FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Unverified

Unverified

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iscreetstokecouple OP   Couple 7 weeks ago

Newcastle

What's peoples thoughts on those who have been here a few months and not even got photo verified? We always think its a guy and the mrs doesn't know he's posted her pics!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asterMeliodasMan 7 weeks ago

Near Keith

It would definitely give me pause, as it takes no time at all to do.

By *imply DeeWoman 7 weeks ago

Wherever

I think you just answered your own question.

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 7 weeks ago

Reading

We think people should be allowed to run their profiles the way they want to.

By *iker JackMan 7 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

Verification is an option not a requirement

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

Anyone who is serious would get photo verified. We would not communicate with anyone who has not bothered with this free and simple step.

By *icecouple561Couple 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We've been on here over 12 years and not photo verified. It doesn't mean that we're a single man.

By *iss DevilWoman 7 weeks ago

Bedford

On my couple's account, we have been here nearly 6 years and not photo verified. We got ourselves meet verified though, on more than one occasion, which I believe is more important than photo verification.

By *issmorganWoman 7 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

"We've been on here over 12 years and not photo verified. It doesn't mean that we're a single man. "

Are you sure?

By *imply DeeWoman 7 weeks ago

Wherever

When I first set my account, I couldn’t use it until I photo verified myself. So how come it’s optional for some?

By *bi HaiveMan 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I take the same approach with unverified profiles and newbies as I do those who haven't been verified in years.

I ignore them and move on. I can filter out the former two from messaging me and choose not to engage with the latter.

Simple and has worked well for me for 16 years now.

The site does have some useful tools if you choose to use them.

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple 7 weeks ago

manchester

"What's peoples thoughts on those who have been here a few months and not even got photo verified? We always think its a guy and the mrs doesn't know he's posted her pics! "

Agreed

manchester

"I take the same approach with unverified profiles and newbies as I do those who haven't been verified in years.

I ignore them and move on. I can filter out the former two from messaging me and choose not to engage with the latter.

The site does have some useful tools if you choose to use them. "

Everyone having to be photo or even better video verify would potentially remove so many fake accounts and sock accounts.

It wouldn’t be to difficult for the site owners to invest in this.

manchester

"On my couple's account, we have been here nearly 6 years and not photo verified. We got ourselves meet verified though, on more than one occasion, which I believe is more important than photo verification. "

Meet veri’s can be easily faked.

You could set up a single male profile get video / chat room verified. Set up a couples account, verify it from the single male profile and there you have a verified couples profile, we see this a lot! And it’s a massive loop hole.

manchester

"We've been on here over 12 years and not photo verified. It doesn't mean that we're a single man. "

But it could.

By *iss DevilWoman 7 weeks ago

Bedford

"On my couple's account, we have been here nearly 6 years and not photo verified. We got ourselves meet verified though, on more than one occasion, which I believe is more important than photo verification.

You could set up a single male profile get video / chat room verified. Set up a couples account, verify it from the single male profile and there you have a verified couples profile, we see this a lot! And it’s a massive loop hole. "

Ok, we are a fake couple then! Not that I care.

manchester

"On my couple's account, we have been here nearly 6 years and not photo verified. We got ourselves meet verified though, on more than one occasion, which I believe is more important than photo verification.

You could set up a single male profile get video / chat room verified. Set up a couples account, verify it from the single male profile and there you have a verified couples profile, we see this a lot! And it’s a massive loop hole.

Ok, we are a fake couple then! Not that I care. "

You missed the word “could” 😘

By *riel13Woman 7 weeks ago

Northampton

Photo verification means very little

By *uriouskinksCouple 7 weeks ago

PORTSMOUTH

Funny this, we've just blocked an unverified couple where only the man was available and asked numerous times to meet before we blocked and reported. Doubt anything will get done though.

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

Meh, meets and actual verifications is what we pay attention to more. If there's verifications from other couples that look established we'd take a stab.

By *illan-KillashMan 7 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

"What's peoples thoughts on those who have been here a few months and not even got photo verified? We always think its a guy and the mrs doesn't know he's posted her pics! "

I'm not photo verified.

If you think I'm a guy, you'd be right.

If you don't want to cross paths with profiles that aren't PV, just filter them out.

The site gives us the tools to see what we want, and not be troubled by what we don't.

People moaning about things that are easily avoided are

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We've been on here over 12 years and not photo verified. It doesn't mean that we're a single man.

Are you sure? "

Hold on...

Yep definitely two of us 😜

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"We've been on here over 12 years and not photo verified. It doesn't mean that we're a single man.

But it could."

It could but if anybody is concerned they can filter out profiles that aren't photo verified.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Funny this, we've just blocked an unverified couple where only the man was available and asked numerous times to meet before we blocked and reported. Doubt anything will get done though. "

Reports are always looked at. You won't be advised as to what actions been taken.

By *nytime2023Couple 7 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

We are all free to engage with whoever we like. Everyone is free to make their own choices regarding verification etc. We wouldn’t engage at all with anyone/couple who are not meet verified at least 3 or 4 times. That’s our choice and others are free to make their own. Use this site however you want and make it work for you

By *ipstick KissesWoman 7 weeks ago

South Down

I know my profile is currently hidden, but I'm not photo verified. I'm of the opinion now that, with 47 meet verifications from 40 different people including event organisers the length and breadth of Ireland, it's kinda superfluous. And that's before you take into consideration those who know me from the couples profile my partner and I had for 5 years previously.

Of course people are free to make whatever assumptions they want from my lack of photo verification. Me, I tend to look at the whole picture and use all the tools provided to make decisions on an individual basis.

By *inkyAlchemyCouple 7 weeks ago

Corby

"I take the same approach with unverified profiles and newbies as I do those who haven't been verified in years.

Everyone having to be photo or even better video verify would potentially remove so many fake accounts and sock accounts.

It wouldn’t be to difficult for the site owners to invest in this. "

The thing you haven't thought about is that these fake accounts buy membership and probably bring in majority of the revenue of the website.

The owners have no desire to out fakes as it affects their profits. It's sad, but it's true.

By *nebworthMan 7 weeks ago

Knebworth

I agree.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 03/08/24 06:21:28]

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Central

I've been here for 15 years and haven't bothered to photo verify. It's an open site for everyone's benefit and to use our own discretionz in how we use it and choose to meet people. Taking personal responsibility is essential here and we should not try to impose greater responsibility on to the site, by offloading our own.

By *alandNitaCouple 7 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

We're not photo verified and I'm only photo verified on my single account because I had to be.

It proves nothing.

In my opinion having in person verifications are worth something, but others aren't. These prove that they turn up and are likely to at least resemble thier profile.

Nita

By *andL4FunCouple 7 weeks ago

Cheshire / Shropshire

Should be got rid of from the site, but fab likes to keep them as they provide figures for advert views. Yet, they play the inconsistent trick of often demanding folks photo verify just after joining and disable their account until they do. As many double standards as facebook.

By *andL4FunCouple 7 weeks ago

Cheshire / Shropshire

"We're not photo verified and I'm only photo verified on my single account because I had to be.

It proves nothing.

In my opinion having in person verifications are worth something, but others aren't. These prove that they turn up and are likely to at least resemble thier profile.

Nita

"

Well said

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

The thing you haven't thought about is that these fake accounts buy membership and probably bring in majority of the revenue of the website.

The owners have no desire to out fakes as it affects their profits. It's sad, but it's true. "

Actually they do. Its why many accounts have to photo verify now before having full use of the site.

Fake profiles aren't a benefit to anyone. If you think a profile is fake then report it. All reports are looked into. But many people use that word just because they've been ignored or rejected. The site is, and always has been, free to use if people choose. There's no need to subscribe.

If you use common sense, a realistic sense of expectancy and perform just the basic levels of 'due diligence' to check someone is real before commencing any longer term chat with them or make and plans to meet that might include some kind of expenses, instead of just taking the word of a complete stranger on the Internet, then people would probably encounter less issues.

We're all adults. We're all capable of using our own minds to decide if something looks genuine or if there's any doubt. Take ownership of that rather than expecting Fab to do all the work for you. It can help, but not do everything.

By *hatsWhatCoupleCouple 7 weeks ago

Northampton

Photo verification is completely worthless.

We’ve not bothered, hopefully our actual verifications confirm we are real. Happy to stand on one foot, holding tomorrow’s newspaper and licking a Fab lolly if required.

Our red flags come from accounts with no veris after 3 months or so.

We are looking for active lifestyle members not pen friends.

Screen grabbed profile pics are our biggest bug bear! Especially when they are a photo verified account !

By *ngel-ishandtheswingersCouple 7 weeks ago

Colchester

We are both photo verified on our individual accounts and are verified by people we've met together.

We aren't verified on our joint account and we probably won't.

I think some people don’t understand the intention behind the photo verification option.

Its supposed to give a level of assurance that the person in the picture is the same gender as the person’s profile. And that's about it.

What it’s not, is a cast iron guarantee that this process is 100% fool proof. Photo verifications can be and probably are faked.

What they are not is a nailed on guarantee that the person is genuine, the profile is genuine, that they won’t waste your time, that they will find you attractive, that they will want to meet you or that they will fuck you.

Enjoying the site is about using your common sense, regrettably a skill many seem to lack.

I even saw someone a while back suggesting that a photo verification was a better barometer than a meet verification.

That really did make me want to give my head a wobble.

I think some people are in too much of a hurry to meet, too desperate, and in their haste they forget to carry out any due diligence.

After which they want the site to remedy their mistakes by introducing a whole raft of unworkable and impractical processes.

If any other form of verification system provided a 100% guarantee, don’t you think the site would have implemented it by now?

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 7 weeks ago

Leeds

Everyone was new at one point, my singles profile wasn't photo verified for ages because I couldn't be arsed.

There's lots of ways to check someone is real.

Due diligence!

Mrs

By *inkyAlchemyCouple 7 weeks ago

Corby

The owners have no desire to out fakes as it affects their profits. It's sad, but it's true.

Actually they do. Its why many accounts have to photo verify now before having full use of the site.

Fake profiles aren't a benefit to anyone. If you think a profile is fake then report it. All reports are looked into. But many people use that word just because they've been ignored or rejected. The site is, and always has been, free to use if people choose. There's no need to subscribe.

If you use common sense, a realistic sense of expectancy and perform just the basic levels of 'due diligence' to check someone is real before commencing any longer term chat with them or make and plans to meet that might include some kind of expenses, instead of just taking the word of a complete stranger on the Internet, then people would probably encounter less issues.

We're all adults. We're all capable of using our own minds to decide if something looks genuine or if there's any doubt. Take ownership of that rather than expecting Fab to do all the work for you. It can help, but not do everything. "

Trust me, we do lots of due diligence.

I can fire that same question back at you - why aren't fab doing due diligence when they allow single females to signup without requiring a mandatory verification?

We use a certain reverse image website which allows us to easily identify fakes. Why doesn't fab do simple checks such as this?

Fab might want to take a leaf out of the new competitor, and provide a better service for their members rather than allowing a huge number of fake accounts to be created.

There are so many ways to verify the person is who they say they are, using modern technology. I'm a software engineer and I have used these technologies in my job.

We've seen single females verification photos be approved where it's clearly been photoshopped over a white piece of paper.

I could go on but this post is long enough.

By *orl1971Couple 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

We only meet people who have a couple of meet verifications and those meets verifications must be from people with multiple meets verifications themselves. If you follow the connections it’s easy to spot fakes verifying fakes.

It does make it difficult for new profiles but it is what it is.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We meet verified, unverified, photo verified, un photo verified. We always, always meet for coffee first. If they're hundreds of years or kilos over how they've represented themselves or are a whole different gender we drink up and go on our merry way

We're all adults. We're all capable of using our own minds to decide if something looks genuine or if there's any doubt. Take ownership of that rather than expecting Fab to do all the work for you. It can help, but not do everything.

I can fire that same question back at you - why aren't fab doing due diligence when they allow single females to signup without requiring a mandatory verification?

We use a certain reverse image website which allows us to easily identify fakes. Why doesn't fab do simple checks such as this?

Fab might want to take a leaf out of the new competitor, and provide a better service for their members rather than allowing a huge number of fake accounts to be created.

There are so many ways to verify the person is who they say they are, using modern technology. I'm a software engineer and I have used these technologies in my job.

We've seen single females verification photos be approved where it's clearly been photoshopped over a white piece of paper.

I could go on but this post is long enough. "

Put your skills and knowledge to good use, volunteer to be a photo mod.

By *he Silver FuxMan 7 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"We meet verified, unverified, photo verified, un photo verified. We always, always meet for coffee first. If they're hundreds of years or kilos over how they've represented themselves or are a whole different gender we drink up and go on our merry way"

This is the way to do it, anybody you are not 100% certain of… arrange a social. Make sure that if they don’t turn up or go silent at the last minute it doesn’t put you to any trouble. You just shrug, block them, finish your coffee and resume your day.

I don’t generally arrange to meet anybody that hasn’t fully invested in their profile. If they can’t be bothered or don’t recognise the value of a good profile then they probably aren’t the kind of people I want to meet anyway but I sometimes have made exceptions and have met some great people by taking a chance. However you will always get those fantasists with good profiles with no obvious red flags who love the preamble but don’t meet… sometimes single ladies but it’s usually men running couples accounts. They get in touch, talk the talk, messages with pics of their wife, make arrangements… and then get around to telling their wives… who aren’t interested

By *ark n kimCouple 7 weeks ago

Durham

"We meet verified, unverified, photo verified, un photo verified. We always, always meet for coffee first. If they're hundreds of years or kilos over how they've represented themselves or are a whole different gender we drink up and go on our merry way

This is the way to do it, anybody you are not 100% certain of… arrange a social. Make sure that if they don’t turn up or go silent at the last minute it doesn’t put you to any trouble. You just shrug, block them, finish your coffee and resume your day.

I don’t generally arrange to meet anybody that hasn’t fully invested in their profile. If they can’t be bothered or don’t recognise the value of a good profile then they probably aren’t the kind of people I want to meet anyway but I sometimes have made exceptions and have met some great people by taking a chance. However you will always get those fantasists with good profiles with no obvious red flags who love the preamble but don’t meet… sometimes single ladies but it’s usually men running couples accounts. They get in touch, talk the talk, messages with pics of their wife, make arrangements… and then get around to telling their wives… who aren’t interested "

Totally agree with these two posts.

Not going to say we have not been caught out because we have,but have not gotten as far as an actual meet.

But for us it's profile,initial message and verifications.

But we also understand it is a little harder for single men to get verifications.

By *ouple24669Couple 7 weeks ago

Aberdeen

That’s strange because we were blocked from using the site until we got photo verified. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Forum Mod

East Sussex

That’s strange because we were blocked from using the site until we got photo verified. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️"

It's a random thing as far as I know.

I have a single woman profile and had to photo verify it before I could go further.

I suppose the likelihood of anyone pretending to be a mid/late sixties couple is unlikely

By *he Silver FuxMan 7 weeks ago

Uttoxeter

"We meet verified, unverified, photo verified, un photo verified. We always, always meet for coffee first. If they're hundreds of years or kilos over how they've represented themselves or are a whole different gender we drink up and go on our merry way

I don’t generally arrange to meet anybody that hasn’t fully invested in their profile. If they can’t be bothered or don’t recognise the value of a good profile then they probably aren’t the kind of people I want to meet anyway but I sometimes have made exceptions and have met some great people by taking a chance. However you will always get those fantasists with good profiles with no obvious red flags who love the preamble but don’t meet… sometimes single ladies but it’s usually men running couples accounts. They get in touch, talk the talk, messages with pics of their wife, make arrangements… and then get around to telling their wives… who aren’t interested

Totally agree with these two posts.

Not going to say we have not been caught out because we have,but have not gotten as far as an actual meet.

But for us it's profile,initial message and verifications.

But we also understand it is a little harder for single men to get verifications."

It’s not hard to get a verification as a single man - they just have to find a social event nearby and attend, chat to some folk and ask nicely if they could verify them. It is harder for those ‘single’ men who have joined the site who are married or in a committed relationship and have to be ‘discreet’

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

I could go on but this post is long enough. "

Fab is a free to use site. I've been on many sites over the last 20 years. Paid and free. None had a fool proof verification process bar one that had the option to upload photo ID (driving licence or passport) but how many would willingly do this I wonder? 🤔 I'd personally be happy to provide photo ID myself, as I do with club memberships, but plenty of others wouldn't.

No site is fake free. There are many 'competitors'. Yet people still flood to Fab and many are still here years later. If it wasn't a effective site why would people stick around?

As you say. There are so many ways to verify someone is who they say. A simple call or brief video chat. A meet for a coffee. They cost nothing and provide way more reassurance than a tick or flag. Why rely on someone else to check things for you?

This is the Internet. Expecting everything on it to be 100% authentic all the time is a tad naive.

By *entenTeaCouple 7 weeks ago

Buckley North Wales

Profiles with no verifications are ignored by us. Photo verification is a basic. We are also cautious of folk who have been on here for a while but only have 1 or 2 verifications from a single guy a few years back. Signs of genuine activity are a key part.

By *attooedlad445Couple 7 weeks ago

london

I’m also a guy with a mrs and I have used her photos with her knowledge and I don’t think i have a verified photo

By *londebiguyMan 7 weeks ago

Southport

I have been here years too and never even thought of photo verification.

I'd hope people would realise I'm decent and a genuine person.

By *endalshaggersCouple 6 weeks ago

Kendal

All depends on personal preferences to a degree.

When we first joined, there was a huge amount of people who "snubbed us" because we weren't verified. We had photo verified but no meet/cam verifications. We've been called fake so many times as well. Sometimes people could be rude and insulting because it seemed at the time "no green tick, your're not welcome to the club" sort of thing.

Generally we do try and avoid accounts where after X amount of time there's zero pictures of them at all, the bio is still on "fill in later", and there's no photo verification or even hidden genuine verifications. To others, it depends. We'll give new profiles a little bit of leeway but after a couple of messages it can be obvious if they're a fake or like to talk the talk but don't necessarily want to walk the walk.

Other than that. Trust your gut. Severed me well for 29 years!

By *oralltherightreasonsCouple 6 weeks ago

WELLINGBOROUGH

As the husband I'm suspicious of everyone especially couples or single women, unless the photos in the couples profile show the female to be Knowingly photographed or engaging in some swinging action.

But the wife pretty much believes every one which is dangerous at times, so I make sure I monitor and check, also like to get her to chat for at least a couple of weeks before arranging meets which works as the time wasters soon get bored. But yeah I like a profile to be photo verified and meet verified if possible

By *andL4FunCouple 6 weeks ago

Cheshire / Shropshire

"Anyone who is serious would get photo verified. We would not communicate with anyone who has not bothered with this free and simple step."

Proves they exist but nothing else. Could be the biggest time wasters around, like those who have endless veries for meeting socially but never played. At least the real swingers with a bit of savvy can spot such folks after a while.

By *andL4FunCouple 6 weeks ago

Cheshire / Shropshire

The photo veri thing is vastly overrated as being a measure of genuine players. Veries for having actually played from genuine, well verified actual players are really the only good yardstick.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan 6 weeks ago

Coventry

I think verifications are useful but not the be all or end all. All very best still had to get a first verification from someone. Imagine if no one gave them a first look in?

I don't see one or two verifications as much more help than zero. When someone has got say ten or more that's different. Because that helps to compile a better picture about them. But one or two isn't much help anyway. And remember not everyone hunts verifications post encounter, so their verifications may look sparse but may not reflect the true volume of activity.

Best thing to do is use your spidy senses, be cautious (as you should always be with strangers online) and be prepared for unreliability.

But also be aware that people with a lot of good verifications can also be unreliable. Making freinds and arranging meets on the internet is a very fickle endeavour. That's why I've always found the club/party scene to be better.

By *ucka39Man 6 weeks ago

Newcastle

I myself, in my time here have chatted with many whom weren't photo verified, but in there own time did at a later stage. And we're very much genuine or real. Some became good friends off the site after they left and some still remain

By *otwifeLollieCouple 5 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Verification is an option not a requirement "

If you want to meet my missus for sex, you better believe it’s a requirement.

I wanna know other people have met you, even just at a club socially, and that you’re not a catfish who’s trying to harm people.

By *mmaleiaWoman 5 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

"Verification is an option not a requirement

I wanna know other people have met you, even just at a club socially, and that you’re not a catfish who’s trying to harm people. "

He’s talking about the photo verification of what sex you are, not real life verifications.

I haven’t been photo verified, I’ve not needed it & now I’m verified r/l, I won’t ever need it

By *WB85Man 5 weeks ago

Staffordshire

There's always a reason why someone wouldn't even photo verify their account.

The site clearly states the photo used won't be displayed.

We won't waste our time on these people.

By *iker JackMan 5 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

"Verification is an option not a requirement

I wanna know other people have met you, even just at a club socially, and that you’re not a catfish who’s trying to harm people.

He’s talking about the photo verification of what sex you are, not real life verifications.

I haven’t been photo verified, I’ve not needed it & now I’m verified r/l, I won’t ever need it "

Thank you

» Add a new message to this topic