FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Inflated egos : a passion killer or a turn on?

Inflated egos : a passion killer or a turn on?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Let's say some hottie catches your eye either on fab or in a club, but their favourite topic is discussing their own self appointed awesomeness.... Constantly! I've known characters such as this but more interestingly I've known females that can't get enough of it.

Would someone banging on about how hot, successful, talented etc etc etc get your pulse racing for them? Or would it then just be a case of 'nah, actually don't like the cut of ya jib'

Be interesting to hear both male and female views on whether they would be put off or turned on?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My old fuck buddy was totally in love with himself, knew fine well he would never love someone as much as he loved him and was so up himself it was unreal. He was sexy as hell, and it was quite a turn on! However, his was in wee doses....there are some men that seriously think they are gods gift to women, and it instantly puts me off them. I’m chatting to someone like that at the moment and I’m really struggling to see if it’s a joke or not....I’ll sometimes joke I’m the most amazing shag you’ll ever find on fab (1000000% not true), so I’m hoping they’re doing the same kind of thing....

TLDR; it’s usually a major turn off

If someone is serious it’s a complete turn off

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Major turn off

V x

I’m happy for them to talk about whatever they like as long as I can put my tongue in their special holes.

I’ve always been a better listener than talker.

I’m also very talented with my beautiful penis.

It’s probably the most perfect penis in the world.

I have many talents and can juggle.

I’m also a terrific songwriter and once penned a brilliant song for a girl called Alanis.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I go through phases of finding it really hot and a bit irritating. I like confidence - I like people who like themselves and know who they are and project that. In a tongue in cheek fashion it's hot. Most of the time it's a bit eyeroll inducing. Sort of a fine line isn't there? I want to have sex with people who won't just be looking in the mirror assessing their performance and hair.

By *ornylittlesubWoman  over a year ago

Grangemouth

Just a big NO-NO. No matter how good they looked.

"I go through phases of finding it really hot and a bit irritating. I like confidence - I like people who like themselves and know who they are and project that. In a tongue in cheek fashion it's hot. Most of the time it's a bit eyeroll inducing. Sort of a fine line isn't there? I want to have sex with people who won't just be looking in the mirror assessing their performance and hair."

Up their own ass is an instant turn off

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Turn off for me, i haven't got time for arrogant people who are wrapped in their own bubble .

If they are deadly serious -turn off

If urs banter/someone who can laugh at themself and not take everything really seriously is hot

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

Massive turn off. Don’t do it please

Yawwwwwwn!

Unfortunately I work with a lot of people that think they're REALLY important

"Blahhhdefucking blahhhhh, me, me, I, me "

One man inparticular repulses me - but no matter how many people think he's a knob head he doesn't see it or hear it.

He is deeply in love with himself.

A "selfmance "

"I’m happy for them to talk about whatever they like as long as I can put my tongue in their special holes.

I’m also a terrific songwriter and once penned a brilliant song for a girl called Alanis."

"I’m happy for them to talk about whatever they like as long as I can put my tongue in their special holes.

I’m also a terrific songwriter and once penned a brilliant song for a girl called Alanis."

Fabulous and Bearded is that you ?

Meh. Grounded and down to earth people every day of the week for me please. Likeable, smiley, confident and assured yet humble and not self-centred. Bollox to all the ‘I am’ shit and faux self importance.

In my experience those that try to overly project how ‘great’ they are are normally compensating for their insecurities and inadequacy.

I’m also a terrific songwriter and once penned a brilliant song for a girl called Alanis.

Fabulous and Bearded is that you ?"

Yeah, now I read that back it’s the beautiful penis bit isn’t it.

Oh well, imitation is the best form of flattery and there’s no one I’d happily flatter more

Total turn off

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Incredibly off putting.

Fabulous and Bearded is that you ?

Yeah, now I read that back it’s the beautiful penis bit isn’t it.

Oh well, imitation is the best form of flattery and there’s no one I’d happily flatter more "

I was thinking their ‘special holes’. It’s all good, it made me laugh.

Confidence and the ability to know you are good without bragging about it wins.

People can tell if you are successful, intellingent, kind or whatever without you needing to spell it out.

If you cannot put others first, then you are better off with a mirror, because it's the only true love you are capable of.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"Let's say some hottie catches your eye either on fab or in a club, but their favourite topic is discussing their own self appointed awesomeness.... Constantly! I've known characters such as this but more interestingly I've known females that can't get enough of it.

Would someone banging on about how hot, successful, talented etc etc etc get your pulse racing for them? Or would it then just be a case of 'nah, actually don't like the cut of ya jib'

Be interesting to hear both male and female views on whether they would be put off or turned on? "

Can't work out why you messaged me then.

By *o30Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

Massive turn off.

It would depend on the person. Some people are hot and they know it and it's just a fact. I see no problem with them knowing it and being confident in themselves.

I once met an absolutely drop dead gorgeous man and he was aware of how hot he is. He didn't put himself down or big himself up either.

Arrogance is a mask for other deeper issues, everyone knows that, it’s just one of the basics.

Bring them back down to earth with a bang

Chester/Wirral

"Arrogance is a mask for other deeper issues, everyone knows that, it’s just one of the basics. "
You must be really fucked up then.

"Let's say some hottie catches your eye either on fab or in a club, but their favourite topic is discussing their own self appointed awesomeness.... Constantly! I've known characters such as this but more interestingly I've known females that can't get enough of it.

Be interesting to hear both male and female views on whether they would be put off or turned on? Can't work out why you messaged me then. "

What’s the relevance to the question ?

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

They say " The empty can rattles the most "

Chester/Wirral

Be interesting to hear both male and female views on whether they would be put off or turned on? Can't work out why you messaged me then.

What’s the relevance to the question ?"

just a joke

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Confidence is an incredibly sexy quality; Arrogance and egotism conversely, in my eyes at least, are most definitely not however.

"Arrogance is a mask for other deeper issues, everyone knows that, it’s just one of the basics. You must be really fucked up then. "

You know it. I’m actually very self deprecating, it’s one of my many qualities.

Be interesting to hear both male and female views on whether they would be put off or turned on? Can't work out why you messaged me then.

What’s the relevance to the question ? just a joke"

Sincere apologies, as you were

Chester/Wirral

"Arrogance is a mask for other deeper issues, everyone knows that, it’s just one of the basics. You must be really fucked up then.

You know it. I’m actually very self deprecating, it’s one of my many qualities."

See what you did there.

Confidence is sexy. Arrogance is not. With the exception of Harvey from Suits.

I quite like shy men though.

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

It's the difference between confidence and arrogance, some are attracted to arrogant people, many are attracted to confidence.

I think that confidence is an internal thing, a personal knowledge and belief that doesn't require external reassurance. Arrogance on the other hand seems to require input to further itself.

Personally I try and follow the quiet confidence path, just because I'd rather believe in myself first and foremost

Arrogance can be appealing at first but the novelty soon wears off.

I like people with depth and integrity who can hold a conversation about something other than themselves.

A good sexual partner to me is someone in tune with your body, who reacts and responds to you, they can't do that if they're too busy watching their own performance in the mirror.

A quiet, understated, confidence is the sexiest thing in a man or a woman.

Arrogance - turn off

Confidence - turn on

I would faceplant of boredom straight into my dinner. Or just watch them quietly go on (and on) with a look and just plot a delicious murder. Before never seeing them again.

Major turn off

Arrogance is a big turn off x

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Sounds immature...turn off for me.

I think you can only make a proper judgement in person. We are all different on the internet, and it's a crappy medium for communication anyway,

"I think you can only make a proper judgement in person. We are all different on the internet, and it's a crappy medium for communication anyway,"

We disagree from experience you can tell alot about people on how they message you and also how they act in the forums.

We tend to stay away from arrogant people and don't feel we need to give someone the chance face to face

Im just confident in myself but im like the annoying child who shouts and shouts till u give me what i want

How others are has no baring on me as long as its funny and there nice people brag all u like girls proof is in the eating and dinner is served

I can't stand it and I delete their message. Arrogance with or without assumptions, is a passion killer for me.

What I mean by assumptions is when they big themselves up and message me how they can supposedly breathe through their ears or do oral for hours.

Well for me, if you're doing oral for hours then clearly you aren't doing it right. Also not all women want oral nor enjoy prolonged oral. It becomes boring.

Just because their previous meet enjoyed what they did to them, doesn't mean their next sexual partner will.

"I think you can only make a proper judgement in person. We are all different on the internet, and it's a crappy medium for communication anyway,"

So true

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I think you can only make a proper judgement in person. We are all different on the internet, and it's a crappy medium for communication anyway,

We disagree from experience you can tell alot about people on how they message you and also how they act in the forums.

We tend to stay away from arrogant people and don't feel we need to give someone the chance face to face "

I'd have to disagree. They key is knowing and working out when they're serious (and often delusional) and when it's just their online persona which can sometimes involve a charade of arrogance and inflated ego but is either just their sense of humour or their coping mechanism for having a small cock/not getting any meets.

Some of the quirkiest characters in the forums are much quieter in person and just normal, down to earth perverts.

You do meet the odd one or two who in person are just as irritating as they are online. But most of the time you'll never get a true idea unless you're face to face. Or face to crotch.

A

I agree with this. I find I become more annoyed online whether that's Facebook, kik or on here....when compared to how I am in person. Some may be shocked to know, I'm much more down to earth in person .

Sometimes it's hard to read people whilst chatting to them online. Online you can't see body language. So it's difficult to tell whether someone is being genuinely annoying/bitchy/bit of a twat or trying to come across blunt but sincere and genuine.

I love to meet people who are arrogant....

They always make me laugh and you know you will always have a great time....

I’m not keen on spending my free time with someone I have to reassure at every step... it can be hard work....

"I love to meet people who are arrogant....

I’m not keen on spending my free time with someone I have to reassure at every step... it can be hard work...."

You don’t have to be arrogant, not to need reassurance. It’s called confidence, big difference.

Chester/Wirral

I’m not keen on spending my free time with someone I have to reassure at every step... it can be hard work...."

We would paint NYC red.

[Removed by poster at 18/12/18 21:03:00]

Surely you mistaking confidence with arrogance

Confidence is sexy. Xx

Arrogance is not!

Jo.Xx

I'm not going to waste my time on some one who is conceited & arrogant. It is not attractive, confidence however, is sexy.

I’m not keen on spending my free time with someone I have to reassure at every step... it can be hard work....

Surely you mistaking confidence with arrogance"

I work with nothing but Ivy league educated , type A personalities...

I’m used to being around arrogant people.....

The next time you are in London... go to a bar and strike up a conversation with someone who works for Goldman Sachs....

You will think the universe belongs to them , and we are just lucky they allow us to breath the same air..

It’s very entertaining but allow them to buy all the drinks...

The next time you are in London... go to a bar and strike up a conversation with someone who works for Goldman Sachs....

You will think the universe belongs to them , and we are just lucky they allow us to breath the same air..

It’s very entertaining but allow them to buy all the drinks... "

They will think*

Definite turn off. As much as I prefer listening to people's stories and interests, they need to be able to talk about something other than themselves all the time

C

By *s_bettyboopWoman  over a year ago

I like a bit of cockiness and cheekiness sometimes but you've got to know when to draw the line. Some people just take it too far and end up looking like a twat.

"Definite turn off. As much as I prefer listening to people's stories and interests, they need to be able to talk about something other than themselves all the time

C"

As long as they’re buying all the drinks who cares...

When I go to happy hour after work, I find the biggest loud mouth in the bar... I then compliment him about something he said and drink all night for free....

I’ve ordered Johnny Walker blue and Louis 14 th on these arrogant people’s tab....

When life gives you lemons always try to make lemonade.....

By *nitterWoman  over a year ago

the land of tall tales and yarn

Is it different if its a female ?

"Definite turn off. As much as I prefer listening to people's stories and interests, they need to be able to talk about something other than themselves all the time

C

When I go to happy hour after work, I find the biggest loud mouth in the bar... I then compliment him about something he said and drink all night for free....

I’ve ordered Johnny Walker blue and Louis 14 th on these arrogant people’s tab....

When life gives you lemons always try to make lemonade....."

Women tend to be less willing to buy drinks for guys, so not sure how well that'd work out for me but it's worth a try

C

"Is it different if its a female ?"

Nope. Arrogance is universally a turn off for me.

C

And quite a few reasonable people do work in the city luckily ...

I like the quiet ones. The self-assured ones.

That's probably because I am quite loud sometimes.

But a little humility is quite becoming x

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Total turn off.

I can't abide vanity, egos & self centred people.

Mind you, from experience.

I have found the ones that give it all 'the big I am' in public, are in reality, very insecure needy little men.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Turn off

By *rtmarshMan  over a year ago

Stewarton

What's an ego? Some sort of car?

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Is it different if its a female ?"

Nope not at all, arrogance is the same, whatever the gender.

(good to see you btw)

C

When life gives you lemons always try to make lemonade....."

Brilliant!

We are on this rock for a mere blink of an eye, we belong to the universe.

"Total turn off.

I can't abide vanity, egos & self centred people.

Mind you, from experience.

I have found the ones that give it all 'the big I am' in public, are in reality, very insecure needy little men. "

shhhhhhh i told you to say nothing

Massive egos bore me

Funny at first, but when they keep banging on and creating threads about themselves.... Holy sweet mother of fuck... Give it a fucking rest pal!!

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

"Arrogance can be appealing at first but the novelty soon wears off.

I like people with depth and integrity who can hold a conversation about something other than themselves.

A good sexual partner to me is someone in tune with your body, who reacts and responds to you, they can't do that if they're too busy watching their own performance in the mirror. "

Yes, this.

"Massive egos bore me

Funny at first, but when they keep banging on and creating threads about themselves.... Holy sweet mother of fuck... Give it a fucking rest pal!! "

sorry boss

"Massive egos bore me

Funny at first, but when they keep banging on and creating threads about themselves.... Holy sweet mother of fuck... Give it a fucking rest pal!! "

This sums it up perfectly!

"Massive egos bore me

Funny at first, but when they keep banging on and creating threads about themselves.... Holy sweet mother of fuck... Give it a fucking rest pal!! sorry boss "

I wasn't actually thinking of you

"Massive egos bore me

Funny at first, but when they keep banging on and creating threads about themselves.... Holy sweet mother of fuck... Give it a fucking rest pal!! sorry boss

I wasn't actually thinking of you "

"Massive egos bore me

Funny at first, but when they keep banging on and creating threads about themselves.... Holy sweet mother of fuck... Give it a fucking rest pal!! sorry boss

I wasn't actually thinking of you "

Chuck him in for a laugh anyway..

"Massive egos bore me

Funny at first, but when they keep banging on and creating threads about themselves.... Holy sweet mother of fuck... Give it a fucking rest pal!! sorry boss "

Oh I find the pantomime quite amusing, especially when the baddies get lots of heated responses. But when people seriously do have a massive ego its not attractive. In some ways pitying actually.... Ego can be a good thing in life such as careers but ultimately a big ego keeps you in the dark.

"Massive egos bore me

Oh I find the pantomime quite amusing, especially when the baddies get lots of heated responses. But when people seriously do have a massive ego its not attractive. In some ways pitying actually.... Ego can be a good thing in life such as careers but ultimately a big ego keeps you in the dark. "

phew good job im not a baddie then

"Massive egos bore me

Oh I find the pantomime quite amusing, especially when the baddies get lots of heated responses. But when people seriously do have a massive ego its not attractive. In some ways pitying actually.... Ego can be a good thing in life such as careers but ultimately a big ego keeps you in the dark. phew good job im not a baddie then"

Nah, your a shiny youngling that steps into character every now and then!

"Massive egos bore me

Oh I find the pantomime quite amusing, especially when the baddies get lots of heated responses. But when people seriously do have a massive ego its not attractive. In some ways pitying actually.... Ego can be a good thing in life such as careers but ultimately a big ego keeps you in the dark. phew good job im not a baddie then"

He's behind you!!!

i cant imagine anyone who self gloats about them self being an attaactice trait to anyone.

Do you really know what someone is like without ever meeting them?

The internet let's people act differently to what they actually could be.

"Do you really know what someone is like without ever meeting them?

The internet let's people act differently to what they actually could be."

That can also be said of people you meet in clubs. We all can at times wear a mask to some degree when first getting to know someone

"Do you really know what someone is like without ever meeting them?

The internet let's people act differently to what they actually could be."

This is an amazing recent phenomenon, especially prevalent in keyboard warriors! Anyone can say anything online with nothing to substantiate it ... see it on fab all the time

Good question.

Achieved a lot. That's attractive.

Narcissism, that's not attractive.

"Good question.

Achieved a lot. That's attractive.

Narcissism, that's not attractive."

Self love is healthy and a shame more people dont have that for themselves. Problem with narcissistic individuals they just do not have anything left to love another, its all self consuming for them

By *orthyorkypairCouple  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

total turn off to both of us!!! no more to say!!!

Oooh I love the selfmance idea

Ego usually hides tons of either insecurities OR far worse, sociopathic tendencies. So no thank you

Be interesting to hear both male and female views on whether they would be put off or turned on? "

Instant turn off, a lion should never have to tell you that they are a lion!

By *adtaffladMan  over a year ago

Rhyl

Major turn off . Can't stand people like that . To be attractive isn't just about looks it's the person themselves . But hey different strokes for different folks

Turn off. I'd prefer to have them banging on about how awesome I am

By *ySweetLadyWoman  over a year ago

London

Major turn off for me too.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

"Turn off. I'd prefer to have them banging on about how awesome I am "

Where should I start cariad

By *rtmarshMan  over a year ago

Stewarton

I'm just small, narrow minded with a small willy.

"I'm just small, narrow minded with a small willy. "

Then you no good to meeeeeee sir

"Turn off. I'd prefer to have them banging on about how awesome I am

Where should I start cariad"

You Just started with the word 'cariad'

All about me not my cup of tea.Although sometimes the other individual needs to step up and talk about themselves too.

If someone is hot but bangs on a bit too much, I find shoving a cock in their mouth helps to shut them up for a bit

I don't have lady bits, but I'm guessing that singing your own praises is quite difficult with a face full of fanny too

"If someone is hot but bangs on a bit too much, I find shoving a cock in their mouth helps to shut them up for a bit

I don't have lady bits, but I'm guessing that singing your own praises is quite difficult with a face full of fanny too "

Depends on the size of the mouth and the size of the cock though

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Passion killer.

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

Confidence and arrogance are two different things. I would not be attracted to the person you describe.

No, I cannot bear self absorbed people, in my experience they are usually full of shit.

I will base my assumptions on what you do, not what you say.

"If someone is hot but bangs on a bit too much, I find shoving a cock in their mouth helps to shut them up for a bit

I don't have lady bits, but I'm guessing that singing your own praises is quite difficult with a face full of fanny too

Depends on the size of the mouth and the size of the cock though "

Oh you tease

I can't decide whether some people here are taking the piss or they really do have massive egos

Not my cup of tea that I’m afraid. There’s confidence, which is sexy and arrogance which is a right old penis shrinker.

» Add a new message to this topic