FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Slow Lanes.

Slow Lanes.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

A possibly contentious subject this one.....

Picture the scene if you will for a moment: You’re in town on foot and in a bit of a hurry to reach a destination. Fine so far right? Only trouble is, everyone on the pavement in front of you is seemingly determined to thwart your passage at all costs and are dawdling, stopping awkwardly and suddenly in the middle of the path to gawk into shop windows and being generally annoying obstructions by blocking your every step and generally pissing you off as you desperately attempt to get past these hoards of ambling individuals.

With the above in mind and as it has in the past been actually proposed for some of London’s eternally crowded streets, do you believe that there should be ‘Slow Pedestrian Lanes’ (segmented on the existing pavements) implemented to facilitate the ease of more speedy pedestrian movement?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ichaelangelaCouple  over a year ago

notts

well. drivers take no notice of lanes on a motorway so can see no reason why it should work with pedestrians

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are bigger vexations in life that need resolving first !!

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

As an alternative, ban wheelchairs, kiddie buggies, old people, during busy times when us nimble and able bodied lot want to move quickly and unhindered?

"A possibly contentious subject this one.....

Picture the scene if you will for a moment: You’re in town on foot and in a bit of a hurry to reach a destination. Fine so far right? Only trouble is, everyone on the pavement in front of you is seemingly determined to thwart your passage at all costs and are dawdling, stopping awkwardly and suddenly in the middle of the path to gawk into shop windows and being generally annoying obstructions by blocking your every step and generally pissing you off as you desperately attempt to get past these hoards of ambling individuals.

With the above in mind and as it has in the past been actually proposed for some of London’s eternally crowded streets, do you believe that there should be ‘Slow Pedestrian Lanes’ (segmented on the existing pavements) implemented to facilitate the ease of more speedy pedestrian movement?

"

It won't happen so no point discussing it is there.

By *alldarksurreyMan  over a year ago

surrey

Maybe they should have cattle prod renting stations like they do with push bikes

The problem is a lot of slow moving people don't know they are slow moving

By *ocks99Man  over a year ago

Reading

"well. drivers take no notice of lanes on a motorway so can see no reason why it should work with pedestrians"

Sadly true

Walk in the road instead

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"The problem is a lot of slow moving people don't know they are slow moving "

Or if they do, they actually can't go any faster.

"The problem is a lot of slow moving people don't know they are slow moving

Or if they do, they actually can't go any faster."

I can’t walk fast, I hate that I can’t. I’m not sure sticking me in a slow lane will make me feel any better. How is the slowness going to be assessed ?

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Just carry an air horn- quick blast should shift them

South Oxfordshire

I can’t walk fast, I hate that I can’t. I’m not sure sticking me in a slow lane will make me feel any better. How is the slowness going to be assessed ? "

Sorry I was just trying to point out that some people do know they are going slow, but can't walk any faster.

My view is why should they be segregated from us "speedy" ones?

I used to do lane swimming and I was the slowest in the slow lane. Always made me feel bad.

I can’t walk fast, I hate that I can’t. I’m not sure sticking me in a slow lane will make me feel any better. How is the slowness going to be assessed ?

Sorry I was just trying to point out that some people do know they are going slow, but can't walk any faster.

I used to do lane swimming and I was the slowest in the slow lane. Always made me feel bad."

No need to apologise, I knew where you were coming from.

It’s a sore point for me, as I find it frustrating walking slow and sore as I am in pain at times. I thought our society was supposed to be about inclusion? I have a friend who I end up walking five steps behind as she does not wait, I have others who wait for me and let me hold their arm on bad days. I know which I prefer.

There is a keep right rule on the tube and people adhere to that. So I can't see why not

South Oxfordshire

I used to do lane swimming and I was the slowest in the slow lane. Always made me feel bad.

No need to apologise, I knew where you were coming from.

It’s a sore point for me, as I find it frustrating walking slow and sore as I am in pain at times. I thought our society was supposed to be about inclusion? I have a friend who I end up walking five steps behind as she does not wait, I have others who wait for me and let me hold their arm on bad days. I know which I prefer. "

I'd be the second!

I know I have a tendency to walk fast (I blame growing up with tall people!), but I'd always walk at the other person's pace.

By *iSTARessWoman  over a year ago

London

Would be ideal. My nemesis are people on their damn phone while walking all over the place, pull over you numpties.

Oh and yummy mummys who think it's appropriate to chatter away, three abreast so nobody else can pass without going into the road

By *uck-RogersMan  over a year ago

Tarka trail

Ikea should open food supermarkets. Then we might be able to get all the retards going in one direction.

"

yes an upper level maybe or stilts provided

"

yes an upper level maybe or stilts provided

I understand where your coming from.

But with cycle lanes already taking up what use to be pavement and space for road users it would be impossible.

London is a lot slower in traffic movement since cycle lanes were introduced and cities will get worse.

I find the biggest problem is people on their phones not looking where they are going.

So I stop,brace myself and at the moment of impact put the shoulder in so they bounce off and the phone calls to the ground.

They were in motion officer I had already stopped

» Add a new message to this topic