FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Verifications question

Verifications question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Met someone quite some time ago (we are talking years and from another site) and have recently shown up on here they messaged me asking "if i was ********* from the other site as they thought they may know me" I obviously said yes it was me and they then went on to say aftera few messages would i verify them as being gen etc.

So my question to fellow forumites is how long after meeting someone is it still ok for you to verify them ?

I havent met this person for some time and may have changed totally in that timeframe from being a genuine nice person to meet to an utter pain in the rear and not anything like the person i met.

xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've met people that i've previously known from other avenues - and i've been happy to verify them, but only after we've met again.

I wouldn't be comfortable verifying someone i'd once met years back.

And I certainly wouldn't just based on message exchanges on site - potentially could be anyone!

"I've met people that i've previously known from other avenues - and i've been happy to verify them, but only after we've met again.

I wouldn't be comfortable verifying someone i'd once met years back.

And I certainly wouldn't just based on message exchanges on site - potentially could be anyone!"

Definately him as he went through things that only someone i met would have known even down to little things but see what you mean xx

If you do verify them you could cover yourself by saying you met them a long time ago etc

Just meet him again x then the problems solved

By *eal_Dick_TurpinMan  over a year ago

Exeter

What are you verifying, the persons character or their identity?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd probably still want to have some form of relationship with them off-site in the present, even if it's just a phone chat, or quick meet at a club with a drink.

I value the prestige that others have given people by verifying them, and I wouldn't want to let fab down, should someone have a different feel now, to how my older perception was.

It's your call - I think you're totally in the right to verify them, as you've met them personally, and you've discussed intimate things that only he would know. I'm perhaps a little too cautious.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"If you do verify them you could cover yourself by saying you met them a long time ago etc"

The problem with this - as the thought of doing this also crossed my mind - is that the recipients don't have to publish the actual verification, merely use it, so that their account is verified.

"What are you verifying, the persons character or their identity?"

Wanted both, but then as someone else said they could just hide it and no one would actually see it but it would look like they are gen

Doesnt actually want to meet again for the time being so may be trying to convince someone else on here that they will show for a meet xx

"What are you verifying, the persons character or their identity?

Wanted both, but then as someone else said they could just hide it and no one would actually see it but it would look like they are gen

Doesnt actually want to meet again for the time being so may be trying to convince someone else on here that they will show for a meet xx "

In that case i'd have to decline!

People asking someone to verify them so they look convincing to another is one of the reasons many lose faith in the verification system.

And it's also seriously rude if they have no intention of meeting the person they're seeking the verification from!

I'd say that unless you've actually met them since they set up this new account, don't verify them. I see a lot of new profiles where they say they were here before and ask that those that remember them to reverify. Could be anyone who just stole the old account's pics.

So unless they've been on cam, met in person, or as you said, they knew things only they would, its best to not verify in these circumstances.

its the same thing when you meet someone the first time they are nice, then you find out they arent so nice, they were only being nice to get what they wanted.

they were nice at the time when you met, so thats good enough.

» Add a new message to this topic