FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Shibari / Kinbaku

Shibari / Kinbaku

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aganPriest OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm urgently seeking sexually submissive women to practice this beautiful art with. I will participate with all shapes and sizes, trust me I have enough rope Please respond if you have an interest.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *imits2pushMan  over a year ago

lichfield

"I'm urgently seeking sexually submissive women to practice this beautiful art with. I will participate with all shapes and sizes, trust me I have enough rope Please respond if you have an interest."

Can I ask where you’re learning from?

Shibari can be very dangerous if not done correctly, I’d strongly recommend going along to classes and learning from experts, which will then lead too you finding a rope bunny,

Sorry if this is what your already doing, but as it’s a safety issue it’s worth mentioning.

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

"I'm urgently seeking sexually submissive women to practice this beautiful art with. I will participate with all shapes and sizes, trust me I have enough rope Please respond if you have an interest.

Shibari can be very dangerous if not done correctly, I’d strongly recommend going along to classes and learning from experts, which will then lead too you finding a rope bunny,

Sorry if this is what your already doing, but as it’s a safety issue it’s worth mentioning."

Just for interest, who taught the experts?

Pressure points and blood valves are not hard to research.

Glasgow

Yes I'm very aware of the dangers and have been taught well and studied/practiced for many years but thanks for the concern

lichfield

"I'm urgently seeking sexually submissive women to practice this beautiful art with. I will participate with all shapes and sizes, trust me I have enough rope Please respond if you have an interest.

Sorry if this is what your already doing, but as it’s a safety issue it’s worth mentioning.

Pressure points and blood valves are not hard to research."

So there’s two reall lines that’s gone down,

The traditional Japanese route, many hundreds of years of fucking people up, learning from the mistakes and now having a good grasp of what not to do.

But in modern day western approach, there’s the involvement of a lot of medical professionals teach from the point of view is nerve placement etc etc

Rope is always going to be risky, upon being tied you have to understand and accept that risk, but the rigger has the expectation on them to minimise that risk so that it’s not a danger,

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sadly you're too far away and outside of my preferences, but I need to find someone for rope fun too!

lichfield

"Sadly you're too far away and outside of my preferences, but I need to find someone for rope fun too!"

There will be role classes and workshops around Liverpool you’ll be able to attend.

Fav isn’t the place to find rope though, if you want bondage you need the very well know bdsm website, that google will help you find, it begins with F.

On there you’ll find all the local rope events and those experienced in tying.

By *inranWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Sadly you're too far away and outside of my preferences, but I need to find someone for rope fun too!

There will be role classes and workshops around Liverpool you’ll be able to attend.

Fav isn’t the place to find rope though, if you want bondage you need the very well know bdsm website, that google will help you find, it begins with F.

On there you’ll find all the local rope events and those experienced in tying. "

I'd like to disagree I've found some lovely rope lovers on fab. And enthusiasts I can talk to.

There are lots of safety concerns off course but you should research enough to be able to access someone's capability before you embark.

I actually was someone who taught Chris Red at one point and I've demoed at the bbb and my hubs has taught in the UK and states as well as having suspended Kate moss and Sam Taylor Wood.

Different peoples needs are all different and the rope event and munches path is not right for everyone.

It used to be the only way I'd do it but I'm happier here.

Glasgow

Thanks... well said I for one have no interest in fetish/bdsm outside of what I do and certainly have no desire to be involved in the FetLife website!

Seems some people just want to hijack every post for their own ego

I was looking for a discussion with women open to exploring Shibari not a lecture on safety and where to go / what to do!

Ah well ...

By *asterRopeKnotMan  over a year ago

West Midlands

"Thanks... well said I for one have no interest in fetish/bdsm outside of what I do and certainly have no desire to be involved in the FetLife website!

I was looking for a discussion with women open to exploring Shibari not a lecture on safety and where to go / what to do!

Ah well ... "

Chin up chap

There are lots of wonderful people on here with a love of rope

I've been lucky to meet some lovely folk and I am sure you will

Keep slinging the string

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

Confused as to why, if you have no interest whatsoever in bdsm, you are specifically seeking a sexually submissive female for this?

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

The traditional Japanese route, many hundreds of years of fucking people up, learning from the mistakes and now having a good grasp of what not to do.

But in modern day western approach, there’s the involvement of a lot of medical professionals teach from the point of view is nerve placement etc etc

Rope is always going to be risky, upon being tied you have to understand and accept that risk, but the rigger has the expectation on them to minimise that risk so that it’s not a danger, "

Sorry but I have to disagree with you in regard to Japanese rope. Shibari/kinbaku as we know it is a fairly recent practice. Possibly turn of the 20th century most likely around the 1930s to 1940s. Japanese rope bondage as we know it is related to but not the same as Hojojutsu which is a martial art and intended to fuck people up. Japanese rope bondage is also related to Japanese rope torture, where we get the suspensions and shrimp position which originally were official sanctioned tortures and designed to fuck you up.

Thirdly there were the official restraints for people that were arrested. Rope was used to prevent humiliation and revenge if someone important was arrested and then had to be released. It could be argued they had not been shackled and therefore not humiliated. For the same reason those ties were restraining but not painful.

In terms of western bondage you are only looking at modern western bondage. If you look at modern Japanese rope bondage responsible practitioners look the safest way to perform it. Hence people going on at OP about safety.

The big change in both western and Japanes bondage is that submissives (predominantly women) have a voice and are seen as precious by responsible practitioners.

Dudley

Someone's read Master K absolutely agree with this. An American rigger friend who moved to Japan has definitely discussed the disposable nature of the way the bunnies are used still but less so than it used to be. I think that has a lot to do with the position of women in society generally and not just cultural difficulties.

I have seen plenty of awful practice at events by respected ropey people. It can be an old boys club that can be protective of its dickheads. Read, talk, develop trust, if you are unsure of something ask someone you do trust.

Glasgow

Because it helps... women who were not that I have tied don't seem to get as much pleasure.

By *ent_couple2019Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

"I'm urgently seeking sexually submissive women to practice this beautiful art with. I will participate with all shapes and sizes, trust me I have enough rope Please respond if you have an interest."

I love rope work. However you're miles away

Dudley

"Thanks... well said I for one have no interest in fetish/bdsm outside of what I do and certainly have no desire to be involved in the FetLife website!

Ah well ... "

Sorry I've hijacked that a little it just annoyed me

Glasgow

No problem... sounds like you at least know what your talking about Valid input and constructive conversation always welcome here... would love to talk further with you on this and I fully appreciate your a domme lol...

Glasgow

Lol... always the way but I do travel

By *am4CamWoman  over a year ago

Fairy Land

Is that so that you don’t have to fill your photo collection with pictures downloaded from the internet?

Glasgow

Probably yes... the pictures I take with permission are for my own personal use. But gold star for you for spotting the obvious! Your the clever girl

By *isaAndNicoleTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Southport / Ellesmere Port

Is that so that you don’t have to fill your photo collection with pictures downloaded from the internet? "

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

"

Someone's read Master K absolutely agree with this. An American rigger friend who moved to Japan has definitely discussed the disposable nature of the way the bunnies are used still but less so than it used to be. I think that has a lot to do with the position of women in society generally and not just cultural difficulties.

I have seen plenty of awful practice at events by respected ropey people. It can be an old boys club that can be protective of its dickheads. Read, talk, develop trust, if you are unsure of something ask someone you do trust.

"

I am a bit of a rope geek, so yes I have and have read Master K's The Beauty of Kinbaku.

I also listened to Faviola's take on the history of Kinbaku in her podcast Kinbakunomicon. I am currently reading Davide La Greca's Bondage but basically I read a anything on rope Japanese and Western excluding the Knotty Boys.

I have had a 1 to 1 with Christian Red and a few years ago went to a number of workshops in Nottingham.

My understanding is (but happy to defer) that the UK scene even in the space of 5 years since the release of the film The Pleasure of Kinbaku has changed out of recognition. There are more women leading as well as attending peer ropes.

Dudley

"

I am a bit of a rope geek, so yes I have and have read Master K's The Beauty of Kinbaku.

I also listened to Faviola's take on the history of Kinbaku in her podcast Kinbakunomicon. I am currently reading Davide La Greca's Bondage but basically I read a anything on rope Japanese and Western excluding the Knotty Boys.

I have had a 1 to 1 with Christian Red and a few years ago went to a number of workshops in Nottingham.

My understanding is (but happy to defer) that the UK scene even in the space of 5 years since the release of the film The Pleasure of Kinbaku has changed out of recognition. There are more women leading as well as attending peer ropes.

"

There is. There is also a heap of people trying to try and fit their ego's into peer ropes and to be critical of other people's approaches and lifestyles (like swing) I feel so that's why I prefer it here. That may well be different if I had more time to devote. But right now kink in the swing scene I'd what suits me

lichfield

"Sadly you're too far away and outside of my preferences, but I need to find someone for rope fun too!

On there you’ll find all the local rope events and those experienced in tying.

I'd like to disagree I've found some lovely rope lovers on fab. And enthusiasts I can talk to.

There are lots of safety concerns off course but you should research enough to be able to access someone's capability before you embark.

I actually was someone who taught Chris Red at one point and I've demoed at the bbb and my hubs has taught in the UK and states as well as having suspended Kate moss and Sam Taylor Wood.

Different peoples needs are all different and the rope event and munches path is not right for everyone.

It used to be the only way I'd do it but I'm happier here.

"

There’s a good chance our paths have crossed. I’ve had private classes with Chris, it took a lot from that, he teaches full time now.

lichfield

"

"

The uk rope scene has grown massively, like you say.

When I first joined the scene riggers were rare and mainly around London.

Now there’s rope classes and events all over the country.

There a hell of a lot of women riggers now, probably just as many as men.

I think rope is also a great equaliser between men and women, when the women wants to top.

Up on them there hills

Rope is always going to be risky, upon being tied you have to understand and accept that risk, but the rigger has the expectation on them to minimise that risk so that it’s not a danger,

Sorry but I have to disagree with you in regard to Japanese rope. Shibari/kinbaku as we know it is a fairly recent practice. Possibly turn of the 20th century most likely around the 1930s to 1940s. Japanese rope bondage as we know it is related to but not the same as Hojojutsu which is a martial art and intended to fuck people up. Japanese rope bondage is also related to Japanese rope torture, where we get the suspensions and shrimp position which originally were official sanctioned tortures and designed to fuck you up.

Thirdly there were the official restraints for people that were arrested. Rope was used to prevent humiliation and revenge if someone important was arrested and then had to be released. It could be argued they had not been shackled and therefore not humiliated. For the same reason those ties were restraining but not painful.

In terms of western bondage you are only looking at modern western bondage. If you look at modern Japanese rope bondage responsible practitioners look the safest way to perform it. Hence people going on at OP about safety.

The big change in both western and Japanes bondage is that submissives (predominantly women) have a voice and are seen as precious by responsible practitioners."

Smiles) you kind of gave the game away. Great knowledge.

lichfield

Also one massive change.

When I first came to the scene there was so much snobbery and elitism around rope and I mostly avoided learning anything properly because of this.

That’s really changed now and it’s so easy to jump in, be welcomed and learn.

Up on them there hills

"Also one massive change.

When I first came to the scene there was so much snobbery and elitism around rope and I mostly avoided learning anything properly because of this.

That’s really changed now and it’s so easy to jump in, be welcomed and learn."

Agreed.

There is a Native American people saying that goes.

You can talk about bison hunting.

You can dream about bison hunting.

Until you have been bison hunting you know nothing.

Bit like fabswinger in an odd way,

I need to get on my horse.

» Add a new message to this topic