FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Tips for single guys?

Tips for single guys?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustsmileitscool OP   Man 4 days ago

Glasgow

This sites a real confidence killer!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *cottishMrsWoman 4 days ago

Wishaw

Get along to the clubs, and the socials. It's the best, and easiest, way for people to see you're real and genuine. And don't be afraid to ask people to verify you if you've been chatting. Everyone understands how hard it is to find your feet on the scene, so most people are really receptive to leaving a verification to help you x

By *lasgowHorseyMan 4 days ago

Glasgow

"This sites a real confidence killer!! "

Honestly, don't take this the wrong way or take it personally,

'No it is not'.

Yeah there are some egits and mental cases but all in all you can have a great time on here, a wee bit of perseverance yeah but no one to blame but themselves, as every avenue is open to you.

By *rsMxCouple 4 days ago

Glasgow

"Get along to the clubs, and the socials. It's the best, and easiest, way for people to see you're real and genuine. And don't be afraid to ask people to verify you if you've been chatting. Everyone understands how hard it is to find your feet on the scene, so most people are really receptive to leaving a verification to help you x"

Agree with this - get to socials or to the clubs

By *ot the Same99Man 3 days ago

Fife

Not everyone wants to go to socials or club events. For some people this is a part of their life but not their whole life or persona. Some people use this for a bit of a distraction or toilet reading and don't get heavily involved in the "community". Telling everyone to "get to clubs or social events" doesn't suit everyone.

My opinion on this site after being on and off for over a decade is, the experience for single men is much different than that of single women or couples.

Single men have to have something special to get the attention of woman to make them reach out to you first so you end up sending the first message and understand that it will be lost in the hundreds of messages women get every day. Yes all the women here regardless of looks or personality in profile get hundreds of messages every day and that is what you are challenged with. Standing out from the rest.

Unless your profile picture looks like you are a muscled superhero with a fat, footlong dick, you are going to be doing all the work to find some here.

Women only need to look available (being on this site alone implies that they are available) to get inundated with messages and interest from men. Men actually have to have something of more value like a personality, attractive appearance, non threatening/sleazy impression.

So yes, getting along to socials and club nights is good PR and a way of overcoming the preconceptions of certain types of fab members but it defeats the purpose of having a profile on fab.

Try just being yourself and not putting too much importance on this site to find someone to have fun with. Don't pander; don't be be desperate; don't take rejection from a stranger to heart and let it ruin your confidence. Remember you see everyone here as what they present to you. Some of the most beautiful and popular people here could be dog kicking cunt bags in reality.

Treat the site for what it is. A hook up option for having sex with strangers. Don't try to dress it up as a "lifestyle platform".

Yes, I know that sounds bitter and woman hating but it really is the opposite. I've met some of my best friends in this site and it's because we all have the same outlook and sense of humour as a foundation.

You will find your people, you just have to filter out all the pish to see them.

By (user no longer on site) 3 days ago

"Not everyone wants to go to socials or club events. For some people this is a part of their life but not their whole life or persona. Some people use this for a bit of a distraction or toilet reading and don't get heavily involved in the "community". Telling everyone to "get to clubs or social events" doesn't suit everyone.

My opinion on this site after being on and off for over a decade is, the experience for single men is much different than that of single women or couples.

Single men have to have something special to get the attention of woman to make them reach out to you first so you end up sending the first message and understand that it will be lost in the hundreds of messages women get every day. Yes all the women here regardless of looks or personality in profile get hundreds of messages every day and that is what you are challenged with. Standing out from the rest.

Unless your profile picture looks like you are a muscled superhero with a fat, footlong dick, you are going to be doing all the work to find some here.

Women only need to look available (being on this site alone implies that they are available) to get inundated with messages and interest from men. Men actually have to have something of more value like a personality, attractive appearance, non threatening/sleazy impression.

So yes, getting along to socials and club nights is good PR and a way of overcoming the preconceptions of certain types of fab members but it defeats the purpose of having a profile on fab.

Try just being yourself and not putting too much importance on this site to find someone to have fun with. Don't pander; don't be be desperate; don't take rejection from a stranger to heart and let it ruin your confidence. Remember you see everyone here as what they present to you. Some of the most beautiful and popular people here could be dog kicking cunt bags in reality.

Treat the site for what it is. A hook up option for having sex with strangers. Don't try to dress it up as a "lifestyle platform".

Yes, I know that sounds bitter and woman hating but it really is the opposite. I've met some of my best friends in this site and it's because we all have the same outlook and sense of humour as a foundation.

You will find your people, you just have to filter out all the pish to see them.

"

This is pretty decent advice. And I don't think it sounds woman hating at all tbh. Just an honest perspective from a man on here.

By *ewcpl80Couple 3 days ago

Scotland

It's maybe worth having a little about yourself on your bio

By *lasgowHorseyMan 3 days ago

Glasgow

"Not everyone wants to go to socials or club events. For some people this is a part of their life but not their whole life or persona. Some people use this for a bit of a distraction or toilet reading and don't get heavily involved in the "community". Telling everyone to "get to clubs or social events" doesn't suit everyone.

"

Hey

"Not everyone wants to go to socials or club events. For some people this is a part of their life but not their whole life or persona. Some people use this for a bit of a distraction or toilet reading and don't get heavily involved in the "community". Telling everyone to "get to clubs or social events" doesn't suit everyone. "

Yeah agree but if wanting to meet then there is a greater chance of a meet happening.

But our profile is the big thing.

Guys come on here and say 'I need help finding a meet etc...' and the first thing on their profile is a cock pic, automatically they are losing over 50% of women. Sending crude messages or cock pics in a message, again 90% if not more of women will bin and probably block.

Regarding distraction or toilet reading, yeah I get that too but those will usually try and find the females with the similar attitude or hope so.

I go with the impression that any women I chat with is getting hundreds of messages and already has a fwb or someone they can call upon but even if a message exchange they maybe chatting to others but it doesn't bother me, if I'm not important enough or interesting enough then there's a reason for that and its my bad so no point continuing.

There are a lot of married men on here, tons just wanting sex, there's married women the same for quickies thats what the majority of the men want, some even want a regular. But the ones who are here for the swinging experience, social, chat, house parties laughs even making friends, they usually have heard it all by the 'fly by nights' and the ones who need 'a distraction' or 'toilet reading' as you put it, wont interest the ones who delve deeper into it, not saying they wont meet them but it will be harder.

There is nothing wrong with asking for help but I've been told from females' before, if they guy doesn't see the basic, simplistic changes that are required then thats worrying.

Thats my take on it from my swinging experience on here and from what I've been told from females and guys.

My reply was not meat to be personal attack on anyone but just from what I've learned on here

We all want a good experience on here, some do, some don't, we just have to get on with it and try to learn from the experience

By *BCxCouple 3 days ago

North Lanarkshire

"It's maybe worth having a little about yourself on your bio "

I second this, I like a wee bit of effort info on the bio or I’m likely to pass by

Cx

By *enelope2UWoman 3 days ago

Fife

Don't be the typical single guy asshole.. that's all..

You'll stand out instantly

Fife

Your profile suggests nothing to indicate much else other than you're likely like all the others most women avoid.

Fife

This is pretty decent advice. And I don't think it sounds woman hating at all tbh. Just an honest perspective from a man on here."

I NEVER look at pictures..if a message doesn't intrigue me a picture is meaningless worthless and useless.

By *oberto7Man 3 days ago

Greenock

Would love to go to cjs ! But 2 wrong yins from down my way are regulars in there ! Couldn't be in the same venue as them 😡

By *cuba149Man 3 days ago

Glasgow

Happy to take any criticism on board if anyone would be kind enough to have a look at mines 🤞

By *ewsaltireMan 3 days ago

Glasgow

So… I can only say be active in forums and chat to people.. I can imagine the volume of messages women get from men in here so I’m sure it’s not just about standing out from the weirdos but show who you are here in the forums….

To that end I’ve had to open a new account as last one got hacked after my emails were compromised m… lost all my friends but had to wait TWO weeks before I was allowed to post in forums…. I know they are trying to get the bots and fakes out… but two weeks!!!! 😄

"Happy to take any criticism on board if anyone would be kind enough to have a look at mines 🤞 "

Buckle up son.

Let me get my white board & marker. Be with you shortly....

By *lasgowHorseyMan 3 days ago

Glasgow

"Happy to take any criticism on board if anyone would be kind enough to have a look at mines 🤞

Buckle up son.

Let me get my white board & marker. Be with you shortly.... "

Oh ffs

Let me prepare him first with a face cloth, some water and smelling salts to wake him up from the fall

Glasgow

Haha all good here, as I said - happy to take any feedback on board either positive or negative 👍 😂

By *allerthanaverage79Man 3 days ago

Ayrshire

Always wash under the foreskin, and around your helmet!!!

"Always wash under the foreskin, and around your helmet!!!"

Smart thinking.

Nothing like knob cheese first thing in the morning to spoil the first wank of the day.

"Haha all good here, as I said - happy to take any feedback on board either positive or negative 👍 😂"

It's grand btw. Your profile reads well. One critique? Maybe cut back on the knob pics, but that's just me.

Glasgow

"Haha all good here, as I said - happy to take any feedback on board either positive or negative 👍 😂

It's grand btw. Your profile reads well. One critique? Maybe cut back on the knob pics, but that's just me."

Taken into account and noted! Thank you!

By *scobar67Man 3 days ago

glasgow

Maybe don't only use this site then if your looking to meet ladies ..there are plenty of dating sites you might have a better chance meeting someone

By *aldandWellhung71Man 3 days ago

Fabville.

'knob pics' lol.

By *ou aint that specialMan 3 days ago

falkirk

"Haha all good here, as I said - happy to take any feedback on board either positive or negative 👍 😂

It's grand btw. Your profile reads well. One critique? Maybe cut back on the knob pics, but that's just me."

Next level hypocrisy on this site....

[Removed by poster at 16/09/24 21:49:10]

It's grand btw. Your profile reads well. One critique? Maybe cut back on the knob pics, but that's just me.

Next level hypocrisy on this site....

"

Care to elaborate?

By *cottishMrsWoman 3 days ago

Wishaw

"

Well, in all fairness, if they're using it as a distraction or toilet reading, then they don't really need any help meeting women, since their intention is simply to distract them in the bathroom. However, if their intention was to meet women, then surely it makes sense to go where women will be, and who they can talk to and hit it off with?

The guy asked for a bit of advice, and I offered some. There's plenty more I could have said, but I didn't have the time or the patience to reiterate what has been said hundreds of times on these posts when men ask something similar. And, first and foremost, my advice would always be to get along to clubs and socials. If that isn't your scene, I'm not the best person to ask as it's where I would prefer to bump into some people x

By *addison blueMan 2 days ago

falkirk

I’m all ears for constructive feedback but I do realise it’s a niche market

By *ennifertvayrshireTV/TS 2 days ago

Kilmarnock

The women and couples on here can afford to be extra choosy. It’s the curse of the single male unless you have a body like Adonis and a cock like a battering ram lol

By *cuba149Man 2 days ago

Glasgow

I’m really confused if this is relating to my post asking for a profile check or the OP 🤣

By *eroLondonMan 2 days ago

Mayfair

Granted, it can be, but it doesn't have to be. 🌿

By *ugby 123Couple 2 days ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Be careful. You get banned from the forums for commenting about what's on someone's profile in the forums. "nit picking" apparently. Maybe it only happens if someone reports you like a little crawling bitch. 🤷

"

You don't banned if someone reports you, you have to break rules to get a ban.

The rule is

"No nit-picking please

Unless someone specifically asks for their profile to be critiqued or if it's relevant to the thread e.g. someone is wondering why they're not having success, please don't critique their profile or be mean about it. We want the forum to be open and friendly to newbies and everyone starts somewhere."

So basically...someone asks for help or in this case tips of where they are going wrong, then you can discuss their profile as it is relevant.

Someone asking for what people had for dinner last night ( or any other subject )...you can't dicuss their profile as it isn't relevant to the thread.

Abusing other users when posting whether you name them or not is a rule break though.

https://www.fabswingers.com/content/forum-rules

By *erfHerder74Man 2 days ago

Greenock

Us single guys will take the single guys the others reject

» Add a new message to this topic