FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Sigh. Blocked again.

Sigh. Blocked again.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ornyBritman2 OP   Man 11 weeks ago

Bramley

I don't know why I bother some times.

I have been chatting to two couples this morning, seemingly getting on well. One of them actually messaged me first.

And suddenly, without any indication, when it gets to deciding who is going to travel, I am ghosted or blocked.

No warning, no indication I have offended, no nothing.

Why do people waste your time like that?

I am just glad I had other reasons for booking today off work, and it wasn't for a non-existant meet.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asterMeliodasMan 11 weeks ago

Near Keith

"I don't know why I bother some times.

I have been chatting to two couples this morning, seemingly getting on well. One of them actually messaged me first.

And suddenly, without any indication, when it gets to deciding who is going to travel, I am ghosted or blocked.

I am just glad I had other reasons for booking today off work, and it wasn't for a non-existant meet."

I get that it can be disheartening, but there could be any number of reasons, and you'll possibly never know which.

The best way to approach interactions here is to assume that nothing is set in stone until you're actually standing face to face. Enjoy the chatting for what it is without too many expectations of the end result, and it'll go a lot smoother.

By *asterMeliodasMan 11 weeks ago

Near Keith

(It does suck that you booked off work for it, though. If it had gotten to that stage, it seems odd that it's fizzled out, especially if they knew you were doing so)

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man 11 weeks ago

Stourbridge

One of my mates on here met up with a couple,at their request, booked a hotel,at their request and sat waiting for the whole night when they failed to show ,blocked him and disappeared.

It happens. It’s shit but no one can change it. I do understand you wanting to vent.

By *rad670Man 11 weeks ago

South Lakes

I got blocked once by a couple who had been talking to for couple of weeks after I had as agreed mentioned I was free to meet, I got a message back saying "working bye" followed by a block. I'd rather someone just say not for me or us or changed my mind. Many justvhete for the ego trip with no intention of meeting.

By *CExeCouple 11 weeks ago

Lincoln/Exeter

As a single guy, I chatted to a couple on here for a few weeks and we arranged to meet at theirs one evening. Messaged them before I left and they confirmed they were still on for it. I drove 45 minutes to theirs and they refused to answer the door or the phone and blocked me. Rumour has it they received a record number of catalogues, Jehovas Witness visits etc for a few months afterwards.

By *ingle To MingleMan 11 weeks ago

Swalwell

Just assume everyone is just a man keyboard wanking unless there's reason not too - often I find having offline conversation the best way to know if it's a real couple or not.

And always agree to a social meet first if possible, with no expectation of playing.

By *ynek666Man 11 weeks ago

Maidenhead

Exaclty the same thing. I dont understand!

By *ondonbifunMan 11 weeks ago

Enfield

[Removed by poster at 19/07/24 19:52:31]

Enfield

"I don't know why I bother some times.

I am just glad I had other reasons for booking today off work, and it wasn't for a non-existant meet."

It’s often a single guy fantasising as a couple. Happened to me a few times over the years and you can read the signs.

Often no veri’s and no pics of either his ‘wife’ or just loads of his cock

Lot of fantasists out there

By *WB85Man 11 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Our feeling is that often couples talk to you and start making plans when both parties haven't sat down and agreed they are attracted.

It happens a lot.

We will always wait until we get together at night after parent duties and chat before any serious conversations happen.

By *enuine MikeMan 11 weeks ago

Guildford

Far too many cunts in this world who fuck with people.

What they fail to realise is that no shows typically cost money. Not to mention the emotional/mental setbacks.

Met a couple a few weeks ago. Continued chatting for about a week later, with the intention of meeting again. Then blocked me. Pricks

By *ellroseWoman 11 weeks ago

Brum

The one thing I never do is book a day off work for a meet, I meet on my days/evenings off

By *ene FairfaxMan 11 weeks ago

Dover

It happens to us all for some reason or another. I have very thick skin and think heyho carry on perving lol. I occasionally strike lucky and have some good Internet friends on here who I may never meet. It's happens in the real world where a No is a block

By *ophieslutTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Central

It's not time wasting when people chat to determine suitability.

It's no surprise that most people are not mutually compatible to anyone! That's if your expectations are realistic.

People are under no obligation to say no thanks. No reply = no thanks.

Them not doing so just means that they know Fab terms.

By *punk n gushCouple 11 weeks ago

walmer

From a couples point of view we will never meet someone on her after just a couple of messages we take our time at least a week or two discussing things we would do should we meet and that's just to nake sure we are all compatible and yes sadly after a few days some have blocked us abd same we have blocked them it's all just the way adult sites work

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

Tried and tested. Choose who you want to meet. Insist on a video call prior to anything else. Ask them to meet you for a social at a place and time you're going to be anyway so there's no inconvenience to you then face o face arrange a future meeting somewhere that doesn't put you out. We use our village pub, we're there every night anyway.

Swalwell

"Tried and tested. Choose who you want to meet. Insist on a video call prior to anything else. Ask them to meet you for a social at a place and time you're going to be anyway so there's no inconvenience to you then face o face arrange a future meeting somewhere that doesn't put you out. We use our village pub, we're there every night anyway."

Don't forget - you can say 'no' and walk away too.

Too many guys sell themselves short, a bit self respect and a little less desperation can go a long way.

Happy fabbing everyone

By *evonrobMan 11 weeks ago

Kingsbridge

Some great advice on this thread. I work on the premise that any meet is gold dust and am grateful for what I can get. I’m sure that the men masquerading as couples get themselves in deep then just block as a quick way out. It’s a shame but it’s always going to happen so I guess we just have to be pragmatic, take it on the chin and stay optimistic. This IS a great site and it’s promoting lots of fun activity, the odd block is a very small price to pay!

By *orthernJayMan 11 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

"Tried and tested. Choose who you want to meet. Insist on a video call prior to anything else. Ask them to meet you for a social at a place and time you're going to be anyway so there's no inconvenience to you then face o face arrange a future meeting somewhere that doesn't put you out. We use our village pub, we're there every night anyway."

^^^ absolutely this ^^^

Spent five years as a couple on Fab, we’d chat briefly with interested peeps then insist on a quick video call; this easily removed 90% of perspective meets; people vanished, blocked, ignored us, dog ate the phone, we’d heard it all.

Post the video call we’d arrange to meet at the pub located at the bottom of our street; less than a quarter of people showed up, couples were much worse than single guys!

In my experience, most singles guys who’ll happily video call you then subsequently get a date will show up.

As a single guy nowadays, I simply won’t make arrangements to meet anybody who I’ve not chatted to F2F on a vid call, including both parties if it’s a couple and never agree to visit their home or book a hotel.

I’ll happily reimburse my share (or the full cost) in cash when we meet, if I’m staying on business then I’ll cover everything on expenses; including drinks and a meal.

Take it or leave it!

Subsequently, I’ve never been stood up or let down as a single, the worst that happened as a couple was a night at the pub for us both; nothing lost and we’d howl together at peoples stupidity.

Maybe this strategy significantly reduces the potential to meet, I’m fine with that, my time is equally as precious as your time; if you want to waste your time that’s your business, you’re not wasting mine!

By *orthernJayMan 11 weeks ago

Canary Wharf

"Too many guys sell themselves short, a bit self respect and a little less desperation can go a long way. "

For sure on here, that many guys are so desperate to get a meet, they’ll jump through whatever hoops required; quote a keyword from profile or delete, send this pic or delete, sweet talk me/us or delete, personally crafted message then blanked!

Don’t get me wrong, the vast majority of guys on here give all guys a bad name, it’s not “free fuck dot com” after all so I do get it.

But for the small percentage of us that think with the big head and not the little one, have some self respect dude

Swalwell

"Too many guys sell themselves short, a bit self respect and a little less desperation can go a long way.

For sure on here, that many guys are so desperate to get a meet, they’ll jump through whatever hoops required; quote a keyword from profile or delete, send this pic or delete, sweet talk me/us or delete, personally crafted message then blanked!

Don’t get me wrong, the vast majority of guys on here give all guys a bad name, it’s not “free fuck dot com” after all so I do get it.

But for the small percentage of us that think with the big head and not the little one, have some self respect dude "

Great reply - just to add...

Guys, please stop sending copy & paste messages too. They stand out like a sore thumb and your messages get remembered in your history, so people can see just how many times it's been sent .

I've got one guy who has been sending me the same message for years now, absolutely identical. Still wonders why nobody meets him.

Enfield

Often the case, when you chat for weeks and months even. Ask for a phone/vid call and they disappear

Odd behaviour

» Add a new message to this topic