FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Gym attendance

Gym attendance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just wondering, how many people actually go to the gym? And how many times a week? I often skip gym for a sausage roll

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i do go.

not as often as you may think. sometimes i go just to talk to the ladies and buy them a coffee.

its a great place to meet.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Yes I do, usually 2/3times a week. I try to run on the other days to vary my cardio. It's important to remember rest days too though

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Never.

Haven't been in one for 20 years.

When i'm working I can be on my feet for up to 12 hours without a break in all weather and I haven't dropped dead yet so as long as i'm still fit enough to do that i'll continue to gym dodge.

A

Mine depends on my mental state and the time of the month.. on a good week I’ll go every day (or until my aches get the better of me), other times I might not go for a week. Currently I have an unhealthy obsession with my local supermarkets stollen slices so I really should have been there more than I have!

Mrs F x

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

3-4 times a week at the moment. Weights, cardio, rehab (long term injury recovery) and a hybrid day. Hoping to do more weights as rehab becomes less important.

Squat Monday, Bench Wednesday, deadlift Friday

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Never but I do run around after a ball on a Saturday and practice doing so midweek

I’m thinking about starting before everything turns to shit, but the vain wankers you get in gyms put me off, plus the lighting is awful and I don’t like mirrored walls. And the music is generally terrible and people make weird noises. Yeah, I think I’ll let everything turn to shit.

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m thinking about starting before everything turns to shit, but the vain wankers you get in gyms put me off, plus the lighting is awful and I don’t like mirrored walls. And the music is generally terrible and people make weird noises. Yeah, I think I’ll let everything turn to shit. "

Headphones and ignoring people work well.

I like going to the gym, I like watching my friend limp away after a few rounds with me.

"I’m thinking about starting before everything turns to shit, but the vain wankers you get in gyms put me off, plus the lighting is awful and I don’t like mirrored walls. And the music is generally terrible and people make weird noises. Yeah, I think I’ll let everything turn to shit. "

Just ignore everyone. I do. I don’t put my lenses in so I can’t bloody see anyone anyway

By *att71Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I am not so much a gym man, but like to hit the streets 3 times a week and do a 5k plod, makes the gin taste so much better afterwards lol

best time to go is around 3am. you can workout without many people being there so all the machines tend to be available.

also around 5 all the ladies start to come in before they go off to work.

Manchester (she/her)

I have a joking challenge running with a friend to see who can be first to bench press the other. Can't really work on that without a gym

I've successfully avoided going to the gym all month! Lazy bitch that I am.

Usually twice/thrice weekly, just not this month.

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Tamworth

I train 6 days a week - more gym stuff in winter but swim, bike or run outside mostly when the weather gets better. I do a couple of S&C sessions each week.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I’m thinking about starting before everything turns to shit, but the vain wankers you get in gyms put me off, plus the lighting is awful and I don’t like mirrored walls. And the music is generally terrible and people make weird noises. Yeah, I think I’ll let everything turn to shit.

Just ignore everyone. I do. I don’t put my lenses in so I can’t bloody see anyone anyway "

Exactly this!

I don't go to the gym to meet people I go to get hot and sweaty, if I pulled at the gym I'd be very concerned!

Manchester (she/her)

"I’m thinking about starting before everything turns to shit, but the vain wankers you get in gyms put me off, plus the lighting is awful and I don’t like mirrored walls. And the music is generally terrible and people make weird noises. Yeah, I think I’ll let everything turn to shit.

Just ignore everyone. I do. I don’t put my lenses in so I can’t bloody see anyone anyway

Exactly this!

I don't go to the gym to meet people I go to get hot and sweaty, if I pulled at the gym I'd be very concerned! "

I put gym statuses up here sometimes and people ask me where I go. Even if I were inclined to tell, no one wants to see that (i.e. me)!

2/3 times a week at thw moment, usually just after midnight so I avoid all the mirror hoggers

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Just wondering, how many people actually go to the gym? And how many times a week? I often skip gym for a sausage roll"

Not as much as I used to or would like to.

But thanks to a bad shoulder and busy work usually about 3/4 times a week that's both of us.

6 times a week , it would be 7 but they don't open on Sundays. I love how you feel after exercise

"Just wondering, how many people actually go to the gym? And how many times a week? I often skip gym for a sausage roll"

You bad boy

Exactly this!

I don't go to the gym to meet people I go to get hot and sweaty, if I pulled at the gym I'd be very concerned! "

Haha if I pulled at the gym I’d assume they also didn’t have their lenses in!!!

Weight train 3 times a week and cardio jogging twice a week. I’m quite slim but can actually bench press 100kg x

Sadly not been much this year due to unforeseen sad circumstances, but going to be going back in New year at least twice a week and also gonna crank up my walking again x

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Hereford

The key is to find something that you enjoy. I like doing weights in the gym because I can put my headphones in and focus on what I'm doing. I can't do that with cardio, so I attend classes, quite enjoy a bootcamp type workout class.

There's loads of options.

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

I go three times a week and on two of those visits I stay for a class after my circuit. I will skip one if I’m away or I have something special to do though.

Pretty much every day, have done for 29 years, I should really get a life

Manchester (she/her)

Wish I could find a way to make cardio not suck for me

By *ycra loutMan  over a year ago

york/Scarborough

I go once a week for an intense fitness class and cycle 3-4 times per week..a healthy diet too

I hate gyms. I will only do exercise I enjoy, such as dancing. If people don't like how my body looks as it ages, they can simply look the other way.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

4 timed during the week and once at weekend. Don't train as much as I used to but that's because I am getting old. Used to train 6 times a week twice a day.

I used to be in the gym quite a few times during the week before. But, since starting these new roles at work, my gym going has gone out the window and I miss it!

Hoping to get back in to it soon. But, going to have to start from scratch I think.

york/Scarborough

"I hate gyms. I will only do exercise I enjoy, such as dancing. If people don't like how my body looks as it ages, they can simply look the other way. "

Manchester (she/her)

"I hate gyms. I will only do exercise I enjoy, such as dancing. If people don't like how my body looks as it ages, they can simply look the other way. "

More power to you!

I don't do it for looks. I enjoy lifting heavy weights and how I feel having done that. Easiest to do in a gym.

Twice a day! Fat not shifting itself

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

"I train 6 days a week - more gym stuff in winter but swim, bike or run outside mostly when the weather gets better. I do a couple of S&C sessions each week. "

Like your dedication. We both do triathlon and love it. Great pictures x

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

"I hate gyms. I will only do exercise I enjoy, such as dancing. If people don't like how my body looks as it ages, they can simply look the other way.

More power to you!

I don't do it for looks. I enjoy lifting heavy weights and how I feel having done that. Easiest to do in a gym. "

I don’t do it for looks either, it was to help me feel a bit healthier after a serious illness and to try to give me a bit more energy as I was feeling tired all the time too.

york/Scarborough

"Just wondering, how many people actually go to the gym? And how many times a week? I often skip gym for a sausage roll

Twice a day! Fat not shifting itself "

Fat will shift through excersise but it will take months and months sometimes years.. shifting fat is more about diet than excersise..I lost 2 stone of fat in 3 months earlier this year once I changed my diet

Manchester (she/her)

"I hate gyms. I will only do exercise I enjoy, such as dancing. If people don't like how my body looks as it ages, they can simply look the other way.

More power to you!

I don't do it for looks. I enjoy lifting heavy weights and how I feel having done that. Easiest to do in a gym.

I don’t do it for looks either, it was to help me feel a bit healthier after a serious illness and to try to give me a bit more energy as I was feeling tired all the time too. "

Oh yes, a serious injury in my case gave me the motivation to learn to love it. It makes a huge difference being more physically active.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I go to zumba classes but I've kind of plateaued with the weight loss so I fully intend to chuck myself into the gym at least 3 times a week when the kids go back to school. My problem is I think they're boring, gyms I mean, not the little people

"I go to zumba classes but I've kind of plateaued with the weight loss so I fully intend to chuck myself into the gym at least 3 times a week when the kids go back to school. My problem is I think they're boring, gyms I mean, not the little people "

The trick to gyms and making them less boring and more fun is to stay home and watch Netflix.

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man  over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

I've gotten to the point that I consider running late as a form of cardio

"Just wondering, how many people actually go to the gym? And how many times a week? I often skip gym for a sausage roll

Twice a day! Fat not shifting itself

Fat will shift through excersise but it will take months and months sometimes years.. shifting fat is more about diet than excersise..I lost 2 stone of fat in 3 months earlier this year once I changed my diet "

I’ve lost 44 pounds since mid August. Fasting cardio in the mornings.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I was a decent athlete in my 20s and 30s, I don't do it for other people I do it for myself.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

5/6 days a week.... But then I'm paid to be there.

I train 3/4 days a week.

I've just been set a challenge for 2019, so that may increase.

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

I’ve been once in the past 2 months. I broke my hand boxing (I like saying that - it’s not like me at all), then I got ill and needed surgery and I need a bit bloody more on NYE so gym is out for the foreseeable

By *rben112Man  over a year ago

worcester

2-3 times a week as long as I don’t have any injuries.......... that’s gym attendance. 2-3 times a month would be a miracle for anything else

3 times a week but it's only through self discipline. I don't enjoy it..but I want to stay healthy.

Five to six times a week... pretty much down to zero for the last month and a half though

C

I go quite often as it's opposite my office. Occasional lunchtime session for 20 minutes on the watt bike or rowing machine. At least one long session on the treadmill doing intervals and hill repeats a week and 1-2 core sessions a week. That's on top of other running outdoors

Swim a mile twice a week and try to go to the gym twice a week as well.

Feel better now than i did when i was 20

By *uffnmuffCouple  over a year ago

London

4 to 5 times a week every week and I am normally at the gym by 7:45. I want my body to stay in shape in my old age. And I actually love working out.

By *rocMan  over a year ago

llandudno junction

Try and get 3 workouts a week in...but no where near as keen as what i used to be .

By *thwiltsmMan  over a year ago

salisbury

5 days a week, built my own gym in the garden.

No waiting for other people to finish using equipment but so lonely lol

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

Return of an old knee injury has led to a recommendation to stop impact work so no more running at lunchtimes.

So either quick gym or a swim 4times a week.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I go to the gym 3/4 times a week, including classes.

Won't be going over Xmas, I'm not that committed, but plan to be back in January.

Nita

By *arrasicMan  over a year ago

birmingham

No never

By *issIvyWoman  over a year ago

Plymouth

Finally went back this week after giving birth six weeks ago. I'll be going 2-4 times a week, fitting in around needs of baba and hubby's work schedule.... I need to get my shelf butt back XD

Usually 3 times a week,been slacking this month though

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I don’t attend a gym but I go to the local sports centre 3 times a week.

By *dquestCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

I got a couple of times a week as work permits. Courtney goes every day for 2 sessions... and it shows!

Train twice a day 6 times a week love it!

Been once or twice

4 times a weeks but a week off now to get fat

First post Christmas gym visit, it hurts after eating far too much rubbish the last few days

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Usually twice a week but I haven't been in about a month. It's going to be painful in January!

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

Never been to a gym I get out of bed and walk once and a while and I don't have people delivery my food for me.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I am very slim and walk about 5-7 miles a week to work. No major illness, I hardly even get colds. Eat well. I am good with that.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Not been for a year and doing the very thing I said I'd never do, going in the new year.

Him

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

Five times a week at the moment.

Brilliant de-stresser add that to getting fit at the same time. Brilliant combo

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Yes I go 4 to 6 times a week and I don't eat sausage rolls they are a vile human manufactured processed drug

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

From next month I will be going three times a week as I ha e booked a personal trainer

I’m doing this for health reasons

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

Depends on weather and time of year - just going into a strength block so I'll be gymming it two times a week, possibly three if the weather means no road miles. There's only so much turbo a man can do

Mr Icebreaker

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

I’ve been very little this year but intend to remedy that in January! Once I get into the habit of going I’m fine - it’s just getting back into the habit! X

Twice a week, been going for about 3 years to a personal trainer

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Every day of course as I have boundless energy to use up,no-one wants sex with me so I have to use it up at the gym.

Honest.

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"Every day of course as I have boundless energy to use up,no-one wants sex with me so I have to use it up at the gym.

Honest."

You’re in fantastic shape and a very attractive lady - so if it wasn’t for the sarcastic tone I’d well believe you go every day!

I don't go to a gym but i want to start. I do go running 5 times a week though.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Every day of course as I have boundless energy to use up,no-one wants sex with me so I have to use it up at the gym.

Honest.

You’re in fantastic shape and a very attractive lady - so if it wasn’t for the sarcastic tone I’d well believe you go every day! "

Thankyou that's nice to hear,I do need to get back there soon in all seriousness. I haven't done any exercise in ages,part of me is saying you're 51 now you don't need to go anymore,the other part of me is saying get your lazy arse back there.

Honest.

You’re in fantastic shape and a very attractive lady - so if it wasn’t for the sarcastic tone I’d well believe you go every day!

Thankyou that's nice to hear,I do need to get back there soon in all seriousness. I haven't done any exercise in ages,part of me is saying you're 51 now you don't need to go anymore,the other part of me is saying get your lazy arse back there."

I found that was exactly when I needed to go to the gym regularly...

Nope- not for 6 months plus. Cancelled my membership because I have no time to go.

[Removed by poster at 27/12/18 18:54:28]

I used to go 4 times a week however that has reduced to nothing over the holidays, however I shall be back in the gym tomorrow afternoon

I drag myself about once a year, then remember how much I hate it. Same with most classes.

I do like walking, swimming and yoga though and need to up the frequency of them after new year.

Is it too early to go back?

"Is it too early to go back?"

Nope it isn’t.

[Removed by poster at 27/12/18 19:05:21]

I do and I am there 3 times a week

[Removed by poster at 27/12/18 19:09:41]

Let me think …. last time I was at a gym was maybe 3 weeks ago, I did quite a lot or work that day - I had a few 2 gang sockets to replace, a couple light fittings which were faulty and a couple of switches in the café which needed replaced. Yes a busy day indeed at the gym. I must be pretty fit though because I never broke into a sweat, even going back and forward to my van for gear …. When I went back to the carpark, I even admired all the BMW X5's that were parked there belonging to the local drug barons who were in there working out

By *londie8399Couple  over a year ago

blackpool

I use to go twice a week but got bored of it on my own i need a gym buddy i dont have much will power

"Is it too early to go back?

Nope it isn’t."

Going tonight.

Nope it isn’t.

Going tonight."

Lucky you, I can’t make it until tomorrow afternoon

Winter 3-4 times a week.. January 1-2 depends on how many new years new me turn up Haha !! summer is bike riding and swimming but also enjoy deep sea diving great way of keeping active and good fun

Nope it isn’t.

Going tonight.

Lucky you, I can’t make it until tomorrow afternoon "

24/7 gyms are the way forward, unless you like the spa ones

By *reddiebearMan  over a year ago

keighley

I go 5/6 times a week plus i cycle

Everyday on my gym at home. 3 times a week at Sports Direct and I class my work as my cardio.

Been hard to stay motivated recently. I'll be one of those annoying people in the gym come January. Though I was once 8% body fat and 16 stone

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Ten days ago, I completed a 3 month GP Referral Gym Course at a local Leisure Centre run byca private owned company. Never Again!

Administration and Joining paperwork took

1.5 hours.

Second appt should have been 1hr; reality was over 90 minutes. They tried to put me on some equipment which I couldn't use down to doctors advice ref existing medical conditions; reality was they doubted integrity of medical professionals!

Then, they advised me of appointments, which clashed with work and but were inflexible with optional times, as they'd only 1 trained person to oversee me.

I fell ill with Flu for 10 weeks, unable to access gym at their request, but still took my monthly payment + billed the NHS for balance.

An absolute joke of a company! Strangely, between Start & Finish checks, I lost 3kg, & two inches off my waist, despite doing nothing!

Nope it isn’t.

Going tonight.

24/7 gyms are the way forward, unless you like the spa ones"

Once the school holidays are over normality will resume

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Five times a week at the moment.

Brilliant de-stresser add that to getting fit at the same time. Brilliant combo "

And definitely looking good on it

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I go 2/3 times a week and also enjoy a social life outside the gym but with my gym buddies.....

Haven't been for months.

By *oxerinboxersMan  over a year ago

mk

Been a bit lapse this month but who isn’t starting fresh in January boxing twice a week gym another 2 days and occasionally a bit of football to help the cardio.

My new goal is to drop 10kgs ready for another boxing match

Need to drop 45kgs. Got a month to do it. Gym every day. Lol

I usually go daily before work, I've been slacking lately on the food and the exercise. Time to get back to it.

By *appyman3943Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Yup, 3 times a week. Gym is a great stress buster.

Yup, 3 times a week. Gym is a great stress buster."

Yes it is and also boosts energy like crazy

Hiding in the shadows

Get me back in the gym tomorrow.

I'll be burning off the Christmas excess for the next week!

By *imited 3EditionCouple  over a year ago

Live in Scotland Play in England

I stopped going to the gym before Easter so resuming gym activity is long overdue. Thankfully one of our fab friends has kindly agreed to give me the motivation I need next week...a naughty gym session with him as my personal trainer...I can honestly say I'm looking forward to getting hot and sweaty

Sara x

Aberdeen

"I stopped going to the gym before Easter so resuming gym activity is long overdue. Thankfully one of our fab friends has kindly agreed to give me the motivation I need next week...a naughty gym session with him as my personal trainer...I can honestly say I'm looking forward to getting hot and sweaty

Sara x"

Lucky man!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I haven’t been for ages. I will do so though after all the yummy Xmas food is gone and I’ve watched all the Xmas films.

By *ophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Southampton

Well Ruth goes to the gym twice a week... and comes home a real sweaty mess... She works out hard! Then she has personal training session every 3 weeks and he gives her her routines... She also rows 11k in 50 minutes at least twice a week. Total fitness is part of her regime... I'm not allowed to slouch... Robert

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Been to several gyms, never stayed as I got fed up with the narrow minded links taking the piss out of me for being overweight and unable to do some of the exercises correctly.

Hiding in the shadows

"Been to several gyms, never stayed as I got fed up with the narrow minded links taking the piss out of me for being overweight and unable to do some of the exercises correctly."

That absolutely sucks!

And something that would never happen at my gym.

3yrs ago I was the fat bird looking like a stuffed sausage in my lycra, red faced & sweating my arse off.

If it wasn't for the support the lads at the gym gave me, I'd still be a sausage xxx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Usually 4 times a week, it's a great routine in my life

By *rtmarshMan  over a year ago

Stewarton

I have my own purpose built gym at home. It's great I can train when ever I like in what ever I like. It's great for getting the kids interested as well.

Stewarton

"Been to several gyms, never stayed as I got fed up with the narrow minded links taking the piss out of me for being overweight and unable to do some of the exercises correctly."

That sucks! But I totally understand, I had the same problem that's why I built my own gym and got an online coach and dropped 6 stone.

blackpool

Have a gym membership use to go twice a week but havent been since march gets a bit boring on your own need another girl to come with me so we can give each the boost to carry on i get bored easiy

By *ugarbaby777TV/TS  over a year ago

Leamington Spa

Go regularly. Use it to de stress from work

By *uckaroo BanzaiCouple  over a year ago

Somewhere nice

We've both been this morning.. 3-4 times a week after work..

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I haven’t been for ages. I will do so though after all the yummy Xmas food is gone and I’ve watched all the Xmas films. "

I updated my status to prove I’m serious.

By *MP3Man  over a year ago

Between Scylla and Charybdis

"I often skip gym for a sausage roll"

I've given up the gym in favour of Gregg's. I have seen the light!

ashby de la zouch

"I often skip gym for a sausage roll

I've given up the gym in favour of Gregg's. I have seen the light! "

Why not indulge in crack cocaine??? Ha ha ha ??

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 28/12/18 21:41:44]

ashby de la zouch

"Need to drop 45kgs. Got a month to do it. Gym every day. Lol"

Obviously you're lieing but why ?

ashby de la zouch

"Have a gym membership use to go twice a week but havent been since march gets a bit boring on your own need another girl to come with me so we can give each the boost to carry on i get bored easiy"

You find 45 mins of intense focused activity boring ?

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 28/12/18 21:47:00]

ashby de la zouch

Today I did a 25 km ski tour ascended to 3200 meters 35 km piste, hour gym and then a swim xxx

Today I drove to the gym got the lift up to the top, than went on the step machine and running machine, then got the lift down and drove home. Well worth the £400 a year.

I did some bench press, the a bit more bench press, followed by some more bench press. Was a thoroughly enjoyable 2 hours.

Nope it isn’t.

Going tonight.

24/7 gyms are the way forward, unless you like the spa ones"

24/7 gyms are great.

I go about 3 times a week, great to destress and blow off some steam!

I work 12hr shifts so I only go on my rest days so between 3/4 times a week on average.

It is not just about fitness but it helps my mental well being, gives you a routine on rest days and starts the day off well.

I used to do spinning 3x a week but I haven't been for 2 months as I was busy looking for a new home and then moving took place - so tiring. Now I'm away for Xmas holidays abroad so going back to my gym next week!

i’m guessing next month will have a huge surge of new members

Onestepoutofthedoor

I'm gonna go today...hopefully. Maybe.

Wonder how many decided to join a gym for New Year? Wonder how long they'll last? Always busy in the gym first couple weeks if January.

"Wonder how many decided to join a gym for New Year? Wonder how long they'll last? Always busy in the gym first couple weeks if January. "

Fizzles off by the middle of february from what i’ve witnessed

I've abandoned it for a couple of months. Asked a nurse yesterday if I can go back this weekend. She said not till my stitches are out and even then to take it easy

Mrs

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

Taken a break for the last 2 weeks , concentrated on prepping for Christmas and family

Tbh I have really missed it but not going back until the New Year

Sometimes the best results can be seen after a small break

By *urity555Man  over a year ago

south west

Love a big sausage roll

Usually train 3/4 times a week.

Twice with my powerlifting coach then my other sessions are ancillary work to assist with my big lifts

Miss P

ashby de la zouch

"Today I drove to the gym got the lift up to the top, than went on the step machine and running machine, then got the lift down and drove home. Well worth the £400 a year."

Sounds idiotic to me

"Today I drove to the gym got the lift up to the top, than went on the step machine and running machine, then got the lift down and drove home. Well worth the £400 a year.

Sounds idiotic to me"

I was being facetious, the Devon countryside is my gym.

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I go three times a week and have done for about 3 years.

I was overweight, a type 2 diabetic and lived a pretty sedentary life. Since then I’ve lost 4 stone and reversed the diabetes which feels like the greatest achievement of my life. All through going to the gym and generally becoming more active.

So my motivation is to keep the weight off. I still love sausage rolls though!

blackpool

"Have a gym membership use to go twice a week but havent been since march gets a bit boring on your own need another girl to come with me so we can give each the boost to carry on i get bored easiy

"

i dont find other exercise boring just going to the gym as i have no idea what im doing on the matchines and what works best for what i want to achieve

Aberdeen

Good to see a lot of gym goers on this thread, but the big question is has anyone ever had any sexy fun when there?

south west

"Good to see a lot of gym goers on this thread, but the big question is has anyone ever had any sexy fun when there?"

We actually own a gym so yeh!!!

I go a few times a week.

Really want to get a beach body for the summer.

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"Good to see a lot of gym goers on this thread, but the big question is has anyone ever had any sexy fun when there?

We actually own a gym so yeh!!! "

That is hot !

south west

"Good to see a lot of gym goers on this thread, but the big question is has anyone ever had any sexy fun when there?

That is hot ! "

Very much so!

By *udistnorthantsMan  over a year ago

Desborough

Depending on my Shift days off I try to go once a week, sometimes more.

Nope nothing sexy though a lady Fabber goes to my gym

That is hot !

Very much so! "

I never have but I know people who have, makes me suspicious of the jacuzzis

By *d59michelleTV/TS  over a year ago

walsall

Gym is one of my favourite searches on the tube sites

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Was going 6 days a week at one stage....cut back to 3 at the moment

Stewarton

Meat heads

ashby de la zouch

"Have a gym membership use to go twice a week but havent been since march gets a bit boring on your own need another girl to come with me so we can give each the boost to carry on i get bored easiy

i dont find other exercise boring just going to the gym as i have no idea what im doing on the matchines and what works best for what i want to achieve "

Erm then my suggestion is apossed to calling something that, by your own admission you do not understand, boring,

Learn what does what and how to use the right equipment to benefit what you want to achieve

It is dangerous and foolish to use gym equipment without understanding ??

Manchester (she/her)

Gym was dead last night. Great for me.

Manchester (she/her)

i dont find other exercise boring just going to the gym as i have no idea what im doing on the matchines and what works best for what i want to achieve

Erm then my suggestion is apossed to calling something that, by your own admission you do not understand, boring,

Learn what does what and how to use the right equipment to benefit what you want to achieve

It is dangerous and foolish to use gym equipment without understanding ??"

Bit of research or asking for help does wonders.

By *eal Deal PartiesWoman  over a year ago

x

I go 3/4 times a week normally.. but have a chest infection at the moment and it’s stop my game

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 30/12/18 09:32:24]

ashby de la zouch

"Today I drove to the gym got the lift up to the top, than went on the step machine and running machine, then got the lift down and drove home. Well worth the £400 a year.

Sounds idiotic to me

I was being facetious, the Devon countryside is my gym. "

If you define taking the piss out of people who have an innocent and harmless passion ,,facetious then fine your were indeed being idiotic xxx

And why limit yourself to one county there is a whole world and everything in it as a playground ,today it's the Welsh mountains and a quick swim in a lake xxx

Manchester (she/her)

I used to find gyms overwhelming but got some advice and won some free PT sessions in a competition they ran. I've never looked back.

Onestepoutofthedoor

I'm definitely definitely going today!

By *adlyDeeplyCouple  over a year ago

Bristol

We both go 4 times a week on average, with at least one session each with a PT. Best thing we have ever done.. we’ll almost!

ashby de la zouch

From a health and wellbeing perspective I advocate no single activity x

Same as nutrition variety is the key

Eat as many differing foods as one can

Include as many physical activities as one can x specialism be it in a gym or the Devon countryside can lead to muscular and physical imbalances, even psychological imbalances

So I advocate cross training

Cycle ,run walk swim lift heavy light, yoga ,climb ,skate

But most importantly enjoy and understand and respect others passions and pleasures xxx

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Tamworth

"From a health and wellbeing perspective I advocate no single activity x

Include as many physical activities as one can x specialism be it in a gym or the Devon countryside can lead to muscular and physical imbalances, even psychological imbalances

But most importantly enjoy and understand and respect others passions and pleasures xxx"

This is why I got into triathlon. After years of running I was getting injuries all over the place. Balancing the three plus S&C has made all the difference.

I (try to!) do 3 weight sessions and two short cardio sessions per week.

Life always gets in the way though.

Oh and I have a week off every 10 weeks

ashby de la zouch

"From a health and wellbeing perspective I advocate no single activity x

But most importantly enjoy and understand and respect others passions and pleasures xxx

This is why I got into triathlon. After years of running I was getting injuries all over the place. Balancing the three plus S&C has made all the difference. "

Tri is excellent and for most long distances are needless

Half mile run 2 k bike and 5 pool lengths is all most humans would need 3 times ish a week with maybe 2 strength gym sessions for muscle and bone density conditioning x

Most aim too high too soon and give up x

By *j156271Man  over a year ago

huddersfield

I try to go 3-4 times a week but past month it has slowed down and I know it’s going to be busy in January (I go really early or really late so that it’s quiet).

When I do go I do really enjoy it and love getting into that routine and feel a lot better for myself and suppose it helps burn the kebabs off

Around 3/4 times a weeks plus I train in Muay Thai too - thats always a good workout!

ashby de la zouch

"I try to go 3-4 times a week but past month it has slowed down and I know it’s going to be busy in January (I go really early or really late so that it’s quiet).

When I do go I do really enjoy it and love getting into that routine and feel a lot better for myself and suppose it helps burn the kebabs off"

Ironically

I tend to stay away from the gym in January, far far too many people for my liking x

All I can say is that I’m going to attempt to attend a gym of some sorts twice a week from next week

Aberdeen

We actually own a gym so yeh!!! "

Now that gym sounds as tho it’s worth the membership fee’s!