FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Child tax credits

Child tax credits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *am sampson OP   Man  over a year ago

cwmbran

Anyone else notice how the child tax credit allowance has been severely cut so alot of people will now recieve at at least£40 per month less

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Cant feed em, dont breed em.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well when my son was young there was no such thing as child tax credit. Just something else for people to complain about, at least they are getting something

"Well when my son was young there was no such thing as child tax credit. Just something else for people to complain about, at least they are getting something"

+1

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Well when my son was young there was no such thing as child tax credit. Just something else for people to complain about, at least they are getting something"

I remember a friend of mine just getting housing help, income support and child benefit.

Somehow, she survived.

We get a Working Tax Credit, but that's for working. Then we get Child Allowance, but that's for the children. What's a fookin Child Tax Credit???

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

A lot of people looking after their kids and trying to find work will find that hard, I wish them better fortune.

For others, maybe less time on Fab looking for a shag, playing games on Facebook and more time looking after their kids and looking for work... I wish them good fortune also.

X

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"We get a Working Tax Credit, but that's for working. Then we get Child Allowance, but that's for the children. What's a fookin Child Tax Credit??? "

It's the tax credit you get for your children Wishy....have you forgotten?

Years ago married couples used to get a much higher tax allowance (usually the man that got it.) This was replaced by Working and Child tax credits so please don't condemn us that work and get these allowances

"Cant feed em, dont breed em. "

I'll remember to say that to my partner next time my son and I visit his grave.

"We get a Working Tax Credit, but that's for working. Then we get Child Allowance, but that's for the children. What's a fookin Child Tax Credit???

It's the tax credit you get for your children Wishy....have you forgotten?"

I'm sure Siren's on top of it. She deals with that sorta stuff.

Torquay

Working Tax Credits and Child Tax Credits are only needed in this day and age because other taxes in this country punish the less well off.

"Working Tax Credits and Child Tax Credits are only needed in this day and age because other taxes in this country punish the less well off."

The govt have gotta raise money somehow and if the rich wriggle out of coughing up then they gotta get it from somewhere else. Someone's gotta pay for all this Child/Working Tax Credit thingy bollox.

...personally, I think the income tax rate should be dropped, but then all the other tax credits should be scrapped too. What's the point paying tax only to claim some of it back? Seems a total waste of time collecting it only to give it back later.

Paying a basic living wage would help.

Torquay

And there you have it Wishy....succesive governments from both sides have failed to stop the tax loopholes that are enjoyed by those who earn the most money.

VAT for example is not a level playing field for all because those who can least afford to pay it on top of goods are the very people who have no way of claiming much of their VAT back.

It's the world turned upside down regarding taxes in this country....the more you have the more you can afford people to help you avoid paying much of the taxes the less well off have to live with.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Years ago married couples used to get a much higher tax allowance (usually the man that got it.) This was replaced by Working and Child tax credits so please don't condemn us that work and get these allowances "

I dont condemn anyone who works and if there is something in place to boost their income.

What does annoy me, is when people forget(not you) what it was like before all these benefits came in and we had just a low wage to survive on. Because my husband worked in money we where £50 a week worse of then those not working,now that was just money not including housing benefit ect and 20 years ago that was alot of money. I chose to give up work to be there for my son knowing we wouldnt get any financial help certainly didnt expect people to dish out money to me because of a choice i made

"Cant feed em, dont breed em.

I'll remember to say that to my partner next time my son and I visit his grave. "

+1

"Paying a basic living wage would help."
+1

"...personally, I think the income tax rate should be dropped, but then all the other tax credits should be scrapped too. What's the point paying tax only to claim some of it back? Seems a total waste of time collecting it only to give it back later."

ive got news for u wishy the tax credits are being cut but the income tax aint its another master stroke from call me dave to get britain working .his next one is to get all the disabled ppl to work for nothing i'm sure that policy will be very popular too

"Years ago married couples used to get a much higher tax allowance (usually the man that got it.) This was replaced by Working and Child tax credits so please don't condemn us that work and get these allowances

I dont condemn anyone who works and if there is something in place to boost their income.

What does annoy me, is when people forget(not you) what it was like before all these benefits came in and we had just a low wage to survive on. Because my husband worked in money we where £50 a week worse of then those not working,now that was just money not including housing benefit ect and 20 years ago that was alot of money. I chose to give up work to be there for my son knowing we wouldnt get any financial help certainly didnt expect people to dish out money to me because of a choice i made"

Understand exactly where you are coming from just wanted to point out that tax credits are, in the main, boosting working peoples low income

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Years ago married couples used to get a much higher tax allowance (usually the man that got it.) This was replaced by Working and Child tax credits so please don't condemn us that work and get these allowances "

There used to be a single parent benefit too which was stopped. For those of us not getting maintenance but who had to work to keep food on the table the child tax credit was a godsend!

Exactly!

XXXX

Exactly!

XXXX"

What an insensitive and narrow minded comment.

People have children and can well afford to but circumstances can change dramatically for any one of us

"And there you have it Wishy....succesive governments from both sides have failed to stop the tax loopholes that are enjoyed by those who earn the most money.

VAT for example is not a level playing field for all because those who can least afford to pay it on top of goods are the very people who have no way of claiming much of their VAT back.

It's the world turned upside down regarding taxes in this country....the more you have the more you can afford people to help you avoid paying much of the taxes the less well off have to live with."

I wonder how many times in each week the so called 'rich' are called upon to give up their vast wealth and cough up for this or that for the poor who can't afford something.

Need some extra cash? Get the rich to pay for it, they can afford it.

Won't be so fookin rich if they do end up shelling out their money to every maligrant who thinks he deserves a slice of someone else's pie.

Sure, the tax loopholes should be closed but until the govt come up with a way of making sure wealthy companies and individuals don't move their wealth offshore because loopholes have closed well, they have to keep them open, don't they. It's a shit system but it's the only one we've got at the moment, and I don't subscribe to notion that it's always the Tories helping their chums etc as Labour had 13 fookin years to close these loopholes themselves and didn't. What does that tell you about what really happens in the corridors of power. We are nothing but pawns in a game of ever evolving power players who all want their turn at the trough when it's due. And there's sweet fuck all the average guy can do about it.

Exactly!

XXXX

People have children and can well afford to but circumstances can change dramatically for any one of us"

And they are deserving cases but there are also those who have them instead of going to work.

XXXX

By *ustamysteryWoman  over a year ago

south cumbria

quote cant feed em dont breed em

non of us know whats going to happen in the future partners die we cant plan for everything

"quote cant feed em dont breed em

none of us know whats going to happen in the future partners die we cant plan for everything"

Exactly, my large house our business my health, all were lost when I and my little son lost his father in a RTA. Count your blessings and I hope you never find yourself wondering what to do with the last fiver in your purse, petrol for getting to work or dinner for that night.

none of us know whats going to happen in the future partners die we cant plan for everything

Exactly, my large house our business my health, all were lost when I and my little son lost his father in a RTA. Count your blessings and I hope you never find yourself wondering what to do with the last fiver in your purse, petrol for getting to work or dinner for that night. "

Exactly....or developing health problems through no fault of your own, having to leave a good job and try to survive on a third of your previous income. I also lost my home when this happened. Its certainly not where I thought I'd be at this stage of my life!

none of us know whats going to happen in the future partners die we cant plan for everything

Exactly, my large house our business my health, all were lost when I and my little son lost his father in a RTA. Count your blessings and I hope you never find yourself wondering what to do with the last fiver in your purse, petrol for getting to work or dinner for that night.

Exactly....or developing health problems through no fault of your own, having to leave a good job and try to survive on a third of your previous income. I also lost my home when this happened. Its certainly not where I thought I'd be at this stage of my life! "

+1

I had a well paying job in entertainment, I also had my own very successful handmade card business, then I woke up one morning with most of my sight gone

By *pankable69Woman  over a year ago

Norwich

Ignorance isn't dead then? How small minded people can be

"We get a Working Tax Credit, but that's for working. Then we get Child Allowance, but that's for the children. What's a fookin Child Tax Credit??? "

working tax credit and child tax credit go hand in had, its money they use to top up your wages if your on whats considered a low income, if you qualify for working tax credit you qualify for child tax credit

Ignorance isn't dead then? How small minded people can be"

i dont think its a case of not being able to feed them its a case of we put enoigh into the country we want back what we are intitled to

How many people here with kids can honestly say they have never received any kind of benifit at all, including child benifit? none i bet, i bet not a single person on here can say they dont collect their child benifit because they bread em so they feeding em

I guess lifestyles should be based on what you can earn, rather then what benefits you can have.

Child related benefits are for what 16-18 years, then what are you going to do?

I breed mine, fed them, worked hard to keep them, thanks to family tax credits I was able to go part time when my daughter nearly died, maybe I shouldnt have had her in case circumstances changed?

I think it would be a very hard person, to think that people are not entitle to help now and again, after all that's what it was set up to do, help, not give people a right to do nothing but expect all the tapping's that people who work archive..

The point being now and again, not all the time.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

Exactly!

XXXX

People have children and can well afford to but circumstances can change dramatically for any one of us"

Big ups!

Our circumstances have changed through no fault of our own.

We both work hard and don't get any help. It's a struggle at the moment for us as I'm sure it is for plenty of others.

Exactly!

XXXX

My partner has his young granddaughter living with him it was this or her go into care. He is not paid well so he now gets the benefits he is entitled to to help make ends meet. He has to pay for child care for before & after school.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Exactly!

XXXX

+1

I'm on benefits and always will be, I used to be a psychiatric nurse, an actor and a promo model and was extremely well paid but I have a sensory degenerate disease that is taking my sight and hearing. It's not just people claiming benefits because they don't want to work.

More and more people are getting their working hours cut, so rather than face having no job they accept it.

That's where tax credits and child tax credit are a great help, they bring your wages up to a minimum that you can survive on .... and support your family on.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"More and more people are getting their working hours cut, so rather than face having no job they accept it.

That's where tax credits and child tax credit are a great help, they bring your wages up to a minimum that you can survive on .... and support your family on. "

spot on, i would rather have a system where people can live with dignity and contribute albeit with a bit of support than those people feel they are better off by stopping work...

life has a nasty habit of biting us all on the arse now and then..

hope some of the less compassionate folk on here (whenever this sort of topic is raised) dont have to find that out the hard way..

By *oole2010Couple  over a year ago

southampto

while the tax credit system is a good thing to support people on low income,i cant help thinking they work against the majority of the people who claim them.

mainly, due to the fact of employers taking advantage of the system,by paying low wages,knowing the government will top them up.

the minimum wage should be set higher at around £9 pound per hour,or maybe more,and i do agree that the tax threshold should be raised, as its just a case of recirculating money, tescos now have the cheek to offer people work experience with no wage but jobseekers allowance, plus expenses slave labour !!

» Add a new message to this topic