FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Iran? question time

Iran? question time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Brought up on question time about war.

In short,Iran has made weapon grade Uranium which can only really be used for weapons.

the U.S and other countries don't want this and even talk of war again.

China get 50% of their oil from Iran so anyway war would affect China.

what are your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

When the alliance invaded Iraq it was probably because Bush got the spelling wrong in the meeting.....he was probably told that Iran was a far greater threat to world peace than Iraq ever was, in much the same way that attacking Pakistan would have more sense than war in Afghanistan....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have weapons grade uranium and have had for many years, we should watch out as the yanks might invade us, Oh no silly me we dont have the oil fields that Iran has.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Thoughts on what...invading another country because we dont like the way it is run...no thanks.Especially one that if left alone will change, there is a movement for change in Iran, and interfering will not help them.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

there will be plenty of redundant workers to enlist in this 'great cause'..

except for the establishment and their sons..

hexham

"there will be plenty of redundant workers to enlist in this 'great cause'..

"

have you rad tommy atkins?

Torquay

Does make me laugh that the government keeps sabre rattling over Iran....and uses the other hand to write the orders to cut thousands more from our armed forces.

What is the point talking about it. War is A case of when... It's been coming for a while..... Anyone watching world affairs can see that...

I'm just waiting for how bad the fuel prices will get.

Cali

Can we just all agree, however this thread develops, that we all promise to NOT quote that batshit rent-a-gob Melanie Phillips?

in Lancashire

have you rad tommy atkins?"

yes so bloody sad..

they should drag any newly elected politician to tyne cott cemetry and the menin gate..

the actual cost of sabre rattling, failed diplomacy etc..

I reckon we should attack every country that produces large quantities of oil (cept America of course cos they our chums), which would drive the price of crude through the roof which means nobody would be able to afford it and then they'd have to look at alternative ways of heating their homes and they'd have to have solar panels installed and hey, guess what, I just finished a course on installing them!

Attack Iran.. NOW!! Ta.

in Lancashire

"Can we just all agree, however this thread develops, that we all promise to NOT quote that batshit rent-a-gob Melanie Phillips?"

she is beyond the pale..

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Everyone needs to remember it all about the war on terrorist, who first to bomb the yanks they been biggest terrorist for years. No sorry they are freedom fighters by some other meaning all about the oil.

[Removed by poster at 27/01/12 15:33:45]

"Everyone needs to remember it all about the war on terrorist, who first to bomb the yanks, they been biggest terrorist for years. No sorry they are freedom fighters by some other meaning, all about the oil. "

Shall we insert some puntucation in there to see if we can make sense of what you said. Let's see.

Yup, as I thought, you're talking about Al-Qaeda.

"Everyone needs to remember it all about the war on terrorist, who first to bomb the yanks they been biggest terrorist for years. No sorry they are freedom fighters by some other meaning all about the oil. "

Not quite sure what you mean. I checked your profile so I am not mocking the post. I just am not sure about the meaning of the message.

Wishy, nuc is blind so bear that in mind.

dudley

"[Removed by poster at 27/01/12 15:33:45]"

Who funded the Taliban when USSR invaded and every conflict that they get involved in since early 1900's. Yanks love a good war to make dollars at until it goes tits up and all of a sudden they go from freedom fighter to terrorist overnight

Torquay

I think your idea of terrorism is way different than mine....

Bombing London Tube Trains, bombing London buses, bombing Madrid trains, flying planes into skyscrapers, Mumbai hotel massacre......

That's what I think when I hear the word terrorism.

comments on a few you tube videos seem to be mostly kids thinking its going to be a nuclear war.

I remember the 80s program made about surviving a nuke. Get under a table, be safe there.

"I think your idea of terrorism is way different than mine....

Bombing London Tube Trains, bombing London buses, bombing Madrid trains, flying planes into skyscrapers, Mumbai hotel massacre......

That's what I think when I hear the word terrorism."

Agreed, but what about training and equipping South American death squads, assassinating moderate left-wing dissidents etc?

dudley

Terrorism has many faces forcing someone to do or believe what you wish is one form. I gone though a few conflicts with government trying to force their wishes onto others never worked and never will.

"Everyone needs to remember it all about the war on terrorist, who first to bomb the yanks, they been biggest terrorist for years. No sorry they are freedom fighters by some other meaning, all about the oil.

Shall we insert some puntucation in there to see if we can make sense of what you said. Let's see.

Yup, as I thought, you're talking about Al-Qaeda."

You appear to be confusing Al Gore with al Qaida. The "al" in the latter is not a name and is not spelled with a capital 'a' (whatever some British newspapers might think). It means 'the"-in this case the Base or Foundation or something akin to this (there is no direct translation from the Arabic into English).

"[Removed by poster at 27/01/12 15:33:45]

Who funded the Taliban when USSR invaded and every conflict that they get involved in since early 1900's. Yanks love a good war to make dollars at until it goes tits up and all of a sudden they go from freedom fighter to terrorist overnight"

The Taliban did not exist when the USSR invaded Afghanistan.The Taliban are the children of the refugees from Afghanistan during that time.

The American government funded the Islamic fighters who became al Qaida and their like.

All for it sooner the better .

"Everyone needs to remember it all about the war on terrorist, who first to bomb the yanks, they been biggest terrorist for years. No sorry they are freedom fighters by some other meaning, all about the oil.

You appear to be confusing Al Gore with al Qaida. The "al" in the latter is not a name and is not spelled with a capital 'a' (whatever some British newspapers might think). It means 'the"-in this case the Base or Foundation or something akin to this (there is no direct translation from the Arabic into English)."

Al Qaeda. There. At the start of a sentence we capitalise the first letter. Satisfied?

Who funded the Taliban when USSR invaded and every conflict that they get involved in since early 1900's. Yanks love a good war to make dollars at until it goes tits up and all of a sudden they go from freedom fighter to terrorist overnight

The Taliban did not exist when the USSR invaded Afghanistan.The Taliban are the children of the refugees from Afghanistan during that time.

The American government funded the Islamic fighters who became al Qaida and their like.

"

The Soviet war in Afghanistan was a nine-year conflict during the Cold war involving the Soviet Union, supporting the Marxist-Leninist government of the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan against the Afghan Mujahideen guerrilla movement and foreign "Arab–Afghan" volunteers. The mujahideen received unofficial military and/or financial support from a variety of countries including the United States, Saudi Arabia, the United Kingdom, Pakistan, Israel, Indonesia and China. The Afghan government, with the Soviet Union as its ally, received different aid from the government of India under Indira Gandhi.

hexham

have you rad tommy atkins?

yes so bloody sad..

they should drag any newly elected politician to tyne cott cemetry and the menin gate..

the actual cost of sabre rattling, failed diplomacy etc..

"

The really sad fact is nothing ever changes, governments create demons to distract from their own incompetencies and ppl fall for it over and over again.

We are reaping the rewards across the middle east of decisions based on colonialism, greed and interfering in nations rights to self determination, from our lies to the kurds post ww1 to supporting the shah.

Torquay

You appear to be confusing Al Gore with al Qaida. The "al" in the latter is not a name and is not spelled with a capital 'a' (whatever some British newspapers might think). It means 'the"-in this case the Base or Foundation or something akin to this (there is no direct translation from the Arabic into English).

Al Qaeda. There. At the start of a sentence we capitalise the first letter. Satisfied? "

Back of the class Wishy....the spelling teacher has decided you are a very naughty boy.

Let this be a lesson learned....

Al Qaeda. There. At the start of a sentence we capitalise the first letter. Satisfied?

Back of the class Wishy....the spelling teacher has decided you are a very naughty boy.

Let this be a lesson learned.... "

Hey, I'm English so I follow English rules of diction and as far as I'm concerned it's Al Qaeda... who are a bit of a limp biscuit since old fuzzy face got himself whacked by the 'Mericans.

By *un_JuiceCouple  over a year ago

Nr Chester

Wonder if the allied forces hit them before the Olympics or after yet another false flag terrorist attack, the games is an opportunity to shake the world, us all unite in the need to address this - complete martial law.

Problem, reaction, solution.

It like many other instances appears to be foretold on the Illuminati card game.

By *yronMan  over a year ago

grangemouth

There's also an earlier one which says you should lie in a ditch with a piece of paper over your face. That would protect you from fallout.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Brought up on question time about war.

In short,Iran has made weapon grade Uranium which can only really be used for weapons.

what are your thoughts?"

China have already told America to back off from Iran.

I wonder if even Obama has the balls to pick a fight with Iran AND China.

If he doesn't back off, China isn't alone, Russia would prob get involved. Only takes one person to press the red button and everyone else will follow.

jesus ppl its a little bit more than just oil!!

A country that islotes its self from all others has developed the means to wipe out anyone it dont like and has lied to everyone about it!! They test fire rockets that have the range to cause massive loss of life!!.

Does anyone remember what happend the last few times someone wanted to either get rid of a race... (hitler 6 million jews) Or test a new wepon (saddam hussain 50,000 1988). We live wether you all like it or not in a democratic state and that brings with it responsabilitys i.e to ensure civil rights, equal rights for females (scghooling, being able to work ,having any rights at all!!)and to protect the weak. if the iran regime falls then countless number of ppl may die but what if it succeds !!! how long before entire citys are wiped out for generations to come !! tell you what lets all just sit her and see what develops x

... OO I nearly forgot anyone who wants too rip the shite of o me by slating my spelling and grammer go and poke your self

dudley

"jesus ppl its a little bit more than just oil!!

A country that islotes its self from all others has developed the means to wipe out anyone it dont like and has lied to everyone about it!! They test fire rockets that have the range to cause massive loss of life!!.

Does anyone remember what happend the last few times someone wanted to either get rid of a race... (hitler 6 million jews) Or test a new wepon (saddam hussain 50,000 1988). We live wether you all like it or not in a democratic state and that brings with it responsabilitys i.e to ensure civil rights, equal rights for females (scghooling, being able to work ,having any rights at all!!)and to protect the weak. if the iran regime falls then countless number of ppl may die but what if it succeds !!! how long before entire citys are wiped out for generations to come !! tell you what lets all just sit her and see what develops x

... OO I nearly forgot anyone who wants too rip the shite of o me by slating my spelling and grammer go and poke your self "

But what nations created Iran and iraq in the first place is seems history has a way of smacking you in the face.

P.S hammer sounded alright to me

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

... OO I nearly forgot anyone who wants too rip the shite of o me by slating my spelling and grammer go and poke your self "

There is only one country that Iran is interested in .........

And it ain't Britain or America.......

Try looking at the state of affairs between Israel and Iran and you might be nearer to why Iran are eager to build nuclear weapons........

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

a day with out blood is like a day

without sunshine

briton helped lay the foundation of both countrys granted but !!! their cultures have been around a lot longer!

most iranians love the british we still have hospitals over there named after the queen, and our war graves are still tended to but... as with all countrys its the minority that hold the power by fear and an iron rod!! they have gotten away with to much over a too long a time!!!

And as for iraq just google saddam hussian and tell me that we still had no option but to relase that country from his grip!!!!!

I DONT EVER WANT TOO COME ACROSS AS A WAR JOCKEY ...BUT WE NEED TO SORT IT NOW BEFORE WE ARE FIGHTING IT ON OUR STREETS

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

saddam was a bad lad granted;

but he had to be to keep order'

just look whats happend to the place

the lot thats replaced him arnt going to be any better

EXACTLY... israel the home of religon every war that has ever been instigated has been over land or religon...

Once or IF war breaks out the whole region becomes even more unstable but this time its not a land war its an armchair war where millions of lifes can be wiped by insane dictators

yeah i get what you mean but they have a goverment that was voted in and girls can go to school and vote and get a little sun on thier legs without being stoned to death for it

but once again its a minority of ppl with a little power who are causing the problems.

Can they wipe us out in 45 minutes Bob? Can they? Can they do that?

Shall we write a dossier Bob?

Seems like there is only one course of action to follow.....

I'm going to hide under the table with my piece of paper over my head, my Frankie "2 Tribes" Cd on and my "War Go Hide Yourself" t-shirt from the 80s.

That'll do it.

dudley

Lennon had it right "all you need is love"

By *ushroom7Man  over a year ago

Bradford

"Lennon had it right "all you need is love" "

And give peace a chance!

aw well lets just all sit back and hope we dont have another chernobyl where we 0000 dies of the fall out years after the 000000 die from the attack. but its all ok its not affecting us is it xx

dudley

"aw well lets just all sit back and hope we dont have another chernobyl where we 0000 dies of the fall out years after the 000000 die from the attack. but its all ok its not affecting us is it xx"

No doubt it will, usually end up paying more and losing people who we care about.

Bob- who on earth are you going to send to "sort them out"?

Even that bastion of left wing though (that's sarcasm) The Telegraph report that the British Army is to be cut to it's lowest level since The Boer War 130-odd years ago and all arms of the defence forces are facing reductions.

Who are you sending to Iran?

I think we should tell the arab world that money has been superceded by sand and as they have most of the sand in the world they are the richest nations. It would be hilarious to watch them squabbling over who owns the most sand.

Meanwhile...

"Bob- who on earth are you going to send to "sort them out"?

Even that bastion of left wing though (that's sarcasm) The Telegraph report that the British Army is to be cut to it's lowest level since The Boer War 130-odd years ago and all arms of the defence forces are facing reductions.

Who are you sending to Iran?"

The Americans?

Torquay

I'm guessing we can kiss goodbye to the Falklands....I heard we were going to hire that liner that crashed the other day but the Italian captain fecked that option right up!

Torquay

"Bob- who on earth are you going to send to "sort them out"?

Who are you sending to Iran?"

The X Men or the Fantastic Four?

"A country that islotes its self from all others has developed the means to wipe out anyone it dont like and has lied to everyone about it!! They test fire rockets that have the range to cause massive loss of life!!.

etc..."

Few I thought you were talking about North Korea for a while...... or India or Pakistan or....

The Missile range of Iran's best missile is about 2100km, they are over 5000km from the uk... and we have nukes that can land on all there main cities if we choose to... as does Israel China and the USA, the threat level is low...

Since the end of the Cold War the bipolarity (or supposed bipolarity) that kept the peace for so long has completely disappeared. Now all we have is the US on one side squaring up how it can further the open door policy to marketisation and secure more and more oil fields.

Anyone who doubts the US' intentions should question why the UN interevened in Libya but not in Syria or Tunisia!

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

The problem as I see it is not with Iran possibly attacking us by direct means i.e. large missiles etc., but with them using indirect means, or providing others with small devices (suitcase nukes).

Iran has stated it would like to see Isreal "wiped off the map", Isreal may already be killing Iranian nuclear scientists (one died not long ago in his car when a bomb detonated under it), so the seeds of a clandestine war are already there.

I cant see China actively getting involved in a conflict involving the USA if Iran is seen by the rest of the world as the aggressor, so my gut feeling is that Iran may provide a terrorist group (or freedom fighters, depending on your point of _iew) based in Isreal or the occupied territories with the means to deliver a massive strike.

Or.... if the Iranians are really stupid, they might attack one of the warships in the Straits of Hormus (sp), under the guise of al Queaida, and get an almighty ass-whupping.

I think theyu might try a bit of brinkmanship, perhaps try to provoke us or the yanks into giving them a slap.

Let's be honest with ourselves......

There is no way on earth that we or anyone else is going to invade Iran because they have nuclear weapons. Because they have nuclear weapons.

That's the point of having them........

The massive shame of the Iraq war is that they told lie about Sadam having 'WMDs' because if they hadn't

a)the western nations populations would be far more supportive of action in Iran

and

b) the US would still have an army and the money left to use it in Iran.

China and Russia will not let a UN resolution get through the security council and the US no longer has the political capital to act without a mandate, so talk of any action in Iran by NATO is just a load of hot air, frankly.

What is much more likely is action by Israel, they have acted to destroy fast breeder reactors before, they have never acquiesced to world opinion before and regularly undertake unilateral action in the region. With the arab spring their neighbors are far to weak to pose a coherent threat.

Nostrodamus prophesied that the end of the world (or at least humanities soujourn) would happen because of the people in the middle east and I am far more convinced that he was right than the Mayans......

grangemouth

I'm sory, but it is just about oil: Bush wanted Iraq invaded so that he could get his hands on Iraq's oil supply, Iraq having one third of the world's supply of oil. Obama supported the toppling of the Gadaffi regime because Libya has oil. Now compare and contrast this with Syria which doesn't produce oil. Human rights abuses are rampant, the government is undemocratic and has more in common with medieval feudalism than anything else and the regime itself is behind the vast majority of terrorist offences in the mid east (and beyond) in the last 40 years. Yet there is no mention of sending troops to Syria, no sabre-rattling against them, no threats of sanctions. Is it because they don't produce oil? I can't see it being anything else.

Also, on the point of missiles.... Erm, yes? What's your point? The UK, France, Russia, USA, India and Pakistan all have nuclear missiles. Why are they allowed to have them and not anyone else? To makes matters worse, the USA still stands as the only country in the world that has used WMD's (in this case atomic weapons) against another country - how can they be seen as responsible enough to keep them and not Iran?

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

" Or test a new wepon (saddam hussain 50,000 1988)"

And where do you think the weapons of mass destruction that wiped out those people?

Correct it was the US when they were friendly with Saddam and even used satellites to show Saddam where to use them.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

how dare you lot start a foreign policy thread without at least sending me a memo.... jeez!!!!

i'll come back to this when i have sorted out a decent reply... lol

Newcastle and Gateshead

oil has a part to do with it.... regional power is the other....

the day iran comes close to actually developing a nuke is the day i expect israel to launch an attack on it....

who would iran aim weapons at.... israel, obviously.... russia possibly, saudi arabia probably (who they have never really gotten on with) iraq, bahrain ect ect ect........

any potential conflict is going to make the oil price rise.. which actually isn't going to make iran unhappy.... if fact, if just waving it around gets people attention that will be enough.......

It is not the case that it is only US who has used WMDs (there is no need for the apostrophe as the WMD is not possessive....no, wait, that was a different thread.....) We, the French and the Germans used WMDs in the first world war (Gas), Iraq have used them (and it was Britain that sold them the Equipment to brew it, as well as all the parts to construct the super gun).

Syria is difficult because there are no regional powers who would allow Nato power to be used. There is, in fact, a large amount of saber rattling, much noise coming from the EU in the UN security council, but since Syria has nothing to sell us we can't threaten not to buy anything from them.

In fact, the US had little to do with Libya and what they did do was under duress, Libya was an Anglo French operation (the first since Suez...)

Where do you get the idea that Iraq has a 3rd off the available oil reserves? 92.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot..........

Bradford

Not enetirely correct Georgy.

The USA had a lot to do with Libya, they flew over 5,000 sorties before handing over to the British/French/Italians.

They provide satellite images.

There is unlikely to be a UN resolution on Syria due to the US/British/French deceit on the UN resolution re Libya, that air cover was only to be used to protect civilians, there were to be no "boots" on the ground. Now clearly acknowledged to be not the case.

Why would Iran strike at Russia? It would be a foolish thing to do.

It is aslo little known that someone, most likely the Israelis, took out a Syrian nuclear plant a coupla years back, so yes they will most likely strike if needs be.

Interesting times.

I say vote to bring back Persia. They were quite civilised.

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

i would be willing to bet,they have weapons of mass destruction as well.

the same as those iraq bastards.

does iran have any oil???

Bradford

"i would be willing to bet,they have weapons of mass destruction as well.

does iran have any oil??? "

crude, heavy or light? Rapeseed, sunflower, vegetable or 3 in 1?

How much would you like?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Why would Iran strike at Russia? It would be a foolish thing to do.

It is aslo little known that someone, most likely the Israelis, took out a Syrian nuclear plant a coupla years back, so yes they will most likely strike if needs be.

Interesting times.

I say vote to bring back Persia. They were quite civilised.

"

iran certainly wouldn't strike at russia, but russia would lose any leverage they have in the middle east at all..... but i am sure the russians wouldn't fancy another neighbour with nukes...

and now the israeli's don't take out power plants.. they take out nuclear scientists... one was a victim of a "car bomb" a few weeks ago....

Bradford

Not to mention Stuxnet either.

Unfortunately all these things only delay matters.

glasgow

How much would you like?"

hmmmmm i thought as much,iran is also responsible for the escalating cost of sunflower oil.

bomb the bastards,tuna in brine is just not the same.

Bradford

How much would you like?

hmmmmm i thought as much,iran is also responsible for the escalating cost of sunflower oil.

bomb the bastards,tuna in brine is just not the same. "

You're telling me it's not. I can tell the difference between tuna in brine and haddock any day of the month.

glasgow

How much would you like?

You're telling me it's not. I can tell the difference between tuna in brine and haddock any day of the month."

me also,oh except on tuesdays.

on tuesdays they seem suspiciously similar.

i always suspected the iranians,for this taste illusion.

bomb the bastards.

ps i also suspect the cast of,the only way is essex,are more than a little involved.

can we bomb them as well,please.

Bradford

How much would you like?

You're telling me it's not. I can tell the difference between tuna in brine and haddock any day of the month.

me also,oh except on tuesdays.

on tuesdays they seem suspiciously similar.

i always suspected the iranians,for this taste illusion.

bomb the bastards.

ps i also suspect the cast of,the only way is essex,are more than a little involved.

can we bomb them as well,please. "

You do know that GCHQ are running a sweep on how many times that rampant scotsman is saying the word bomb?

glasgow

GCHQ,they're no innocent bystanders.

bomb the bastards.

oh no wait a minute,is that the GCHQ in the middle east,bomb the bastards.

or is it the GCHQ in africa,where we cannot intervene,and they must find thier own way.???

China import from Iran 50% of their oil so any conflict will piss them off.

No one wants to see Iran with nukes and they don't listen so conflict is very likely.

China are already pissed at the U.S, for something to do with money, can't remember full details.

If we let Iran build these nukes, other countries maybe attacked with them, some sold to terrorists who happen to not like the U.k

If we do see countries deciding to go and stop them being built, conflict may cause big tension with China, any excuse to press red buttons.

So either way, both outcomes affect us all so someone should sort all the governments out.

[Removed by poster at 28/01/12 02:04:20]

"

If we let Iran build these nukes, other countries maybe attacked with them, some sold to terrorists who happen to not like the U.k"

This particular genie was let out of the bottle when the UK and other European countries' atomic research establishments allowed a Pakistani scientist, Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan, to work for them. He then took the technology back to his homeland.

Pakistan in turn provided North Korea with nuclear know-how.

Iran's general population is better educated and sophisticated than Pakistan and certainly North Korea.

There is a sizeable percentage of Iranians who detest the theocracy in charge of their country, witness the Green Revolution, but they also feel very threatened by the West's and Israel's sabre-rattling. We need to somehow help them prevail.

By *isterTeaseMan  over a year ago

Chigwell

"I'm sory, but it is just about oil: Bush wanted Iraq invaded so that he could get his hands on Iraq's oil supply, Iraq having one third of the world's supply of oil. Obama supported the toppling of the Gadaffi regime because Libya has oil. Now compare and contrast this with Syria which doesn't produce oil. Human rights abuses are rampant, the government is undemocratic and has more in common with medieval feudalism than anything else and the regime itself is behind the vast majority of terrorist offences in the mid east (and beyond) in the last 40 years. Yet there is no mention of sending troops to Syria, no sabre-rattling against them, no threats of sanctions. Is it because they don't produce oil? I can't see it being anything else.

Also, on the point of missiles.... Erm, yes? What's your point? The UK, France, Russia, USA, India and Pakistan all have nuclear missiles. Why are they allowed to have them and not anyone else? To makes matters worse, the USA still stands as the only country in the world that has used WMD's (in this case atomic weapons) against another country - how can they be seen as responsible enough to keep them and not Iran?"

By *ever been kissedMan  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Conspiricy theorists claim the nuclear reactor built by the Iranians is directly above the largest oil field in Iran....so any attack on the actual site is a not forthcoming. Regime change is required by the west....invasion is unlikely....I can't see it happening.

Saying that i feel something will happen this year that will have a major impact on how we live our lives....be it a natural disaster or man-made.I can feel it in my bones (oooooooooohhhhhhhhh)

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 28/01/12 06:45:53]

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

some war mongering Americans waving a Bible from the central belt v's some war mongering Iranians waving a Koran

I'm not sure who I would want standing behind me with a gun..

note use of 'some'

By *on101bristolMan  over a year ago

Bristol

As an Asian guy who was born in England I can see both sides and am used to hearing all the usual arguments.

It seems nations that have 'nukes' are safe from invasion. So I can understand why a country would want them and as someone has already pointed out the only country that has used them in anger is the U.S.A.

Currently it is ominous that Hilary Clinton has been flying around the world to countries like Japan and China and offering Libyan oil if they stop buying oil from Iran,it's almost as if someone had a plan eh?

Something else that isn't reported widely is that Afghanistan sits on one of the world biggest deposits of Lithium approximately a $1,000,000,000,000 (as reported by Reuters news agency and that's an American trillion)as well as significant deposits of copper, iron ore,cobalt, gold and silver.I think we all know how the price of all those of sky-rocketed. why do I mention Lithium in particular though? 'cause it's the stuff that goes in rechargeable batteries (LI-ion batteries) and once the oil runs out we'll be needing a lot of those batteries in ours cars not to mention mobile phones & laptops. Like I said someone had a plan eh?

The powers that be can use 'the politics of fear' (a great BBC programme for anyone that saw it) to scare us into letting them do what they wish.

If Israel is worried it should do it's own dirty work.Anyone who has read the 'The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Sion' which were recorded over a 100 years ago will see a pattern in world events over that period.

here is the table of contents:

Preface

Introduction

Who are the Elders?

Protocol I The Basic Doctrine

Protocol II Economic Wars

Protocol III Methods of Conquest

Protocol IV Materialism Replace Religion

Protocol V Despotism and Modern Progress

Protocol VI Take-Over Technique

Protocol VII World-Wide Wars

Protocol VIII Provisional Government

Protocol IX Re-education

Protocol X Preparing for Power

Protocol XI The Totalitarian State

Protocol XII Control of the Press

Protoco XIII Distractions

Protocol XIV Assault on Religion

Protocol XV Ruthless Suppression

Protocol XVI Brainwashing

Protocol XVII Abuse of Authority

Protocol XVIII Arrest of Opponents

Protocol XIX Rulers and People

Protocol XX Financial Programme

Protocol XXI Loans and Credit

Protocol XXII Power of Gold

Protocol XXIII Instilling Obedience

Protocol XXIV Qualities of the Ruler

If you wish to read it you'll have to google it.

If someone is going to police the world then do it fairly. Don't attack a whole country when an Individual is to blame. And be consistent! don't turn the other way because the country doesn't have oil, Zimbabwe for example.

The recent 'financial crisis' has shown us who really runs the world. Why should we pick up the pieces for people who couldn't run the banks? we were told it was to save the world from depression? well they took our money and it still happened and while I'm on the subject who are these people in the 'city' trying to 'break' the Euro? and why? what are you up to? does someone have a plan eh?

Having said all that I am glad that some people read between the lines when they read the Sun & the Mail (other papers are available) and feel a lot of love for the millions who marched against the war.

It's 2012 we need the people on our spaceship Earth to work together to feed,house and clothe the starving whether they are in this country or abroad.We are all the same at the end of the day we all want a good/easy life and the best for us and our family and friends.

'In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you' J.Jackson - The knowledge - Rhythm Nation 1814

You all have a good weekend

much love

Don

what are your thoughts?"

Where are you getting your information from? They haven't made weapon grade uranium! It will take them years to make "weapons grade" because they don't have very good facilities. I had to study this and what i found out was shocking! I think if you dig a little deeper than what the media says you'll find that actually a lot of what is said is propaganda!

In 2004 head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), ElBaradel, reported that he found no indication that there were any undeclared "source or special nuclear materials in Iran nor that "source or special nuclear materials" were being or had ever been used in furtherance to military purpose.

Following the report the US, contrary to the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty (NPT), demanded that Iran should give up their uranium enrichment. Iran agreed 'voluntarily' to suspend unranium enrichment and enter into talks.

After the talks came to a stale mate Iran informed the IAEA that they would resume enrichment. It was at this point the US pushed for the referral of Iran to the security council in Feb 06.

Just a few other points.

As a member of the nuclear prolifieration treaty it is the inalienable right of all parties to the treaty to develop research, production and use of nuclear energy for peaceful purposes (article IV:1 NPT)(Iran were one of the first to sign upto the NPT in Jul 68. They also signed the additional protocal in Feb 03)

America has neither signed or implemented the additional protocal.

Israel, Pakistan and India refused to sign the NPT! (This may have changed as it was about 4 years ago when I did my paper.

On 15 Feb 07 Stephen Rademaker, the former US Assistant Secretary for international Security and Non-Proliferation, confessed that the US coerced India to vote against Iran which resulted in Iran's file being reported to the UN security Council.

Just to be clear. Refinement of Weapon grade Uranium can't be done in some small lab so can't be easily hidden and is a very difficult process. Even if Iran was refining it would take them approx 20 years. That's from Jane's manual publication.

Iran only has oil which it doesn't have much left if you take into consideration how fast their population is expanding so the most sensible form of power is nuclear.

Iran paid America Billions of dollars for research into nuclear energy. They got nothing in return! No research and no refund!

I found out tons more but as you can see i've gone on a bit with just a few bullet points! Don't take everything you read in the media at face value!!

It's a tricky problem but I think there is an answer.

Send out a peace delegation to go and see Mr How-many-dinners-you-had, to break the ice and avert chaos.

If we sent Paul Young (and Zucchero), Sade, Simply Red, Big Fun, Tony Hadley (ex-Spandau Ballet) and Sinitta on a peace tour then the world could breathe again.

Woo them with some restful music and watch world peace flourish. Get them all on stage at the end doing a rendition of "Living in the Love of the Common People" (ah aye-ee-aye) and it's crisis over.

"Thoughts on what...invading another country because we dont like the way it is run...no thanks.Especially one that if left alone will change, there is a movement for change in Iran, and interfering will not help them."

bit of pertinent info on this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmAL4SaGA0s

hexham

"As an Asian guy who was born in England I can see both sides and am used to hearing all the usual arguments.

It seems nations that have 'nukes' are safe from invasion. So I can understand why a country would want them and as someone has already pointed out the only country that has used them in anger is the U.S.A.

Currently it is ominous that Hilary Clinton has been flying around the world to countries like Japan and China and offering Libyan oil if they stop buying oil from Iran,it's almost as if someone had a plan eh?

Something else that isn't reported widely is that Afghanistan sits on one of the world biggest deposits of Lithium approximately a $1,000,000,000,000 (as reported by Reuters news agency and that's an American trillion)as well as significant deposits of copper, iron ore,cobalt, gold and silver.I think we all know how the price of all those of sky-rocketed. why do I mention Lithium in particular though? 'cause it's the stuff that goes in rechargeable batteries (LI-ion batteries) and once the oil runs out we'll be needing a lot of those batteries in ours cars not to mention mobile phones & laptops. Like I said someone had a plan eh?

The powers that be can use 'the politics of fear' (a great BBC programme for anyone that saw it) to scare us into letting them do what they wish.

If Israel is worried it should do it's own dirty work.Anyone who has read the 'The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Sion' which were recorded over a 100 years ago will see a pattern in world events over that period.

here is the table of contents:

Preface

Introduction

Who are the Elders?

Protocol I The Basic Doctrine

Protocol II Economic Wars

Protocol III Methods of Conquest

Protocol IV Materialism Replace Religion

Protocol V Despotism and Modern Progress

Protocol VI Take-Over Technique

Protocol VII World-Wide Wars

Protocol VIII Provisional Government

Protocol IX Re-education

Protocol X Preparing for Power

Protocol XI The Totalitarian State

Protocol XII Control of the Press

Protoco XIII Distractions

Protocol XIV Assault on Religion

Protocol XV Ruthless Suppression

Protocol XVI Brainwashing

Protocol XVII Abuse of Authority

Protocol XVIII Arrest of Opponents

Protocol XIX Rulers and People

Protocol XX Financial Programme

Protocol XXI Loans and Credit

Protocol XXII Power of Gold

Protocol XXIII Instilling Obedience

Protocol XXIV Qualities of the Ruler

If you wish to read it you'll have to google it.

If someone is going to police the world then do it fairly. Don't attack a whole country when an Individual is to blame. And be consistent! don't turn the other way because the country doesn't have oil, Zimbabwe for example.

The recent 'financial crisis' has shown us who really runs the world. Why should we pick up the pieces for people who couldn't run the banks? we were told it was to save the world from depression? well they took our money and it still happened and while I'm on the subject who are these people in the 'city' trying to 'break' the Euro? and why? what are you up to? does someone have a plan eh?

Having said all that I am glad that some people read between the lines when they read the Sun & the Mail (other papers are available) and feel a lot of love for the millions who marched against the war.

It's 2012 we need the people on our spaceship Earth to work together to feed,house and clothe the starving whether they are in this country or abroad.We are all the same at the end of the day we all want a good/easy life and the best for us and our family and friends.

'In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you' J.Jackson - The knowledge - Rhythm Nation 1814

You all have a good weekend

much love

Don

"

Dear god...the where to start to someone who has read the the protocols and not seen them for the pile of claptrap they are.

They are a forged document designed to encourage anti semitism....please read the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

I despair because as someone who has campaigned actively for many years for a Palestinian state and against Israels genocide bringing stuff like this into the argument just makes it harder for those of us who are not anti semetic.

Bristol

"

Dear god...the where to start to someone who has read the the protocols and not seen them for the pile of claptrap they are.

They are a forged document designed to encourage anti semitism....please read the link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion

I despair because as someone who has campaigned actively for many years for a Palestinian state and against Israels genocide bringing stuff like this into the argument just makes it harder for those of us who are not anti semetic.

"

I think you need to look up the word semite, here let me help you as you like to get all your facts from citation needed)wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semite before you accuse someone of being anti-semetic . You've made the same mistake as the German journalist Wilhelm Marr who coined the phrase.

There is a difference against anti-zionistic and anti-semetic even orthodox jews are anti-zionistic.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

grangemouth

But do you get that the Protocols have already been proven to be false?

Bristol

Allegations of forgery and fraud have dogged their public history. However, despite many opinions to the contrary, the documents have NEVER been proved to be fraudulent.

During an inter_iew published in the New York World February 17, 1921, Mr. Henry Ford put the case for the "Protocols of Zion" tersely and convincingly. He said:

"The only statement I care to make about the Protocols is that they fit in with what is going on. They are sixteen years old and they have fitted the world situation up to this time. They fit it now."

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/proof.htm

grangemouth

No they have been, if you'd read a bit further down the page of the Wikipedia article, you would have found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion#The_Times_exposes_a_forgery.2C_1921

You would also have seen that one of their proponents was one Adolf Hitler and that Henry Ford was a huge admirer of Hitler. Hitler, who not only tried to rewrite history but also his own life story, was a fervent believer in the idea of a 'Huge Jewish Conspiracy', even though there was never any evidence to support it.

Bristol

"No they have been, if you'd read a bit further down the page of the Wikipedia article, you would have found this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Protocols_of_the_Elders_of_Zion#The_Times_exposes_a_forgery.2C_1921

You would also have seen that one of their proponents was one Adolf Hitler and that Henry Ford was a huge admirer of Hitler. Hitler, who not only tried to rewrite history but also his own life story, was a fervent believer in the idea of a 'Huge Jewish Conspiracy', even though there was never any evidence to support it."

Actually I did read it. But obviously you failed to read through the link I provided:

The fact remains, that the Protocols are not a proven forgery.

The fact also remains that since their publication, world events have unfolded exactly according to their description. We are gradually being mobilised into a New World Order. The One World Government is being facilitated by the gradual movement of nation states into larger power blocks such as the European Union and NAFTA etc. The United Nations has come into power as a global police force under the excuse of being a protector and benefactor of the world, exactly as outlined in the Protocols. The Jews have symbolically "returned to Palestine", as the State of Israel now exists as the official universal "homeland" of all Jews, despite the vast majority of Jews having no racial connection with Israel whatsoever.

I can see that problem here is a matter of opinion.You can find stuff to back up what you believe as can I. And to quote 'Opinions are like assholes. Everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks'. So we will have to be mature and not go to war and just agree to disagree and that after all is what freedom is all about.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

If Iran carries out its recent threat to blockade the Gulf and attack shipping in the area then the WHOLE WORLD has no choice but to neutralise the regime.

By threatening the movement and safety of shipping is nothing more than holding the world to ransom. Piracy, thats all it would be.

China must make a stance too. Im sure they have looked far enough ahead to see that if the regime is taken out then thier supply will also dry up....They cant support Irans actions.

"If Iran carries out its recent threat to blockade the Gulf and attack shipping in the area then the WHOLE WORLD has no choice but to neutralise the regime.

By threatening the movement and safety of shipping is nothing more than holding the world to ransom. Piracy, thats all it would be.

China must make a stance too. Im sure they have looked far enough ahead to see that if the regime is taken out then thier supply will also dry up....They cant support Irans actions.

"

Well if you look into you'll find that they've actually been provoced into doing so. If you read up on the shit that they've had to put up with, mainly driven by Israil and the US then I think you'd be pretty pissed off too. The US forced a trade emargo on Iran because they would not cease the enrichment of Uranium. Iran played ball but when the US didn't get the result they wanted they then blackmailed countries to take things further and then slapped a trade embargo on them stunting their development and the development of other countries in Asia keeping the US the main super power.

There is so much more below the service for those willing to dig deeper than that which is presented to us by the media.

Is Iran harmless? Probably not. Is it as big a threat as what certain agencies would lead us to believe? I personally don't think so.

Negative publicity about Iran always seems to make it into the public eye. What about the shit Israel gets upto? Nothing seems to make it to the front pages about what they do!

grangemouth

Thanks, I'll go with PROVEN facts and not conspiracy theories. And pointing you to an article that shows that the Protocols are fake should have been enough, but.....

There is no world-wide conspiracy for a one-world government, there is no proof of it. The job of the UN is to get people to stop fighting each other or preparing to fight each other and othr cases, to provide humanitarian aid to those that need it. Contrary to the conspiracy theorists (and FOX news) this isn't a bad thing.

The Jewish people have a connection to the state of Israel: They buildt it. They also have the same religion connection to it as Christians and Muslims. Again, this is proven evidence. But what the Jewish people are not doing is building a one world government - the state of Israel has made it quite clear that it does not welcome outside interference, even from its main ally the US.

"

Precisely. America fundedthe ISI to train afghani soldiers to create the Taliban in order to defeat the USSR. now they point there fingers at both and claim they are responsible for promoting terrorist activities when they have supported America through the entire war against terror risking peace within their own country and are now faced with suicide bombings on A monthly or actually make that a fortnightly basis.

By *he Happy ManMan  over a year ago

Merseyside

what are your thoughts?"

Saying Iran has weapon grade uranium is a lie. Just like saying Sadam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction was a lie. They are psychologically preparing us for an attack on Iran. Lying to us about Iran having weapon grade uranium will be the justification for attacking Iran.

More worryingly China has publicly said they will help defend Iran EVEN if that means starting world war 3. Russia has also said they will be on Iran’s side. If Israel or the US attacks Iran consider that the modern day version of the killing of the arch duke Ferdinand or the invasion of Poland by Germany.

This website is updated daily and is great way to find out what is really going on in the world today. Warning though this is not for the fainthearted. Most of the world haven't a clue about what is going to happen this year. This year is going to make the depression of the 1920's look like a picnic in the park.

http://geraldcelentechannel.blogspot.com

Merseyside

"When the alliance invaded Iraq it was probably because Bush got the spelling wrong in the meeting.....he was probably told that Iran was a far greater threat to world peace than Iraq ever was, in much the same way that attacking Pakistan would have more sense than war in Afghanistan...."

Attacking Pakistan would be another massive mistake. China and Pakistan are strong allies. China has publicly said it would consider any attack on Pakistan the same as an attack on China itself.

Merseyside

I think Israel will attack Iran first. However If the UK and the USA do ever attack Iran our TV and press will tell you indirectly beforehand. Before any attack from us and America you will see an increase in news stories and TV documentaries telling us how bad Iran is and how much of a nutter and tyrant Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is. They may even do that if they know Israel is going to strike first. So when Israel does strike they hope we will be thinking well Iran deserved it, we needed for it to be done, it was our only option etc.

So they may try and tell us Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is an evil dangerous tyrant like Colonel Gaddafi. At best our TV and press withhold information from us and worst they just lie to us.

Let’s look at the life of a Libyan when this tyrant called Colonel Gaddafi was in power.

1. When he got into power Gaddafi nationalised key sectors of the oil industry and negotiated a good price for all the oil producing countries. He used that money to build much needed schools, hospitals and other infrastructure. Gaddafi has never been forgiven by the west for nationalising oil.

2. The price of the petrol is 10 pence a litre in Libya.

3. Before Gaddafi less than 1/5 of Libyans were literate. Gaddafi built schools and made schooling free. This resulted in the literacy rate rising to 83%.

4. When he got into power Gaddafi was determined to make the country self sufficient in its food production. Gadafi initiated the construction of a very large man made river referred to in the Guinness book of records as one of the wonders of the modern world. He had the river constructed to help with farming. It helped turn desert into fertile land for farming.

5. If a Libyan wants to be a farmer they are given free use of land and a home to live in. They are also given free seeds, livestock and equipment to start them off.

6. When he got into power Gaddafi declared it a human right to own a home. He promised to house every Libyan citizen and to do it before he housed his own mother and father. He kept that promise as his father died living in a tent before he was able to get a home of his own.

7. During his new home building project all Libyans where given a house or an apartment for free.

8. In current times all newlywed people in Libya get around 50,000 dollars from Government to buy their first home.

9. There are no electricity bills in Libya. Electricity is free.

10. Unlike in the UK and nearly all other countries the Libyan Government owns the national bank and prints its own currency. In the UK the bank of England is a private bank and nothing to do with the Government. Any money the government gets from the bank of England is always a loan with interest. Our government owes the Bank of England so much money it really only manages to pay off the interest. It’s the same in the US as the Federal Reserve is private bank and nothing to do with the Government.

11. The GDP per capita of Libya is very high. Over $15,000. Purchasing power is very high compare to the GDP.

12. Libya has the highest standard of living in Africa. It is also rated ahead of Russia, Brazil and Saudi Arabia.

13. The economy of Libya was improving rapidly. In 2010 it had 10% growth. It has no external debts. It also has the reserves amount of 150+ billion dollars.

14. It is against the law to loan money for profit in Libya. All loans have to be at 0% interest.

15. Gaddafi believed in economic democracy and that all its citizens should share in its countries wealth. A part of the Countries oil revenue is deposited into the bank account of every Libyan citizen.

16. He actively encouraged women into education, work and politics.

17. Healthcare, medicines and hospitals are free in Libya.

18. If for any reason the state is unable to help you with a surgery procedure it will pay for you to have it done in another country. While you are in that country you get $2,200 a month to help you.

19. When a Libyan citizen buys a car the Government pays 50% of the price.

20. Basic food items are subsidised by the Government. As an example a huge loaf costs only 10 pence in Libya.

21. Unemployment fees are given from the government until a person finds a Job.

22. If you graduate from university and cannot find a job the government pays your wage until you find a job. So let’s say you graduated and the average pay for your line of work is $80,000 a year the government would pay you the monthly equivalent until you found work.

23. A Libyan mother gets $5000 when she gives birth.

24. Gaddafi was the only Arab leader to apologise of its part in the slave trade. He promised to be a soldier to Africa and to do anything he could to help them. He wanted to help create a united states of Africa and helped in negotiating many ceasefires.

25. Gaddafi gave money and training to many freedom movement groups around the world.

26. Nelson Mandela called Gaddafi one of the greatest freedom fighters of the 21st century. He praised Gaddafi for his part in ending apartheid.

27. He publicly opposed the invasion of Iraq. That turns out to have been a very stupid thing to do.

(sarcastic mode) Naturally the above was well discussed in our newspapers and TV documentaries to give us a balanced or alternative _iew about life in Libya under Gaddafi. According to our government, press and TV Gaddafi was a complete ****. Well he did oppose the invasion of Iraq and fund freedom movements around the globe.

I am sure they will do the same thing again and lie to use about Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Iran. They lied about Saddam and his weapons of mass destruction. They lie to us all the time and Iran is going to be no different.

Merseyside

"What is the point talking about it. War is A case of when... It's been coming for a while..... Anyone watching world affairs can see that...

I'm just waiting for how bad the fuel prices will get.

Cali "

I agree. If you think petrol costs a lot now wait until you see what is coming. Some experts are saying it could go as high as £6 - 7 a litre.

There is no way I could afford that.

Merseyside

"The problem as I see it is not with Iran possibly attacking us by direct means i.e. large missiles etc., but with them using indirect means, or providing others with small devices (suitcase nukes).

Iran has stated it would like to see Isreal "wiped off the map", Isreal may already be killing Iranian nuclear scientists (one died not long ago in his car when a bomb detonated under it), so the seeds of a clandestine war are already there.

I cant see China actively getting involved in a conflict involving the USA if Iran is seen by the rest of the world as the aggressor, so my gut feeling is that Iran may provide a terrorist group (or freedom fighters, depending on your point of _iew) based in Isreal or the occupied territories with the means to deliver a massive strike.

Or.... if the Iranians are really stupid, they might attack one of the warships in the Straits of Hormus (sp), under the guise of al Queaida, and get an almighty ass-whupping.

I think theyu might try a bit of brinkmanship, perhaps try to provoke us or the yanks into giving them a slap."

" Iran has stated it would like to see Isreal "wiped off the map", Isreal may already be killing Iranian nuclear scientists (one died not long ago in his car when a bomb detonated under it), so the seeds of a clandestine war are already there.

I cant see China actively getting involved in a conflict involving the USA if Iran is seen by the rest of the world as the aggressor, so my gut feeling is that Iran may provide a terrorist group (or freedom fighters, depending on your point of _iew) based in Isreal or the occupied territories with the means to deliver a massive strike

if the Iranians are really stupid, they might attack one of the warships in the Straits of Hormus (sp), under the guise of al Queaida, and get an almighty ass-whupping.

I think theyu might try a bit of brinkmanship, perhaps try to provoke us or the yanks into giving them a slap."

Iran did not say it wanted Israel wiped of the map. That was a deliberate misquote by our western press. What Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said was he wanted the end of Zionism.

China has PUBLICLY said if the US or Israel attacks Iran it will help defend Iran EVEN if that means starting world war 3.

The most likely scenario is not the Iranians attacking a US ship but the Israelis or the USA doing it (false flag terrorism) and then blaming the Iranians. The Iranians are not stupid. They know they could not win a war. They don’t want a war.

Merseyside

"There is no world-wide conspiracy for a one-world government, there is no proof of it. The job of the UN is to get people to stop fighting each other or preparing to fight each other and othr cases, to provide humanitarian aid to those that need it. Contrary to the conspiracy theorists (and FOX news) this isn't a bad thing "

There is no conspiracy for a world wide government? In a way that is true because they OPENLY talk about it now in the press, on TV news etc. They no longer hide the fact they want a one world government. They now call it global governance rather than a new world order. There are loads of politicians and world leaders openly talking about wanting a new world order.

Just Google new world order speeches to see who talks or has talked about it. You will see videos of people like Gordon Brown, President Bush, French President Sarkozy etc all openly talking about creating a new world order.

You then have to ask so what does a new world order entail? Believe you and me you don’t want this new world order.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Bottom line is, Does the rest of the world sit back and allow Iran to hold the world to ransom? Attacking shipping thru the gulf is an attack on the world. No excuses of being provoked into it by this or that country.

A lot of people don't like what is being said here cuz the way the world is, all these stupid people in power, all the outcomes to lead war.

And not just any war.

Some people like to pretend this stuff isnt happening and bury their head in the sand.

Some like to talk about it and see what can be done.

Others who believe something big is going to happen want to be prepared and others don't care.

Isn't it time for someone to type in the speech from A Few Good Men Yet?

By *lubPartyPeepsCouple  over a year ago

London

'You can't handle the truth....!!!'

If the west goes to war with Iran, anyone who thinks that's not the tipping point for the world is kidding themselves.

Someone will, take nuclear material into either Washington, New York or London (If are involved) and set off a bomb. Don't kid yourselves thinking this won't happen.

I pray we do not get involved in another pointless war.

Even if we don't get involved, the war will affect the whole world probably.

London

Might as well not get involved and make ourselves another target then. If its going to effect the whole world anyway.

If we go after Iran, the world is finished and the human race will be lucky if it lasts another 20 years. I won't labour this point because I have already talked and discussed this to death on other forums and in person with people outside of Fab, having heard every argument there is for and against this, that's my _iew.

I would be happy to be wrong about it.

I hope i am wrong in all this and nothing happens.

Even if we don't get involved, those countries prob target us as well as our government follows the U.S too much.

London

Only time will tell.

due too defence cuts and our brave lads scrapping overstretched under equiped all over we,d get batterd, but talking ov oil, wed be hard pushed too re-take falklands due too defence cuts by slimy dave n his mates n previous so called leaders ov men?

I'd be surprised if we could afford to do anything with our troops now. At least if things do go as far as a world war, might finally get all the chavs off the streets, then again I wouldn't want to fight with them beside me.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"due too defence cuts and our brave lads scrapping overstretched under equiped all over we,d get batterd, but talking ov oil, wed be hard pushed too re-take falklands due too defence cuts by slimy dave n his mates n previous so called leaders ov men? "

any "war" over iran is not going to be land based.... it will be fought in the air with missiles taking out the key bits...

like other has said, israel are the ones like to take pre-emptive action siting "national security"..... iran try to strike back there missiles will be shot down by all the american based defence systems the israeli's have bought....

then it will go to the UN.... American Veto'ing any action against israel... then the russians and chinese doing the same with regards to any action against iran.... and you have stalemate!

it will be quick... the price of oil will shoot up as no oil will flow thru the gulf..... other gulf states will volunteer to take up the slack on the supplies.... and the price will come down eventually.....

You appear to be confusing Al Gore with al Qaida. The "al" in the latter is not a name and is not spelled with a capital 'a' (whatever some British newspapers might think). It means 'the"-in this case the Base or Foundation or something akin to this (there is no direct translation from the Arabic into English)."

why correct someones spelling on a thread like this? qaida is a conjugation of the root verb q-'-d anyway meaning to sit, remain and stay

» Add a new message to this topic