FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Have you ever had your mind changed by someone's forum posts?

Have you ever had your mind changed by someone's forum posts?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asterMeliodas OP   Man 11 weeks ago

Near Keith

Curious as to whether anyone's ever been looking at someone they were or weren't initially interested, saw posts they'd made on the forums and been enticed/put off by the content.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Near Keith

interested in*

By *arlot o scaraWoman 11 weeks ago

Hell

All the time, the forums are a great filter

By *imply DeeWoman 11 weeks ago

Wherever

Often.

Quite recently about someone that made me do 180 turn.

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

I think the forums are a great way to better put yourself out there. I think the profiles can only present a small picture of you. By writing my stories I've had people contact me who I know wouldn't normally do so. Also participating in the chats has you connecting with new and varied people so it's a winner with me. Always happy to chat with people too.

By *r SproutMan 11 weeks ago

the middle somewhere

Absolutely. Even this morning reading through some threads.

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 11 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

I’ve changed my mind about whether I think I would get on with certain people/couples. Does that count?

By *adyKarmennTVTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Dublin

Absolutely!!!

Even more do when you follow them online and what they post does not align with what they DM

By *essTTWoman 11 weeks ago

Birmingham

"Curious as to whether anyone's ever been looking at someone they were or weren't initially interested, saw posts they'd made on the forums and been enticed/put off by the content."

Yes both ways, I've become quite good friends with a couple of people on the forum who in the outside world our paths wouldn't of crossed but I like the way they posted and vice versa

Near Keith

"I’ve changed my mind about whether I think I would get on with certain people/couples. Does that count?"

Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I was wondering about, so absolutely counts.

By *omptationMan 11 weeks ago

liverpool

Indeed! There’s someone on this very thread who’s an awesome woman who I wouldn’t have met outside of the forums…

By *essTTWoman 11 weeks ago

Birmingham

"Curious as to whether anyone's ever been looking at someone they were or weren't initially interested, saw posts they'd made on the forums and been enticed/put off by the content.

Yes both ways, I've become quite good friends with a couple of people on the forum who in the outside world our paths wouldn't of crossed but I like the way they posted and vice versa "

But on the flip side, I've seen people's profiles who I thought I could vibe with and then seen them post and thought wowzers

By *issmorganWoman 11 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I've been put off more than once op,I use the private note feature a fair bit.

By *rimson_RoseWoman 11 weeks ago

Tamworth

Yes in both directions!

Near Keith

"I've been put off more than once op,I use the private note feature a fair bit. "

Haha I'd forgotten private notes was a thing since I'm not a supporter. I wonder if anyone has any about me...

By *rimson_RoseWoman 11 weeks ago

Tamworth

"I've been put off more than once op,I use the private note feature a fair bit. "

I do this too!

By *lowupdollTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Herts

I read a few posts and thought ok I thought they were a bit of a twat but actually they talk alot of sense.

Just a bit frustrating they were my posts.

Near Keith

"I read a few posts and thought ok I thought they were a bit of a twat but actually they talk alot of sense.

Just a bit frustrating they were my posts. "

I read my own posts going "What the fuck is this guy thinking?" so I hear ya.

Whats this private note feature?

Near Keith

"Whats this private note feature? "

Underneath the "Verify Genuine" link is "Your Private Notes". If you're a site supporter, you can write personal notes about other people's profiles.

By *issy_named_cTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Edinburgh

To the original question

100%

Good chat makes it all work

By *mber SkiesWoman 11 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

"Whats this private note feature?

Underneath the "Verify Genuine" link is "Your Private Notes". If you're a site supporter, you can write personal notes about other people's profiles."

but surely you would remember if you were put off by someone on the forums I know I do I don’t post there threads I pass them by

By *mber SkiesWoman 11 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

Brucey is one of them he only likes his clique

By *icecouple561Couple 11 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've been put off by forum posts. There have been threads where I've blocked nearly every contributor and others where I've made a lot of private notes.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Whats this private note feature?

Underneath the "Verify Genuine" link is "Your Private Notes". If you're a site supporter, you can write personal notes about other people's profiles. but surely you would remember if you were put off by someone on the forums I know I do I don’t post there threads I pass them by "

I use the private notes because I know I won't remember. Quite often people reveal a side of themselves they keep well concealed and it's useful to be reminded of that.

Can't say I'd ever block someone for their opinions. The Internet creates echo chambers enough on its own without needing help from me.

Near Keith

"I've been put off by forum posts. There have been threads where I've blocked nearly every contributor and others where I've made a lot of private notes."

Interesting to know. There have been some great responses on here, thanks everyone.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Can't say I'd ever block someone for their opinions. The Internet creates echo chambers enough on its own without needing help from me. "

The only opinions I block for are the ones that show vile or disrespectful views on women

By *ealitybitesMan 11 weeks ago

Belfast

Yes I've changed my opinion on people who have built their fab persona on being all things to all men in private messages and then saying the polar opposite in the forums.

The number of intelligent adults verified by those who have utterly vilified, demonised and absolutely destroyed them in private is on one hand sad and on the other hilarious.

I'm attracted to consistency and even if I don't agree with things that people post, I respect them if they are consistent and stand up for their beliefs.

I have zero respect for two faced people who both need and want validation and will do anything to remain relevant on fab.

By *avid 50Man 11 weeks ago

kendal

I responded to a thread from a lady who said farmers were deliberately obstructive and often quite rude, after a long chat we met. I showed her around my farm and explained why the farmer in question may have been as he was and now we are quite a regular correspondents but unlikely to meet again

By *ongAndThick123Man 11 weeks ago

Leeds

I try to keep an open mind, since I know that the way I write doesn’t reflect the way I speak (I think I seem more blunt when typing). So I assume the same must apply to others

By *assageVirtuosoMan 11 weeks ago

SouthEast

"Can't say I'd ever block someone for their opinions. The Internet creates echo chambers enough on its own without needing help from me.

The only opinions I block for are the ones that show vile or disrespectful views on women"

Same for me.

I won't block because of differences in opinion. In fact, I'd encourage people to form their own views.

However, when I see toddler type behaviour, insults, attacking another forumite's character (of which they know nothing), overly judgemental , rude towards others, men, women, etc. I may block so I don't waste my time if an opportunity arises to meet in future.

» Add a new message to this topic