FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > look versus intellect

look versus intellect

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

so many women here are seduced by the look of a mans body, the washboard stomach, the thighs, the abs, the butt cheeks but ultimately how important is that to a woman, surely his mind is more important

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Mind and personality first for me, then physical attraction will decide if it leads to either the friend zone or bed

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Quite a lot seem to be seduced by a bloomin cake

By *oxychicWoman  over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"Mind and personality first for me, then physical attraction will decide if it leads to either the friend zone or bed "

Exactly this

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Quite a lot seem to be seduced by a bloomin cake "

What is your obsession with cake about?

Gloucestershire

"Quite a lot seem to be seduced by a bloomin cake

What is your obsession with cake about?"

It’s not an obsession. That’s biscuits

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

Who mentioned cake

Guilty!

thats a reuse, cake is fattening remember

By *sianMancMan  over a year ago

Manchester

Every woman here cant judge a personality by an online profile or I'd be heaving in more mail than Ian mckellen lol

Being online they will look at the pictures first... most say they don't like just a dick pic well plenty do and those same females show a bit of leg tits or fanny themselves haha

Anyway so they judge the pic then see if the guy fits their requirements and yes all women have a list already in mind... a bbc a Bwc a big cock a small cock a single male a married male etc etc

Then they look at location and verification and see if it all fits.

Finally they will message u and see if they can gauge your personality from a few messages.

1 word said that doesnt suit their sensitive dispositions and boom they delete you or block you.

That's the fab life for most men on here.

My advice:

Take it all as a numbers game

Take it all with a pinch of salt

Take it all or leave it all lol

This isnt the only place its 1 of many so use it as such.

Finally and most importantly just smile

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I’m physically drawn to a sexy aura not a sexy body. And wit.

"I’m physically drawn to a sexy aura not a sexy body. And wit."
wit t woo

Intellect and personality for me!

By *edHeadedFunWoman  over a year ago

Didsbury

I think the initial physical attraction has to be there to spark the interest/conversation. This is where the mind takes over and ultimately plays the biggest part in whether a meet will happen

By *latinumkittenWoman  over a year ago

from Home Counties to Middle Earth

I appreciate looking at a nicely toned body, but in reality, it's the workings of the mind that get me, and body type is somewhat immaterial

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I once met someone from another site in spite of never having seen a photo or having any idea what he looked like.

We'd been chatting for years, both online and over the phone, no real intention of meeting (he doesn't live in the UK so it seemed unlikely) but it was his personality, intelligence and humour that I fancied.

We were both in jobs where we travelled a lot, he was coming to the UK to visit a site in Hull, so I rearranged my entire projects calendar to give me a reason to visit Hull on the same day and stayed in the same hotel for the night so we could hook up.

He'd seen photos of me, I had no idea about him. Frankly, as long as he looked vaguely human we were good - I really fancied him long before we met.

Yes, I've also slept with men purely because they've been physically attractive in spite of not having the same connection, but they've never made me pant after them to the same extent because they've never managed to get inside my head.

"I once met someone from another site in spite of never having seen a photo or having any idea what he looked like.

We'd been chatting for years, both online and over the phone, no real intention of meeting (he doesn't live in the UK so it seemed unlikely) but it was his personality, intelligence and humour that I fancied.

We were both in jobs where we travelled a lot, he was coming to the UK to visit a site in Hull, so I rearranged my entire projects calendar to give me a reason to visit Hull on the same day and stayed in the same hotel for the night so we could hook up.

He'd seen photos of me, I had no idea about him. Frankly, as long as he looked vaguely human we were good - I really fancied him long before we met.

Yes, I've also slept with men purely because they've been physically attractive in spite of not having the same connection, but they've never made me pant after them to the same extent because they've never managed to get inside my head."

you liked him then when you met him in hull?

Nothing's changed: thirty years ago, the guy in the nightclub who looked damn hot would be the one I'd want to flirt or dance with. Not necessarily the one at the bar who began a conversation about metaphysics (but if he was also damned hot... Ooft!)

By *oneyjule65Couple  over a year ago

Halifax

"Mind and personality first for me, then physical attraction will decide if it leads to either the friend zone or bed "

Totally agree plus humor is a big tick for us.

I think you need that initial attraction, but if my mind is not captured then it won't go any further.

The connection between you is more important than anything

"I think you need that initial attraction, but if my mind is not captured then it won't go any further.

The connection between you is more important than anything "

so the art of seduction is to seduce her mind

Manchester

"Nothing's changed: thirty years ago, the guy in the nightclub who looked damn hot would be the one I'd want to flirt or dance with. Not necessarily the one at the bar who began a conversation about metaphysics (but if he was also damned hot... Ooft!) "

Lmao and you're username is sapiophile hahaha

"Nothing's changed: thirty years ago, the guy in the nightclub who looked damn hot would be the one I'd want to flirt or dance with. Not necessarily the one at the bar who began a conversation about metaphysics (but if he was also damned hot... Ooft!)

Lmao and you're username is sapiophile hahaha "

Being attracted by intelligence and aesthetics are not mutually exclusive

Wirral

"I once met someone from another site in spite of never having seen a photo or having any idea what he looked like.

Yes, I've also slept with men purely because they've been physically attractive in spite of not having the same connection, but they've never made me pant after them to the same extent because they've never managed to get inside my head.you liked him then when you met him in hull? "

Yes I did, he made me laugh a lot.

It was a great evening and I couldn't wait to get back to the room and drag his clothes off.

Why can’t you have both I’m greedy

Yes, I've also slept with men purely because they've been physically attractive in spite of not having the same connection, but they've never made me pant after them to the same extent because they've never managed to get inside my head.you liked him then when you met him in hull?

It was a great evening and I couldn't wait to get back to the room and drag his clothes off."

ooooo...... have you met again?

Wirral

"you liked him then when you met him in hull?

It was a great evening and I couldn't wait to get back to the room and drag his clothes off.ooooo...... have you met again? "

No, initially due to geography.

We do still chat but he has a drug problem that's built since we met (2012/3ish) and I wouldn't meet again until that's dealt with. Shame, I miss the man he was and it makes me sad when we're talking and I see glimpses of who he could be.

By *winkleFairyCouple  over a year ago

UK

"so many women here are seduced by the look of a mans body, the washboard stomach, the thighs, the abs, the butt cheeks but ultimately how important is that to a woman, surely his mind is more important "

I don’t see why you can’t have both... someone you are physically attracted to AND someone you click with

I disagree. Obviously attraction is what you see first but it's their personality that would get me talking to them and keep me talking to them.

I've had many a very hot guy message me but some are just empty headed and if their first message didn't put me off the next one probably would.

When I got Beasts first photo I was like hmm not sure got chatting to him and we got on so well. It turns out he's shit at photos and is hot as fuck in the flesh - in my opinion. But others may disagree.

But basically yes it's the guys personality that will keep me replying and the guys personality that will leave me wanting

Always the mind first, if you can't stimulate my mind then you certainly not going to stimulate my body.

Manchester

So many men here have personalities and wit and intellect and charm yup me included but it's funny to see how some of you females claim its personality over looks.

Men here get looked over due to looks. I'm speaking of the ones that dont send vulgar messages etc

Unless you read a profile fully and decipher the context the subtly behind the words you are most definitely basing your decision as I have said above on looks looks and primarily looks first and only then will decide further.

Someone here seeking a bbc isnt going to like a white guy.

Someone seeking a circumcised cock isnt going to give a hoodie a shot.

Someone here seeking a 40yr old wont remove the filter or consider any other.

It's all based on looks and being honest about that is decent not embarrassing.

I have found some here that choose intelligence as their first criteria and guess what not only have those females and I met they have been far far rarer then one can imagine.

So little honesty people is all it takes

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 08:25:42]

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"so many women here are seduced by the look of a mans body, the washboard stomach, the thighs, the abs, the butt cheeks but ultimately how important is that to a woman, surely his mind is more important "

I guess it depends

Your implication however is the two do not or cannot correlate.

The body attracts, the mind keeps me coming back.

"so many women here are seduced by the look of a mans body, the washboard stomach, the thighs, the abs, the butt cheeks but ultimately how important is that to a woman, surely his mind is more important

I guess it depends

"

prove the implication wrong although i just posed the question

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 08:47:44]

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 14/03/20 08:48:08]

ashby de la zouch

"so many women here are seduced by the look of a mans body, the washboard stomach, the thighs, the abs, the butt cheeks but ultimately how important is that to a woman, surely his mind is more important

I guess it depends

prove the implication wrong although i just posed the question "

Think I just have

Are you suggesting

A I do not have abs

B not intelligent

?

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Still hope for this non washboard stomach, buy clever and humorous chap then.

"

So little honesty people is all it takes "

Maybe it's some mens self righteousness not they way they look that put woman off

It's my pet hate when people say what other people have put isn't honest!!!

I guess it depends

prove the implication wrong although i just posed the question

Think I just have

Are you suggesting

A I do not have abs

B not intelligent

?

"

YOU definitely have both a. and b. Just saying...

ashby de la zouch

I guess it depends

prove the implication wrong although i just posed the question "

You just posted a false dichotomy with the erroneous provocative use of vs

Manchester

"

So little honesty people is all it takes

Maybe it's some mens self righteousness not they way they look that put woman off

It's my pet hate when people say what other people have put isn't honest!!! "

Maybe shoulda woulda coulda I'm dealing with facts on this site.

Sure out there when you meet someone you can base it upon personality if you really happen to click with someone before you notice their looks but on here its about the looks as personality is not easily shared.

I rest my case

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

The vital bit missed here is that if a bloke has a wonderful personality or a body to die for, or maybe even both, a woman isn’t definitely going to want to meet him.

There’s a dozen other things that need to be right and perhaps we’re not able to articulate most of them.

However one of the biggest turn offs is almost certainly entitlement. “But I’m exactly what you want, why won’t you sleep with me?”

By *exyEggsCouple  over a year ago

North East Scotland, mostly

"The vital bit missed here is that if a bloke has a wonderful personality or a body to die for, or maybe even both, a woman isn’t definitely going to want to meet him.

There’s a dozen other things that need to be right and perhaps we’re not able to articulate most of them.

However one of the biggest turn offs is almost certainly entitlement. “But I’m exactly what you want, why won’t you sleep with me?”"

Excellent point! People, for me, aren't a ticklist of requirements. Some people do use fab that way, but that doesn't work for me. It's a combination of looks and personality that does. I don't understand why people think you can separate the two? I can't do that.

Mrs TMN x

i look for stimulation

It’s the face and personality for me

I’m shallow

I’m shallow "

really you look deep

Women tend to prefer me as a friend. They don’t come running to rip my clothes off. So I’m guessing that they enjoy my conversation and personality, but aren’t really sexually attracted to me.

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

If you've a decent to good physique, a nice smile, twinkly eyes and a personality to match you're all set

I’m shallow really you look deep "

Only sometimes

I’m shallow really you look deep

Only sometimes "

omg when does it change?

On here? I agree, it's the pics that attract me first, if there's no flutter when I look at them then I'm unlikely to reply and get to know his personality. I'm here looking for someone to fuck, I need to feel that want.

I don't agree that he has to be gym fit and chiseled though, I'm attracted to loads of different things, especially if they've taken the time to present themselves well visually. It shows me that they understand attraction and might be on my wavelength.

His face is more important, then his brain

"On here? I agree, it's the pics that attract me first, if there's no flutter when I look at them then I'm unlikely to reply and get to know his personality. I'm here looking for someone to fuck, I need to feel that want.

I don't agree that he has to be gym fit and chiseled though, I'm attracted to loads of different things, especially if they've taken the time to present themselves well visually. It shows me that they understand attraction and might be on my wavelength. "

yes but youre on ufm

His face is more important, then his brain"

yes i agree most people sit on theirs

Are you saying I eat too much cake?

I do, just didnt know, you knew, if you know what I mean!

I do, just didnt know, you knew, if you know what I mean! "

lemon drizzle

Physical attraction only will probably mean one meet at most, personality and skills are what will keep me coming back

Gloucestershire

I do, just didnt know, you knew, if you know what I mean! "

I knew...and knew what you meant

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Manchester

"On here? I agree, it's the pics that attract me first, if there's no flutter when I look at them then I'm unlikely to reply and get to know his personality. I'm here looking for someone to fuck, I need to feel that want.

I don't agree that he has to be gym fit and chiseled though, I'm attracted to loads of different things, especially if they've taken the time to present themselves well visually. It shows me that they understand attraction and might be on my wavelength. "

Thank you for your honesty

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Decency, then looks and intellect in equal measure.

Jesus

I despair

lol hey some people are just too good for this internet domain, i need café caio

We’re not looking for new life time partners on Fab as we have each other , so fundamentally we’re looking for good sex with another attractive couple so yes not really bothered about how intellectual they are ,so long as they’re not total idiots . Fab is a bit like sweet shop not going to pick a rancid sweet that we don’t want to eat so to speak

"We’re not looking for new life time partners on Fab as we have each other , so fundamentally we’re looking for good sex with another attractive couple so yes not really bothered about how intellectual they are ,so long as they’re not total idiots . Fab is a bit like sweet shop not going to pick a rancid sweet that we don’t want to eat so to speak "
so for you its a sweetie shop or a box of chocolates you just want the soft centres

"We’re not looking for new life time partners on Fab as we have each other , so fundamentally we’re looking for good sex with another attractive couple so yes not really bothered about how intellectual they are ,so long as they’re not total idiots . Fab is a bit like sweet shop not going to pick a rancid sweet that we don’t want to eat so to speak so for you its a sweetie shop or a box of chocolates you just want the soft centres "

Prefer hard

"We’re not looking for new life time partners on Fab as we have each other , so fundamentally we’re looking for good sex with another attractive couple so yes not really bothered about how intellectual they are ,so long as they’re not total idiots . Fab is a bit like sweet shop not going to pick a rancid sweet that we don’t want to eat so to speak so for you its a sweetie shop or a box of chocolates you just want the soft centres

Prefer hard "

knew you'd say that

"We’re not looking for new life time partners on Fab as we have each other , so fundamentally we’re looking for good sex with another attractive couple so yes not really bothered about how intellectual they are ,so long as they’re not total idiots . Fab is a bit like sweet shop not going to pick a rancid sweet that we don’t want to eat so to speak so for you its a sweetie shop or a box of chocolates you just want the soft centres

Prefer hard knew you'd say that "

You see I’m so predictable & shallow

Prefer hard knew you'd say that

You see I’m so predictable & shallow "

well you can't have everything

Someone who is articulate and has a sexy mind, can be as sexy as looks for me and someone who can hold a conversation is a good start, as some people can't string a sentence which is worrying x]]]-

Physical attraction counts lets not bullshit each other its not like you are moving in together people are here to meet people they are attracted to for sex. The old adage people roll out about it all being about the personality is rubbish and an ideal peddled by unattractive people to get a meet.

"Physical attraction counts lets not bullshit each other its not like you are moving in together people are here to meet people they are attracted to for sex. The old adage people roll out about it all being about the personality is rubbish and an ideal peddled by unattractive people to get a meet. "

Wow that's quite the view point you have there...those poor unattractive people with their personalities

"Physical attraction counts lets not bullshit each other its not like you are moving in together people are here to meet people they are attracted to for sex. The old adage people roll out about it all being about the personality is rubbish and an ideal peddled by unattractive people to get a meet. "

Absolutely, who wants an intellectual penis ?

By *ogisticalBigManMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Physical attraction counts lets not bullshit each other its not like you are moving in together people are here to meet people they are attracted to for sex. The old adage people roll out about it all being about the personality is rubbish and an ideal peddled by unattractive people to get a meet.

Wow that's quite the view point you have there...those poor unattractive people with their personalities "

To be fair she kinda has a point. I get I'm a face for radio but unless I drop on the right person I could write *THE*

most unique well thought out message that tailors to their profile, ticks all their boxes (and jump through any hoops...yes you know the kind) yet still get completely blanked.

Bit down heartening initially but to put a positive spin on this "oh wow is me" I've had some fun times here in the forums. Just sometimes a little interaction could make someone's day

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I think the initial physical attraction has to be there to spark the interest/conversation. This is where the mind takes over and ultimately plays the biggest part in whether a meet will happen "

Exactly this

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

The mind wins. He could be perfectly toned everywhere and be the veat looking guy in the whole world, but if his personality was crap then it would be a no from me.

Mrs

"The mind wins. He could be perfectly toned everywhere and be the veat looking guy in the whole world, but if his personality was crap then it would be a no from me.

Mrs"

*best

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

For me it's always physical attraction first...but if we don't click after messaging then it's not going any further, regardless of how pretty they are. So I guess it's both looks and personality for a fussy bugger like me

By *ogisticalBigManMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"The mind wins. He could be perfectly toned everywhere and be the veat looking guy in the whole world, but if his personality was crap then it would be a no from me.

Mrs

*best"

But...if a guy got into your mind that didn't look like a chiseled Adonis you'd say yes?

"For me it's always physical attraction first...but if we don't click after messaging then it's not going any further, regardless of how pretty they are. So I guess it's both looks and personality for a fussy bugger like me "

Absolutely this

Looks might grab my attention but the mind will keep it.

Attraction is important but some people become more attractive as you get to know them.

I can find the quirky and "unconventional" people attractive. The different, the "weirdos" as others may view them. I'm drawn to those kind of people because of their personality and freedom to be themselves. I would still need to find them physically attractive though, and that's normally a twinkle in their eye. Now for the intelligence bit, yes they need to be smart. Not too much smarter than me, but in different areas and lots of the same areas, however just as important is emotional intelligence. Without that I cannot move forward.

Unless we're in a club and I simply want fucking from the fittie who can keep his mouth shut so as not to burst my bubble if he's a bit of a dimlo.

P

"Physical attraction counts lets not bullshit each other its not like you are moving in together people are here to meet people they are attracted to for sex. The old adage people roll out about it all being about the personality is rubbish and an ideal peddled by unattractive people to get a meet.

Absolutely, who wants an intellectual penis ? "

the thinking mans penis

Physical attraction does count yes, however I can overlook hairy toes if someone has a great personally, but some personalities can be soooooooo ugly that no amount of good looks would count.

P

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Physical Perfection but dull as ditchwater = The funzone

Mrs

*best

But...if a guy got into your mind that didn't look like a chiseled Adonis you'd say yes? "

Yes. Mind matters the most.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think some people also misunderstand the intellect thing. It's not some stupid dick measuring contest where my letters after my name are longer than yours, or my university is thicker/ more aesthetically pleasing than yours.

I don't give a shit if you left school before your GCSEs or you have multiple doctorates.

I'm drawn to intelligence, but I suppose for me it's an openness to knowledge, curiosity, willingness to question. That kind of passion doesn't always correlate with educational attainment (and snobs need not apply).

And for me, that kind of passion doesn't just get the cerebral juices flowing...

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

» Add a new message to this topic