FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Unanswered questions in an otherwise active conversation

Unanswered questions in an otherwise active conversation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asterMeliodas OP   Man 8 weeks ago

Near Keith

Asking out of curiosity for how other people would handle this scenario.

If you were having a conversation with someone that was otherwise two-sided, and you asked them a question about something, then they continued responding to other messages but didn't answer the question you'd asked, would you assume that it was one they didn't want to answer but also didn't want to tell you that or acknowledge it? Or would you assume they missed it and ask it again?

The couple of times it's happened to me, I've erred on the side of caution and just avoided any further mention of it, as it seems more logical to conclude that they saw the question and just didn't want to answer.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lowupdollTV/TS 8 weeks ago

S. Herts

It depends on the nature of the question I guess.

By *imply DeeWoman 8 weeks ago

Wherever

I would blatantly ignore questions I wouldn’t want to answer in hope they’d take a hint.

By *awpleasureMan 8 weeks ago

Sutton Coldfield

I've ignored questions before and I find that most people will re ask

On another site I'm on, your age does not have to be shown. Sometimes I'll get messages like, love your pics, would like to do x and y with you etc

Then they ask my age. I used to tell them, then they say, sorry too old.

So now I don't tell them and if they persist I block them.

By *icecouple561Couple 8 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes I ignore questions I don't want to answer from people I don't know well

By *assageVirtuosoMan 8 weeks ago

SouthEast

[Removed by poster at 15/07/24 15:22:23]

SouthEast

Treat it as an ordinary conversation as if face to face. If they ignore, depends what is and how important it is for you.

We all play deaf sometimes to some questions. On the other hand, one could genuinely overlook your question the first time .

Just keep asking it till you get blocked

Near Keith

"Treat it as an ordinary conversation as if face to face. If they ignore, depends what is and how important it is for you.

We all play deaf sometimes to some questions. On the other hand, one could genuinely overlook your question the first time .

"

Ah yes that seems like a recipe for success, nothing could possibly go wrong XD

SouthEast

"Treat it as an ordinary conversation as if face to face. If they ignore, depends what is and how important it is for you.

Ah yes that seems like a recipe for success, nothing could possibly go wrong XD"

With your talent you can send them a poem where the question is rhymed several times in different ways .

With a repeated chorus

Near Keith

With your talent you can send them a poem where the question is rhymed several times in different ways .

With a repeated chorus "

, not the worst idea anyone's ever had but I think I'd still rather err on the side of just taking the hint and moving on as if I hadn't asked. :P Seems like it'd probably paint me in a slightly better light.

SouthEast

With a repeated chorus "

The chorus could be:

I asked and you didn't answer,

You think I'm a stupid pouncer?

Unless you tell me xyz,

I'll make you bitterly regret.

I'm sure you can do much better than that.

By *elloWoman 8 weeks ago

alpha centauri

I would leave it for a couple of messages and then just casually ask it again, if they don't answer then I would assume that it's something they don't want to discuss with me either because it's not relevant, not something they want to tell me or something they don't want to talk about no matter who is asking.

By *herryEatersCouple 8 weeks ago

East Cheshire

"Asking out of curiosity for how other people would handle this scenario.

If you were having a conversation with someone that was otherwise two-sided, and you asked them a question about something, then they continued responding to other messages but didn't answer the question you'd asked, would you assume that it was one they didn't want to answer but also didn't want to tell you that or acknowledge it? Or would you assume they missed it and ask it again?

The couple of times it's happened to me, I've erred on the side of caution and just avoided any further mention of it, as it seems more logical to conclude that they saw the question and just didn't want to answer."

Happened to us a few times so I ask the question again on its own, difficult to avoid then !. Always something important to us so stops the conversation.

By *melia DominaTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"

This ^^ apart from the continually asking until they block you.

I would ask a couple of times and maybe ask why they have not responded to a question. If there us no response to that then its up to you if you decide to continue the conversation or not. At that point you can walk away or block them yourself.

Better to decide yourself rather than persist and fuck off someone else.

Better vibes all round

Amelia

By *oxy jWoman 8 weeks ago

somerset

"I would leave it for a couple of messages and then just casually ask it again, if they don't answer then I would assume that it's something they don't want to discuss with me either because it's not relevant, not something they want to tell me or something they don't want to talk about no matter who is asking."

this ... i find my self doing it often main one is whats your job i end up telling them after they keep asking whats my job got to do with swinging ... i dont like overly nosey people my / our private life has nothing to do with this lifestyle i tend to get put of by these people ... you dont need to know everything

By *iss DevilWoman 8 weeks ago

Bedford

I was chatting with a random guy on here as he had questions about Chams after my recent forum post. At one point, he asked me a question that was an evident wank fodder so I just ignored it and answered another one from the same message. If he repeated that question, I would have blocked him.

So OP, I'd say take them ignoring your question as "you don't need to know that" or similar. If it's something important for you (not to wank over it but to decide whether or not you're compatible), then do try asking again.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 8 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

If it's more personal than a sexual like it's understandable if they ignore it. Some folk like to keep their hobby separate.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 8 weeks ago

Leeds

Totally depends on the question & if it flowed with the already established conversation, it could be they didn't want to answer or that your already in a conversation and that wasn't part of it.

Mrs

By *ripfillMan 8 weeks ago

havant

To avoid answering - make a reply using a rhetorical question - win win …

» Add a new message to this topic