FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Grrrr Kodak

Grrrr Kodak

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 19/01/12 22:49:12]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Last year I needed a new printer so saved for 6 months to buy a new decent one, finally got it in October a Kodak as the ink costs were brilliant, it cost £150 near enough and now they are filing bankruptcy and I won't be able to buy the flipping ink for it and haven't got the money to stock up while I can Grrrrr

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

On the news it has said that it's hoping to keep the printer side of the business ok

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Kodak gone bust?? wow that is shocking.. I am sure you can get no brand ink for it..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Somebody I know just gone to work for them, that'll cheer him up.

But it the way of things now for industry, too many regulations, too many hangers on, too many managers and China.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

It hasn't gone bust.

Kodak have filed for Bankruptcy protection with a credit line of £615 million from Citigroup.

Only the USA companies are affected. The rest of their global enterprise is solvent.

And you will be able to get Kodak printer ink from the internet for years.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

they havent gone bankrupt at all they have filed for bankcrupcy protection

"It hasn't gone bust.

Kodak have filed for Bankruptcy protection with a credit line of £615 million from Citigroup.

Only the USA companies are affected. The rest of their global enterprise is solvent.

And you will be able to get Kodak printer ink from the internet for years."

Yes it is, at this present time, otherwise why do they need to file for bankruptcy protection. It needs time, hell Rover could have been solvent given enough.

It's strange isn't it, the guy who is taking over from the late and great Steve Jobs, is earning some ludicrous salary, yet Steve was richer than he'll ever be, yet he was only interested in receiving a peppercorn salary and shares in the company he co-found.

They were the fastest growing company of all time, Wall Street got rid of him because he was only really interested in developing new products, rather than giving them free money, they nearly went bust.

They reappointed him, he not only saved them he totally re-invented them and took them to new heights.

Whats the betting this new guy fucks it up.

Gordon Gecko was right, you need the man in charge to own the company.

It's basically the same as what GM did to protect them from creditors. It weirdly missed a trick when these new fangled digital cameras come out. Having said that kodak cameras suffered from over exposure in recent years but apparently their printers are great, we have one on our ebay watch list lol.

"Last year I needed a new printer so saved for 6 months to buy a new decent one, finally got it in October a Kodak as the ink costs were brilliant, it cost £150 near enough and now they are filing bankruptcy and I won't be able to buy the flipping ink for it and haven't got the money to stock up while I can Grrrrr"

Worst case they go bust. So what happens but a third party makes the ink cartages even cheaper. Its a no brainer you won't loose out.

"Last year I needed a new printer so saved for 6 months to buy a new decent one, finally got it in October a Kodak as the ink costs were brilliant, it cost £150 near enough and now they are filing bankruptcy and I won't be able to buy the flipping ink for it and haven't got the money to stock up while I can Grrrrr

Worst case they go bust. So what happens but a third party makes the ink cartages even cheaper. Its a no brainer you won't loose out."

Especially as it costs only a few pounds more for new printer whatever the make.

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple  over a year ago

Lisburn

even if they do go brankrupt, alot of office supplies will be able to do refill for ink cartridges

By *rummpsMan  over a year ago

thanet

I'm sure there will be supplies available for a few years. In fact I'd be surprised if the printer outlasts those supplies.

_rummps x

Just messaged Kojack and he said he's not bankrupt ..................

By *ugartitsandhimCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Last year I needed a new printer so saved for 6 months to buy a new decent one, finally got it in October a Kodak as the ink costs were brilliant, it cost £150 near enough and now they are filing bankruptcy and I won't be able to buy the flipping ink for it and haven't got the money to stock up while I can Grrrrr"

I think you would be best to just wait and see what DEVELOPS!!!!!

I know someone who worked for Kodak (in fact he is a member on here) who saw sales of 35mm film etc drop from 8 million units a year to just 800,000 in the space of a year itself because of the digital camera and the fact that Kodak didn't keep with the changing times of photography.

"Last year I needed a new printer so saved for 6 months to buy a new decent one, finally got it in October a Kodak as the ink costs were brilliant, it cost £150 near enough and now they are filing bankruptcy and I won't be able to buy the flipping ink for it and haven't got the money to stock up while I can Grrrrr

I think you would be best to just wait and see what DEVELOPS!!!!!"

Lol, there's no point being NEGATIVE

» Add a new message to this topic