FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Preferences...

Preferences...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

Is it possible to state a preference or a desire to meet a particular type of person, without being lynched on the forum?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Is it possible to state a preference or a desire to meet a particular type of person, without being lynched on the forum?"

Generally no! It might come down to just one person lynching you. But it will happen!

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

No ... appears not

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No. If it doesn’t describe me I will become highly offended and cry.

No when i said i want to catapult myself into vagina i got abused by the HSE

Hailsham

"No when i said i want to catapult myself into vagina i got abused by the HSE "

HSE have a profile here?

There goes the neighbourhood!!

"No when i said i want to catapult myself into vagina i got abused by the HSE

HSE have a profile here?

There goes the neighbourhood!!"

stay off the bareback threads unless you want a fine or jail

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

How kinky are we talking Clem

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple  over a year ago

kent

About the only preference you can state with zero comeback is ‘must have a pulse’.

Anything else and you’re bound to offend someone

Nope

"About the only preference you can state with zero comeback is ‘must have a pulse’.

Anything else and you’re bound to offend someone "

Tut, there's that prejudice against the dead again

I think it is becoming more commonplace to kink shame on here. The guy yesterday who liked self shooting received a very strong visceral reaction from a lot of Forum users and I really would prefer to see more tolerance of what people like. I respect people’s right to express their opinions but it can seem like a lynch mob in here at times, which is really unpleasant.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"I think it is becoming more commonplace to kink shame on here. The guy yesterday who liked self shooting received a very strong visceral reaction from a lot of Forum users and I really would prefer to see more tolerance of what people like. I respect people’s right to express their opinions but it can seem like a lynch mob in here at times, which is really unpleasant."

Couldn't agree more, the response on that post was really unpleasant.

"I think it is becoming more commonplace to kink shame on here. The guy yesterday who liked self shooting received a very strong visceral reaction from a lot of Forum users and I really would prefer to see more tolerance of what people like. I respect people’s right to express their opinions but it can seem like a lynch mob in here at times, which is really unpleasant.

Couldn't agree more, the response on that post was really unpleasant. "

What is meant by self shooting?

"I think it is becoming more commonplace to kink shame on here. The guy yesterday who liked self shooting received a very strong visceral reaction from a lot of Forum users and I really would prefer to see more tolerance of what people like. I respect people’s right to express their opinions but it can seem like a lynch mob in here at times, which is really unpleasant.

I was quite surprised at the squeamishness re that too.

What is meant by self shooting? "

Shooting cum into your own mouth.

Hailsham

Made all the worse because I think thr original question was whether anyone else did this as he'd been asked to. People jump to opinions wrongly so often

I was quite surprised at the squeamishness re that too."

feeling squeamish is understandable for some, but the way the guy was ganged up on was really horrible.

"I think it is becoming more commonplace to kink shame on here. The guy yesterday who liked self shooting received a very strong visceral reaction from a lot of Forum users and I really would prefer to see more tolerance of what people like. I respect people’s right to express their opinions but it can seem like a lynch mob in here at times, which is really unpleasant."

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

With the expression of preferences, I think we all probably could be a bit more mindful of how we express them. As I said on that post, there's a difference between saying it's not for me and saying it's vomit inducing.

"Is it possible to state a preference or a desire to meet a particular type of person, without being lynched on the forum?"

No. you are not allowed to think for yourself or make any of your own decisions. It's the fab way. So stop asking...

Made all the worse because I think thr original question was whether anyone else did this as he'd been asked to. People jump to opinions wrongly so often "

This is true. As regular forum users we need to be aware of the impact of the things we say on here on how other users view the forum. It is little wonder people think that there are cliques.

I didn't realise we were in the presence of royalty..

"With the expression of preferences, I think we all probably could be a bit more mindful of how we express them. As I said on that post, there's a difference between saying it's not for me and saying it's vomit inducing. "
indeed.

In my opinion Absolutely not.. describe all ya want...not every shoe fits ...so if a person.. male or female is seeking a certain type of person they should have absolutely no problems saying so.

I prefer rugby type... But end up with a few odd balls ??????????

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

The responses on that thread made me cringe. It's fine to say you don't like something but it's how you say it. The guy was made to feel like a total deviant just for asking about it.

Totally agree, if people don't like something just don't reply perhaps? Better than chastising another for their preferences

"Is it possible to state a preference or a desire to meet a particular type of person, without being lynched on the forum?

In my opinion Absolutely not.. describe all ya want...not every shoe fits ...so if a person.. male or female is seeking a certain type of person they should have absolutely no problems saying so."

I agree- endeavouring to make them feel ashamed of their preference or kink is abhorrent.

By *0something1965Man  over a year ago

Belfast

Made all the worse because I think thr original question was whether anyone else did this as he'd been asked to. People jump to opinions wrongly so often

This is true. As regular forum users we need to be aware of the impact of the things we say on here on how other users view the forum. It is little wonder people think that there are cliques."

I find it really difficult to contribute (or even ask advice) without being eviscerated. It's may only be a small group or a few individuals but it feels like everyone gets behind it and a lynch mob forms.

Have had to learn to accept it but initially, I would retalliate and it became a slanging match - I even got a couple of timeouts for retaliating - The atteackERS didnt!

I was made aware on the clique thread how I can collude with it on here and felt a bit shit that I hadn’t recognised my own part in perpetuating the behaviour. I think it behoves us that do use the forum regularly to check our own behaviour and ensure it really does encourage the behaviour we wan to to see. Particularly if we would like new users or less frequent posters to feel welcome.

This is true. As regular forum users we need to be aware of the impact of the things we say on here on how other users view the forum. It is little wonder people think that there are cliques.

I find it really difficult to contribute (or even ask advice) without being eviscerated. It's may only be a small group or a few individuals but it feels like everyone gets behind it and a lynch mob forms.

Have had to learn to accept it but initially, I would retalliate and it became a slanging match - I even got a couple of timeouts for retaliating - The atteackERS didnt!"

Yep. I remember 5 years ago being lynch mobbed for calling out lynch mob behaviour. I think the key thing for me now is noticing how my own behaviour may actually be contributing to the problem.

The responses on that thread made me cringe. It's fine to say you don't like something but it's how you say it. The guy was made to feel like a total deviant just for asking about it. "

I actually quite like doing it, but it’s not often I can get it to fire that far

No, that's what the forum is here for!!!

(p.s. keep being yourself buddy, it's refreshing)

By *lem-H-Fandango OP   Man  over a year ago

salisbury

"Is it possible to state a preference or a desire to meet a particular type of person, without being lynched on the forum?

(p.s. keep being yourself buddy, it's refreshing)"

Thanks, and you keep that gorgeous body on display!

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Is it possible?

Yes

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Any other mungers here?

No?

The responses on that thread made me cringe. It's fine to say you don't like something but it's how you say it. The guy was made to feel like a total deviant just for asking about it. "

I stopped reading after three vomit icons in a row..

(p.s. keep being yourself buddy, it's refreshing)

Thanks, and you keep that gorgeous body on display! "

Awww thank you

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

No. you are not allowed to think for yourself or make any of your own decisions. It's the fab way. So stop asking..."

Just like Twitter, then, from what I can gather. But with kinkier profile pictures

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Not in the Lounge. Swingers section yes, far more liberal minded over there it seems.

"Not in the Lounge. Swingers section yes, far more liberal minded over there it seems.

"

Tru dat

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Often it's better to say nothing that's not supportive. Our preferences are aspects of our tastes and help to define our uniqueness. If something is relevant and may help you and others, detailing your preferences is fine, within the boundaries of site rules.

Depends on how those so called preferences are stated though.

It is funny how some people hide blatant body shaming, racism, homophobic, transophobic, mysogyn statement behind 'preferences'.

Having preferences is totally fine but being derogatory towards the ones who do not fit your preferences is not.

"Often it's better to say nothing that's not supportive. Our preferences are aspects of our tastes and help to define our uniqueness. If something is relevant and may help you and others, detailing your preferences is fine, within the boundaries of site rules. "

But then why bother getting out of bed if you can't just be yourself and tell ppl what it is you like...? I think banana milkshake is superior to strawberry but if I said that here then somehow I could quite easily be seen as a racist, sexist bigot in someone's poor eyesight....

"Depends on how those so called preferences are stated though.

It is funny how some people hide blatant body shaming, racism, homophobic, transophobic, mysogyn statement behind 'preferences'.

Having preferences is totally fine but being derogatory towards the ones who do not fit your preferences is not.

"

I think that is the really important point here

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

It should be you’ll always get those that don’t agree.

As stated already above by many it’s how those preferences are worded and the responses received.

Everyone has their kinks / preferences it’s what makes us, everyone is different just respect that.

If you can’t say anything nice, then don’t say anything at all.

By *irlintheRedRed dressWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow

Every time I post that my preference is Black guys my inbox is undated with messages either telling me Im racist or asking whats wrong with white guys. So tedious.

You have to remember that this is Fabswingers, not one of those weird sites were people are non-judgemental and tolerant of other peoples needs and wants. What were you thinking man!

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Is it possible for anyone to not have short term memory loss on the forums? Goodness go back and look at some comments and I don’t mean just yesterday, go back. People can be very selective about what they remember they’ve said.

As far as preferences go ... I’m not sure. I have stated a preference of not wanting bareback sex or wanting to have sex with anyone that has had bareback sex and not liking videos and that hasn’t gone down well at all.

Just because you have a different point of view it doesn’t make you wrong, although I do agree that it’s not always expressed in the correct way.

When people resort to labelling you with something - in my case ‘naive’. I’m a big girl I can take it but it can put others off giving an honest opinion.

You’re not wrong for disagreeing or disliking something that happens or is stated. That is what preference is all about.

By *BWandhusbandCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

[Removed by poster at 28/10/19 18:11:16]

Depends on whether it's a preference or something a little darker at work really, doesn't it?

If you want to avoid being lynched by the forum, then how you word your preferences plays a massive part in the mob's reaction.

Some things are best left unsaid though.

The responses on that thread made me cringe. It's fine to say you don't like something but it's how you say it. The guy was made to feel like a total deviant just for asking about it.

I stopped reading after three vomit icons in a row..

"

I stopped reading that one and ducked out without posting my thoughts which I was going to but the entire flow was making me feel really uncomfortable. And that isn’t something I come here for. Perhaps when I’ve been here longer and feel more comfortable I’ll say that but some threads seem to become aggressive

"

I stopped reading that one and ducked out without posting my thoughts which I was going to but the entire flow was making me feel really uncomfortable. And that isn’t something I come here for. Perhaps when I’ve been here longer and feel more comfortable I’ll say that but some threads seem to become aggressive "

Relate to feeling of discomfort about it.

Also - pick your battles. Naah that's too many. Put some down. Yeah.. that's better.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

I never had an issue stating preferences on the forum when I was meeting. I never started a thread about them though just added to an existing thread

» Add a new message to this topic