FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Civil war inevitable?

Civil war inevitable?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bat OP   Man 6 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Ever supported a Breast Cancer Charity?

Imagine this, you set up a big fundraising event to support your Breast Cancer Charity and then an obscenely rich man starts criticising you, saying “What about Prostate cancer? #allcancersmatter.”

Would you see him as an ally in your struggle or a pain in the prostate?

Today, Hiroshima Day, is the 79th anniversary of the first atomic war. Perhaps we should think about that before we throw our first house brick of the day?

Message to Elon Musk. “Do one, you knobber!”

Gbat

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouples_EroticaXXXCouple 6 weeks ago

manchester

"

Gbat "

We second this. Must is a megalomaniac. He is the archetypal Bond villain.

manchester

"

Gbat

We second this. Must is a megalomaniac. He is the archetypal Bond villain."

Musk ffs

By *asterMeliodasMan 6 weeks ago

Near Keith

Elon Muskrat is the Aldrich Killian you ordered from Wish.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

Considering the likelihood of civil war is much greater in his own country of residence, he is just stirring shit.

By *unter_6969Man 6 weeks ago

Beverley

Wouldn’t say he’s right on the civil war issue, but he’s right about 2 tier policing

By *alcon77Man 6 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

There were fake tweets shared stating an immigrant at the hotel (that was arson attacked) had a gun. The police showed this to be completely false.

Then there was the original tweet claiming the original murderer was called ali Al shakiti ( which means I have to go to my apartment, in Arabic)

At least zuckerberg "seems" to express concern when he's made aware if fake news is shown on his platform.

Musk seems to almost revel in it..

By *irldnCouple 6 weeks ago

Brighton

“Do one knobber” is a brilliantly British put down. Love it and yes, do one Musk!

By *idnight RamblerMan 6 weeks ago

Pershore

I doubt we are heading for outright civil war, but then again what is the solution if large swathes of the population are not listened to nor feel they have any voice? In those circumstances, it is inevitable that disaffected citizens will kick-off.

By *hrill CollinsMan 6 weeks ago

The Outer Rim

"I doubt we are heading for outright civil war, but then again what is the solution if large swathes of the population are not listened to nor feel they have any voice? In those circumstances, it is inevitable that disaffected citizens will kick-off. "

you had your chance at the ballot box ... it's called democracy .... deal with it

By *ostindreamsMan 6 weeks ago

London

"I doubt we are heading for outright civil war, but then again what is the solution if large swathes of the population are not listened to nor feel they have any voice? In those circumstances, it is inevitable that disaffected citizens will kick-off.

you had your chance at the ballot box ... it's called democracy .... deal with it "

People have consistently voted for parties which have promised reduced immigration. Labour also made promises to reduce immigration. Yet it has only gone up. Maybe at some point, people will lose respect for democracy?

By *atEvolutionCouple 6 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"Ever supported a Breast Cancer Charity?

Imagine this, you set up a big fundraising event to support your Breast Cancer Charity and then an obscenely rich man starts criticising you, saying “What about Prostate cancer? #allcancersmatter.”

Today, Hiroshima Day, is the 79th anniversary of the first atomic war. Perhaps we should think about that before we throw our first house brick of the day?

Gbat "

Yup. Total Dick. I don't have an X account and wouldn't have one or a Tesla.

Gonna protest - hit him where it hurts.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 6 weeks ago

Border of London

People really should stop expecting that brilliant engineers have anything meaningful to say about politics, that brilliant actors really understands social issues and that brilliant politicians understand our have anything meaningful to say...

The Outer Rim

"I doubt we are heading for outright civil war, but then again what is the solution if large swathes of the population are not listened to nor feel they have any voice? In those circumstances, it is inevitable that disaffected citizens will kick-off.

you had your chance at the ballot box ... it's called democracy .... deal with it

People have consistently voted for parties which have promised reduced immigration. Labour also made promises to reduce immigration. Yet it has only gone up. Maybe at some point, people will lose respect for democracy?"

you had your chance at the ballot box ... it's called democracy .... deal with

Where is the evidence for large swathes of the population not being listened too?

People I speak to are all stridently against the racist rioters. I haven’t met anyone who supports what they are doing or shares their concerns.

Maybe large swathes of the population agree with me and abhor the behaviour and beliefs of this tiny minority?

And there is quite a history of two tier policing in the UK.

Generally speaking, deprived communities have policing imposed on them, whilst affluent communities have policing that supports them.

Black people have experienced a different policing style for a long time and there is a wealth of evidence to support this statement.

Gbat

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

People have consistently voted for parties which have promised reduced immigration. Labour also made promises to reduce immigration. Yet it has only gone up. Maybe at some point, people will lose respect for democracy?"

It's been what, four weeks..

It's a mess at present but for any government with any issue to expect them to turn around a complete dogs breakfast in four weeks after 14 years of a previous administrations utter failures is bizarre and frankly nonsense..

Brighton

People are clearly worried about immigration. Some for genuine and informed reasons, others for misinformed and bigoted reasons. Nobody needs to riot and cause harm to other people or property. They are knuckle dragging wankers.

Border of London

"People are clearly worried about immigration. Some for genuine and informed reasons, others for misinformed and bigoted reasons. Nobody needs to riot and cause harm to other people or property. They are knuckle dragging wankers."

Exactly.

By *affy103Couple 6 weeks ago

bridgend

"People are clearly worried about immigration. Some for genuine and informed reasons, others for misinformed and bigoted reasons. Nobody needs to riot and cause harm to other people or property. They are knuckle dragging wankers."

Agreed.

manchester

"Wouldn’t say he’s right on the civil war issue, but he’s right about 2 tier policing"

Utter bullshit there it no such thing. A grown adult should know better than to parrot shit right wing vitriol

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 6 weeks ago

golden fields

Gbat

Yup. Total Dick. I don't have an X account and wouldn't have one or a Tesla.

Gonna protest - hit him where it hurts. "

100%

The way he treated the guy who lead the rescue of those kids in the Thai caves was utterly despicable.

On the OP. I don't think we're heading for a civil war. The current issues are caused by a very small number of racists. They don't seem organised enough to forum an army and start a war.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 6 weeks ago

in Lancashire

By *ggdrasil66Man 6 weeks ago

Saltdean

This country is massively divided, and immigration is partly to blame. There are no go areas in places like Dewsbury for instance. The demographics have been changing rapidly ever since Bliar moved the goalposts over 26 years ago with his open door policy.

The population as it is, is too big for the infrastructure we already have in place, and this government will not change it. Ok Starmer says he will build something like 1.5m houses, great. But what about hospitals, Dr’s surgeries, schools, prisons, public transport hubs? The list is massive so I won’t post them all.

Labour will put their fingers in their ear holes and go ‘la la la la la!’ They always have and always will. They abandoned the working class a long time ago. If these protests peter out, and they will. The trades union movement will grab the baton and carry on from there.

As I’ve said before, things will get a lot worse before they even begin to get better. We are in the shit and the so called Tories let this happen. Labour made many many promises, don’t hold your breath waiting to deliver on all if not any of them.

Proportional representation would put an end to the parliamentary game of musical chairs every five years. The idea is long overdue in this country…

By *izandpaulCouple 6 weeks ago

merseyside

Gbat "

If this very rich person was happy to make substantial ongoing donations to each charity, I'd be extremely happy.

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

"I doubt we are heading for outright civil war, but then again what is the solution if large swathes of the population are not listened to nor feel they have any voice? In those circumstances, it is inevitable that disaffected citizens will kick-off. "

Not necessarily.

Gandhis resistance was non-violent

Martin Luther Kings resistance was non-violent

Nelson Mandelas violence led to a non-violent resistance which was far more effective

Not necessarily.

Nelson Mandelas violence led to a non-violent resistance which was far more effective"

Hmmm. History check :

There were riots in many parts of India during Gandhis time. There were also many more riots when he was killed.

There were riots when King was killed too.

The Outer Rim

"If this very rich person was happy to make substantial ongoing donations to each charity, I'd be extremely happy.

"

this .... but i can't see Dr Evil's mini-me ever doing that somehow

golden fields

"This country is massively divided, and immigration is partly to blame. There are no go areas in places like Dewsbury for instance. The demographics have been changing rapidly ever since Bliar moved the goalposts over 26 years ago with his open door policy.

The population as it is, is too big for the infrastructure we already have in place, and this government will not change it. Ok Starmer says he will build something like 1.5m houses, great. But what about hospitals, Dr’s surgeries, schools, prisons, public transport hubs? The list is massive so I won’t post them all.

Labour will put their fingers in their ear holes and go ‘la la la la la!’ They always have and always will. They abandoned the working class a long time ago. If these protests peter out, and they will. The trades union movement will grab the baton and carry on from there.

As I’ve said before, things will get a lot worse before they even begin to get better. We are in the shit and the so called Tories let this happen. Labour made many many promises, don’t hold your breath waiting to deliver on all if not any of them.

Proportional representation would put an end to the parliamentary game of musical chairs every five years. The idea is long overdue in this country…"

The country being divided is no accident. It was driven by the Tories, UKIP/Reform with their constant culture wars, attacking and demonising everyone from homeless, people with HIV, foreigners, Muslims, people on benefits, disabled people, barbers, people who eat tofu etc etc. and of course one of the main benefits of Brexit for the ruling classes was the further division it caused.

"This country is massively divided, and immigration is partly to blame. There are no go areas in places like Dewsbury for instance. The demographics have been changing rapidly ever since Bliar moved the goalposts over 26 years ago with his open door policy.

Proportional representation would put an end to the parliamentary game of musical chairs every five years. The idea is long overdue in this country…"

1. As previously mentioned, are they areas you dont want to go to or are they areas where the law forbids you from going?

2. Infrastructure affects us all immigrant, descendant of immigrant and native. If you seek to reduce population by curbing immigration, why not start with Tommy-10-names? After all he has an Irish passport he uses to travel around, whilst being staunchly anti-eu?

3 and 4. 14 years of an increasing rhetoric, along with an imposition of the right to speech has led us to where we are. We all have right, however these come with responsibilities and consequences.

5. All forms of government are evil.Democracy is bad, apart from all other types we have already tried (this last point said with sarcasm!)

Not necessarily.

Nelson Mandelas violence led to a non-violent resistance which was far more effective

Hmmm. History check :

There were riots in many parts of India during Gandhis time. There were also many more riots when he was killed.

"

Agreed but Gandhis protests alone were peaceful, as were MLKs. Gandhi can’t be held accountable for people who aren’t following him, nor can MLK be held responsible for something after he’s died

By *ustintime69Man 6 weeks ago

Bristol

What a load of old nonsense!

The Outer Rim

the orchestrators of the recent wave of far right racist terrorism are circulating a list of lawyers and their offices online to be targeted over the comming days. it's begining to look like out and out nazism now.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

If the Kaiser Cheifs had made this statement, I would be more worried.

By *melie LALWoman 6 weeks ago

Peterborough

"“Do one knobber” is a brilliantly British put down. Love it and yes, do one Musk!"

Haven't heard of snobbery. But if it means bigger than know then, he'll yeah y'all, musk is a snobbery.

And one who needs to look in a dictionary to discover the meaning of inevitable.

Peterborough

People have consistently voted for parties which have promised reduced immigration. Labour also made promises to reduce immigration. Yet it has only gone up. "

Oh ffs get real!

Peterborough

"“Do one knobber” is a brilliantly British put down. Love it and yes, do one Musk!

Haven't heard of snobbery. But if it means bigger than know then, he'll yeah y'all, musk is a snobbery.

And one who needs to look in a dictionary to discover the meaning of inevitable."

Bugger, I didn't check to see if phone had changed my words. Knobber and knob.

By *immyinreadingMan 6 weeks ago

henley on thames

Gbat "

Anything that generates friction, chat, controversy etc is good in his book. Giant stirrer

By *ikeSM23Man 6 weeks ago

Manchester

Musk is an absolute cunt for tweeting that! It’s a stunning example of self-serving provocation and complicity with the dysfunctional morons currently running amok.

After nailing his colours to the trump cluster-fuck party his influence over millions of people needs to be radically curtailed.

golden fields

"Musk is an absolute cunt for tweeting that! It’s a stunning example of self-serving provocation and complicity with the dysfunctional morons currently running amok.

After nailing his colours to the trump cluster-fuck party his influence over millions of people needs to be radically curtailed."

In fairness, no one aside from MAGA headbangers over in the states pays any heed to what Musk says.

By *ikeSM23Man 6 weeks ago

Manchester

"Musk is an absolute cunt for tweeting that! It’s a stunning example of self-serving provocation and complicity with the dysfunctional morons currently running amok.

After nailing his colours to the trump cluster-fuck party his influence over millions of people needs to be radically curtailed.

In fairness, no one aside from MAGA headbangers over in the states pays any heed to what Musk says. "

And the dumb fuck headbangers in this country ……

By *abioMan 6 weeks ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Not necessarily.

Hmmm. History check :

Agreed but Gandhis protests alone were peaceful, as were MLKs. Gandhi can’t be held accountable for people who aren’t following him, nor can MLK be held responsible for something after he’s died"

And Nelson Mandela ANC when he was leader before they put him in prison never attacked people.. they attacked the states infrastructure

By *otMe66Man 6 weeks ago

Terra Firma

What is a civil war?

Border of London

"What is a civil war? "

What's so civil 'bout war, anyway...?

Peterborough

"What is a civil war? "

When people in metal hats fight with people with feathers in their cloth hats

London

"What is a civil war? "

Okish film. I went in with high expectations and was let down by Alex Garland.

By *roadShoulderzMan 6 weeks ago

Lerwick

Tesla sales are slumping. Down 36% in Europe.

Wealthy liberals have already bought them, so now he is spearheading a sales campaign aimed far right buyers, if they aren't incarcerated.

His Gerald Ratner moment perhaps...

London

[Removed by poster at 06/08/24 20:50:40]

London

"Tesla sales are slumping. Down 36% in Europe.

Wealthy liberals have already bought them, so now he is spearheading a sales campaign aimed far right buyers, if they aren't incarcerated.

His Gerald Ratner moment perhaps..."

The slump was mostly down to countries starting to drop subsidies. Not to mention Germany's economy is down in a ditch.

Border of London

His Gerald Ratner moment perhaps..."

Funny you should say that, actually. A very large car company put out an internal communication this past week, saying that only 16% of left leaning US citizens have a favourable view of Tesla, and this presents an opportunity for other manufacturers to take a slice.

By *lixerMan 6 weeks ago

Glasgow

England has a lot of nation building and soul searching to do. Forget the GB, forget the UK. The problem, as ever, is the lack of statehood for the English nation.

But England isn’t a nation? You can’t get an English passport.

Gbat

By *roadShoulderzMan 6 weeks ago

Lerwick

Funny you should say that, actually. A very large car company put out an internal communication this past week, saying that only 16% of left leaning US citizens have a favourable view of Tesla, and this presents an opportunity for other manufacturers to take a slice."

My comment was tongue in cheek tbh, but I was aware Tesla owners weren't that happy with the quality or reliability of their vehicles if that's what you were referring to.

Looking at how busy the Chinese EV manufacturers stands were at the recent Goodwood FoS, compared to others, I suspect car buyers don't care about politics or human rights and Musk knows this.

Border of London

Funny you should say that, actually. A very large car company put out an internal communication this past week, saying that only 16% of left leaning US citizens have a favourable view of Tesla, and this presents an opportunity for other manufacturers to take a slice.

My comment was tongue in cheek tbh, but I was aware Tesla owners weren't that happy with the quality or reliability of their vehicles if that's what you were referring to.

Looking at how busy the Chinese EV manufacturers stands were at the recent Goodwood FoS, compared to others, I suspect car buyers don't care about politics or human rights and Musk knows this."

They do care about how they are*perceived*. Less about the underlying good or evil. The same communication also had one topic: virtue signalling - how people and companies want to be seen by others and how car manufacturers would position themselves and their products based upon how consumers want to be seen.

London

Looking at how busy the Chinese EV manufacturers stands were at the recent Goodwood FoS, compared to others, I suspect car buyers don't care about politics or human rights and Musk knows this."

Didn't Europe recently increase tariffs on Chinese EVs?

By *enSiskoMan 6 weeks ago

Cestus 3

Gbat "

Quite a few years ago I watched a series of documentaries called Million Dollar Deals and How They Changed the World.

In the last episode they followed this guy who I had never heard of and he took the interviewer in to some remote woodland in a secret location, the man explained that he is building a Hugh underground bunker.

The reason being that him and those like him believe their will be an uprising against the way our world is, and that they would become targets a civil war if you like.

That guy I came to know as Elton Musk, he believes a civil war is coming and others like him they have even prepared for it.

I found that scary.

"

That guy I came to know as Elton Musk, he believes a civil war is coming and others like him they have even prepared for it.

I found that scary."

Plenty of those on Netflix. Alien abduction. A woman whose cigarettes get moved from the sofa whenever she orders chicken dippers with her son.

And a serving councillor who shows drawings of his alien mother.

They are preparing too. They have never said what for - but I'm with them all the way, lol.

Peterborough

"England has a lot of nation building and soul searching to do. Forget the GB, forget the UK. The problem, as ever, is the lack of statehood for the English nation. "

They can start by giving us a bank holiday re St George.

Cestus 3

"

I found that scary.

Plenty of those on Netflix. Alien abduction. A woman whose cigarettes get moved from the sofa whenever she orders chicken dippers with her son.

They are preparing too. They have never said what for - but I'm with them all the way, lol.

"

True or not I find it interesting that he and those 1%ers are worried enough to build hiding places underground.

The documentary was about BitCoin, Corn Oil and Data Broking. all have been issues on MSM over the years and the impact it has had on us all, At this moment it is data broking which affects privacy.

So the things this doc' discussed at the time came to pass.

I do not watch docs regarding aliens except si-fi or ghost stories except at xmas

Peterborough

Gbat

Quite a few years ago I watched a series of documentaries called Million Dollar Deals and How They Changed the World.

In the last episode they followed this guy who I had never heard of and he took the interviewer in to some remote woodland in a secret location, the man explained that he is building a Hugh underground bunker.

The reason being that him and those like him believe their will be an uprising against the way our world is, and that they would become targets a civil war if you like.

I found that scary."

If I had his billions, I'd build a bunker. Whether there is a civil war, an apocalypse, world war III, or alien invasion, I'd want some chance of surviving.

As it is, I just pray I go quick.

Cestus 3

Gbat

I found that scary.

If I had his billions, I'd build a bunker. Whether there is a civil war, an apocalypse, world war III, or alien invasion, I'd want some chance of surviving.

As it is, I just pray I go quick. "

It reminds me of a film "Don't Look Up", he even builds spaceships.

"

I found that scary.

True or not I find it interesting that he and those 1%ers are worried enough to build hiding places underground.

The documentary was about BitCoin, Corn Oil and Data Broking. all have been issues on MSM over the years and the impact it has had on us all, At this moment it is data broking which affects privacy.

I do not watch docs regarding aliens except si-fi or ghost stories except at xmas "

Well. Maybe look at it a different way - those who have the most, and let's face it Musk has the most of all - tend to develop a mind-set that wants to keep that just the way it is - FOR THEM!

That attitude eventually filters to paranoia - that paranoia feeds into a totality of belief.

"

It reminds me of a film "Don't Look Up", he even builds spaceships."

Snap. LMAO. The end scenes are just so Musk et-al.

Brighton

Gbat

I found that scary."

Better stockpile bog roll like people did during Covid.

"

Better stockpile bog roll like people did during Covid."

That was just a one off, lol.

golden fields

Gbat

I found that scary."

I don't know if he actually believes that, he just says the things that get the most reaction, so it gets more and more ridiculous. Like his current Twitter ramblings.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 6 weeks ago

Cumbria

Those n the right seem to be in a perpetual state of fear about something calamitous happening, the anxiety must be exhausting.

By *oxychick35Couple 6 weeks ago

thornaby

"Those n the right seem to be in a perpetual state of fear about something calamitous happening, the anxiety must be exhausting."
on the right he’s only ever voted democrat lol

golden fields

"Those n the right seem to be in a perpetual state of fear about something calamitous happening, the anxiety must be exhausting.on the right he’s only ever voted democrat lol"

Whatever he is, he's a massive bellend. In my opinion.

"Those n the right seem to be in a perpetual state of fear about something calamitous happening, the anxiety must be exhausting.on the right he’s only ever voted democrat lol"

Perhaps she wasn’t talking about Musk?

Gbat

henley on thames

The guy is right wing. Why deny it?

henley on thames

"Those n the right seem to be in a perpetual state of fear about something calamitous happening, the anxiety must be exhausting.on the right he’s only ever voted democrat lol

Whatever he is, he's a massive bellend. In my opinion."

Yes. His only aim these days is to stir, provoke and cause controversy, to keep his app busy

golden fields

"Those n the right seem to be in a perpetual state of fear about something calamitous happening, the anxiety must be exhausting.on the right he’s only ever voted democrat lol

Yes. His only aim these days is to stir, provoke and cause controversy, to keep his app busy "

He's struggling, approx 10% drop in the number of Twitter users since he took over.

Cestus 3

"

I found that scary.

I do not watch docs regarding aliens except si-fi or ghost stories except at xmas

Well. Maybe look at it a different way - those who have the most, and let's face it Musk has the most of all - tend to develop a mind-set that wants to keep that just the way it is - FOR THEM!

That attitude eventually filters to paranoia - that paranoia feeds into a totality of belief.

"

I cannot disagree with you at all.

Thats why I say it is like that movie "don't look up"

The 1%ers got away on a space ship to a far away planet only to be eaten by the original population of the planet which was suppose to be their salvation.

Go figure.

thornaby

Yes. His only aim these days is to stir, provoke and cause controversy, to keep his app busy

He's struggling, approx 10% drop in the number of Twitter users since he took over."

struggling pmsl come on mate one of richest men in the world isint it the likes of him you should be backing considering Tesla electric cars his solar business isn’t he and the like the future you crave thought you voted Green Party lol

Cestus 3

Gbat

I found that scary.

I don't know if he actually believes that, he just says the things that get the most reaction, so it gets more and more ridiculous. Like his current Twitter ramblings. "

I have no opinions on mr musk I do not use social media, all I know is I saw him on a programme I did not understand him, until I got to know him as Elton musk and that he expects us to uprise against his elk and has prepared himself for it.

Thats all I know.

The programme is called "Billion dollar deals and how they changed our world". A BBC program.

If you find it as I haven't make up your own mind.

golden fields

He's struggling, approx 10% drop in the number of Twitter users since he took over. struggling pmsl come on mate one of richest men in the world isint it the likes of him you should be backing considering Tesla electric cars his solar business isn’t he and the like the future you crave thought you voted Green Party lol"

He's struggling to keep his app busy.

I can't afford a Tesla, and I have no desire to support any business that he involves himself in.

thornaby

He's struggling, approx 10% drop in the number of Twitter users since he took over. struggling pmsl come on mate one of richest men in the world isint it the likes of him you should be backing considering Tesla electric cars his solar business isn’t he and the like the future you crave thought you voted Green Party lol

I can't afford a Tesla, and I have no desire to support any business that he involves himself in. "

so you won’t be getting an electric car or solar panels then lol

golden fields

He's struggling, approx 10% drop in the number of Twitter users since he took over. struggling pmsl come on mate one of richest men in the world isint it the likes of him you should be backing considering Tesla electric cars his solar business isn’t he and the like the future you crave thought you voted Green Party lol

I can't afford a Tesla, and I have no desire to support any business that he involves himself in. so you won’t be getting an electric car or solar panels then lol "

If I was in the market for an electric car. I wouldn't buy a Tesla. The payback on for my home having solar panels is too long at the moment.

What's this got to do with Musk trying to keep his app busy?

By *allySlinkyWoman 6 weeks ago

Leeds

"

I have no opinions on mr musk I do not use social media, all I know is I saw him on a programme I did not understand him, until I got to know him as Elton musk and that he expects us to uprise against his elk and has prepared himself for it.

"

Elton's elk ?

henley on thames

I can't afford a Tesla, and I have no desire to support any business that he involves himself in. so you won’t be getting an electric car or solar panels then lol "

There are other providers of both products

thornaby

I can't afford a Tesla, and I have no desire to support any business that he involves himself in. so you won’t be getting an electric car or solar panels then lol

If I was in the market for an electric car. I wouldn't buy a Tesla. The payback on for my home having solar panels is too long at the moment.

What's this got to do with Musk trying to keep his app busy?"

it was you who said he’s struggling tbh mate he is a modern day Einstein if you want the planet saving it’s the likes of him that will come up with something to go along way to saving it thought you would champion anyone making solar panels and electric cars give your stance on saving the planet

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 6 weeks ago

Cumbria

I can't afford a Tesla, and I have no desire to support any business that he involves himself in. so you won’t be getting an electric car or solar panels then lol

What's this got to do with Musk trying to keep his app busy?it was you who said he’s struggling tbh mate he is a modern day Einstein if you want the planet saving it’s the likes of him that will come up with something to go along way to saving it thought you would champion anyone making solar panels and electric cars give your stance on saving the planet "

It’s really not him who will come up with it, he’s not a modern day Einstein. He’ll pay someone else to come up with something if it will make money but he won’t be doing it himself.

thornaby

What's this got to do with Musk trying to keep his app busy?it was you who said he’s struggling tbh mate he is a modern day Einstein if you want the planet saving it’s the likes of him that will come up with something to go along way to saving it thought you would champion anyone making solar panels and electric cars give your stance on saving the planet

It’s really not him who will come up with it, he’s not a modern day Einstein. He’ll pay someone else to come up with something if it will make money but he won’t be doing it himself."

aw ok silly me he just puts it out there any ideas guys then gets ppl to make it begs the question why he’s geniuses don’t just do it themselves can you tell us who these ppl are and what they are doing to save the planet as much as musk then ?

golden fields

What's this got to do with Musk trying to keep his app busy?it was you who said he’s struggling tbh

"

Struggling to keep his app busy

"

mate he is a modern day Einstein

"

Didn't know Einstein was a massive bellend?

"

if you want the planet saving it’s the likes of him that will come up with something to go along way to saving it thought you would champion anyone making solar panels and electric cars give your stance on saving the planet "

I don't champion wankers like him.

Terra Firma

What's this got to do with Musk trying to keep his app busy?it was you who said he’s struggling tbh

if you want the planet saving it’s the likes of him that will come up with something to go along way to saving it thought you would champion anyone making solar panels and electric cars give your stance on saving the planet

I don't champion wankers like him. "

You might find that he is doing more good for your climate science passion than most countries.

golden fields

if you want the planet saving it’s the likes of him that will come up with something to go along way to saving it thought you would champion anyone making solar panels and electric cars give your stance on saving the planet

You might find that he is doing more good for your climate science passion than most countries.

"

Why is this turning into a critique of my view of Elon Musk's contribution to tackling climate change?

I've made no comments about Elon Musk's contribution to tackling climate change.

Terra Firma

Why is this turning into a critique of my view of Elon Musk's contribution to tackling climate change?

I've made no comments about Elon Musk's contribution to tackling climate change."

I’m responding to your comment that you don’t champion wankers like him.

That wanker could be doing more to support the science of climate change than any other person or country.

Is that not enough for you to champion him, and what has he done that makes you feel the way you do?

golden fields

I've made no comments about Elon Musk's contribution to tackling climate change.

I’m responding to your comment that you don’t champion wankers like him.

That wanker could be doing more to support the science of climate change than any other person or country.

Is that not enough for you to champion him, and what has he done that makes you feel the way you do? "

No why would I champion someone who I consider to be a wanker?

Do you champion him?

An example of why I think he's a wanker: The entire situation with Vernon Unsworth. From start to finish.

Border of London

Elon Musk is an intelligent and driven visionary. He has lofty songs and goals and the tenacity to pursue them.

He can simultaneously be (and he is) a deeply flawed social menace. One does not necessarily affect the other. We can simultaneously applaud his achievements and denounce his social stupidity.

The idea that people must be sorted into "good" and "bad", then apologies made for the bad (or their good minimised/rejected) is nonsense.

Border of London

[Removed by poster at 10/08/24 22:14:47]

Border of London

"...he is a modern day Einstein..."

No, he really isn't. Intelligent, yes. And driven. But no Einstein.

"

...if you want the planet saving it’s the likes of him that will come up with something to go along way to saving it thought you would champion anyone making solar panels and electric cars give your stance on saving the planet "

He is the loudest in a chorus of visionaries. If it weren't him, it would be someone else.

Credit to him for accelerating the electric vehicle battle against the resistance from "big oil" and "traditional car manufacturers" - that took big balls (or the stubbornness that only someone with ASD and a whole lot of self assurance could bring).

The problem is that nothing really qualifies him to weigh in on social issues. Much like how being a great actor, singer or having a wonderful body doesn't qualify you to speak out on social issues.

By *oo hotCouple 6 weeks ago

North West

"Elon Musk is an intelligent and driven visionary. He has lofty songs and goals and the tenacity to pursue them.

He can simultaneously be (and he is) a deeply flawed social menace. One does not necessarily affect the other. We can simultaneously applaud his achievements and denounce his social stupidity.

The idea that people must be sorted into "good" and "bad", then apologies made for the bad (or their good minimised/rejected) is nonsense."

Except that as a human being things in the end to balance each other out.

Anyone who has been on Twitter for the last ten years or so will have seen in plain sight the self radicalisation of Elon musk and as his reputation starts to fail so will everything that he is involved with.

The guy has so obviously gone off the deep end and it seems ludicrous that he not see it himself.

By *enny PR9TV/TS 6 weeks ago

Southport

Who can forget last year when advertisers on Twitter told Musk, "Unless he cleans up the platform of all the crap on the site that they didn't want their products to be associated with, that they would withdraw their advertising". Musk told then in a famous interview that "He didn't want their advertising" and "They should go fuck themselves".

Well now, after losing billions in advertising revenue he is suing the advertisers in a massive lawsuit in Texas, For not advertising on Twitter.

What next? Is he going to sue individuals for not buying his cars, and not paying him money he thinks he's entitled to? Obviously being so close to Trump has started to rot his brain, or is that the Ket@mine at work?

"Much like how being a great actor, singer or having a wonderful body doesn't qualify you to speak out on social issues."

Everyone, EVERYONE! Has the right to comment on political issues. Just because you become famous, why should you loose your voice?

It’s up to you if you give more weight to the views of someone famous.

Gbat

By *ostindreamsMan 5 weeks ago

London

"Who can forget last year when advertisers on Twitter told Musk, "Unless he cleans up the platform of all the crap on the site that they didn't want their products to be associated with, that they would withdraw their advertising". Musk told then in a famous interview that "He didn't want their advertising" and "They should go fuck themselves".

Well now, after losing billions in advertising revenue he is suing the advertisers in a massive lawsuit in Texas, For not advertising on Twitter.

What next? Is he going to sue individuals for not buying his cars, and not paying him money he thinks he's entitled to? Obviously being so close to Trump has started to rot his brain, or is that the Ket@mine at work?"

That's not totally accurate though? If an individual company decides to not advertise on his platform, it's obviously fine. They have the right to do so.

His lawsuit was against a group called GARM that's actually a part of a federation of advertisers. GARM was recommending brands to avoid advertising on X/twitter. Twitter filed a lawsuit against them for conspiring together to boycott their product. Companies conspiring together is illegal for valid reasons.

London

As for Musk himself, he is a narcissist and a massive hypocrite.

On the other hand, his achievements when it comes to the progress of technology shouldn't be undermined. Tesla is way ahead of any of the western EVs. Not to mention his achievements on SpaceX and harnessing solar power. Guy has done a lot to tackle environmental issues than all the JSO protestors together.

By *ooianCouple 5 weeks ago

Padstow

Seen two tear policing in action. Look at the Manchester airport attack on the police. These dik heads should have been charged and possibly remanded for what they did. Then look at the rioters. Charged, convicted and imprisoned within days.

By *enny PR9TV/TS 5 weeks ago

Southport

"Who can forget last year when advertisers on Twitter told Musk, "Unless he cleans up the platform of all the crap on the site that they didn't want their products to be associated with, that they would withdraw their advertising". Musk told then in a famous interview that "He didn't want their advertising" and "They should go fuck themselves".

What next? Is he going to sue individuals for not buying his cars, and not paying him money he thinks he's entitled to? Obviously being so close to Trump has started to rot his brain, or is that the Ket@mine at work?

That's not totally accurate though? If an individual company decides to not advertise on his platform, it's obviously fine. They have the right to do so.

His lawsuit was against a group called GARM that's actually a part of a federation of advertisers. GARM was recommending brands to avoid advertising on X/twitter. Twitter filed a lawsuit against them for conspiring together to boycott their product. Companies conspiring together is illegal for valid reasons."

GARM is a small, not-for-profit initiative, and recent allegations that unfortunately misconstrue its purpose and activities have caused a distraction and significantly drained its resources and finances,” the group said in a statement Friday. “GARM therefore is making the difficult decision to discontinue its activities.”

GARM had over 100 members. Four of those members — CVS, Unilever, Mars and the Danish energy company Ørsted — were named defendants in the suit filed in federal court in Texas on Tuesday. The lawsuit could drive away even more advertisers from Twitter, Nandini Jammi and Claire Atkin, founders of watchdog group Check My Ads Institute wrote in an op-ed Thursday. “Everyone can see that advertising on Twitter is a treacherous business relationship for advertisers,” they said.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 5 weeks ago

Border of London

"Much like how being a great actor, singer or having a wonderful body doesn't qualify you to speak out on social issues.

Everyone, EVERYONE! Has the right to comment on political issues. Just because you become famous, why should you loose your voice?

It’s up to you if you give more weight to the views of someone famous.

Gbat "

Completely agree.

The unqualified idiots have the absolute right to voice their uninformed drivel!

By *eard and TattsCouple 5 weeks ago

Cwmbran

Thank you Elon musk

By *oan of DArcCouple 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Wouldn’t say he’s right on the civil war issue, but he’s right about 2 tier policing"

--------------------------

Evidence please other than some inflammatory statement made by Farage or social media commentator seeking clicks!

The irony of all this is there's been disproportionate policing targeted at certain minority groups for decades

Glasgow

---------------------------------------------

Most of the convicted rioters have previous convictions, I'd rather live next door to decent, hard working immigrants than any of this feckless lot, they dont represent the best interests of a thriving society.

Glasgow

What's this got to do with Musk trying to keep his app busy?it was you who said he’s struggling tbh mate he is a modern day Einstein if you want the planet saving it’s the likes of him that will come up with something to go along way to saving it thought you would champion anyone making solar panels and electric cars give your stance on saving the planet

It’s really not him who will come up with it, he’s not a modern day Einstein. He’ll pay someone else to come up with something if it will make money but he won’t be doing it himself.aw ok silly me he just puts it out there any ideas guys then gets ppl to make it begs the question why he’s geniuses don’t just do it themselves can you tell us who these ppl are and what they are doing to save the planet as much as musk then ?"

------------------------------

..and yet he's a fan-boy of Donald Trump, self proclaimed climate change denier

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 5 weeks ago

nearby

Tommy got some new fans

https://x.com/aku_700/status/1822328154779709916?s=48&t=riGNlrfX3reAm-93J2ZU8w

By *immyinreadingMan 5 weeks ago

henley on thames

"Elon Musk is an intelligent and driven visionary. He has lofty songs and goals and the tenacity to pursue them.

The idea that people must be sorted into "good" and "bad", then apologies made for the bad (or their good minimised/rejected) is nonsense."

Very well explained

By *irldnCouple 5 weeks ago

Brighton

"As for Musk himself, he is a narcissist and a massive hypocrite.

On the other hand, his achievements when it comes to the progress of technology shouldn't be undermined. Tesla is way ahead of any of the western EVs. Not to mention his achievements on SpaceX and harnessing solar power. Guy has done a lot to tackle environmental issues than all the JSO protestors together."

Has he himself invented any of this stuff or is he an ideas guy with financial muscle to enable others to do the inventing?

By *immyinreadingMan 5 weeks ago

henley on thames

"Seen two tear policing in action. Look at the Manchester airport attack on the police. These dik heads should have been charged and possibly remanded for what they did. Then look at the rioters. Charged, convicted and imprisoned within days."

Very different situations. The Manchester case is progressing at normal speed, and should not be rushed.

The riots needed to be stopped quickly, and fast harsh sentencing was the technique used. It worked.

By *otMe66Man 5 weeks ago

Terra Firma

On the other hand, his achievements when it comes to the progress of technology shouldn't be undermined. Tesla is way ahead of any of the western EVs. Not to mention his achievements on SpaceX and harnessing solar power. Guy has done a lot to tackle environmental issues than all the JSO protestors together.

Has he himself invented any of this stuff or is he an ideas guy with financial muscle to enable others to do the inventing?"

Musk has a vision and a plan to achieve it, but he knows he can't do it alone. To succeed, he needs to "create experts" who can help turn his plan into reality. His goal is to develop the means for humans to live and thrive on another planet. This requires the ability to travel there, which demands advancements in battery technology for power, as well as communication technologies, satellites, rockets, vehicles, and infrastructure.

He's currently building all of this. Tesla is developing cutting-edge battery technology, SpaceX has made remarkable strides in rocket technology, and Starlink is revolutionising satellite communication. The scope of this ambition is so vast that he recognises it can't be funded solely from his own resources. That's why he has established businesses in each area, generating revenue from breakthroughs that can then be reinvested into the next stages of the plan, driving the continuous evolution of technology.

Musk is aware that he won’t see the completion of this vision within his lifetime. However, by creating profitable businesses, he ensures that those who come after him will have the resources and motivation to keep pushing the plan forward.

Musk has his flaws which the world can see play out in realtime, his determination and resilience are at times his enemy and others his strength. He is different to most people on this planet and does not sit well with many who struggle with his wealth, arrogance and power, but it is this combination of unique factors that have provided us with new technologies that will benefit the whole of mankind.

there was a post saying if he wasn't doing this, someone else would be doing it, I'm not sure that is correct.

Brighton

Has he himself invented any of this stuff or is he an ideas guy with financial muscle to enable others to do the inventing?

Musk has a vision and a plan to achieve it, but he knows he can't do it alone. To succeed, he needs to "create experts" who can help turn his plan into reality. His goal is to develop the means for humans to live and thrive on another planet. This requires the ability to travel there, which demands advancements in battery technology for power, as well as communication technologies, satellites, rockets, vehicles, and infrastructure.

He's currently building all of this. Tesla is developing cutting-edge battery technology, SpaceX has made remarkable strides in rocket technology, and Starlink is revolutionising satellite communication. The scope of this ambition is so vast that he recognises it can't be funded solely from his own resources. That's why he has established businesses in each area, generating revenue from breakthroughs that can then be reinvested into the next stages of the plan, driving the continuous evolution of technology.

Musk is aware that he won’t see the completion of this vision within his lifetime. However, by creating profitable businesses, he ensures that those who come after him will have the resources and motivation to keep pushing the plan forward.

Musk has his flaws which the world can see play out in realtime, his determination and resilience are at times his enemy and others his strength. He is different to most people on this planet and does not sit well with many who struggle with his wealth, arrogance and power, but it is this combination of unique factors that have provided us with new technologies that will benefit the whole of mankind.

there was a post saying if he wasn't doing this, someone else would be doing it, I'm not sure that is correct."

All sounds very exciting and forward thinking. Shame he is such an asshat. Then again, these kind of people are usually narcissists.

Terra Firma

there was a post saying if he wasn't doing this, someone else would be doing it, I'm not sure that is correct.

All sounds very exciting and forward thinking. Shame he is such an asshat. Then again, these kind of people are usually narcissists. "

Or simply unique.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 5 weeks ago

nearby

"

The riots needed to be stopped quickly, and fast harsh sentencing was the technique used. It worked.

"

And outstanding performance of our police.

Glasgow

All sounds very exciting and forward thinking. Shame he is such an asshat. Then again, these kind of people are usually narcissists.

Or simply unique. "

---------------------

So was Hitler

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 5 weeks ago

golden fields

there was a post saying if he wasn't doing this, someone else would be doing it, I'm not sure that is correct."

He's a complicated man for sure. But still a massive arsehole.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 5 weeks ago

Border of London

"

All sounds very exciting and forward thinking. Shame he is such an asshat. Then again, these kind of people are usually narcissists. "

The same traits that let you succeed when everyone tells you that something is not feasible are the ones that persuade you that you're right, even if common perception is against you.

A great personality trait in R&D does not necessarily translate well into society.

Terra Firma

Or simply unique.

---------------------

So was Hitler"

What comparisons are you trying to make, why add in that name, can you explain?

Brighton

"

The same traits that let you succeed when everyone tells you that something is not feasible are the ones that persuade you that you're right, even if common perception is against you.

A great personality trait in R&D does not necessarily translate well into society."

Exactly, totally agree. Some of the best inventors, artist, and visionaries throughout history have been very flawed human beings. Musk clearly has a vision but, as I say, shame he is an asshat!

By *melie LALWoman 5 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Seen two tear policing in action. Look at the Manchester airport attack on the police. These dik heads should have been charged and possibly remanded for what they did. Then look at the rioters. Charged, convicted and imprisoned within days.

Very different situations. The Manchester case is progressing at normal speed, and should not be rushed.

"

And if that's two tier policing, it works. But it's not, it's the justice system (which you know but the previous poster doesn't seem to).

Glasgow

Or simply unique.

---------------------

So was Hitler

What comparisons are you trying to make, why add in that name, can you explain? "

--------------------------------------------------

In response to your claim that Musk was 'unique', that doesn't mean they're blessed with virtue and integrity.

Terra Firma

Or simply unique.

---------------------

So was Hitler

In response to your claim that Musk was 'unique', that doesn't mean they're blessed with virtue and integrity."

to compare Musk to Hitler is disingenuous, your comparison ignores the atrocities committed by Hitler, which are in no way comparable to Musk's business practices or personality traits! But I guess it is easier to criticise Musk in an exaggerated manner, rather than to make a reasoned argument...

London

[Removed by poster at 11/08/24 17:32:55]

London

"

As for Musk himself, he is a narcissist and a massive hypocrite.

"

Ideas alone aren't enough. You need to have business leaders who are willing to take the risk with their ideas. You need people like Musk who frequently disrupt the markets amidst businesses who always play it safe.

Compare the speed in which Tesla has made progress with the speed in which the European car manufacturers who have been leaders in automobile manufacturing for long are making progress. It's not just about money. I have two of my university friends working in Tesla in pretty high positions. They have some criticism against the way he tweets. But they both admire him for how open he is to new ideas and execute them if he feels they will work out. Something they never saw in the management of other companies they worked for.

By *usybee73Man 5 weeks ago

in the sticks

Absolutely laughing at thus thread ... comparing musk to Hitler, it's like comparing Doris at the coop to chairman Mao

Some people need to get out a bit more, turn off the PC/phone and walk in the countryside

Glasgow

"Absolutely laughing at thus thread ... comparing musk to Hitler, it's like comparing Doris at the coop to chairman Mao

Some people need to get out a bit more, turn off the PC/phone and walk in the countryside "

---------------------------

..and others need to read posts properly and the context they're written in.

Glasgow

Or simply unique.

---------------------

So was Hitler

In response to your claim that Musk was 'unique', that doesn't mean they're blessed with virtue and integrity.

to compare Musk to Hitler is disingenuous, your comparison ignores the atrocities committed by Hitler, which are in no way comparable to Musk's business practices or personality traits! But I guess it is easier to criticise Musk in an exaggerated manner, rather than to make a reasoned argument..."

-----------------------------

I'm guessing you didn't get my response, it was a reference to uniqueness, being unique isn't always a good thing.

» Add a new message to this topic