FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > How to spot a fake profile...

How to spot a fake profile...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *attoosandBoobs23 OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

Manchester

Any advice, tips or general clues despite the obvious, when trying to spot a fake profile?

We keep hearing that there's an increasing number of convincing fake profiles.

So is there anything you look for?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nebworthMan 3 weeks ago

Knebworth

If it is too good to be true, then it probably is fake.

By *ucka39Man 3 weeks ago

Newcastle

Use your gut instinct can't go wrong

By *ucka39Man 3 weeks ago

Newcastle

"If it is too good to be true, then it probably is fake."

Most of my meets have been to good to be true and they were fantastic even prior to seeing a photo

By *iss DevilWoman 3 weeks ago

Bedford

I'm guessing you're talking about fake women or couples profiles? In my experience, the main one is, that if they try to turn the conversation overly sexual very early on, it's most likely not a woman you're talking to. Might still be a couple, but the male part. Secondly, if they almost immediately try to take the conversation away from Fab, they are, most likely, not who they say they are. And if they have been here for longer (I'd say 6 months+), with no veris- that mainly applies to female profiles.

Also, what the previous poster said is something to be aware of, too.

By *glyBettyTV/TS 3 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

Yes there are plenty of signs I look for to spot fakes, but for obvious reasons I'm going to keep them to myself rather than post them in the forums

By *melia DominaTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Fake profiles tend to have very little information on them.

You can also reverse image search pictures to see if they have been pulled from another place.

As other have already said. Conversations turn sexual very quickly and they want to move it off site quickly.

By *rafter69Man 3 weeks ago

upminster

Seeing a member join and get a verification within 30 seconds.

By *issy_named_cTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"Fake profiles tend to have very little information on them.

You can also reverse image search pictures to see if they have been pulled from another place.

As other have already said. Conversations turn sexual very quickly and they want to move it off site quickly.

"

How do you do this reverse image thing?

By *glyBettyTV/TS 3 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

"Fake profiles tend to have very little information on them.

How do you do this reverse image thing?"

Google "Tineye". There are also others..

You basically download the pics of a suspected fake, upload them to Tineye & it checks for duplicates anywhere on the internet.

Fake profiles tend to use images cribbed from other places rather than their own photos.

By *issy_named_cTV/TS 3 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Would also show you then if your own pics have been scraped and being used elsewhere I assume, rich out what I'm always concerned about

By *andPextraCouple 3 weeks ago

North West

Ask them for a face to face video call, ladies only.

9 out of 10 we ask for this disappear.

With the likes of telegram they don’t even need to share a phone number.

I understand SOME may be genuine and may simply not want to do this, but we think its a good tool.

If someone is genuine and wants to meet us a “proof of your existence” video chat doesn't seem unreasonable.

By *oe n JayCouple 3 weeks ago

Surrey

Sometimes you just can't tell unfortunately

By *DW1983Man 3 weeks ago

Aberdeen, Leeds, Sheffield

One thing I've found on other (dating) sites, but not so much on here, is profiles from women where all the pictures are in obviously foreign rooms. Things like light switches, plug sockets, internal doors, radiators, windows, even skirting boards - British houses nearly all have the same type or style, and anything else is so obviously foreign.

OK, I know people post holiday shots etc, but it's easy to see the difference between a hotel room and someone's home.

On here, blank profiles or ones with generic text usually ring alarm bells. Ones which say nothing apart from 'looking for a hot guy right now' (she might well be, but there'll be a cost involved.. ) or make a veiled reference to arrangements, daddy, content, etc.

By *wendolineFoxWoman 3 weeks ago

Chester

"Ask them for a face to face video call, ladies only.

I understand SOME may be genuine and may simply not want to do this, but we think its a good tool.

If someone is genuine and wants to meet us a “proof of your existence” video chat doesn't seem unreasonable. "

I’d be one of your 9 - I’d sooner not anyone have the chance to screenshot me, and I find 2D/phone conversations hard to deal with at the best of times. But then again, my first meeting would only ever be a social and I’d never purposely meet someone who had to travel much of a distance - so the risk is low(er) on both sides.

By *iss DevilWoman 3 weeks ago

Bedford

If someone is genuine and wants to meet us a “proof of your existence” video chat doesn't seem unreasonable. "

I am genuine (I think my veris prove it) but I would never agree to a video chat just to "prove my existence". Luckily, I only meet in clubs nowadays so no need to jump through hoops.

By *andPextraCouple 3 weeks ago

North West

If someone is genuine and wants to meet us a “proof of your existence” video chat doesn't seem unreasonable.

I am genuine (I think my veris prove it) but I would never agree to a video chat just to "prove my existence". Luckily, I only meet in clubs nowadays so no need to jump through hoops. "

We all have our way of doing things, has to be right doesnt it

By *rpeggioCouple 3 weeks ago

Baughurst

"Seeing a member join and get a verification within 30 seconds. "

__

Nothing wrong with that. And you can't know how long it's taken for the verification after joining.

By *edVelvet XWoman 3 weeks ago

Here and there

If a man is pretending to be a woman it’s pretty easy to tell after a few messages.

Women instinctively know if they’re talking to another woman and it’s very easy to catch someone out.

By *issyslutforuseMan 3 weeks ago

Bourne lincs

And cpls claiming to be cpls and clearly not. Site is full of fake people. Shame but

By *xstevenxxMan 3 weeks ago

Ashbourne

If I could give 1 tip

Always trust ur gut feeling

By *acky RacersCouple 3 weeks ago

Lincoln

I’d be one of your 9 - I’d sooner not anyone have the chance to screenshot me, and I find 2D/phone conversations hard to deal with at the best of times. But then again, my first meeting would only ever be a social and I’d never purposely meet someone who had to travel much of a distance - so the risk is low(er) on both sides."

Me too...I don't do video calls with friends or family let alone strangers off a swinging site...

If people think I'm a fake because of that, so be it...

By *rpeggioCouple 3 weeks ago

Baughurst

The most difficult to spot are fake profiles of women pretending to be single men...

By *herryEatersCouple 3 weeks ago

East Cheshire

"Any advice, tips or general clues despite the obvious, when trying to spot a fake profile?

We keep hearing that there's an increasing number of convincing fake profiles.

So is there anything you look for? "

Very difficult these days !!. In general look for those with plenty on their profile (written and photos) and recent verifications. Always say social first to out misleading face pics and single guys posing as couples ..

By *olandCouple 3 weeks ago

Portlaoise

yes that is the problem. But in order not to fall into the trap: 1. you must have registered a long time ago, 2. you cannot write a letter more than twice without an answer, 3. you must have confirmation with an adequate couple, 4. the form must contain a sincere description, 5. you are a gold or silver subscriber. 6. photos with both partners, due to couples I think that these points help to avoid uncertainty.

By *teveanddebsCouple 3 weeks ago

Norwich

"Yes there are plenty of signs I look for to spot fakes, but for obvious reasons I'm going to keep them to myself rather than post them in the forums"

Exactly, these threads always develop into a primer for those that like to fuck people about or are just collecting wank fodder.

By *teveanddebsCouple 3 weeks ago

Norwich

We must be fake then. Damn, after 20 years together we find out we are fake. You'd think we'd have noticed before now!

By *ojo2joWoman 3 weeks ago

Penclawdd

I’d be one of your 9 - I’d sooner not anyone have the chance to screenshot me, and I find 2D/phone conversations hard to deal with at the best of times. But then again, my first meeting would only ever be a social and I’d never purposely meet someone who had to travel much of a distance - so the risk is low(er) on both sides."

Totally agree, I hate seeing myself on screen (eg work calls) so a video call is not for me either.

I also don’t see the need to communicate away from here either, prefer the safety of the messaging here.

By *ojo2joWoman 3 weeks ago

Penclawdd

I am genuine (I think my veris prove it) but I would never agree to a video chat just to "prove my existence". Luckily, I only meet in clubs nowadays so no need to jump through hoops. "

Agree

By *rsKOTCTWoman 3 weeks ago

Leeds

Follow the verification trail.

Immediate sex talk is usually someone wanting a wank now & won't ever meet.

There generally easy to spot tbh.

By *oonshadow700Woman 3 weeks ago

Gosport

I'm genuine but I don't agree to video calls before meeting in person, I don't like phone calls etc with people I haven't met.

By *oonshadow700Woman 3 weeks ago

Gosport

"Seeing a member join and get a verification within 30 seconds.

We must be fake then. Damn, after 20 years together we find out we are fake. You'd think we'd have noticed before now! "

Not necessarily true, I have rejoined fab a couple of times and have had to set my profile up from scratch all over again and have rebuilt my veris promptly because of people knowing me personally from being here previously so they are quick to resend their veris for me x

By *rsKOTCTWoman 3 weeks ago

Leeds

That's me fake them

By *ottubduoCouple 3 weeks ago

Yorkshire

I’d be one of your 9 - I’d sooner not anyone have the chance to screenshot me, and I find 2D/phone conversations hard to deal with at the best of times. But then again, my first meeting would only ever be a social and I’d never purposely meet someone who had to travel much of a distance - so the risk is low(er) on both sides.

Me too...I don't do video calls with friends or family let alone strangers off a swinging site...

If people think I'm a fake because of that, so be it..."

I think we can tell your profile is real

By *uckurcumMan 3 weeks ago

County Durham .Bishop Auckland

Word of caution to guys,although they may target women too ...

Scammers from eastern Europe that appear,usually good looking,generally say based in London,and after a few messages they ask to go into email rather than communicate on site ...

They are very clever at what they do and eventually lead up to a request for money ... If you know what your doing it's entertaining to lead them along but I can see many a lonely unsuspecting person sending them the money ..

By *izandpaulCouple 3 weeks ago

merseyside

Been on a year and no verifications, not even a social.

It's not 100% but saves so much time.

I think if you take FAB as a swingers site where 75% don't swing, you can't go far wrong.

By *otstuff69xCouple 3 weeks ago

dundee

ask for more than 1 pict together.usually works lol

By *anJenny 181Couple 3 weeks ago

Preston

Sometimes you really can't tell & some people on fab just want to take the piss, they will have veryfication's and be site supporters etc

Avoid no pic accounts

Must have a few veryfications 3 or 4

Also try and video call

If possible.

We have been suckered but simply laugh about it & we have found a few interesting car parks to have a fumble together when our date bottles it and don't turn up.

Hey good luck & have great fun

By *ickie76XXXMan 3 weeks ago

dartford

I don’t see what fake profiles, other than waste genuine peoples time actually achieve really.

I think we are all not silly enough to start sending money to random people aren’t we? So other than someone pretending to be someone they are not for their own odd reasons is it not easier just to ignore them.

Even giving fake profiles out precious time messaging about them is a win for them. Genuine people can tell other genuine people so that’s what really matters is it not ?

By *mimrgreyMan 3 weeks ago

lancaster

Been on here a longtime over a year never had a meet up dunno why polite in messages change profile pics numerous times been funny and witty in my profile etc im not a fake either

By *inky Bear and VicsCouple 3 weeks ago

Northern Ireland

Twice now I have been contacted by people who live far away but have reason to be in my area. The first one was regular stays at a nearby hotel for work and the second was an ailing parent in a nursing home that required twice monthly visits. Both asked for my email address in the first message but I ignored the request but I did reply to the message. In the first instance quite a few messages exchanged.

When they pushed then for an email address I simply stated that my partner and I have agreed to only go off platform after we've met in person. They promptly disappeared.

So new red flag is incoming travellers who want to go off platform. You might think this is obvious but it wasn't to me.

I'm new to all this (Mrs) but learning fast.

By *enelope2UWoman 3 weeks ago

Fife

They say they are a good guy

By *eogeo123Man 3 weeks ago

hamilton

Don't think you can capture profile pics from here

Only view them is possible is t it ?

By *lleyCat1969Man 3 weeks ago

Folkestone

"Don't think you can capture profile pics from here

Only view them is possible is t it ?"

Screenshots and 'save as' both work on here.

By *lossomTreeWoman 3 weeks ago

Ipswich

I have a few red flags to spot fake couples accounts, but would rather not share for obvious reasons

» Add a new message to this topic