FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Profiles that ask for a face pic in first message.

Profiles that ask for a face pic in first message.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asterMeliodas OP   Man 9 weeks ago

Near Keith

So there's an interesting thing I've been ruminating over and I'm still not entirely sure what the consensus would be, so I hand this one to you, the wonderful denizens of Fab.

If someone you're sending a message to asks for a face pic to be attached, and your site avatar is already your face, would you also attach a face pic even though it's visible in the message from said avatar? Or would that result in a somewhat awkward "Hi, here's two of me!" situation? I never want to not follow instructions, but it feels like I'm potentially insulting their intelligence if I attach a pic of something that's already there.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickD80Man 8 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

"So there's an interesting thing I've been ruminating over and I'm still not entirely sure what the consensus would be, so I hand this one to you, the wonderful denizens of Fab.

If someone you're sending a message to asks for a face pic to be attached, and your site avatar is already your face, would you also attach a face pic even though it's visible in the message from said avatar? Or would that result in a somewhat awkward "Hi, here's two of me!" situation? I never want to not follow instructions, but it feels like I'm potentially insulting their intelligence if I attach a pic of something that's already there."

I think that it would be fine if you sent one or didn’t send one, as long as you explain in your message why you have or haven’t sent one. If you don’t send one without explaining why you haven’t sent one then it will give the impression that you haven’t read the profile, if you do send one then it could appear a bit weird unless you say that you’ve sent it because it was specifically asked for and you were just doing as they asked. I doubt there will be any awkwardness as long as you explain yourself properly.

By *addle12121212Man 8 weeks ago

s74

"So there's an interesting thing I've been ruminating over and I'm still not entirely sure what the consensus would be, so I hand this one to you, the wonderful denizens of Fab.

If someone you're sending a message to asks for a face pic to be attached, and your site avatar is already your face, would you also attach a face pic even though it's visible in the message from said avatar? Or would that result in a somewhat awkward "Hi, here's two of me!" situation? I never want to not follow instructions, but it feels like I'm potentially insulting their intelligence if I attach a pic of something that's already there."

I don’t think we have much choice

By *poolGuyMan 8 weeks ago

Liverpool

I've started to take the position of I will send a face pic, if asked, provided the profile asking has a face pic either as their profile pic or one of their profile pics.

By *exyguy76Man 8 weeks ago

lancashire

I hav pictures on my profile but not face ones, due to discretion. I sent a face picture with my first message to a person, as they asked on there profile, But received nothing back. Took it they weren't keen on my looks. Have also seen other profiles that ask for a face pic on first message.

By *issmorganWoman 8 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

If you've got a face pic visible, I'd say it's fine not to attach one op.

By *alandNitaCouple 8 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

If I was contacting someone "unsolicited", then I would always include a face pic... it just seems sensible.

Cal

By *asterMeliodas OP   Man 8 weeks ago

Near Keith

"If I was contacting someone "unsolicited", then I would always include a face pic... it just seems sensible.

Cal"

That's what I thought too, but then realised that my avatar is *already* my face so I send a face pic with every message I send even if I don't attach one.

I suppose the logical thing is to attach one, but a different one from my avatar.

By *rad670Man 8 weeks ago

South Lakes

If I've been chatting to someone for a while and they've not asked for one I preume it's not top of their list of priorities, on the other hand if after a while then they ask for a face pic I do send one then 50% of the time all the chatting has been a waste of time as my face is more my age than my body, weather worn, rugged whatever you want to call it. I sometimes wish if it was important then people would ask early on because at the end of the day although many say personality is more important it still comes down to them wanting a good peronality, decent body and george clooneys face, not a combination you find in older gents in general.

By *iscreetstokecoupleCouple 8 weeks ago

Newcastle

When Mrs is looking for a male to meet we open it for males to msg sand state must attach face pic. We then delete all msg without a pic attached as to us it means they

1) didn't read Or 2) couldnt follow what we wanted so could do same if mrs says no to something if she met them.

By *ucka39Man 8 weeks ago

Newcastle

But what if they don't have any photos would you still send, nope

Near Keith

"If I've been chatting to someone for a while and they've not asked for one I preume it's not top of their list of priorities, on the other hand if after a while then they ask for a face pic I do send one then 50% of the time all the chatting has been a waste of time as my face is more my age than my body, weather worn, rugged whatever you want to call it. I sometimes wish if it was important then people would ask early on because at the end of the day although many say personality is more important it still comes down to them wanting a good peronality, decent body and george clooneys face, not a combination you find in older gents in general."

To clarify, I was talking specifically about profiles that state in the bio they want a face pic to be attached to the first message.

By *lirtyAndFunCouple 8 weeks ago

Rushden

A lot of profile pics aren't actually viewable as they've been moved to friends only so you cant really see them too well on mobile.

I need a face pic as I'm a "hotwife" that meets solo, it helps put my mind at ease with meeting someone.

I cant speak for others but its a safety blanket type thing for me

Near Keith

"A lot of profile pics aren't actually viewable as they've been moved to friends only so you cant really see them too well on mobile.

I need a face pic as I'm a "hotwife" that meets solo, it helps put my mind at ease with meeting someone.

I cant speak for others but its a safety blanket type thing for me "

Y'know, although I haven't had that particular issue as my profile pics have always been public, I never considered the angle of the profile pic not being as large as the attachments.

Yeah, that's actually a great reason on its own to attach one anyway, thank you for that!

By *iceman123Man 8 weeks ago

southeast , Herts, Beds

My brain hurts

By *ophieslutTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Central

Yes, probably

By *unnyJuggler69Woman 8 weeks ago

Whitley Bay

I had a social today with a man who hadn't seen my face. He'd seen some body shots and read my verifications, that was enough for him.

I'm not gonna send my face to any Tom, Dick, or Harry. They'll all send me their dick tho, whether I want it or not

By *om5699Man 8 weeks ago

Rayleigh

I live in a very quiet area surrounded by vulnerable people. If someone wants me to accommodate (to fulfill their sexual desires), it is not unreasonable of me to request a face picture, before allowing that person or persons in my home.

By (user no longer on site) 8 weeks ago

I have this on my profile. If your profile pic is already your face I wouldn’t expect you to send another

However I guess some people look for the image attached symbol and are swift to delete those without it

By *isa2018Couple 8 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

The avatar pic is only small and can't be enlarged, unless it is also included in public pics. It isn't really any effort to include in a message so I don't see why yiu wouldn't. I do all the fab stuff (M) and we get lots of messages sometimes that I have to run by S, and a good face and torso pic is what she will go on to decide if we want to talk further and meet for a social or more. There just isn't time to do more than this quick sharp assessment of who to engage with from the number of contacts received.

By *unner6969Man 8 weeks ago

st. albans

You may need to still send a pic. I know that some look to see if there’s a pic attached to a message before they even consider opening it.

By (user no longer on site) 8 weeks ago

Send two if not three or four, most won't reply anyway, just a cattle market for seeing who might be interested in them with most not interested in meets etc.

By *scaMan 8 weeks ago

Herts / London / Beyond

Some thoughts on the ‘send face pic’ issue:

I’m a big believer in equality - which I know isn’t a criteria Fab operates on, for reasons I fully appreciate - but it’s always better when both parties share a face pic. Feels fairer, more honest.

I also don’t mind it when neither do initially (like myself - I’m not a big fan of the URL that is stamped on the image permanently - in these days of AI I’m not sure that’s the wisest thing, depending on how precious you are about such matters). I much prefer jumping to an encrypted message app after a bit of a chat to make things more conversational and share un-water marked images. Not for everyone I know, but if it gives some comfort to both parties initially, that can only be a good thing right?

The sending of face pics does seem to be a bit of a contentious issue here, maybe there’s a better way? Open to hearing if so.

By *ockforplay66Man 8 weeks ago

Southampton/isle of wight/ everywhere

If a face pic is asked for I will send, as my avatar doesn’t include a face pic. However, I am less inclined to send a face pic, and therefore make initial contact, if the people asking for a face pic don’t have one publicly available on their profile.

It like a game of poker, having to show your cards before the other player has even sat down at the table! Lol

» Add a new message to this topic