FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Coronovirus

Coronovirus

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ralsatisfaction OP   Man  over a year ago

South Lanarkshire

Is anyone worried about attending group meetings and clubs?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

This has been covered several times in the other forums.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is anyone worried about attending group meetings and clubs?"
don't go if your worried about it

"Is anyone worried about attending group meetings and clubs?"

far less people at a group meeting and club, than there is in Tesco or Asda

(think about it)

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Is anyone worried about attending group meetings and clubs?don't go if your worried about it"

Spot on

The chances of getting it very slim. Unless you go to Italy

"The chances of getting it very slim. Unless you go to Italy "

Are you a spokesman for the WHO then?

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

My parents were due do go for thier 50th anniversary but have been told by the insurance company that they will not refund them if they do not go.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

My mum is going to Italy in June. She is worried but does not want to cancel in case she looses her money.

By *xybumWoman  over a year ago

East Kilbride

"The chances of getting it very slim. Unless you go to Italy

Are you a spokesman for the WHO then? "

He could be a psychic?

By *MARUBIXCUBEWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Is anyone worried about attending group meetings and clubs?don't go if your worried about it"
Your just a bundle of joy and happiness dude

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Apparently if your going on holiday of you get a doctors note saying your a susceptible then your insurance covers you.

That was on the news a few days ago.

End of the day you gotta get on with yer life's an stop worrying about it. I work in the public sector. An were in contact with all sorts. That including searching. We don't even ware any gloves, To protect our selves.. But now that may change in the coming weeks

Falkirk

"Apparently if your going on holiday of you get a doctors note saying your a susceptible then your insurance covers you.

That was on the news a few days ago."

Can you tell us if there is a link for this and what channel as the insurance company has told them they will not be refunded.

"Apparently if your going on holiday of you get a doctors note saying your a susceptible then your insurance covers you.

That was on the news a few days ago.

Can you tell us if there is a link for this and what channel as the insurance company has told them they will not be refunded."

can't got link it. Try looking at bbc news page

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

1st uk death reported scary stuff.

Falkirk

Yep just logged on to the BBC website to look for a link and seen it.

By *etLikeMan  over a year ago

most fundamental aspects

The rules on insurance are generally quite clear.

If you have a pre existing condition and that condition has already been reported to your insurer, then they may pay out. They are the point of last resort and will usually tell you to try for a refund from your tour operator or airline first.

If you don’t want to go because of concern, that is NOT covered by insurance. Their technical term is disinclination of travel.

most fundamental aspects

That was on the news a few days ago."

So getting a doctors note now is way too late. The insurance company will ask why they were not told you have a condition when you took out the policy.

If you get something new, like a lung infection or whatever, then maybe but if it’s something you’ve had for some time, it’s made clear in insurance that you have to tell them when you start the policy.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"My mum is going to Italy in June. She is worried but does not want to cancel in case she looses her money.

"

That's still 3 months away. Fingers crossed by then it's access all areas again x

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

"My mum is going to Italy in June. She is worried but does not want to cancel in case she looses her money.

That's still 3 months away. Fingers crossed by then it's access all areas again x"

Access to good laboratories world wide with data shared should help.

What's cracking me up is that it's taken a pandemic for some clatty bastards to realise they need to wash their hands after they've been for a Turkish! Hardly any liquid soap in the supermarket today....is this not part of your weekly shop? Why the need to stockpile???

Same for any venue you go to.

Toilets not clean properly

Especially the busy venues.

Sertin football stadiums are as bad not properly maintained I'm not nameing any an have been to sevral

"Same for any venue you go to.

Sertin football stadiums are as bad not properly maintained I'm not nameing any an have been to sevral"

Have you ever made an official complaint about them. ?

By *eather47Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

The rugby is still on at the weekend dont know if that is a wise thing to be happening

"The rugby is still on at the weekend dont know if that is a wise thing to be happening "
England Game is off

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

It’s only a matter of time before large events are cancelled. There’s several football matches and local rugby games over the weekend so why should the international rugby be cancelled? It would need to be everything cancelled for it to be effective.

By *tsallthesame77Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 06/03/20 00:54:15]

edinburgh

Wish people would stop scaremongering!

This is not a pandemic (yet it might turn into one but we are not at that stage yet) swine flu was much worse than this!

edinburgh

"The rugby is still on at the weekend dont know if that is a wise thing to be happening England Game is off"

Only reason England game is off is because it was in Italy

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

Haha yeah cmon guys, do the research. The only reason that people are freaking out is because they are all a little racist. It's like the whole MSG thing, no there is no scientific proof that it causes cancer, but use white westerners love finding an excuse to excersise our internalised racist thoughts.

Right now it's fine, it's just a difference mutation of a virus that looks like a crown. Coronaviruses have been about for years and diagnosed for years, there is a good chance you could have had one! Covid-19 is just a strain, which has some nasty symptoms.

We are all good right now, dont freak out too much, just wash your hands

"The rugby is still on at the weekend dont know if that is a wise thing to be happening England Game is off

Only reason England game is off is because it was in Italy "

Scotland game won't be off or any other sporting or high gathering in scotland or in England as its not at critical stage

"Haha yeah cmon guys, do the research. The only reason that people are freaking out is because they are all a little racist. It's like the whole MSG thing, no there is no scientific proof that it causes cancer, but use white westerners love finding an excuse to excersise our internalised racist thoughts.

Right now it's fine, it's just a difference mutation of a virus that looks like a crown. Coronaviruses have been about for years and diagnosed for years, there is a good chance you could have had one! Covid-19 is just a strain, which has some nasty symptoms.

We are all good right now, dont freak out too much, just wash your hands "

I agree folk need to calm down but seriously doubt the hysteria is due to some latent racism.

Falkirk

"Haha yeah cmon guys, do the research. The only reason that people are freaking out is because they are all a little racist. It's like the whole MSG thing, no there is no scientific proof that it causes cancer, but use white westerners love finding an excuse to excersise our internalised racist thoughts.

We are all good right now, dont freak out too much, just wash your hands "

I don't understand why people that are freaking out are racist?

Kinross doctors surgery is closed

door is taped closed for deep clean

shop keepers saying one person in Kinross has been isolated with corona virus

most fundamental aspects

"The only reason that people are freaking out is because they are all a little racist."

I wouldn’t say it is the only reason and as it is, it’s a minor reason. I came home from a month in Malaysia in early January and for three weeks people were admiring my tan and saying how jealous they were of my Christmas and new year in paradise.

Only after the news stories built up, did people start to make “jokes” about my trip. Then pretty much every day, I’ve had insinuations from people, mostly educated professionals who I work alongside about Malaysia being a “hot spot” of infection.

The jokes seemed to have tailed off a bit in recent days and especially when I tell people that Malaysia has fewer (about half) the cases that the UK now has.

So is it racism or is it small minded, parochial xenophobia, of which there is a difference?

Glasgow

well i have a cold and i am coughing but as i have asthma that is the reason but i sincerely hope this virus doesnt spread ive had some funny looks when ive been out espescially on the buses x

"The only reason that people are freaking out is because they are all a little racist.

I wouldn’t say it is the only reason and as it is, it’s a minor reason. I came home from a month in Malaysia in early January and for three weeks people were admiring my tan and saying how jealous they were of my Christmas and new year in paradise.

Only after the news stories built up, did people start to make “jokes” about my trip. Then pretty much every day, I’ve had insinuations from people, mostly educated professionals who I work alongside about Malaysia being a “hot spot” of infection.

The jokes seemed to have tailed off a bit in recent days and especially when I tell people that Malaysia has fewer (about half) the cases that the UK now has.

So is it racism or is it small minded, parochial xenophobia, of which there is a difference?"

Probably just to do with you being on holiday in the direction of the world where it all seems to have started. Nothing to do with the colour of skin- just geography. Obviously its spreading but I think the same will be said about any other country or region within a country (UK included) that has hotspots.

Mrs

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I dont think you men need to worry if you can survive man flu you can survive anything

By *ude bhoy 300Man  over a year ago

east kilbride

I run a mortuary and dont have any worries at all, its a mild flu at best so everyone should calm down. I agree its worrying that people dont seem to buy soap frequently

By *agman1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I dont think you men need to worry if you can survive man flu you can survive anything "

Correct

Central Borders

[Removed by poster at 06/03/20 17:03:11]

Central Borders

"I run a mortuary and dont have any worries at all, its a mild flu at best so everyone should calm down. I agree its worrying that people dont seem to buy soap frequently "

Not quite a mild flu....

But them, if they make it to yours they definitely won't need to worry anymore x

Central Borders

"I run a mortuary and dont have any worries at all, its a mild flu at best so everyone should calm down. I agree its worrying that people dont seem to buy soap frequently

Not quite a mild flu....

But them, if they make it to yours they definitely won't need to worry anymore x"

*then

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I run a mortuary and dont have any worries at all, its a mild flu at best so everyone should calm down. I agree its worrying that people dont seem to buy soap frequently "

A mild flu that the elderly and vulnerable can be vaccinated against to lower the risk of complications which flu brings. There’s no vaccine for covid19.

The first case in Italy was confirmed a few weeks before it was here in the UK and look how many new cases and deaths are being reported on a daily basis

Regrettably I expect similar numbers here within a few weeks

Glasgow

Ever heard the saying it is better to be safe than sorry I think if anyone has any worries they shouldnt really go anywhere they think risky but that is everyones own choice

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Ever heard the saying it is better to be safe than sorry I think if anyone has any worries they shouldnt really go anywhere they think risky but that is everyones own choice "

Life is a risk. Where is safe these days?. When your numbers up its up so i will continue to live my life as normal.

I think most folk will be fine but do feel genuinely sorry for the elderly and those in poor health. A wee lady in work the other day was close to tears as she couldn't get any hand sanitiser so I gave her my stash. Can't be nice living with that anxiety day to day.

"Is anyone worried about attending group meetings and clubs?

(think about it)"

Aye but do you get as close to the people in Asda/Tesco as you do at a group meeting?

(think about it)

Aye but do you get as close to the people in Asda/Tesco as you do at a group meeting?"

Aye...I've wrestled with a few folk trying to get a "whoopsie" yellow sticker deal!

By *ine of BootyCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow/ Manchester

It’s all just went bonkers, football teams now not shaking hands across all levels of the sport....but they will still still spit on the pitch that they all play on, share water bottles, grapple whilst playing and hug when they score.

But let’s not shake hands to stop the spread

By *rgoodnbadMan  over a year ago

greenock

"It’s all just went bonkers, football teams now not shaking hands across all levels of the sport....but they will still still spit on the pitch that they all play on, share water bottles, grapple whilst playing and hug when they score.

But let’s not shake hands to stop the spread "

Yep, don't shake hands but it's alright to fill football stadiums across the country each holding 40 to 60 thousand spectators, who've flown or travelled on supporters buses, used public transport and in some cases from other countries to meet up in bars for drinks prior to and to then sit shoulder to shoulder, knee to knee for the next couple of hours.

Anyway Public enemy called it right,

Don't believe the hype.

(think about it)

Aye but do you get as close to the people in Asda/Tesco as you do at a group meeting?

Aye...I've wrestled with a few folk trying to get a "whoopsie" yellow sticker deal!"

Dont joke about it the struggle is real.lol

"Ever heard the saying it is better to be safe than sorry I think if anyone has any worries they shouldnt really go anywhere they think risky but that is everyones own choice

Life is a risk. Where is safe these days?. When your numbers up its up so i will continue to live my life as normal."

What she said if your base is up it's up. If your fit and healthy the worst that will happen is a bad flu like virus

By *ering SeaMan  over a year ago

Penicuik

Someone who uses Scotstoun Stadium has been identified as having Coronavirus.

Believed to be a staff member.

Shits just got real

edinburgh

"Someone who uses Scotstoun Stadium has been identified as having Coronavirus.

Shits just got real "

Wasn’t a staff member it’s a member of woman’s rugby team and she was in Italy she’s isolated and is very well!!!

Penicuik

Shits just got real

Wasn’t a staff member it’s a member of woman’s rugby team and she was in Italy she’s isolated and is very well!!! "

That’s good to hear. Place will be closed I imagine.

edinburgh

Shits just got real

Wasn’t a staff member it’s a member of woman’s rugby team and she was in Italy she’s isolated and is very well!!!

That’s good to hear. Place will be closed I imagine. "

Don’t think so! why would it??

Penicuik

Shits just got real

That’s good to hear. Place will be closed I imagine.

Don’t think so! why would it?? "

Glasgow club twitter posted at 8:41 thats it’s closed. Probably for a deep clean

Penicuik

Someone who uses Scotstoun Stadium has been identified as having Coronavirus.

We have temporarily closed Scotstoun Sports Campus and will take appropriate measures in the interests of everyone who uses it. Other Glasgow Club venues open as planned. We will update here ASAP. 08:41

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We have temporarily closed Scotstoun Sports Campus and will take appropriate measures in the interests of everyone who uses it. Other Glasgow Club venues open as planned. We will update here ASAP. 08:41"

Apparently it's one of the female rugby players, today's game postponed according to Twitter last night

K

Penicuik

We have temporarily closed Scotstoun Sports Campus and will take appropriate measures in the interests of everyone who uses it. Other Glasgow Club venues open as planned. We will update here ASAP. 08:41

Apparently it's one of the female rugby players, today's game postponed according to Twitter last night

K"

They just updated the now that remains closed until Heath authorities give it the all clear.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

But what about the children??

Cram yer coronovirus up where the sun don't shine.

More people carc it from the common cold each year yet you don't see the media running around causing panic over that...

But then the common cold is not a failed bio weapon released from Chinese labs.

edinburgh

"Cram yer coronovirus up where the sun don't shine.

More people carc it from the common cold each year yet you don't see the media running around causing panic over that...

But then the common cold is not a failed bio weapon released from Chinese labs. "

Just over 100,000 positive tests world wide since January and almost 60,000 are recovered and well! Why are we not hearing about that? Well because that doesn’t fit the tv/papers sensationalism

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

K"

Female 6 nations Scot v France cancelled as one of Scottish squad tested positive. Been self isolated by SR in Village Hotel since Thursday!

By *argaidMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Have you read the actual percentage chances of getting this? The infection rate is in the low single per cent range. If you're healthy it really is little more than a mild flu, with many of the infected developing no symptoms at all. It is only a worry for the elderly or those with pre existing conditions. 1st UK death? Man in his 80s with pre-existing ailments. Terrifying.

See if they reported the climate catastrophe with anything like this vigour we'd have cut emissions to carbon neutral a decade ago. And that IS something we need to worry about.

"Have you read the actual percentage chances of getting this? The infection rate is in the low single per cent range. If you're healthy it really is little more than a mild flu, with many of the infected developing no symptoms at all. It is only a worry for the elderly or those with pre existing conditions. 1st UK death? Man in his 80s with pre-existing ailments. Terrifying.

See if they reported the climate catastrophe with anything like this vigour we'd have cut emissions to carbon neutral a decade ago. And that IS something we need to worry about."

First UK death was a woman in her 70's, the 2nd UK death was a man in his 80's.

It doesn't matter on how contagious the virus is, it's the fact if it spreads further it can infect those who's system can't cope. The authorities are trying to protect the weak and vulnerable.

"Same for any venue you go to.

Sertin football stadiums are as bad not properly maintained I'm not nameing any an have been to sevral

Have you ever made an official complaint about them. ?"

yes we have an nothing gets done

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

"Have you read the actual percentage chances of getting this? The infection rate is in the low single per cent range. If you're healthy it really is little more than a mild flu, with many of the infected developing no symptoms at all. It is only a worry for the elderly or those with pre existing conditions. 1st UK death? Man in his 80s with pre-existing ailments. Terrifying.

See if they reported the climate catastrophe with anything like this vigour we'd have cut emissions to carbon neutral a decade ago. And that IS something we need to worry about.

First UK death was a woman in her 70's, the 2nd UK death was a man in his 80's.

It doesn't matter on how contagious the virus is, it's the fact if it spreads further it can infect those who's system can't cope. The authorities are trying to protect the weak and vulnerable. "

I hope when it eventually passes everyone keeps up with the hand cleaning etc

edinburgh

It scares me that people think stock piling toilet roll is the answer.

And what on earth have people been doing for hand hygiene before!

Humans are dafties

By *ungblackbullMan  over a year ago

scotland

"It scares me that people think stock piling toilet roll is the answer.

And what on earth have people been doing for hand hygiene before!

Humans are dafties "

You wouldn't want to be in a position where you couldn't get hold of either.

By *eefyBangerMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

See if they reported the climate catastrophe with anything like this vigour we'd have cut emissions to carbon neutral a decade ago. And that IS something we need to worry about."

Your 4th sentence is wherein lies the problem. Healthy people will contract it and carry it for a period off time but just because it won’t affect them in any great way doesn’t mean they can’t pass it on to the elderly and vulnerable

Your ignorance is deafening

Personally I'm not too worried and I'm certainly not panic buying or scared.

What does get me is that many of the people panic buying are perhaps leaving the most vulnerable in our society at risk because they can't afford to.

I can't help but feel the panic buying is a tad selfish.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

No more at risk than you would be in other public area. People are still going to gyms, sports centres, sporting events, shopping centres, using public transport.

I’m just back from Braehead and it was busy. Ice hockey match on today as well.

"I’m just back from Braehead and it was busy. Ice hockey match on today as well. "

Any people in masks over there? I was shocked by how many people were strolling around Glasgow centre with them on.

"I’m just back from Braehead and it was busy. Ice hockey match on today as well.

Any people in masks over there? I was shocked by how many people were strolling around Glasgow centre with them on. "

Honestly? Not helpful at all, I know, but I'd be sorely tempted to run up and ping them back onto their face like a Santa beard!

"No more at risk than you would be in other public area. People are still going to gyms, sports centres, sporting events, shopping centres, using public transport.

I’m just back from Braehead and it was busy. Ice hockey match on today as well. "

I was at the swimming today with the kids. Mobbed.

I work in a retail park I shall nameless. Its all good people going about there own business. An enjoying themselves.

» Add a new message to this topic