FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Armageddon

Armageddon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

So we watched the film over weekend, wife hadn’t seen it before. Don’t get me wrong nothing like a good action film, but oh my god this film should have been renamed as USA we save the world again!!

What is it about the film industry and this continual rubbish about the USA saving the planet,.

I can think of so many films where this is the case, it’s boring!!!

Name some films that do this, comments if you agree or disagree anything is welcome..

Sorry Monday rant

Stella x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because yanks unlike us are self promoters and love there country and love to show how patriotic they are

...It's easier to train drillers to be astronauts than astronauts to drill... apparently.

How about when its teenagers who save the world ... lol.

By *tella Heels OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

"How about when its teenagers who save the world ... lol."

Just as stupid

A good proportion of films are funded by Americans and their biggest profit comes in the United States from cinema goers so it makes seance to target them and appeal to them. Its less attractive to us in the UK but we don't really matter to the film makers.

"A good proportion of films are funded by Americans and their biggest profit comes in the United States from cinema goers so it makes seance to target them and appeal to them. Its less attractive to us in the UK but we don't really matter to the film makers. "

Avengers Assemble just would not have been the same set in London.

Iron Man with a Britsh accent?

To be fair to them most things that can go bad in their films have gone bad in America. It's not like tidal waves and huge lizards are always eating France and they jet pack in to save the day. I think most Americans love watching their country get blown to shit... just as long as they prevail in the end

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"So we watched the film over weekend, wife hadn’t seen it before. Don’t get me wrong nothing like a good action film, but oh my god this film should have been renamed as USA we save the world again!!

What is it about the film industry and this continual rubbish about the USA saving the planet,.

I can think of so many films where this is the case, it’s boring!!!

Name some films that do this, comments if you agree or disagree anything is welcome..

Sorry Monday rant

Stella x"

That’s Michael Bay for you

Another great example of American flag waving nonsense is Delta Force starring the mighty Chuck Norris.

There’s a special scene depicting the heroes proudly slapping on American flag arm patches whilst the admittedly awesome film score kicks into patriotic overdrive

I think Americans generally think the world would go to shit without them

The stories go where the funding is. That's why The Meg is heading to a beach in China.

"I think Americans generally think the world would go to shit without them"

Sweeping statement!!!!

It's the movie industry. The USA is a large diverse country with some great folk in my experience.

Does coronation street represent the whole of the UK??

"

Does coronation street represent the whole of the UK??"

Just North of Watford.

Americans are obsessed with the end of the world .I believe because there is a perpetual sense of fear in American society. I think 9/11 heightened this sense but it's part of their culture.Religon and the Christian Right plays a part and doomsday cults have been particularly successful in recruiting in the US.

It could also be a longing to burn it all down an start again and of course in these movies at the end it's a new beginning with the good people surviving to rebuild a better world .

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"The stories go where the funding is. That's why The Meg is heading to a beach in China."

It's almost impossible to get a western block buster shown in China. The Chinese Communist Party are very strict on what image's and messages their people see (wonder why). That's why Hollywood often bends over backwards now to self censor movies as not to oupset the sensibility of the CCP. It's worth censoring anything that is pro freedoms or slightly critical of China because if you are one of the few movies that get in your going to make a killing (you just have to sell your artistic and creative soul).

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

"Americans are obsessed with the end of the world .I believe because there is a perpetual sense of fear in American society. I think 9/11 heightened this sense but it's part of their culture.Religon and the Christian Right plays a part and doomsday cults have been particularly successful in recruiting in the US.

It could also be a longing to burn it all down an start again and of course in these movies at the end it's a new beginning with the good people surviving to rebuild a better world .

"

You can tell Threads wasn't an American film; not much sight of building a better world at the end of that movie.

"It's almost impossible to get a western block buster shown in China. "

That was the case before the Qingdao investment. They're falling over themselves to take western genre productions now, and it's a smart move on their part.

The fact is that in the real world, the US are going to save us all. Whether we like it or not...

By *andWCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Luton

It's when they change history that gets on my tits.

U-571 is a perfect example. Yanks boarding a U-boat and capturing an Enigma machine ... failing to mention anywhere that it was in fact British sailors who captured it from U-110 months before the US had even entered the war!

"It's when they change history that gets on my tits.

U-571 is a perfect example. Yanks boarding a U-boat and capturing an Enigma machine ... failing to mention anywhere that it was in fact British sailors who captured it from U-110 months before the US had even entered the war! "

https://youtu.be/vEVJ_48YgTg

By *ryst In IsoldeWoman  over a year ago

your imagination

On a marginally related topic, why did the brains responsible for Looper insist on trying to make JGL look like a young Bruce Willis?? We all know what Bruce Willis looked like when he was younger, and despite JGL's excellent mimicry of his mannerisms and speech, the prosthetics just jarred. Why didn't they just make Bruce Willis look like he could be an older JGL? Nobody knows what he will look like when he's older.

There is a great BBC drama/comedy set in WW2, called Over Here. Watch it if you can find it, bloody hilarious.

» Add a new message to this topic