FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What were you like as a teen?

What were you like as a teen?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hillout OP   Man  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I recently looked back at some of my high school pictures and it dawned on me just how different a person I am in some respects!

I was a nerd (still am in a sense!), had terrible acne which didn't do my confidence any favours, and was useless around girls I had no clue on how to chat to them and usually got tongue tied when I tried. I was hopelessly naive and certainly more liberal than I am now.

What were you like? Much the same or radically different?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was skinnier. A lot skinner.

I still pretty much look the same though. I was still a geek, still really shy yet confident, still with C, and I still had short hair

Shy, polite, compliant, vulnerable.

By *ark ph0enixWoman  over a year ago

Teesside

I was very quiet and studious. Would never dare speak out or cause upset. Total wallflower. Thankfully much has changed over the years

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I had a womans body at 12 which was a nightmare. I was rebellious immortal confident.

"I was very quiet and studious. Would never dare speak out or cause upset. Total wallflower. Thankfully much has changed over the years "

I can certainly relate to that

"I recently looked back at some of my high school pictures and it dawned on me just how different a person I am in some respects!

I was a nerd (still am in a sense!), had terrible acne which didn't do my confidence any favours, and was useless around girls I had no clue on how to chat to them and usually got tongue tied when I tried. I was hopelessly naive and certainly more liberal than I am now.

What were you like? Much the same or radically different?"

Sounds exactly like me as a teen

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Very tall and slim, a bit awkward, I wasn't in the popular crowd nor was I bullied at all, I was basically an inbetweener

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I was a proud lesbian feminist, morbidly obese but fuck I wore some amazing clothes - truly embraced emo. Diehard emo. Band t-shirts, collars, fishnets, studded belts. Really geeky, really sarcastic, braces. My hair was full on afro most of the time with a huge ott fringe. I disliked most men and would eye roll a fuck ton.

I think I might have changed a bit. Possibly.

Teesside

"I was very quiet and studious. Would never dare speak out or cause upset. Total wallflower. Thankfully much has changed over the years

I can certainly relate to that"

Seems to be a few like us on this thread. Curious

"I was very quiet and studious. Would never dare speak out or cause upset. Total wallflower. Thankfully much has changed over the years

Seems to be a few like us on this thread. Curious "

How people can change over time

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I did great at every sport in school, was popular with everyone,was the class clown making everyone laugh, got great grades in every subject, never got bullied, would get in fights every day/week. Was friends with the goths, the rockers, the ravers, would go to a concert one week and a rave the next.

Only real difference now really is no friends. I dont play sports anymore but do great physically.

Teesside

Seems to be a few like us on this thread. Curious

How people can change over time "

I'm wondering if there's a link between fab and people who increased in confidence with age. Probably not but my mind often goes on odd tangents..

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I was a bit of a geek but also quite sporty. I represented Britain in my chosen sport. I lived quite a way from where most of my school mates lived so always felt I was missing out until I learned to drive and got some freedom.

By *entileschiWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

Apparently I looked and seemed older than I was. Thankfully that trend has reversed over the years.

I was feral......

Never in school......

I was always described as “too chatty” and I remember the teacher said I should be a foghorn to warn the ships as I was quite loud

So I guess not much has changed really.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I was one of the few gothy types in our year and didn't have many friends as a result, I think we were misunderstood! Incredibly shy, a bit chubby with a bad attitude.

Early teens - studious, quiet, shy & compliant the majority of the time.

Latter teens - discovered boys, rebelled and liked to party!

I tended to flit between groups of people, never really belonging to one unit but able to fit in wherever and whenever.

I still have some similar traits...

"I was always described as “too chatty” and I remember the teacher said I should be a foghorn to warn the ships as I was quite loud

So I guess not much has changed really. "

You've still more front than Brighton

Up to 14, I was very swotty and straight-laced.

Then I went a bit wild...

By the time I was at University, I'd got my priorities right.

By *hatYorkLadMan  over a year ago

York

I wasn't part of the popular crowd so always felt like that was my place near the bottom of the social order, I was skinny with a bowl cut till I was 15, I had big ears and my parents didn't have the money to deck me out in expensive fashionable clothes. You wouldn't think I was even the same person now!

"I was always described as “too chatty” and I remember the teacher said I should be a foghorn to warn the ships as I was quite loud

You've still more front than Brighton "

Hmmm you can talk!

I was a bit of a goody two shoes unti I was 16. I tended to be the one my mates would scapegoat. One mate told lies to my first love so she would break up with me, because he was jealous. Then during the long summer holidays of that year I was ostracised and excluded by them for being boring because I wouldn’t go robbing shops with them.

I got depressed and contemplated suicide. However I got through with help from my mum and made new friends when I went into sixth form. I also became a bit more rebellious, smoking and drinking and a bit of a Lothario with women. I was a saint on the surface but covertly quite a bitter, nasty piece of work.

I tended to just sit somewhere in the middle in most respects, I didn't stand out for any reason.

I have a bit more confidence in speaking up for myself now hut on the whole I'm still a bit middley.

"Early teens - studious, quiet, shy & compliant the majority of the time.

I tended to flit between groups of people, never really belonging to one unit but able to fit in wherever and whenever.

I still have some similar traits... "

I found I could hover between groups and got along well with most everyone. I was just hopeless with girls!

I was rebellious and sexually frustrated. Plus ca change!

I still have some similar traits...

I found I could hover between groups and got along well with most everyone. I was just hopeless with girls! "

Not changed much then

I was the girliest tomboy you could imagine.

I played ice hockey with the ladies and with the mens rec team, always with a full face of make up.

Listened to all kinds of different music, much the same as now.

I had a mouth on me and wasn't afraid to fight, although most of the time I was the peacemaker as I'm not a fan of conflict, yet I won't shy from it.

I'm probably about the same size again now, after many years with my weight fluctuating

P

So I guess not much has changed really. "

Your voice does project when you speak makes it impossible for you to go unnoticed

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I was a country bumpkin! My parents were farmers so my teenage years were spent eventing and horse competitions.

They were great years though when I look back. I didn’t like school at all but I came out with decent grades and went on to start the career I have now

I was hard working, had my first job aged 13 then had 2 jobs by the time I was 16.

My home life wasn't ideal. My dad was an alcoholic which meant I grew up fast. I moved out aged 18 and have been independent my whole life it seems! I was mature but still reckless at times. Liked attention off boys... that's all I'm saying!!

Shy, lacking confidence, geeky, sporty and usually on a pair of inline skates.

"I was a country bumpkin! My parents were farmers so my teenage years were spent eventing and horse competitions.

They were great years though when I look back. I didn’t like school at all but I came out with decent grades and went on to start the career I have now"

I love horsey girls...

When I use to bunk school I use to take my Trotter out on the country lanes. Getting pulled up by PC Plod whilst driving a horse and trying to explain why I wasn't in school

You've still more front than Brighton

Hmmm you can talk! "

Meaning ?

Very different.

Not something I’d share publicly.

My wife saved me.

"Shy, lacking confidence, geeky, sporty and usually on a pair of inline skates. "

I loved mine!!! Wore my nieces a few weeks ago, it's more exhausting than I remember it being

By *an_LexaCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Looked like I do now although my hair was curly, it was the 80s. Until I split with my boyfriend who loved my hair. So of course, I cut it in a bob with a fringe, straightened it and dyed it black. Think Uma Thurman pulp fiction style.

I was kinda reckless and did a few things I probably shouldn’t have but hey, no regrets

By *irth.Minge.FireMan  over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Just a little less girthy, minus the minge & fire...

I was a dreamer. Still am

By *ockNRollArtistMan  over a year ago

Derby

Shy, introverted, a lot skinnier. Much like now though, spent a lot of time painting and listening to music. Always been a free spirit and pretty liberal with it.

I think I'm a bit more confident now, even if my issues with my shape can hide that until I get to know people.

It's odd to think that it's only really my confidence and weight that have fluctuated.

By *nowwhitexxx1Woman  over a year ago

Hull

I was always seen as a teachers pet at school, I think everyone thought I was little miss goody too shoes..and would be so surprised when they saw me at a nightclub or something ..

I was probably more confident back then.. Although that is increasing again slowly now. And I've always had a passionate side it just got lost and buried along the way but its been delicious discovering it again

About 9 stone, not in with the popular kids at school. A bit anonymous really.

Left and joined the RAF, changed in a matter of months. Confidence, filled out, huge difference.

I was an emo, used to play guitar a lot and was in multiple bands with my friends. One of them has done really well and played Reading festival a few years ago

I was a massive boffin and would get random people in my class ringing me to help them with their homework

I was never a cool kid and didn't particularly fit in anywhere other than with my best friend, we were inseparable!

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

I left school weighing 8 stone. Classic skinny nerd. I was always the outsider as my parents moved a lot. Took me a long time to become who I should have been. I still surprise myself sometimes when I look in the mirror. Somewhere in the back of my head I still think I am that 8 stone kid..

Muay Thai and Ju jitsu were my saviour..

Early teens. Fucking awful. I was an oddball and a misfit, bullied at school, physically amd emotionally abused by my father, unsure of my sexuality. Just fucking awful and I'm amazed I made out out alive.

Mid teens (late 1980s) discovered what was then deemed to be the alternative music scene amd found I was far from the only oddball and misfit in Birmingham just the only one on my school. Discovered live music in dingy pubs, discover cider, discovered that girls did actually like me. And things improved greatly.

By *llenGTWoman  over a year ago

East/West Mids

"I was feral......

Never in school......

"

Ditto. All worked out ok though!

By *llenGTWoman  over a year ago

East/West Mids

I can relate to this

I still have some similar traits... "

By *reamytitwankCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

Naughty

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

kept to myself.

"Early teens. Fucking awful. I was an oddball and a misfit, bullied at school, physically amd emotionally abused by my father, unsure of my sexuality. Just fucking awful and I'm amazed I made out out alive.

Mid teens (late 1980s) discovered what was then deemed to be the alternative music scene amd found I was far from the only oddball and misfit in Birmingham just the only one on my school. Discovered live music in dingy pubs, discover cider, discovered that girls did actually like me. And things improved greatly."

"Shy, lacking confidence, geeky, sporty and usually on a pair of inline skates.

I loved mine!!! Wore my nieces a few weeks ago, it's more exhausting than I remember it being "

YES.. I'm more Bambi than Thumper these days

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

I was well behaved at school, very slim with big boobs and dark brown hair that changed colour once each dye had faded so it went from pink, purple, blue, green, black, red. I went through all the directions hair dyes in my teens.

Personality wise as I am now with less swearing.

Awkward, shit at eye contact, an utter piss head to negate the first two and I used to get myself into a lot of trouble.....

.....very immature but loyal to the point of defending the indefensible in my friends. I'd have hated to know me at the time tbf....

A complete tear away, tomboy, always causing mayhem wherever I went...I’m not like that anymore though...honest

"Shy, lacking confidence, geeky, sporty and usually on a pair of inline skates.

I loved mine!!! Wore my nieces a few weeks ago, it's more exhausting than I remember it being

YES.. I'm more Bambi than Thumper these days "

Haha! I hear ya! I think I pulled my back

I was an absolute fucking spanner. Still am.

A good girl, never gave my parents any trouble. Worked hard, never went far, had a few select friends.

Even went to bible class, and was in the School choir.

I was the only frizzy, brown chubby girl from a poor family amongst a sea of white middle class kids

I hated being a teenager - I hated school and I hated my home life.

I used to hide behind humour and bad behaviour- no change there then

5ft 9 since i was 12 i was only interested in sports and school yard fights until 16 when i became a shithead did some stupid crazy stuff and had the marty mcfly mentality

At 18 i was playing rep rugby league and continued to play to a high standard until took some bad coaching advise put on too much weight and dislocated my knee

And as a result lost my pace

I was a very angry boy until i had my first son

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Extremely focused in doing well at school, strict, nerdy and a class monitor but refuse to be one of the school prefects. Soft/pouf but never get bullied because I will definitely fight back. Cocky.

My teen years weren't my happiest

I was the fat kid

I was quiet, had few friends and used to spend long periods alone in my room making imaginary lives for myself

I was clever, but shit at exams

I tried to please

I tried to do things to get in with the in-crowd, so much so that I flunked all my O' Levels apart from 1

No way was I mature enough for work, so I had to do an extra 12 months at 6th Form doing my school exams again before I did my A's

I didn't go to discos, I was crap with girls, people laughed at me and I was bullied

I look back on it with sadness

Adulthood has been much kinder to me

Everyone has put a lot more detail than my 4 words. It's actually hard to read a lot of these. Firstly, it's difficult to read that so many people were having terrible times. I hope all your lives improved in adulthood. Secondly, it's hard to read about the good teenage years that everyone else experienced as it's something I was denied. I'm glad people were able to have the adolescence they deserved, but I feel bereft reading about it.

I used to say ‘innit’ a lot, but then I grew out of it.

"I used to say ‘innit’ a lot, but then I grew out of it."
did u say bruv too?

Oh....he's back

"I used to say ‘innit’ a lot, but then I grew out of it.did u say bruv too?"

No, not even to my brother.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Yay , you're back.

My favourite phrase.

"I used to say ‘innit’ a lot, but then I grew out of it.did u say bruv too?

No, not even to my brother. "

do u realise how many mourners you had

"Everyone has put a lot more detail than my 4 words. It's actually hard to read a lot of these. Firstly, it's difficult to read that so many people were having terrible times. I hope all your lives improved in adulthood. Secondly, it's hard to read about the good teenage years that everyone else experienced as it's something I was denied. I'm glad people were able to have the adolescence they deserved, but I feel bereft reading about it. "

there is a saying that it's not how the journey begins, but how it ends

Put that thing away, you nearly had my eye out.

I was a lot more confident(although still shy) more adventurous.slimmer always out and about....strange how getting married to the wrong man can change all that

No, not even to my brother. do u realise how many mourners you had "

Think you mean moaners!

"I used to say ‘innit’ a lot, but then I grew out of it.

Yay , you're back."

Three weeks ago with all the other lurkers innit.... Smh

"Everyone has put a lot more detail than my 4 words. It's actually hard to read a lot of these. Firstly, it's difficult to read that so many people were having terrible times. I hope all your lives improved in adulthood. Secondly, it's hard to read about the good teenage years that everyone else experienced as it's something I was denied. I'm glad people were able to have the adolescence they deserved, but I feel bereft reading about it.

there is a saying that it's not how the journey begins, but how it ends "

It hasn't ended yet and I'm enjoying the ride

No, not even to my brother. do u realise how many mourners you had

Think you mean moaners! "

it was like pablo escabar was killed all over again

Yay , you're back.

Three weeks ago with all the other lurkers innit.... Smh "

You’re so cool and edgy.

I was a mess!

Bipolar without realising it, trying to come to terms with sexual abuse and just completely stressed out by everything.

I was out every weekend on the lash from about the age of 14, trying to drink my problems away.

My teenage years were horrendous tbh, I spent most of them suicidal and angry at the world!

Thankfully, i got through all that shite and I'm alreet now for the most part

Yay , you're back.

You’re so cool and edgy."

Towel,rail your back

"Everyone has put a lot more detail than my 4 words. It's actually hard to read a lot of these. Firstly, it's difficult to read that so many people were having terrible times. I hope all your lives improved in adulthood. Secondly, it's hard to read about the good teenage years that everyone else experienced as it's something I was denied. I'm glad people were able to have the adolescence they deserved, but I feel bereft reading about it.

there is a saying that it's not how the journey begins, but how it ends

It hasn't ended yet and I'm enjoying the ride "

That's what counts

Yay , you're back.

You’re so cool and edgy."

Thanks

I was quiet and shy, the chubby geeky looking girl in nhs black specs and never having the money to dress the same as everyone else. I spent a lot of my time at school being bullied. I was clever but had so much pressure to be the best that I couldn’t handle it. I had a small group of friends but even then I was emotionally distant. I was never confident and was taken advantage of by people as I tried to please everyone. It took me until my early twenties to start finding myself. X

By *inkysexpotMan  over a year ago

leeds

Short, fat, fuzzy haired tear away....still short, part time tear away and pleasantly plump now

» Add a new message to this topic