FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nut allergy

Nut allergy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After many years my body has now developed a allergy to nuts so first thing to go was my friends coz their all nuts lol joking

But has anyone else got a nut allergy n how do they cope with it???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I absolutely love nut myself but they give me the shits

By *am sampsonMan  over a year ago

cwmbran

"I absolutely love nut myself but they give me the shits "

too much info

I end up in hospital tell u it's amazing amount of men say about their nuts lol init

my 15 yr old daughter had just found she is allergic to pineapple....... but only when its raw, cooked is fine, it makes her tongue tingle and her lips swell

I found I get rash all over lips swell n throat n breathing probs,can't believe after so many years body's done it to me

Nut allergy is easier to look after because all food/beverages and drugs have to have it written on the allergen labels, but if you are a highly sensitive coeliac or have a wheat allergy you are outside the laws on labelling...that is a nightmare.

make sure your doctor has prescribed you 3 epipens ..i have an allergy which could kill me so i always make sure i have my epipens they might just save my life one day ....im glad my allergy is very specific,so i feel for you re the nut allergy you will have to be very careful..take care

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

I have a nut allergy as well, especially when trying to get both of em in my gob at once!

funny the nuts seem to swell when placed in ones mouth...no idea why

One thing i would recommend is to tell all your meets your allergic to nuts if your very sensitive to it so they dont eat them before you meet ( or at least make sure to mouthwash etc) other than that i cant help.. my allergy is aniseed and fake cinnamon and its only mild.

By *ovedupstillCouple  over a year ago

mullinwire

"my 15 yr old daughter had just found she is allergic to pineapple....... but only when its raw, cooked is fine, it makes her tongue tingle and her lips swell"

and yet Leslie Ash paid thousands for that!!

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I have a nut allergy.

Have fun shopping cus nearly everything has nuts in it or is made in a factory that uses nuts. Bloody nightmare.

Mine isn't so bad that it's life threatening but I do come out in major hives (chronic urticaria) and. scratch til I bleed.......... but I'm bad, I tend to ignore it and buy what I fancy.

Your first few times in Tesco will be a nightmare but after that, you will get used to what you can and can't eat.

Good luck and make sure you always carry your citirize or fenofexodene or whatever they've given you.

"I have a nut allergy as well, especially when trying to get both of em in my gob at once! "

Thats a teabag allergy

By *edhotminxWoman  over a year ago

Turn left at the Singing Ringing Tree

I have two nut allergy sufferers in my family - the first has been diagnosed and has to carry epi-pens with them at all times. They have even been told that they could get a possible reaction from kissing someone who has eaten nuts. They have experienced a reaction from someone who has eaten some nuts and then handed them crisps to eat - the residue was on the crisps!

The other sufferer can not be tested in case they provide a 'false positive' result. i.e. they test clear and then eat nuts and have an allergic reaction.

You will find that even cornflakes will have the 'may contain nuts' blue label on the side, as this is a get out of suing us knee jerk reaction. However a couple of years ago M&S's Swiss Chocolate didn't have the label on it, and that contains hazelnuts! Their answer to that was that everyone knows that Swiss chocolate has hazelnuts in it.

Oh and Sticky Toffee Pudding is made with nuts in it - even though there is no clue in the name. Just use your common sense and in restaurants don't be afraid to ask what is in things, or what oil they use to cook with.

Thanks for all your comments found out gig the allergy from eating alpen got rash all over n looked like be smacked in lips by mike Tyson overnight stay in hospital wasn't sure Wht it was so I being me ate alpen again n ended up

In hospital again

» Add a new message to this topic