FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should I pay it?

Should I pay it?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ittle_brat_evie!! OP   Woman  over a year ago

evesham

So.... I went into Birmingham on the choo choo 2 weeks ago. The station I parked at was pay and display but you could also use the Ringo app which I did.

However I forgot that despite me having a changs of car for over a year, my default car is my old one.

I cake back to find I'd got a ticket because the car parked did not have a payment against it.

I appealed the ticket that day sending evidence of yhe parking being paid on the wrong car and a screen shot of the Ringo account showing both registrations being on there.

The appeal has been dismissed saying that the required parking payment was not made (even though it was but in the wrong reg no).

I can either pay now or wait for further action letters to appeal again. What should I do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ross-eyed MaryMan  over a year ago

Salisbury

Pay

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Rebel! Fuck the system!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

How much was the initial parking charge?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

How much is it?

Pay and forget it

evesham

"How much is it? "

It's £25 for the next 14 days then it goes up to £50.

I'm just a bit miffed because I did pay it! Lol

I'm guessing they don't have ANPR to see that no car with my old reg entered or left.

evesham

"How much was the initial parking charge? "

Not much, couple of quid

By *rkeb3Man  over a year ago

east Lancashire road

Pay the £25 now don't waste ur time

By *illen5Man  over a year ago

Bath

You paid the initial amount.

Unfortunately mac_ine says no.

The human element needs to kick in and cancel the ticket.

Daily emails.

When you get the next letter with automatic doubling of the charge, continue and re-double efforts. The charge should still set as the first amount. Otherwise its blackm*il, pay or we'll double it

Id like to say fight the system but doesnt the system always just win. Ugh.

"So.... I went into Birmingham on the choo choo 2 weeks ago. The station I parked at was pay and display but you could also use the Ringo app which I did.

However I forgot that despite me having a changs of car for over a year, my default car is my old one.

I cake back to find I'd got a ticket because the car parked did not have a payment against it.

I appealed the ticket that day sending evidence of yhe parking being paid on the wrong car and a screen shot of the Ringo account showing both registrations being on there.

The appeal has been dismissed saying that the required parking payment was not made (even though it was but in the wrong reg no).

I can either pay now or wait for further action letters to appeal again. What should I do? "

Well, I was told that you csn google the company, and see if its private. If so dont pay it as it's too expensive for them to take you to court. Just what i was told anyway. Plus if it did go to court, you did pay for a parking space ffs. No matter what type of car you parked there! Which you could point out.

In addition I'd look up an ombudsman type of thing, fair trade organisation type thing, seeing as you paid for a parking space.

By *illen5Man  over a year ago

Bath

Im still getting new parking tickets with threats of bailiff action on a car i no longer own. Bring it on.

We're all too accepting of our anpr 'crimes'.

I've ignored the two I've had and they got bored after a while.

"Id like to say fight the system but doesnt the system always just win. Ugh. "

If your a worrier and can afford it, then pay if it puts you at ease x

sorry to say but pay.

it will no doubt increase and they will get a court order if you do not make payment.

we will be able to see you on the next episode of 'dont pay we take it away'

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Sorry I could understand if you only had the new car for a week, but a year on? No I can't see them being forgiving, pay the lesser price and it is over and done with

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

How much of your time in life has it taken up, how much could it be more productive?

evesham

"How much of your time in life has it taken up, how much could it be more productive?"

Like 5 mins to write the appeal and 2 mins to write this post.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

After seeing those bailiff programmes that go looking for people who's bill has turned into hundreds after they wouldn't pay a car park charge...I would say pay, £25 is better than double or more.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS I cocked up once in a car park for a different reason, got a ticket and paid it. I then decided to write a letter with feedback saying the warden could have acted differently and they sent a letter back saying they were paying me back. Maybe you could do that explaining if they look at their CCTV they will see there was no car with that reg in the car park but one with your own.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"So.... I went into Birmingham on the choo choo 2 weeks ago. The station I parked at was pay and display but you could also use the Ringo app which I did.

I can either pay now or wait for further action letters to appeal again. What should I do? "

Try again.

I did this a few years back when my company car was in for repairs and I had a courtesy car. Eventually I had to ring them as I got the stock standard letter that you seem to have.

You haven't avoided or attempted to skip paying. It's human error. If you can find a number to call you may have more luck.

A

This happened to me, but all I did was enter my new cars reg number wrong. I wrote and explained, they said I still had to pay it, so I did

If you're certain of your facts then don't pay and go through the appeal process and to court if necessary. Read the terms and conditions first to make sure they haven't already covered your situation to exonerate themselves.

If you pay and then appeal then you're very likely to fail because payment is seen as admission of error.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"How much is it?

I'm guessing they don't have ANPR to see that no car with my old reg entered or left. "

If you can provide "evidence" that you are an "innocent" girl, then most Judges might believe you

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Doh!

Hoping you've now changed your default reg.

Speak to an actual person. If no joy just pay up.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I’m sure they have to prove evidence of loss. You have proof you paid. Appeal it

By *oppet22TV/TS  over a year ago

huddersfield

Pay it

Got bored

evesham

"Got bored"

Good to know

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Speak to an actual person. If no joy just pay up. "

I'm sorry, all of our operators are busy perving cock pics on here, please call back when you've flushed the loo.

"Speak to an actual person. If no joy just pay up.

I'm sorry, all of our operators are busy perving cock pics on here, please call back when you've flushed the loo. "

Fucking typical!

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Just pay get it out of the way.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

The system always wins in the end. Why create problems you don't need in your life?

evesham

"The system always wins in the end. Why create problems you don't need in your life?"

Why be punished for something I didn't actually do. I paid the parking. They weren't out of pocket simply because I dudnt change my reg no.

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"The system always wins in the end. Why create problems you don't need in your life?

Why be punished for something I didn't actually do. I paid the parking. They weren't out of pocket simply because I dudnt change my reg no. "

Exactly, it's likely gonna cost them more in administration charges than it was to get the initial fee back.

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

Pay it and take your old car off the list!

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Pay the 25£

Then hassle them daily for evidence of the vehicle entering and exiting the location that you paid parking for.

Pursue them for refund of parking paid for vehicle that never entered the location

Use words like fraudulent transaction.

evesham

"Pay it and take your old car off the list!"

I've done that already lol

Onestepoutofthedoor

So have you decided what you're going to do?

evesham

"So have you decided what you're going to do?"

No not yet. I've got a week or so to decide.

You paid it and they got their fee. They haven’t lost out on money and you got your car parked.

Fight it! You made a mistake. They are bullies.

Someone else mentioned daily emails. Do this. Send the same email with the proof every day. Cc the council in them all too.

Good luck. Stick it to the man!!!

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"So have you decided what you're going to do?

No not yet. I've got a week or so to decide. "

I've fought the last three tickets and won! Appeal!

By *allSteveMan  over a year ago

Poole

It's only £25 just pay it and put it down to experience. It's really not worth the hassle of going to court over such a small amount. In principle yes you are correct in that you did make a payment, but not on the correct vehicle. In all essence it's your responsibility to ensure you have filled in the correct details.

Pay it.Even though you say it was a genuine mistake just get it paid out the way.

By *att71Man  over a year ago

Bristol

As much as it pains me to say this...I would pay up front now and stop the hassle of them. It was a genuine mistake but these companies are not interested at all in anything but money.

I would however invoice them for you money back on the parking fee you did pay as you can quite clearly prove you paid for a car to park there...

Onestepoutofthedoor

I've fought the last three tickets and won! Appeal!"

The last three,you collecting parking tickets?!

Onestepoutofthedoor

"As much as it pains me to say this...I would pay up front now and stop the hassle of them. It was a genuine mistake but these companies are not interested at all in anything but money.

I would however invoice them for you money back on the parking fee you did pay as you can quite clearly prove you paid for a car to park there..."

I like that answer.

Maybe it would be best to get rid of the app if you don't use it that much and just use the mac_ine that is at the car park.

"Pay"

Yes. Pay I don’t think its worth the hassle. They will stand with the fact your payment wasn’t paid against the car that was parked. Shitty I know, but if your corresponding by text, it’s easy for them to deal with it factually.

...Up on the Downs

The last three,you collecting parking tickets?!"

It's bloody London, it's a nightmare trying to work out what ambiguous signage means and they're really trying it on now with all the cameras. I stopped in one bay with other cars parked, got out to read the signage, got straight back in and moved it to another location and still got a fine!! I've started taking signage pics now every time I park in town!!

Onestepoutofthedoor

It's bloody London, it's a nightmare trying to work out what ambiguous signage means and they're really trying it on now with all the cameras. I stopped in one bay with other cars parked, got out to read the signage, got straight back in and moved it to another location and still got a fine!! I've started taking signage pics now every time I park in town!!"

Oh God that sounds a nightmare,I think I'd be tempted to use public transport more. I hate paying for paying as it is,so having all that hassle would completely put me off.

I think its to time for a yellow vest protest!

As I understand it they will continue to chase you because you responded to the ticket but had you just ignored it initially they probably wouldn't

...Up on the Downs

It's bloody London, it's a nightmare trying to work out what ambiguous signage means and they're really trying it on now with all the cameras. I stopped in one bay with other cars parked, got out to read the signage, got straight back in and moved it to another location and still got a fine!! I've started taking signage pics now every time I park in town!!

Oh God that sounds a nightmare,I think I'd be tempted to use public transport more. I hate paying for paying as it is,so having all that hassle would completely put me off."

I do have a parking angel who always finds me a place and can usually park for free in the eves. No way I'd use public transport at 2am even if it ran out as far as where I live!

evesham

"Maybe it would be best to get rid of the app if you don't use it that much and just use the mac_ine that is at the car park."

But o rarely have cash on me and the app allows me to extend the parking without returning to. The car.

I've deleted all in used cars from the account now.

"Maybe it would be best to get rid of the app if you don't use it that much and just use the mac_ine that is at the car park.

But o rarely have cash on me and the app allows me to extend the parking without returning to. The car.

I've deleted all in used cars from the account now. "

But if you haven't used it in a year maybe make the effort to take cash with you or pay on your debit card like you can at a lot of mac_ines now.Just try and be a bit more organised.

By *he girl with dreadlocksWoman  over a year ago

need to know basis in Wolverhampton

Think you should fight, "too much hassle" this is reason they get away it cause people just shut up and pay up a mistake was made yes but you did pay.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I can either pay now or wait for further action letters to appeal again. What should I do?

Try again.

I did this a few years back when my company car was in for repairs and I had a courtesy car. Eventually I had to ring them as I got the stock standard letter that you seem to have.

You haven't avoided or attempted to skip paying. It's human error. If you can find a number to call you may have more luck.

A"

This ^^^

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Maybe it would be best to get rid of the app if you don't use it that much and just use the mac_ine that is at the car park.

But if you haven't used it in a year maybe make the effort to take cash with you or pay on your debit card like you can at a lot of mac_ines now.Just try and be a bit more organised."

You sound like her dad.

But if you haven't used it in a year maybe make the effort to take cash with you or pay on your debit card like you can at a lot of mac_ines now.Just try and be a bit more organised.

You sound like her dad."

Do you know him?

evesham

But if you haven't used it in a year maybe make the effort to take cash with you or pay on your debit card like you can at a lot of mac_ines now.Just try and be a bit more organised."

I have used it. Just this time I forgot to change the reg no. I've forgotten before but luckily escapes getting tickets.

I have used it. Just this time I forgot to change the reg no. I've forgotten before but luckily escapes getting tickets. "

Oh ok I thought maybe you hadn't used it in a year,so could easily do without it.I haven't used the app so don't know how it works.

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

Was under the impression that private firms on private land were unable to enforce tickets, got one in the private car park at my block of flats, told them repeatedly to go fuck themselves and they eventually gave up. Only worry about it if it's a ticket issued by a council traffic warden.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"How much of your time in life has it taken up, how much could it be more productive?

Like 5 mins to write the appeal and 2 mins to write this post. "

And how much if / when you have to go to a mediation of the ticket will it be in time and lost wage because of time off work not forgetting the parking charge while you are there?

I'd pay and chalk it up to a momentarily loss of concentration.

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

If you Appeal within the short time period I might be wrong I was under the understanding that the lower amount applied all the way through the process even if you're unsuccessful..

Pretty sure there was or is an article on money saving Martin Lewis . Con

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I have used it. Just this time I forgot to change the reg no. I've forgotten before but luckily escapes getting tickets. "

Blimey, you have been lucky then and have a worse memory than me at updating things...I didn't think I would find anyone worse than me

I don't pay any parking fine unless it's an official council one.

Pay it now and then appeal it. That way the amount won't keep going up and it won't get any worse for you, even if they don't refund you.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Pay but hire a digger and excavate the car park so no one can use it

evesham

"Pay it now and then appeal it. That way the amount won't keep going up and it won't get any worse for you, even if they don't refund you. "

On the ticket it says not to pay if I want to appeal it. So i didnt and my appeal was unsuccessful. Next step is to either pay or wait for a notice to owner letter.

"Pay it now and then appeal it. That way the amount won't keep going up and it won't get any worse for you, even if they don't refund you.

On the ticket it says not to pay if I want to appeal it. So i didnt and my appeal was unsuccessful. Next step is to either pay or wait for a notice to owner letter. "

If it's not official council dont pay it. When they ask for money offer £2 a week and it will go away

By *REEN GRASSMan  over a year ago

worcester

"How much is it?

I'm guessing they don't have ANPR to see that no car with my old reg entered or left. "

I know it’s £25.00 but all the hassle of getting more threatening letters the stress of it being on your mind 24/7 it’s really not worth the hassle. I’d pay the £25.00 and put it down to experience.

Once you’ve paid all the hassle goes away.

Happy Christmas

By *xtrafun4youMan  over a year ago

Dunstable

"Id like to say fight the system but doesnt the system always just win. Ugh. "
This pay it it will only get worse. The system wins

I'd refuse to pay on the grounds that they haven't been financially impacted as the fee was paid. If it goes to court, it's unlikely the case will go against you as not only have you paid but you have provided them with evidence of payment.

I would say that if you say you are happy to proceed with court action as you believe you have a strong case then the fee will be waived.

Did you get chance to speak at the appeal? If not then it wasn't an appeal.

By *ay19720Man  over a year ago

Ashford kent

Go to web site...

Free man of the land....see template letters ..one thier for parking fines...

Use it you wont have to pay....same if anyone has bailiffs ..notice of harassment. .stops them even knocking on ya door...no you rites...free man of the land...law of the land not the sea...we run on Admiral law witch is sea law...which is wrong..law of the land

By *riskygazMan  over a year ago

birmingham

the smart move would be to pay it then appeal afterwards, if you loose it has just cost you the fine, you will probably get extra fine for not paying it on time,

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

This annoys me so much. The OP made a simple error and it's going to cost her £25. I would definitely appeal it.

If its "only" £25 would you all mind sending me £25. Many Thanks

Genuine question.

Would it be possible for people to use the app as a way of deliberately trying to get out of paying for parking?

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

"You paid it and they got their fee. They haven’t lost out on money and you got your car parked.

Fight it! You made a mistake. They are bullies.

Someone else mentioned daily emails. Do this. Send the same email with the proof every day. Cc the council in them all too.

Good luck. Stick it to the man!!! "

This.

There's a statutory fine for everything these days & automation means it'll get worse & worse.

When they get it wrong they'll word things so you'll pay anyway. Your are entitled to contest it. cc it to any consumer advice type programs you can think of too. Companies hate bad publicity.

evesham

"Genuine question.

Would it be possible for people to use the app as a way of deliberately trying to get out of paying for parking?"

I can't see how.

The issue isn't that I dudnt pay for parking. The issue is I paid on the wrong reg no that was no where in the carpark as I sold it on our of the area.

evesham

"the smart move would be to pay it then appeal afterwards, if you loose it has just cost you the fine, you will probably get extra fine for not paying it on time, "

But the notice tells you specifically not to pay if you want to appeal it.

evesham

"I'd refuse to pay on the grounds that they haven't been financially impacted as the fee was paid. If it goes to court, it's unlikely the case will go against you as not only have you paid but you have provided them with evidence of payment.

I would say that if you say you are happy to proceed with court action as you believe you have a strong case then the fee will be waived.

Did you get chance to speak at the appeal? If not then it wasn't an appeal. "

No was just an automated contact section on their website.

Pay.

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

Pay it.... It'll only end up with the bailiffs

By *arnsley guy100Man  over a year ago

Sheffield

It'll cost you some of £25 just to drive to and park outside the court... Not worth messing about with

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Pop round to the issuing company and offer a hand job if they delete it

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

Pay

I got one last xmas. Bought a ticket but parked in the wrong part of the car park. I looked into it and basically it comes under contract law. Id broken my part if the deal by not parking in a proper bay. Do yours would be similar. I paid in the end but it was doubled. Save yourself thr hassle and pay. It taught me to always read the signs so a valuable lesson.

By *omewhatSlightlyDazedMan  over a year ago

Warwick Birmingham & YamYamLand

Freeman on the land/common law does not hold up in court.

Be careful ignoring all private firms parking fines as some (ie. ParkingEye) will take you to court even if they end up loosing money due to costs.

It'll cost you more and they do this to set an example... more people now pay them than before as it's well known they will start court action/bailiffs etc.

Personally I'd fight it, but if you can pay it first, do that too. Some PCN's will say "Do not pay if appealing" or similar. As soon as you pay it they see it as you accepting it. Birmingham council do this but also extend the 14 day period so the fine doesn't double if you appeal.

Don't rely on Common/Freeman law, often courts dont give a damn if you're technicality right or not. Been there, won some lost some.

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

"Pay

I got one last xmas. Bought a ticket but parked in the wrong part of the car park. I looked into it and basically it comes under contract law. Id broken my part if the deal by not parking in a proper bay. Do yours would be similar. I paid in the end but it was doubled. Save yourself thr hassle and pay. It taught me to always read the signs so a valuable lesson."

The first part of what you say is correct, it does fall under contract law -assuming it is a privately controlled car park.

But, you have to be fully aware or be made aware of the stipulations of this contract upon entering the car park ( contract area!).

If as you say you paid for the incorrect car, you have failed to honour your diff of the contract, you need to pay. You must then seek to gain re- embursment + stipulated costs for the recovery of the incorrect payment.

You have to detail the exact costs

Envelope 10p

Stamp - ???p

A4 paper - 6p

Printer toner- 3p

Phone calls - ??p note times

Etc....

You have the right to start small claims action to recover this money and legal costs.

By *vcarolTV/TS  over a year ago

kilmarnockish

We in Scotland have s slightly different set of laws pertaining to car park contracts

Much more straightforward

Recycling.

Just pay it it’s not worth the hassle for £25

» Add a new message to this topic