FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > canned laughter

canned laughter

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Is canned laughter to try and suggest to us when to laugh..?

Just watched Miranda ad with canned laughter. It was not funny imo. I don't like canned laughter

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I hate it , like you said you feel you should laugh when you hear it , then think to yourself that wasn’t funny , I saw one last week set in a cafe with a man pretending to be a doctor? The canned laughter was stupid , he stands up ( canned laughter) someone walks into the cafe ( canned laughter) etc

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Friends was like that; Joey merely walks through the door and the ‘audience’ collectively ruptures their appendixes. I’m a miserable sod and don’t appreciate being told when to laugh.

Chelmsford

"Friends was like that; Joey merely walks through the door and the ‘audience’ collectively ruptures their appendixes. I’m a miserable sod and don’t appreciate being told when to laugh."

Totally agree

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

[Removed by poster at 31/03/20 20:28:44]

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

It's apparently because we are much more likely to laugh with others than on our own even with the same stimulus so they add it so we can simulate laughing as a group.

Believe it or not, there is such a thing as a "laugh track historian" according to this Wikipedia article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laugh_track

"Is canned laughter to try and suggest to us when to laugh..?

Just watched Miranda ad with canned laughter. It was not funny imo. I don't like canned laughter "

Canned laughter lasts longer than fresh laughter.

Just watched Miranda ad with canned laughter. It was not funny imo. I don't like canned laughter

Canned laughter lasts longer than fresh laughter."

By *esireXposedMan  over a year ago

East sussex

Canned laughter lasts longer than fresh laughter."

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I dislike it and it's particularly annoying when I really do not find something funny. Miranda would be a show I'd definitely not laugh at. If I'm coerced in to something, I resent it.

Back in the 1970s the American audience had to endure M*A*S*H with a canned laughter track. The BBC asked for and got it without, except for one episode which slipped through. It was strange watching an episode which had laughter in the places the producers thought it needed it, when a lot of subtle humour went unnoticed.

One of the Freeview channels show the the series with the laughter track, I don't bother watching it.

A lot of American sitcoms now have a disclaimer saying it was recorded in front of a live audience.

By *othin 2 proveCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

Nothing worse, It's as bad for alot of tv audiences with people out of camera shot holding up signs saying applause,laughter, silence, and other jargon they use to make you think that everyone is going crackers.xx

Chelmsford

Not good being told to laugh when it's not funny

By *illyjohnyCouple  over a year ago

brighton

Couldn't find any in the supermarket earlier with all this panic buying fuck all canned laughter left on the shelves

» Add a new message to this topic