FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hechap OP   Man  over a year ago

Derry

Why does some threads only recieve a few messages where other threads of similar topics can recieve over 100 replies.

Is it a case of who the messanger is and not the message.

Example. Two different people put up a post on the same old crap and one post gets 8 or 10 replies and the other post gets 80 or 100 replies yet its the same old crap.

???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

The popularity of the poster is a definite variable. Ladies will also likely receive more replies from a resulting fro of sexually frenzied males clamouring to be the first to reply or else to catch her eye

By *tirluvMan  over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

First rule of forum club...

don't talk about forum club

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

#clique

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yes it definitely depends on who the poster is which is sad really,sometimes it may just be a dull subject.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"The popularity of the poster is a definite variable. Ladies will also likely receive more replies from a resulting fro of sexually frenzied males clamouring to be the first to reply or else to catch her eye "

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

As it's always been in the forum's. The popular posters get the most replies. It's sad as it's ment to be for all to use,but so many are put off by the obvious cliques that have formed over the months/years. Plus if you disagree with a popular person then you can almost certainly guarantee that others will jump on the band wagon. Not all mind you but i've seen it happy many times.

"#clique"

Right, that's it, you're officially out of forum club

"The popularity of the poster is a definite variable. Ladies will also likely receive more replies from a resulting fro of sexually frenzied males clamouring to be the first to reply or else to catch her eye "

Not this lady!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"The popularity of the poster is a definite variable. Ladies will also likely receive more replies from a resulting fro of sexually frenzied males clamouring to be the first to reply or else to catch her eye

Not this lady! "

You need to create a new profile! New fannies tend to fare better.

"The popularity of the poster is a definite variable. Ladies will also likely receive more replies from a resulting fro of sexually frenzied males clamouring to be the first to reply or else to catch her eye

Not this lady!

You need to create a new profile! New fannies tend to fare better."

Can I borrow your fanny? Now that one fares well.

Grow tits. Become popular.

#fablife

Somewhere In The Ether…

Omg!!!! Ladies are in the thread!!! *hastily sprays on aftershave*

Somewhere In The Ether…

But seriously, it can be wholly disheartening when one puts abstruse thought into an original thread, only to receive a scanty amount of replies.

Take for example my thoughtful thread on the socioeconomic effects of modern turnip cultivation. Not a single fucking response! Bloody philistines!

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"But seriously, it can be wholly disheartening when one puts abstruse thought into an original thread, only to receive a scanty amount of replies.

Take for example my thoughtful thread on the socioeconomic effects of modern turnip cultivation. Not a single fucking response! Bloody philistines! "

Haha. . You're a funny guy

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"As it's always been in the forum's. The popular posters get the most replies. It's sad as it's ment to be for all to use,but so many are put off by the obvious cliques that have formed over the months/years. Plus if you disagree with a popular person then you can almost certainly guarantee that others will jump on the band wagon. Not all mind you but i've seen it happy many times. "

That may be true.

The question is, how do popular posters get popular?

Simple, they keep posting.

Best two methods;

1 - Consistency

2 - Don't be a cunt

Somewhere In The Ether…

"But seriously, it can be wholly disheartening when one puts abstruse thought into an original thread, only to receive a scanty amount of replies.

Take for example my thoughtful thread on the socioeconomic effects of modern turnip cultivation. Not a single fucking response! Bloody philistines!

Haha. . You're a funny guy "

Somewhere In The Ether…

"As it's always been in the forum's. The popular posters get the most replies. It's sad as it's ment to be for all to use,but so many are put off by the obvious cliques that have formed over the months/years. Plus if you disagree with a popular person then you can almost certainly guarantee that others will jump on the band wagon. Not all mind you but i've seen it happy many times.

That may be true.

Best two methods;

1 - Consistency

2 - Don't be a cunt

"

Number one - got it.

Number two - Er.....I need to work on this....

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

Not always. I posted a half rant/woe is me about applications the other day and I only got a couple of responses.

By *tingly ByronMan  over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"As it's always been in the forum's. The popular posters get the most replies. It's sad as it's ment to be for all to use,but so many are put off by the obvious cliques that have formed over the months/years. Plus if you disagree with a popular person then you can almost certainly guarantee that others will jump on the band wagon. Not all mind you but i've seen it happy many times.

That may be true.

Best two methods;

1 - Consistency

2 - Don't be a cunt

Number one - got it.

Number two - Er.....I need to work on this.... "

Ones more of a challenge than the other.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"Why does some threads only recieve a few messages where other threads of similar topics can recieve over 100 replies.

Example. Two different people put up a post on the same old crap and one post gets 8 or 10 replies and the other post gets 80 or 100 replies yet its the same old crap.

???"

Is one of them female?

Somewhere In The Ether…

Not always. I posted a half rant/woe is me about applications the other day and I only got a couple of responses."

Ah ha! This may be explained via some gender specific science; We men all instinctively know to actively give a very wide birth to any lady on a rant.....

"Is one of them female?"

Not sure but the other one is definately a dick

"Why does some threads only recieve a few messages where other threads of similar topics can recieve over 100 replies.

???"

Some appeal some don't I would think some get attention/help from friends others avoided people are fickle I guess so that's probably the most likely explanation.

It's just like real life. If you were in a pub and went up to everyone in there and said about (insert thread topic here) you'd get people who would ignore you, people that would answer but then ignore,people that would chat to you for ages on the subject and the crowd of friends that would take over the conversation.

"It's just like real life. If you were in a pub and went up to everyone in there and said about (insert thread topic here) you'd get people who would ignore you, people that would answer but then ignore,people that would chat to you for ages on the subject and the crowd of friends that would take over the conversation. "

Just this! Life us full of cliques and always will be, we just react how we choose to. But ... some people will always like to chat to all and dont actually like cliques, makes life a little too boring

» Add a new message to this topic