s here)lave,

and cruelly used, tho'well I behave:

midst swearing and toiling my days I spend,

in gladness and sorrow the days will but end.

Meh, gather the toilet paper prepare for war.....again!.

[Removed by poster at 25/08/24 23:12:21]

"I have stairs to run up and down.

I have a floor to do floor exercise

I have tins or huge milk cartons to do weight lifting with.

I have stretch bands but do yoga any way

I can trot around the streets.

I can do resistance against the wall or floor.

I can do Hiit in my home......

No need what so ever to go ballistic and gym out my home "

That is good you can do a hiit in your home too

Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU50s34k_sQ&t=2747s and from 44min he talks about it

By *arakiss12TV/TS 3 weeks ago

Bedford

Although the idea of another lock down isn't my cup of tea, the covid experience leads me to believe it could very well happen again.

A new pandemic could develope from anywhere or even purposely man made or accidental lab leak.

Biological/chemical warfare is a possibility. Best not take anything for granted.

By *.nottsbloke..Man 3 weeks ago

nottinghamshire

So your only worry about another potential pandemic is keeping yourself gym fit not the potential thousands dead?

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 3 weeks ago

chichester

It would require a viral outbreak of something far worse than Covid to cause another lockdown in the future I would imagine.

By *alandNitaCouple 3 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

It's interesting to hear the people saying "I won't accept a lockdown"... like you really have any choice. If it was to happen, then 99% of everything will be closed, yes you can go outside but you're not just carrying on like normal.

In all honesty, IF the world could have simultaneously done a PROPPER lockdown, Covid could have been completely stopped in about 4 weeks. There would have been no need for vaccines or any other measures. Ultimately, disease CAN'T spread if there's no mingling of the population.

It also seems a little bizarre that people are more concerned that other people "got away" with abusing the restrictions, rather than wanting to ensure that themselves & their families are safe.

Cal

By *rioxxxMan 3 weeks ago

edinburgh

The guy in front nailed it , the like of boris and his little in effectual co Horts showed what not to do the queen showed how to control yourselves but idiots will always disregard instructions the Philippines had a very harsh way of dealing with people breaching lock down but something should be in place , because there will be another virus and lockdown restrictions will follow so we should know the penalties prior to implementation

By *itaminMan 3 weeks ago

Felixstowe

It scares and amazes me people think "proper" lockdowns would do anything.

Locking down is what made the virus mutate faster.

Locking down won't ever work because of those that absolutely can't.

We need the opposite of locking down, which is to get on with life. Herd immunity is a thing, I know people don't like that phrase cause boris said it. But it is actually a fucking thing.

If they want me to lockdown, they'll have to lock me up. If they do that then they will have made an enemy.

By *erlins5Man 3 weeks ago

South Fife

"It's interesting to hear the people saying "I won't accept a lockdown"... like you really have any choice. If it was to happen, then 99% of everything will be closed, yes you can go outside but you're not just carrying on like normal.

In all honesty, IF the world could have simultaneously done a PROPPER lockdown, Covid could have been completely stopped in about 4 weeks. There would have been no need for vaccines or any other measures. Ultimately, disease CAN'T spread if there's no mingling of the population.

It also seems a little bizarre that people are more concerned that other people "got away" with abusing the restrictions, rather than wanting to ensure that themselves & their families are safe.

Cal"

Its not about purple getting away with it, it is more about those people habu access to all the scientific info and data that the rest of us did'nt have and still choose to do wear they did. It just makes people wonder what did they ready know that the rest of us didnt ?

By *ackformore100Man 3 weeks ago

Tin town

"It's interesting to hear the people saying "I won't accept a lockdown"... like you really have any choice. If it was to happen, then 99% of everything will be closed, yes you can go outside but you're not just carrying on like normal.

Cal"

I wonder if the enquiry will arrive at such a simple conclusion like. "fuck if we'd only locked down properly and closed out borders for a month".?

You know that thing they call common sense?

By *uckerfortitsMan 3 weeks ago

Sheffield

My god, what us up with ppl, be prepared for another lockdown, be prepared for another world war, a nuclear holocaust or even a toilet roll shortage, FFS ppl just get on with ya lives and dont worry about scaremongering and social media propaganda

Scunthorpe

Cal

I wonder if the enquiry will arrive at such a simple conclusion like. "fuck if we'd only locked down properly and closed out borders for a month".?

You know that thing they call common sense?

"

It would have taken the entire world to do it, not just us... and not just close the borders, but a full complete lockdown. The sort where the only people able to leave their houses would be wearing hazmat suits and walking/driving through disinfectant showers to keep all their protective gear safe.

The problem is, that people need food/drink and medical care, so people need to provide that service. Then that introduces childcare issues, so the pool of people going out increases & the ability to control an infection reduces.

BUT: A full global lockdown would have irradiated the disease in very little time, and closing borders (completely) would have prevent global transmission.

By *assageVirtuosoMan 3 weeks ago

SouthEast

"My god, what us up with ppl, be prepared for another lockdown, be prepared for another world war, a nuclear holocaust or even a toilet roll shortage, FFS ppl just get on with ya lives and dont worry about scaremongering and social media propaganda"

Remember the Cold War?

Constant propaganda about the ever present danger of nuclear war that will make life on earth extinct.

By *I TwoCouple 3 weeks ago

currently travelling down W France

"My god, what us up with ppl, be prepared for another lockdown, be prepared for another world war, a nuclear holocaust or even a toilet roll shortage, FFS ppl just get on with ya lives and dont worry about scaremongering and social media propaganda"

The only talk of "another lockdown" is on fab, perpetuated by people who would actually love one to be announced so they'd have something to gurn and rebel about.

By *ames_mk1000Man 3 weeks ago

Is an influencer really a credit source of information. Don’t think so

Scunthorpe

"Is an influencer really a credit source of information. Don’t think so"

He's not saying there will be a lockdown... he's saying that gym type people should buy some kit for home "just in case"

By *younaughty2Man 3 weeks ago

preston

I'm not prepared but I don't use free weights at moment so my workout is where ever I am currently using body weight movements and lots of walking in place or half burpees etc, I could do with some dumbells/kettlebells weighted vest etc but they can wait

By *naswingdressWoman 3 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"My god, what us up with ppl, be prepared for another lockdown, be prepared for another world war, a nuclear holocaust or even a toilet roll shortage, FFS ppl just get on with ya lives and dont worry about scaremongering and social media propaganda

The only talk of "another lockdown" is on fab, perpetuated by people who would actually love one to be announced so they'd have something to gurn and rebel about."

I mean, Alex Jones has been screeching about it for years. Covid - Ebola - bird flu - Mpox - 9/11 was an inside job - I was really right about Sandy Hook, rinse, repeat.

By *lym4realCouple 3 weeks ago

plymouth

Well back in the days of old having or being prepared for stuff was sort of the mindset as my parents always had some kind of store cupboard going as they lived by the motto You never know what might happenbut we now live in a 24/7 everything is right here ..right now as some group sang ?? so having a small keep fit thing isn't as weird sounding though ? and yes we have some store cupboards ! just in case ? xxx

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

You can't be locked down if you're a reclusive and anti social so and so in the first place.

By *ugby 123Couple 3 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

There are more important things I would prepare with than a set of dumbbells.

By *ad NannaWoman 3 weeks ago

East London

I'd get stuck into my garden if it happened again.

Were we allowed in our gardens?

By *ike Hunt888Man 3 weeks ago

Lancashire.

No more lockdown blocks for me .

By *tticusukMan 3 weeks ago

Formby

I wouldn’t listen to any influence who takes tren and hgh! If he doesn’t train gets fat and grows tits and that’s to much to handle when your balls have already become shrivelled raisins!

By *aimerMan 3 weeks ago

Sheffield

I think m pox will lock us down.

By *ust RachelTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Horsham

Just need a set of rollers and I am good to go, I used to do a good hour training on them when it was too cold to go out cycling.

By *orlandaMan 3 weeks ago

Norwich

Agree.

Mainstream media propaganda and fear mongering is just as bad as the utter rubbish on social media.

Good luck trying to lock me down. Ain't gonna happen at all.

Norwich

"Is an influencer really a credit source of information. Don’t think so

He's not saying there will be a lockdown... he's saying that gym type people should buy some kit for home "just in case""

I've got cupboards full of dried food for when the sun sends a massive CME our way and wipes out the grid.

Far better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

By *igNick1381Man 3 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

What is your view about it, do you also think that we will have a lockdown, do you have a home gym? I reckon we will have a lockdown around the same time. l already train at home, so I am prepared for it

I wouldn’t listen to any influence who takes tren and hgh! If he doesn’t train gets fat and grows tits and that’s to much to handle when your balls have already become shrivelled raisins!"

Ok mate

What a weird little rant

Formby

I wouldn’t listen to any influence who takes tren and hgh! If he doesn’t train gets fat and grows tits and that’s to much to handle when your balls have already become shrivelled raisins!

Ok mate

What a weird little rant "

In what way is it wired? Guys a massive juice head with literally 0 academic ability. If you wanna get on your knees for his bro science crack on.

By *ightshadesMan 3 weeks ago

Bridgewater

As a ex special forces guy I think preparations are good and the idea to do it before it happens is a good step in the right direction plus you don't want to be paying the prices for such items during lock down because it sky rockets but also keeping physically and mentally strong is key to over coming the emotional impacts of another lock down

By *orningcoffee9Man 3 weeks ago

Manchester

Do people actually still talk about lockdowns, and viruses, why? What does it do for you all I'm sorry. Covid was proof just how much people can become divided, it was a really hard time for a lot of people, and I don't think many want to be reminded of such things and would rather just get on with their lives.

By *ugby 123Couple 3 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Do people actually still talk about lockdowns, and viruses, why? What does it do for you all I'm sorry. Covid was proof just how much people can become divided, it was a really hard time for a lot of people, and I don't think many want to be reminded of such things and would rather just get on with their lives. "

I suppose people could be prepared and still get on with their lives. Think of the scouts, they have been doing it for years !! dyb dyb dyb and all that

By *melie LALWoman 3 weeks ago

Peterborough

"It scares and amazes me people think "proper" lockdowns would do anything.

Locking down is what made the virus mutate faster.

Locking down won't ever work because of those that absolutely can't.

We need the opposite of locking down, which is to get on with life. Herd immunity is a thing, I know people don't like that phrase cause boris said it. But it is actually a fucking thing.

If they want me to lockdown, they'll have to lock me up. If they do that then they will have made an enemy.

"

Explain the faster mutation.

By *onk3yb0yMan 3 weeks ago

south west

Pulls pin….

Throws “WHO pandemic treaty” grenade

Walks away whilst you can all argue that one 😉

By *hesubtlegentMan 3 weeks ago

surrey

After the shambles of the previous lockdowns and those in charge that wasted billions of money on inadequate ppe, I will not be listening to any ‘advice’ regarding lockdowns. I won’t be made to do it. People have wised up to this and I’m pretty sure most will not be staying in either.

"Do people actually still talk about lockdowns, and viruses, why? What does it do for you all I'm sorry. Covid was proof just how much people can become divided, it was a really hard time for a lot of people, and I don't think many want to be reminded of such things and would rather just get on with their lives.

I suppose people could be prepared and still get on with their lives. Think of the scouts, they have been doing it for years !! dyb dyb dyb and all that "

It seems some people can't move on, they need to keep resurrecting the past to keep their conspiracy theories alive

"After the shambles of the previous lockdowns and those in charge that wasted billions of money on inadequate ppe, I will not be listening to any ‘advice’ regarding lockdowns. I won’t be made to do it. People have wised up to this and I’m pretty sure most will not be staying in either. "

Cause the UK was the only country affected......

Shit happened, get over it.

By *ackformore100Man 3 weeks ago

Tin town

"After the shambles of the previous lockdowns and those in charge that wasted billions of money on inadequate ppe, I will not be listening to any ‘advice’ regarding lockdowns. I won’t be made to do it. People have wised up to this and I’m pretty sure most will not be staying in either. "

I'm not sure "people" have wished up to very much at all. Have you seen the standard of personal hygiene and behaviour?

By *ee And MikeCouple 3 weeks ago

Cannock

I always maintain that if Covid-19 was the virulent killer than was promoted on our tv screens every night how did Boris allow parties in the garden of No.10 when his wife was heavily pregnant and Starmer was able to hold curry nights !

By *icolerobbieCouple 3 weeks ago

walsall

"I always maintain that if Covid-19 was the virulent killer than was promoted on our tv screens every night how did Boris allow parties in the garden of No.10 when his wife was heavily pregnant and Starmer was able to hold curry nights !

"

If we all have a curry themed bbq in the garden we can rick all the boxes. That’s my kind of lockdown!

Formby

"I always maintain that if Covid-19 was the virulent killer than was promoted on our tv screens every night how did Boris allow parties in the garden of No.10 when his wife was heavily pregnant and Starmer was able to hold curry nights !

"

Tell me you’re a reform voter without telling me you’re a reform voter!

merseyside

For Christ sakes.

The OP only asked if it maybe a good idea to get some gym kit in your home should another lockdown ever occur.

Didn't see him ask for information regarding virus mutation.

To be fair, this is what I love about the forums.

I have a glance at them before work, go to work and come home to see how the original post has mutated into a pissing contest.

Brilliant.

Central

"

There are no secrets, the infectiousness and lethality etc, are wide open knowledge.

Probably similar to the level of callous selfishness of Boris Johnson.

But we digress. It's a post about home exercise. I'm guessing that many would prepare for home workouts, should a terrible pandemic be on the horizon

Peterborough

"For Christ sakes.

The OP only asked if it maybe a good idea to get some gym kit in your home should another lockdown ever occur.

I have a glance at them before work, go to work and come home to see how the original post has mutated into a pissing contest.

Brilliant. "

When people post shit I love to read their rationale. Now I'd like your rationale as to why that question irked you

merseyside

"For Christ sakes.

Brilliant.

When people post shit I love to read their rationale. Now I'd like your rationale as to why that question irked you "

As you can see from my posts the original question didn't irk me, I responded how I had put some gym kit in the garage.

It's posts decending into a pissing contest that I find really funny.

A glance in the morning at a reasonable post, home from work it's been mauled to death.

Peterborough

"For Christ sakes.

Brilliant.

When people post shit I love to read their rationale. Now I'd like your rationale as to why that question irked you

As you can see from my posts the original question didn't irk me, I responded how I had put some gym kit in the garage.

A glance in the morning at a reasonable post, home from work it's been mauled to death.

"

No, why did my question irk you?

By *orny PTMan 3 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Would you have enough space for all the gym equipment you would need to maintain your current body shape?

Even a small multi gym takes up space.

We had a gym room for years my son soon got bored with.

We won't have another lockdown. We can't afford one. "

Too many flats don't even have room to dry the washing indoors, let alone have a treadmill/exercise machines/weights or even an ordinary bike and turbo trainer tucked away somewhere.

Added to the fact that this can be very noisy for those living below them, as there is a lot or poor sound proofing. Home gyms are a luxury based on space and money.

merseyside

"For Christ sakes.

Brilliant.

No, why did my question irk you?"

No idea, what was your question again and did you ask it of me personally or everyone?

These threads get so long, a glance in the morning before work and it's easy to loose the thread by evening.

I'll try to respond as honestly as I can.

Liz. X

Peterborough

"For Christ sakes.

Brilliant.

No idea, what was your question again and did you ask it of me personally or everyone?

These threads get so long, a glance in the morning before work and it's easy to loose the thread by evening.

Liz. X "

I may have jumped the gun. Your sarcasm may have been aimed at the poster to whom I asked to explain about the virus mutation. I thought it was aimed at me asking for an explanation 🤔

merseyside

"For Christ sakes.

Brilliant.

Liz. X

I may have jumped the gun. Your sarcasm may have been aimed at the poster to whom I asked to explain about the virus mutation. I thought it was aimed at me asking for an explanation 🤔 "

Sarcasm, where's the sarcasm.

Thought my post was quite balanced and fair regarding original questions and subsequent quagmire.

But thanks for saying you jumped the gun, it's very easy to loose track of the thread and that was probably my point

Liz. Xx

Peterborough

"For Christ sakes.

Brilliant.

Liz. X

I may have jumped the gun. Your sarcasm may have been aimed at the poster to whom I asked to explain about the virus mutation. I thought it was aimed at me asking for an explanation 🤔

Thought my post was quite balanced and fair regarding original questions and subsequent quagmire.

But thanks for saying you jumped the gun, it's very easy to loose track of the thread and that was probably my point

Liz. Xx "

I don't see sarcasm as a bad thing.

As for jumping the gun, I blame my wobbly brain

By *aramel.desiresMan 3 weeks ago

Walton.

I use the gym and also have a home gym. All equipment purchased from FB market place. Including treadmill, folding bike, weights, bands and TV. But I am lucky enough to have enough space in a small summer house.

Highly recommend.

Norwich

I do a lot of walking and hiking. Climbed Ben Nevis once and Snowdon twice this year. Plus I have a physically intensive job...if I don't do 30,000 plus steps at work it's been a slow day. Bodyweight exercises are something I also do everyday.

No need for a home gym!

By *usty KnightMan 3 weeks ago

Istanbul

Not one to bury my head (unless it's between some hot thighs), I'd say Life is too short... and to sum it up (as this site sets out to do) we'd all be fucked anyway!

By *amoanMan 3 weeks ago

st peter port

Fuck that! I’ve got a job getting out of bed when the alarm goes off at 6, let alone farting about with home gyms

By *verageman81Man 3 weeks ago

lerwick

There will never be a lock down. The whole government had the country shitting themselves and it was for a flu basically. Now if you have covid you just get told to get on with it

By *oandstephCouple 3 weeks ago

Bradford

Give me 80% wage and ill happily stay at home again to protect granny

By *astings hot girlWoman 3 weeks ago

Hastings

Same here. I didn’t conform during the last lockdown and certainly won’t again but I have to it was great driving as there was no traffic! Why is there a need for another lockdown anyway? It’s all about fear and control. I refuse to take part in that. And don’t get me started on the media bringing out Captain Tom to cheer us up whilst everyone was locked indoors. Clap the nhs and not pay them properly. I could go on but I’d prefer to play haha

"Same here. I didn’t conform during the last lockdown and certainly won’t again but I have to it was great driving as there was no traffic! Why is there a need for another lockdown anyway? It’s all about fear and control. I refuse to take part in that. And don’t get me started on the media bringing out Captain Tom to cheer us up whilst everyone was locked indoors. Clap the nhs and not pay them properly. I could go on but I’d prefer to play haha"

The current fear and control is not from the establishment, it's from the individuals that like to rebel against the establishment. I think they'd love another lockdown so they can get on their high horses and spread their bullshit conspiracy theories.

Bradford

"Same here. I didn’t conform during the last lockdown and certainly won’t again but I have to it was great driving as there was no traffic! Why is there a need for another lockdown anyway? It’s all about fear and control. I refuse to take part in that. And don’t get me started on the media bringing out Captain Tom to cheer us up whilst everyone was locked indoors. Clap the nhs and not pay them properly. I could go on but I’d prefer to play haha

The current fear and control is not from the establishment, it's from the individuals that like to rebel against the establishment. I think they'd love another lockdown so they can get on their high horses and spread their bullshit conspiracy theories.

"

so whos spreading the latest mpox fear???

merseyside

"For Christ sakes.

Brilliant.

Liz. X

Liz. Xx

As for jumping the gun, I blame my wobbly brain "

I find it hard to keep track of the forum posts, especially when you have a few days away.

They start as one thing and end up on a totally different track.

Don't blame your wobbly brain, blame wobbly threads.

All good fun though.

Liz. X

By *loomsburyMan 3 weeks ago

central london

What is your view about it, do you also think that we will have a lockdown, do you have a home gym? I reckon we will have a lockdown around the same time. l already train at home, so I am prepared for it why do we need a lockdown? There is zero need for one!"

Let’s be honest, this forum is just about the only place left where people are still banging on about it.

I think loads on here actually loved it.

Peterborough

"Same here. I didn’t conform during the last lockdown and certainly won’t again but I have to it was great driving as there was no traffic! Why is there a need for another lockdown anyway? It’s all about fear and control. I refuse to take part in that. And don’t get me started on the media bringing out Captain Tom to cheer us up whilst everyone was locked indoors. Clap the nhs and not pay them properly. I could go on but I’d prefer to play haha

"

Certainly plenty of idiots. You saw that to the extreme with the racist riots.

Peterborough

"For Christ sakes.

Brilliant.

Liz. X

Liz. Xx

As for jumping the gun, I blame my wobbly brain

I find it hard to keep track of the forum posts, especially when you have a few days away.

They start as one thing and end up on a totally different track.

Don't blame your wobbly brain, blame wobbly threads.

All good fun though.

Liz. X "

You're sweet

Before my brain injury I could see multiple contexts in the written word, now only one at a time 😭. I suppose that makes me normal now, fuuuuck

By *KissSoundsNiceMan 3 weeks ago

St Albans

[Removed by poster at 31/08/24 10:19:26]

By *ornyshauny100Man 3 weeks ago

Craven Arms

I won't be locked down ever again ,, sham sham sham

so whos spreading the latest mpox fear??? "

Mostly anti vaxxers and anti lockdowners actually.

The news reports it for what it actually is but some people can't help exaggerating it all lol

" I won't be locked down ever again ,, sham sham sham "

Who's even suggesting you would be locked down

Manchester (she/her)

The news reports it for what it actually is but some people can't help exaggerating it all lol"

The kind of media that suggests lockdowns are coming, does so because its audience on some level enjoys this kind of fear porn.

By *igNick1381Man 3 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

The news reports it for what it actually is but some people can't help exaggerating it all lol

The kind of media that suggests lockdowns are coming, does so because its audience on some level enjoys this kind of fear porn. "

All media peddles fear porn

Remember the rolling ticker tape of death's

You all ate it up, used it as an excuse to promote tougher lockdown measures

Manchester (she/her)

The kind of media that suggests lockdowns are coming, does so because its audience on some level enjoys this kind of fear porn.

You all ate it up, used it as an excuse to promote tougher lockdown measures "

Those people were actually dying, and it was a way to measure risk/harm. This narrative talks about numbers of dead people that have somehow never been counted and never been missed.

The "what if there are more lockdowns and millions have secretly died" is a wank fest over perceived superiority and knowing secrets" is classic conspiracism. "Look at me I'm a special snowflake who is all knowing and is persecuted like no other".

I just wish people would stick to Bigfoot and leave public health alone. Although the repetition of the same talking points for four years, just swapping out diseases and politicians - making excuses as to why all the failed prophecies so far are secretly true - is a bit fucking sad.

For what it's worth, it's mostly the Big Stwong defenders of liberty who wet themselves when they see my respirator. The only people powerful enough to defend democracy itself cower and shriek when they see people making different choices to them. Almost as if they mean something more like "throw a tantrum" when they say "defend democracy".

Central

" I won't be locked down ever again ,, sham sham sham

Who's even suggesting you would be locked down "

It's been in newsletters and facebook groups of the conspiracy whackjobs, who live for their protest-frenzied clamouring .

Reading

You all ate it up, used it as an excuse to promote tougher lockdown measures "

“You all ate it up” so you were by yourself were you?

Peterborough

You all ate it up, used it as an excuse to promote tougher lockdown measures

“You all ate it up” so you were by yourself were you? "

Isolationism work too

By *reamytitwankCouple 3 weeks ago

Cardiff

Some of us had to work!

Manchester (she/her)

"Some of us had to work!"

Most of us were working 🤷‍♀️

Reading

"Some of us had to work!"

Indeed, I’m a Respiratory Nurse, so the COVID deniers can swivel, saw too many due / suffer.

Bradford

"Some of us had to work!

Indeed, I’m a Respiratory Nurse, so the COVID deniers can swivel, saw too many due / suffer. "

likewise for me too but not at the alarming levels made out to be,but suppose different trusts and areas will vary

By (user no longer on site) 2 weeks ago

Yes, I’m sure your wards were full the brink just like the media was showing us *sarcasm*

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 2 weeks ago

Reading

"Yes, I’m sure your wards were full the brink just like the media was showing us *sarcasm*"

You’re implying I’m lying are you?

By *egoMan 2 weeks ago

Preston

I’ve a gym at home anyway for strongman.

But all you need is a bit space you can lie on. Then a callisthenics work out does it all.

Press ups, squats, abs throw a few bands in, you can do everything your body needs.

12 mins is all you need!

By *he 1 2 watchWoman 1 week ago

Birmingham

"There is less need for a lock down now than last time and last time there was 0% need "

I agree the last so called pandemic was fake. Lock down was never necessary same with vaccines. I was never vaccinated nor would I want to be. As for a lockdown I wouldn’t abide by those rules either

By *ackformore100Man 1 week ago

Tin town

There are some very naughty boys and girls on here

By *I TwoCouple 1 week ago

The block buttons red hot lol

By *nsatiable surreyCouple 1 week ago

Weybridge

I'm fortunate. I sat around in my pants, eating snacks and gaming through much of the lock down. So I'm very well prepared.

By *ugby 123Couple 1 week ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"There is less need for a lock down now than last time and last time there was 0% need

I agree the last so called pandemic was fake."

What made it fake? Was every country in on the fake? Is there a reason why they did this?

By *iss_Juicy79Woman 1 week ago

Edinburgh

Got a job in care half way through lockdown was very lucky only to catch it once and didn't suffer too badly thanks to the vaccine

Our company lost a lot of people it was community care so most of the folks stayed at home probably why our losses weren't that high in comparison to a care home

By *L_NativeMan 1 week ago

Davenport

The lock downs and the jab were a complete joke. It destroyed economies and family's. Everyone who perpetuated that farce should be put in jail and or executed for crimes against humanity.

Davenport

"There is less need for a lock down now than last time and last time there was 0% need

I agree the last so called pandemic was fake.

What made it fake? Was every country in on the fake? Is there a reason why they did this?"

Yes, this was a sly excuse by the government's to see just how much control over the population as could be done. Covid was supposed to be a pandemic, but the Chinese F'd it up to quickly. Then the other players (namely the W.H.O, and our very own Dr.Fauchy) pressed this as a global population ender. Which now we know it was no worse than the common cold/flu. There is NO vaccine for a virus. There never has been. (We would have cured HIV already if there was) I don't believe all this conspiracy crap about the jab being a tracking device or anything. But it us proven that it didn't do anything for you and probably did harm you.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

"The lock downs and the jab were a complete joke. It destroyed economies and family's. Everyone who perpetuated that farce should be put in jail and or executed for crimes against humanity. "

A bit of a broad attack. You, in Florida, have Trump, so you could push that for him

The vaccines helped to save tens thousands of lives, so I'd not want to be the person who would pick those who are alive and tell them that they should give up their lives. Mass genocide isn't a positive trend.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

What made it fake? Was every country in on the fake? Is there a reason why they did this?

Yes, this was a sly excuse by the government's to see just how much control over the population as could be done. Covid was supposed to be a pandemic, but the Chinese F'd it up to quickly. Then the other players (namely the W.H.O, and our very own Dr.Fauchy) pressed this as a global population ender. Which now we know it was no worse than the common cold/flu. There is NO vaccine for a virus. There never has been. (We would have cured HIV already if there was) I don't believe all this conspiracy crap about the jab being a tracking device or anything. But it us proven that it didn't do anything for you and probably did harm you. "

Of course there are vaccines for viruses . Viruses are very diverse, Coronaviruses are very different to HIV, which are very different to Smallpox, which was eradicated globally. Did you have the Smallpox vaccine? That vaccine was responsible for it to have been eradicated from the face of the world . There was a lot of misinformation put out en masse during the pandemic and it's sad that some is still persistent

Davenport

Yes, this was a sly excuse by the government's to see just how much control over the population as could be done. Covid was supposed to be a pandemic, but the Chinese F'd it up to quickly. Then the other players (namely the W.H.O, and our very own Dr.Fauchy) pressed this as a global population ender. Which now we know it was no worse than the common cold/flu. There is NO vaccine for a virus. There never has been. (We would have cured HIV already if there was) I don't believe all this conspiracy crap about the jab being a tracking device or anything. But it us proven that it didn't do anything for you and probably did harm you.

Of course there are vaccines for viruses . Viruses are very diverse, Coronaviruses are very different to HIV, which are very different to Smallpox, which was eradicated globally. Did you have the Smallpox vaccine? That vaccine was responsible for it to have been eradicated from the face of the world . There was a lot of misinformation put out en masse during the pandemic and it's sad that some is still persistent "

The vaccine for small pox was and is only about 80% effective. It still pops up everyone and a while in the general public. As for others (the bubonic plege) it appears everywhere in the world still to a very small extent. Viruses are naturally occurring and dynamic they change quickly. That's why no cure as of yet.

Davenport

"The lock downs and the jab were a complete joke. It destroyed economies and family's. Everyone who perpetuated that farce should be put in jail and or executed for crimes against humanity.

A bit of a broad attack. You, in Florida, have Trump, so you could push that for him

The vaccines helped to save tens thousands of lives, so I'd not want to be the person who would pick those who are alive and tell them that they should give up their lives. Mass genocide isn't a positive trend."

Not broad at all. It has nothing to do with Trump. This thing was pushed by a select group to attempt world control somehow. Just because my country won't put up with that $h!t from anyone has nothing to do with it. And the Chinese were the ones who created it angling for mass casualties, what better way to wage war then kill every living thing but keep the infrastructure completely intact.

By *ornucopiaMan 1 week ago

Bexley

" ... And the Chinese were the ones who created it angling for mass casualties, what better way to wage war then kill every living thing but keep the infrastructure completely intact. "

AI and robots being the only future inhabitants after 'every living thing' has been killed?

.. I feel a novel and a film script in the offing.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 1 week ago

Durham

Of course there are vaccines for viruses . Viruses are very diverse, Coronaviruses are very different to HIV, which are very different to Smallpox, which was eradicated globally. Did you have the Smallpox vaccine? That vaccine was responsible for it to have been eradicated from the face of the world . There was a lot of misinformation put out en masse during the pandemic and it's sad that some is still persistent

The vaccine for small pox was and is only about 80% effective. It still pops up everyone and a while in the general public. As for others (the bubonic plege) it appears everywhere in the world still to a very small extent. Viruses are naturally occurring and dynamic they change quickly. That's why no cure as of yet. "

There have been no small pox infections since 1978, which was via a lab leak. The last natural infection was 1977. Bubonic plague is a bacterial infection not a virus.

By *he 1 2 watchWoman 1 week ago

Birmingham

"The lock downs and the jab were a complete joke. It destroyed economies and family's. Everyone who perpetuated that farce should be put in jail and or executed for crimes against humanity. "

Agree

By *oandstephCouple 1 week ago

Bradford

The vaccine for small pox was and is only about 80% effective. It still pops up everyone and a while in the general public. As for others (the bubonic plege) it appears everywhere in the world still to a very small extent. Viruses are naturally occurring and dynamic they change quickly. That's why no cure as of yet.

There have been no small pox infections since 1978, which was via a lab leak. The last natural infection was 1977. Bubonic plague is a bacterial infection not a virus."

😂😂lab leak ffs common occurrence these bloody lab leaks

Bradford

Can anyone prove to me yet whether it were the jabs or naturual immunity that deduced deaths yet as far as u know there is no way to prove either

Tin town

Ah the old firing squad virus. Quite a high mortality rate.

Davenport

"The lock downs and the jab were a complete joke. It destroyed economies and family's. Everyone who perpetuated that farce should be put in jail and or executed for crimes against humanity.

Ah the old firing squad virus. Quite a high mortality rate. "

How many people actually died from Covid? For a long long time people dieing from anything was called covid. The FLU kills on average a couple of million people back year. But during Covid, nobody died from the flu. Yea right.

By *igNick1381Man 1 week ago

BRIDGEND

How many people actually died from Covid? For a long long time people dieing from anything was called covid. The FLU kills on average a couple of million people back year. But during Covid, nobody died from the flu. Yea right. "

Just a little bit over 7 million

On a planet of 8 billion

Bradford

How many people actually died from Covid? For a long long time people dieing from anything was called covid. The FLU kills on average a couple of million people back year. But during Covid, nobody died from the flu. Yea right.

Just a little bit over 7 million

On a planet of 8 billion

"

from or with?

Tin town

How many people actually died from Covid? For a long long time people dieing from anything was called covid. The FLU kills on average a couple of million people back year. But during Covid, nobody died from the flu. Yea right. "

Well as you mentioned. Covid killed my mum. A very slow. Tortured death. Even now it still upsets to think not that she died. But the way that she died. So yeah covid killed people. Flu kills people. Empathy doesn't.

By *wistntwirlCouple 1 week ago

Middle Land

Can't see there being another lockdown during my lifetime. Even if it were necessary people are unlikely to comply given all that we've learned about the last one.

That said I exercised pretty much as normal during the lockdowns. I mostly do calisthenics workouts. Some resistance bands, gym rings, parallettes and a pull up bar or strong tree branch are all that I need.

By *ylonSlutTV/TS 1 week ago

Durham

The best estimate for worldwide flu per year is nowhere near a couple of million. The best estimate I could find was around 350 thousand. Estimated covid deaths in 2 years (2020 to 2021) is between 13 and 16 and half million, and that is with world pretty shut down. With those figures you can see why the world treated covid much more seriously than normal flu.

Bradford

7 million worldwide covid deaths

700, 000 avg seasonel worldwide flu deaths

So 3.5 million flu deaths since 2019 so as a very very very rough guide covid on paper killed twice as many people as flu in the 5 year period

By *I TwoCouple 1 week ago

Apparently stupidity is now contagious, caused by ingesting crap from social media

By *onguiliciousMan 1 week ago

Northallerton

Sorry but this is a ridiculous thread. Might as well discuss a Russian invasion!!

By *ornucopiaMan 1 week ago

Bexley

"Sorry but this is a ridiculous thread. Might as well discuss a Russian invasion!!"

Don't start. They'll all be getting gym equipment in preparation for that now.

Bradford

"7 million worldwide covid deaths

700, 000 avg seasonel worldwide flu deaths

So 3.5 million flu deaths since 2019 so as a very very very rough guide covid on paper killed twice as many people as flu in the 5 year period "

and theyre from whatever the top search was that came up on trusty old google so could vary as + - 99.99%

By *iddle ManMan 1 week ago

Walsall

Things would have to get very bad for people to follow another lockdown. Looking back now it was ludicrous what we were all forced to do.

Gym equipment was one of the things that seen huge inflated prices. I don't think people will be prepared any more so than last time. Maybe a little wiser and try to avoid panic buying.

Bradford

I think the only way the vastajority wouod stay at hone again anvoid family and friends were if it finacially benifited them and we all know the pot is empty

By *melie LALWoman 1 week ago

Peterborough

"I think the only way the vastajority wouod stay at hone again anvoid family and friends were if it finacially benifited them and we all know the pot is empty "

Fat fingers syndrome? I relate

Bradford

"I think the only way the vastajority wouod stay at hone again anvoid family and friends were if it finacially benifited them and we all know the pot is empty

Fat fingers syndrome? I relate "

😂😂bloody hell thats horrendous

By *agneto.Man 1 week ago

Bham

"I think the only way the vastajority wouod stay at hone again anvoid family and friends were if it finacially benifited them and we all know the pot is empty "

I think if the next pandemic affects a greater % of all people and not just elderly and those with pre-existing conditions we'd see a lot change their tune.

By *akequeen90Couple 7 days ago

Sydney

All in the pipeline! Carry on sheep

By *ackformore100Man 7 days ago

Tin town

"All in the pipeline! Carry on sheep"

Sid James finest

By *ustoassingMan 7 days ago

Blyth

Did he also provide advice on how to keep a stash of T and other PEDs in a DIY pharmacy so you can carry on looking like him?

By *r John WickMan 7 days ago

The Continental

"All in the pipeline! Carry on sheep"

You do realise that by continually spouting “carry on sheep” and the like…….you have indeed become a sheep yourself? Just spouting the same guff that all the other sheep that shout “carry on sheep” type stuff.

By *oandstephCouple 7 days ago

Bradford

"All in the pipeline! Carry on sheep

You do realise that by continually spouting “carry on sheep” and the like…….you have indeed become a sheep yourself? Just spouting the same guff that all the other sheep that shout “carry on sheep” type stuff.

"

some people are just baaaaaahrmy

By *trueceltMan 7 days ago

Carms

Not preparing for lockdown because my other preparations feed into. I store a selection of tinned goods and flour as a matter of course but I'm actively preparing myself for an Internet blackout and ever since the Ukraine war started, I've kept fully charged leisure batteries and other things around my flat in case of an electric cut or energy rationing. you might think this is sensible. should probably add that I am down to my very last marble

By *ugby 123Couple 7 days ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I think the only way the vastajority wouod stay at hone again anvoid family and friends were if it finacially benifited them and we all know the pot is empty

I think if the next pandemic affects a greater % of all people and not just elderly and those with pre-existing conditions we'd see a lot change their tune. "

There has been lots of people who died that didn't fit either of those criterias and people take no notice of that or explain it away or say Covid is a scam so I doubt if they would change their tune

By *ugby 123Couple 7 days ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yes, this was a sly excuse by the government's to see just how much control over the population as could be done. Covid was supposed to be a pandemic, but the Chinese F'd it up to quickly. Then the other players (namely the W.H.O, and our very own Dr.Fauchy) pressed this as a global population ender. Which now we know it was no worse than the common cold/flu. There is NO vaccine for a virus. There never has been. (We would have cured HIV already if there was) I don't believe all this conspiracy crap about the jab being a tracking device or anything. But it us proven that it didn't do anything for you and probably did harm you. "

I really don't know what to say to this

By *adyLover1Man 7 days ago

Hertford

"Did he suggest buying home gym equipment from his own website ?"

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 days ago

Central

Of course, we don't know what the next pandemic will be. If it was extremely virulent and much more infectious, as well as deadly or severely disabling, it would be highly intelligent to adopt measures that would potentially give you some greater hope and chances. Lockdown was horrific and goodness knows what measures may be imposed. Without knowing what the infection will be and its characteristics, we're just in the unknown, ignorant space. I think flu is a likely candidate but Covid showed us as unknown infections can be unprepared for.

I'm not sure that mass law breaking would occur

By *issy_named_cTV/TS 7 days ago

Edinburgh

Would rather be prepared for a lock up.

By *essie1966Man 2 days ago

woodmansay

Monkey pox is just a cover up for shingles.

The WHO are itching to launch another fake pandemic.

By *ackformore100Man 2 days ago

Tin town

"Monkey pox is just a cover up for shingles.

The WHO are itching to launch another fake pandemic."

Do you know the pianos on my foot?

You hum it son. I'll play it.

By *izandpaulCouple 2 days ago

merseyside

Bit confused.

Are the WHO itching because they have succumbed to shingles.

Or are they in the process of launching an itching pandemic.

If you have ever worked or visited some of the African countries where pox, in its many flavours, is rife you will know that should it visit our shores in any significant numbers you won't need a lockdown, you'll barricade yourself behind your own door in fear of ending up looking and feeling like the poor soul who you have just encountered.

By *izandpaulCouple 2 days ago

merseyside

Bit confused.

Are the WHO itching because they have succumbed to shingles.

Or are they in the process of launching an itching pandemic.

If you have ever worked or visited some of the African countries where pox, in its many flavours, is rife you will know that should it visit our shores in any significant numbers you won't need a lockdown, you'll barricade yourself behind your own door in fear of ending up looking and feeling like the poor soul who you have just encountered.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 2 days ago

Reading

Ah bless

» Add a new message to this topic