FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > House spiders

House spiders

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So this is the time of year the male looks for a mate, September and October is mating season and you will see more of them in your house.

As the weather turns cooler and wetter this month, these giant house spiders, which can grow up to 12cm long, will emerge as they hunt for female partners.

Have you spotted any lately?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I get about X2 a day in my house. Big fuckers, they are like lightning across my floor.

I've never lived in a house with so many spiders. I regularly hoover my ceilings

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

Loads of the big buggers in our house.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes. They keep appearing in my kitchen sink! I'm not scared of them so just put them in a glass and return them to where they belong.

I'm not so keen on them scurrying over my feet in the living room though, they make me jump.

By *horecruxCouple  over a year ago

SE4

I had a huge fucker throw my shoe back at me this weekend I've taken to patrolling with a can of lynx and a lighter of a evening

"I get about X2 a day in my house. Big fuckers, they are like lightning across my floor.

I've never lived in a house with so many spiders. I regularly hoover my ceilings"

I chucked one out last night it was as big as a turantula

Thats why theres huge spiders in my house !!! Just been on the sunbed and one was spying on my in the corner the dirty pervert i am not his potential mate !!!

Not seen any yet but those big ones don't bother me..

As i live near a park we always get lots of those harvest spiders..little bodies with really long legs...they are creepy

By *eplicant JoWoman  over a year ago

Sussex countryside

Yep, had a couple of big buggers appear this week, they give me the shivers and get thrown out, but some are too big to fit in a glass!

By *good-being-badMan  over a year ago

mis-types and auto corrects leads cock leeds

"Thats why theres huge spiders in my house !!! Just been on the sunbed and one was spying on my in the corner the dirty pervert i am not his potential mate !!! "

Crap my disguised web cam has been sussed ... nice tan you have

We have a growing community of False Widows in our house. I like spiders and they provide a useful service, i don't rend to bother them and certainly never kill them.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I had a huge fucker throw my shoe back at me this weekend I've taken to patrolling with a can of lynx and a lighter of a evening "

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We have a growing community of False Widows in our house. "

Are these the arachnid equivalent of time wasters?!

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

Currently sat at my desk and I can see 4 spiders, which means there are probably more lurking. Thankfully not those great huge bath spiders or I wouldn't still be here!

I killed one by mistake last week,I really don't like killing them would rather throw them out

SE4

"I killed one by mistake last week,I really don't like killing them would rather throw them out"

This I'd do if I could get a glass over them without crushing a leg or four

By *a Fee VerteWoman  over a year ago

Limbo

"I killed one by mistake last week,I really don't like killing them would rather throw them out"

I don't like killing them either but have convinced myself it's okay if the cats do it because it's nature innit

SE4

"I killed one by mistake last week,I really don't like killing them would rather throw them out

I don't like killing them either but have convinced myself it's okay if the cats do it because it's nature innit "

Yeah Nature !

"I killed one by mistake last week,I really don't like killing them would rather throw them out

I don't like killing them either but have convinced myself it's okay if the cats do it because it's nature innit

Yeah Nature !"

Great ass

By *Cocksucker84Man  over a year ago

newcastle

Had one above the back door last night. Not scared of them but it was fucking massive and the dog wanted to go outside. Was scared it was gonna drop down onto me.

By *uuLuuWoman  over a year ago

Watford

I am paranoid now after reading this.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I had a monster in my kitchen yesterday, it's still lurking somewhere. I normally pick them up and put them out, but that one... noooooooo

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

There's a False Widow here that currently has 5 flies to gorge on in our backyard . They do provide a good service to the world . I just leave them to it !!

If you sleep with your mouth open They can crawl in, apparently we eat approx 6 spiders a year in our sleep

We've seen SO many They're coming out of the goddamn walls!

C

"Thats why theres huge spiders in my house !!! Just been on the sunbed and one was spying on my in the corner the dirty pervert i am not his potential mate !!!

Crap my disguised web cam has been sussed ... nice tan you have "

Now I know why Roger Moore sleeps under the stairs in our house.

Dogs having a field day at the exes

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

My cats eat them... I find dismembered spider parts all around the house

I have the carcass of a big house spider in the cupboard under my sink.

When I vacuum it up it's going to rattle down the pipe.

By *utsidenakedMan  over a year ago

Dorchester

They stole my bath plug

"If you sleep with your mouth open They can crawl in, apparently we eat approx 6 spiders a year in our sleep"

Well done, now you've turned all the vegans into insomniacs.

Check your shoes

Cardiff

"If you sleep with your mouth open They can crawl in, apparently we eat approx 6 spiders a year in our sleep

Well done, now you've turned all the vegans into insomniacs. "

Oh well. Only 10 more sleeps till Christmas.

Our dog chases them and eats them. You know the saying 'looks like your chewing a wasp?' it's quite apt

"Yep, had a couple of big buggers appear this week, they give me the shivers and get thrown out, but some are too big to fit in a glass! "

Oh yes this!! I've had 2 massive ones in my bath recently. Or the same one crawls back in.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"We have a growing community of False Widows in our house. I like spiders and they provide a useful service, i don't rend to bother them and certainly never kill them."

I was bitten by one last year.

Ended up in A&E on an IV, now have a lovely scar on the top of my arm.

Luckily my Chihuahua seems immune to their bites & happily disposes of any she now finds!

By *olden RatioWoman  over a year ago

Buckinghamshire

"We have a growing community of False Widows in our house. I like spiders and they provide a useful service, i don't rend to bother them and certainly never kill them.

Luckily my Chihuahua seems immune to their bites & happily disposes of any she now finds! "

I never realised that actually did damage! Poor you!

Hiding in the shadows

"We have a growing community of False Widows in our house. I like spiders and they provide a useful service, i don't rend to bother them and certainly never kill them.

Luckily my Chihuahua seems immune to their bites & happily disposes of any she now finds!

I never realised that actually did damage! Poor you!"

Neither did I.

I actually thought it was a scratch, I'd been chopping brambles on the Fri eve, Sat morn was sore and itchy, by lunch time shoulder to elbow red & weeping, yellow liquid oozing out.

I was working at a cycling event, went to see paramedic on site... His face!

By time at hospital whole arm & hand swollen.

Took nearly 2wks for it to return to normal, and about a month for me to stop having mad random itches all over my body

Neither did I.

I actually thought it was a scratch, I'd been chopping brambles on the Fri eve, Sat morn was sore and itchy, by lunch time shoulder to elbow red & weeping, yellow liquid oozing out.

Took nearly 2wks for it to return to normal, and about a month for me to stop having mad random itches all over my body "

Bites from False Widows are, at worst, similar to a wasp or be sting. I've been bitten and it wasn't even as bad as that. I guess some people can have an unfortunate reaction.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Random Aracnid Fact: Did you know that the Giant House Spider (which you may well come across in the coming months in your houses...) holds the Official Guiness World Record as the world’s fastest spider?

It has been scientifically clocked at reaching speeds of up to 1.73 feet per second(!!!)

Fear not though, they’re also one of the most docile spiders known.

Sadly however, due to their size, their appearance and their aforementioned super speed, the above placidity will doubtless fail to instill much comfort in those suffering from arachnophobia

We get some huge ones in ours. If they make a web we feed them fried flys from the bug zapper

PLEASE- Don't kill them

Hiding in the shadows

Neither did I.

Took nearly 2wks for it to return to normal, and about a month for me to stop having mad random itches all over my body

Bites from False Widows are, at worst, similar to a wasp or be sting. I've been bitten and it wasn't even as bad as that. I guess some people can have an unfortunate reaction. "

Ive never reacted to anything else before.

Mosquitos & fleas don't even like me!

I've read some of the list of the 64 and am wondering if some of them are made up or people have genuinely felt their gender is related to space.

"I've read some of the list of the 64 and am wondering if some of them are made up or people have genuinely felt their gender is related to space."

Eh? Who swapped threads on me???

Yep, had one in the bath a couple of days ago. It was massive.

Picked it up and popped it back outside. No doubt be seeing it again in a few days

"I've read some of the list of the 64 and am wondering if some of them are made up or people have genuinely felt their gender is related to space.

Eh? Who swapped threads on me???"

Haha, classic.

"I've read some of the list of the 64 and am wondering if some of them are made up or people have genuinely felt their gender is related to space.

Eh? Who swapped threads on me???"

Huh? What happened there

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I've read some of the list of the 64 and am wondering if some of them are made up or people have genuinely felt their gender is related to space."

Yes, I concur wholeheartedly, Lewis Hamilton is an awesome driver

Neither did I.

Bites from False Widows are, at worst, similar to a wasp or be sting. I've been bitten and it wasn't even as bad as that. I guess some people can have an unfortunate reaction.

Ive never reacted to anything else before.

Mosquitos & fleas don't even like me! "

Spider venom contains neurotoxins and cytotoxins designed to paralyse and break down tissue. Wasp, bee, ant and even nettle stings contain formic acid designed only to cause pain in the victim, though it also causes paralysis in smaller prey. Mosquito and flea saliva contains an anti clotting agent which usually causes no more than mild irritation.

Yes, I concur wholeheartedly, Lewis Hamilton is an awesome driver "

Avoid

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

House spiders are called that because they live in houses, when people, who think they're doing the kind thing, put them outside they will either find their way back in or die. They normally live behind the skirting boards, under the bath, in the wall etc so you don't see them until this time of year when they come out searching for mates. They'll disappear in a couple of months.

We have loads n they all have a name!

House spiders are called that because they live in houses, when people, who think they're doing the kind thing, put them outside they will either find their way back in or die. They normally live behind the skirting boards, under the bath, in the wall etc so you don't see them until this time of year when they come out searching for mates. They'll disappear in a couple of months.

Spiders don’t specifically want to enter your home; in fact they’d rather stay away as there’s less food and it’s too dry and clean,” says Simon Garrett, head of learning at Bristol Zoological Society, which runs Living With Spiders phobia courses.

“Most species of spider stay outside all the time and never come in houses. However, in autumn, mature male house spiders start to move around in search of mates

"House spiders are called that because they live in houses, when people, who think they're doing the kind thing, put them outside they will either find their way back in or die. They normally live behind the skirting boards, under the bath, in the wall etc so you don't see them until this time of year when they come out searching for mates. They'll disappear in a couple of months."

Wrong,spiders don't really want to enter your home only this time of year to mate

I haven't seen any yet this year. I don't mind them though, as long as they don't touch me.

By *etter the devil you knowWoman  over a year ago

Lyndhurst

Only little ones so far, its a good idea to put bird feeders near your house, we got two and just purchased 2 more, the birds eat the spiders, we get at least 30 sparrows in our garden as well as lots of other types.

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

In the bath last night

Yes this morning, it ran across my kitchen floor. I big m’fcker too. Not bothered though, as long as they help me out with the growing numbers of flies this summer.

"In the bath last night "

Spiderwoman in my bath hmmm let me just think about that one

By *tella HeelsTV/TS  over a year ago

west here ford shire

They do no harm and eat flies and other biting insects lol

"We have loads n they all have a name! "

They're all called eekaspider?

By *pider-WomanWoman  over a year ago

Exeter, Bristol, Plymouth, Truro

"In the bath last night

Spiderwoman in my bath hmmm let me just think about that one"

Take your time

I love spiders. I find them fascinating and beautiful and think they are much persecuted and unnecessarily hated.

My flat is always full of Pholcus, which are those cellar spiders that have baked bean bodies and long thin legs and usually live on a diet of other spiders and each other.

House spiders are totally harmless and also not adapted to being outdoors in a British winter, so if you really can't stand them in the room please don't just dump them outside.

Interestingly (to me at least) the giant house spider holds the Guinness record for being the fastest mover, at .53 meters per second.

The house spiders you see around the house in autumn are almost invariably males who are out looking for a mate. The vast majority will die without ever finding a partner. A lot like single males on Fab really.

"I love spiders. I find them fascinating and beautiful and think they are much persecuted and unnecessarily hated.

My flat is always full of Pholcus, which are those cellar spiders that have baked bean bodies and long thin legs and usually live on a diet of other spiders and each other.

House spiders are totally harmless and also not adapted to being outdoors in a British winter, so if you really can't stand them in the room please don't just dump them outside.

Interestingly (to me at least) the giant house spider holds the Guinness record for being the fastest mover, at .53 meters per second.

The house spiders you see around the house in autumn are almost invariably males who are out looking for a mate. The vast majority will die without ever finding a partner. A lot like single males on Fab really."

Nice analogy.

By *ornyPair22Couple  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

We've had three of the big beasts in our house, in the space of two weeks.

The other night, I could hear this sort of taping noise on the wall, by the settee where I was sitting. I turned around, looked up, and there was a giant spider! I jumped off the settee and shouted my fella. The spider started running across the wall, making noises like it had heels on.. wtf!

Hate spiders!

By *ensualMan  over a year ago

Sutton

Time for another Annie Hall clip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OX5BngxRWLg#

Eh? Who swapped threads on me???

Huh? What happened there"

Someone switched threads as I posted

Let's talk about garden spiders.

They hate me.

They spin webs across my back door, front gate and from my washing line to the s.

They need to fuck off.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

They are terrifying! They’re huge and fast and scary. I think every sign of movement is a spider at this time of year. I live on my nerves.

I don’t mind spiders, it’s the slugs and flies that are a problem.

Spiders must interest people,I dont usually get more than 10 replies on my threads

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"So this is the time of year the male looks for a mate, September and October is mating season and you will see more of them in your house.

As the weather turns cooler and wetter this month, these giant house spiders, which can grow up to 12cm long, will emerge as they hunt for female partners.

"

I'm pretty sure the males are small.

"So this is the time of year the male looks for a mate, September and October is mating season and you will see more of them in your house.

I'm pretty sure the males are small. "

Longer legs but smaller bodies

salisbury

Longer legs but smaller bodies"

my question is simply this: what the fuck are they eating!?

my question is simply this: what the fuck are they eating!?"

Dunno,but it's mating season so I don't think they are thinking about food

"Spiders must interest people,I dont usually get more than 10 replies on my threads"

Try a thread about treading on snails next.

my question is simply this: what the fuck are they eating!?"

Rats, they eat rats.

"Spiders must interest people,I dont usually get more than 10 replies on my threads

Try a thread about treading on snails next."

I studied on a big fuck off slug at weekend and nearly slipped on my ass

salisbury

On a recent visit to the forest of dean, we visited Clearwell caves. Home of the European cave spider. I was only made aware when my wife noticed one inches from the top of my head! Please Google and share my nightmares.....

"On a recent visit to the forest of dean, we visited Clearwell caves. Home of the European cave spider. I was only made aware when my wife noticed one inches from the top of my head! Please Google and share my nightmares....."

The look like a brown black widow bit bigger,if you get my drift

My wife will happily hold a terantula,but it's me who has to remove a spider from the bath. We have a friend in Tasmania & they have all the venemous Australian spiders,they don't mind the huge huntsman spiders as they eat all the others!

By *lactontogMan  over a year ago

Clacton on Sea

"We have a growing community of False Widows in our house. I like spiders and they provide a useful service, i don't rend to bother them and certainly never kill them."

We also get False Widows indoors & Wasp spiders (a large orb spider 4 times bigger than our garden spiders) in the garden, both of these spiders are friendly compared to house spiders.

As insect lovers we don't hurt anything, spiders will avoid you all costs so even though they can bite they will do their best to avoid you.

In Basildon they have a large number of Huntsmen spiders breeding, again a massive spider but harmless.

By *inkyChrissy99TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Late at night last week i spotted a big male chasing what i'd assume was a smaller female alongside the skirting board in our front room.

The next day i found the big one dead, i guess he had some really good action!

"Spiders must interest people,I dont usually get more than 10 replies on my threads

I studied on a big fuck off slug at weekend and nearly slipped on my ass"

They sacrifice themselves to make our fears worse...the little cunts

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

My budgies actively hunt and eat spiders

"We have loads n they all have a name!

They're all called eekaspider? "

Everyone knows, all spiders are called Fred!!

"On a recent visit to the forest of dean, we visited Clearwell caves. Home of the European cave spider. I was only made aware when my wife noticed one inches from the top of my head! Please Google and share my nightmares....."

I want to, but I'm too scared

I studied on a big fuck off slug at weekend and nearly slipped on my ass

They sacrifice themselves to make our fears worse...the little cunts "

Haha made me chuckle that

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

We have been strangely spider free so far.

I'm sure one or two will move in before long. We're spider friendly

Nita

"We have loads n they all have a name!

They're all called eekaspider?

Everyone knows, all spiders are called Fred!! "

Oohh apart from my pink tarantula... Her name was Marilyn

By *he Mac LassWoman  over a year ago

Hefty Hideaway

After watching one of these big brown bastards snatch a daddy long leg out of the air I’ve decided they can live with me as long as they like.

Ive got Raid spray in every room of the house. I hate them and have a serious phobia over them.

Every month i spray my external window and door frames with "No More Spider" peppermint spray.

I don't invite them in the house, i dont catch them, i kill em. I cannot deal with them.

Thanks for the remimder

Spiders ,dispite there eating n mating habits are amazing.

There legs work on a hydraulic and muscular system ,it's what makes the little buggers so fast and some have polarised lenses in ther eyes.

I found one in our bath, I mean actually having a bath reading the Daily Sport. It was flipping huge. Asked me for a towel as I left.

Why are women scared of spiders but love hamsters? Hmm

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Some one told me today spiders don’t like conkers and since it’s conker season too...

Don’t know if it’s true

Not in the house but I always get them living in the wingmirrors on my car.

Annoys the shit out of me - can't get rid of the buggers.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Some one told me today spiders don’t like conkers and since it’s conker season too...

Don’t know if it’s true "

I reckon you could beat a spider at a game of conkers

All my house spiders are called Henry and ma last Boarder Collie was called Spider

I never kill spiders - when I see the odd one crawling across the floor I just leave them to it.

Now knowing most are just looking to mate and will probably die first is a bit sad - poor spiders

Yes a thread of mine got to 100

If it is the male spider your probably doing him a favour if you squish him as once he's mated (and everyone knows how lethargic guys are after cumming )and tries to flee the female will eat him.

"Why are women scared of spiders but love hamsters? Hmm "

With eight legs just imagine how annoying that wheel would sound with a spider running round it.

this irrational fear of a natural predator for actual pests always escapes me.

#

its like a backwards evolution in the fear of being bitten by something venomous.

They might not be 'pretty' creatures...but the facts are facts, if you have spiders in your house..there must be prey..and it is not YOU.

"Why are women scared of spiders but love hamsters? Hmm

With eight legs just imagine how annoying that wheel would sound with a spider running round it. "

Haha I really did lol at that

By *ools47Woman  over a year ago

Failsworth

Usually in the bath, nothing a kettle of boiling water can't solve.

Hate the things, so f'ing scared of them.

"Usually in the bath, nothing a kettle of boiling water can't solve.

Hate the things, so f'ing scared of them."

Soft ass

"Some one told me today spiders don’t like conkers and since it’s conker season too...

Don’t know if it’s true "

its an old wives tale...no scientific evidence for it EVER...

theres the clue lol

[Removed by poster at 18/09/18 22:14:27]

Kill them with fire

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

Peppermint oil mix with water and spray around doors and windows might not work but smells nice

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

Fucking 12 cm??

Damn I wish I'd killed that bastard that was sitting on my shoe earlier now!

"Fucking 12 cm??

Damn I wish I'd killed that bastard that was sitting on my shoe earlier now! "

it was probably just upskirting..

I had to get a giant cup for one this week. It wouldn't fit in a standard cup.

I had nightmares that night

"I had to get a giant cup for one this week. It wouldn't fit in a standard cup.

I had nightmares that night "

you really shouldnt drink spiders.

By *eejay2015Woman  over a year ago

somewhere in Buckinghamshire

"We've had three of the big beasts in our house, in the space of two weeks.

The other night, I could hear this sort of taping noise on the wall, by the settee where I was sitting. I turned around, looked up, and there was a giant spider! I jumped off the settee and shouted my fella. The spider started running across the wall, making noises like it had heels on.. wtf!

Hate spiders!"

This has just made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, eek

Sorry folks, the one that hurtled across my floor a couple of weeks ago saw the sole of a flip flop while my mum trembled & turned puce.

you really shouldnt drink spiders."

It had paper over it and I humanely threw it out of the window.

To be fair it was a first floor window so I hope it could fly.

It was the size of my fist...horrible thing

you really shouldnt drink spiders.

It had paper over it and I humanely threw it out of the window.

To be fair it was a first floor window so I hope it could fly.

It was the size of my fist...horrible thing "

lol it'll be fine...and they can glide in some cases..

though as I pointed out earlier...why do you think a spider is in your house...?

could it be to eat things like flies,moths and other insects?

in most cases there will be more pests around than the spiders themselves..

just a reality check

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Don’t know if it’s true

I reckon you could beat a spider at a game of conkers

All my house spiders are called Henry and ma last Boarder Collie was called Spider "

Hell that made me laugh

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

With eight legs just imagine how annoying that wheel would sound with a spider running round it. "

With eight legs just imagine how annoying that wheel would sound with a spider running round it.

"

Or an eight legged hamster on the wheel

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

That reminds me my daughter stuck my glass over a big spider last night that was scurrying over the rug,wonder if the poor thing will still be alive when we go down stairs.

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

Not seen a single one yet my old house last year was infested literally a good few a day you’d see, think thats place was the local pulling joint for them, they’d make themselves a nice web drink a quart of flys blood and wait for the lucky lady to scurry by

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

[Removed by poster at 21/09/18 07:06:15]

Rosie our Westy usually keeps them away or their not around for long when she spots them , but the one we had on the fireplace a few days back was massive and she looked a little shocked too before she devoured it

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I always get the giant spiders visiting me in September. They are harmless and welcome.

"Not seen any yet but those big ones don't bother me..

As i live near a park we always get lots of those harvest spiders..little bodies with really long legs...they are creepy "

I can pick those long legged ones up easily but the big hairy spiders scare the shit out of me (yet I love big hairy men )

They seem to have mutated over the last few years,there huge!!!

I'm absolutely terrified of them I know it's irrational but I can't help it. If I see one I scream and the family members have to deal with it .

Update:so in the last 7 days I've seen three more BIG spiders lounging around my house

I've seen 1 massive one go fast as anything across the carpet beside the tv screen. I usually have my wee lamps on at night. But been sitting with my big light on ever since. Spiders don't usually bother me but these things are humongous!

"Update:so in the last 7 days I've seen three more BIG spiders lounging around my house"

Keep us posted on any further developments.

"Update:so in the last 7 days I've seen three more BIG spiders lounging around my house

Keep us posted on any further developments. "

Have I upset you in some way?I can't think what I have done wrong(sad face)

"Update:so in the last 7 days I've seen three more BIG spiders lounging around my house

Have I upset you in some way?I can't think what I have done wrong(sad face)"

Think you’re reading too much into an off the cuff comment, that even had a thumbs up at the end !

Have I upset you in some way?I can't think what I have done wrong(sad face)

Think you’re reading too much into an off the cuff comment, that even had a thumbs up at the end ! "

Oh well my apologies and I will see your thumb with a

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

They'll be reading his newspaper and smoking his pipe next

He probably hasn't got enough pairs of slippers for them to wear

By *uzzy NavelWoman  over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Ok lads, this is your chance to negotiate sex...

You hear a scream, you have to work out if the person concerned is in danger or if she is terrified of spideys... the louder the scream the bigger the invader...

UPDATE:I cought a spider in a glass earlier

By *ustalittleKinkWoman  over a year ago

in the shadows

UPDATE:I cought a spider in a glass earlier "

I got one today too .... with my slipper. Made a real crunch when I got it

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

Not a spider I,d want around capable of giveing a bite, at least the house spider is not really capable of that more of a sucking sensation, false widows have fangs.

I used to be scared of the really big spiders and hate it that they would come running across the ceiling when taking a shower.

However my cat loves chasing and eating them so I just let them be now, cos they don't live long.

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

I'm impressed by those who have no fear at all, I'm so much better than I used to be but still really would rather not be seeing any thanks. I'll stick with the mouse currently scratching away at my carpet.

I used to use fly spray which seems to work so much better on spiders than it does on flies, but not any more. It looks painful from the way they react

Though my housemate used it to flush out false widows.

And what is with the skinny spiders who eat the big ones!

"Not seen any yet but those big ones don't bother me..

As i live near a park we always get lots of those harvest spiders..little bodies with really long legs...they are creepy "

It’s the way they rock as they look at you. They’re just planning how they take over the world.

Have you noticed there’s loads more of them too than there was ten years ago. They’re multiplying..

Keep the spindly thin ones, they specificly prey on spiders. Plus, the females are always bigger, so if your spiders are big, hope its a female!

S

"Dogs having a field day at the exes"

Mine catches them, chews them up then spits them out in my children’s bedroom, to prove he’s been brave I think.

By *ust4fun26Couple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

We got a cat two years ago and have barely seen one since, I found a huge dead one today that he had killed (he used to eat them but has given up that dirty habit) and the last one alive I saw was about 6 months ago it was on the bedroom curtain and the only reason I spotted it was because the cat was climbing the curtains to get to it. Definitely worth owning a cat, the dog on the other hand couldn’t give a toss.

By *mokes n MirrorsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth and Newcastle (sometimes)

Just caught one now (P wasn't very happy as she wanted it dead) with my preferred method...Pint glass and a piece of card. When I put the glass over it, it's legs were slightly wider than the glass!!!

The hairs on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it.

I’ve got Citronella candles & essential oil at the ready!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've got dozens of fat spiders around, many drawing closer to the house ready to invade.

Clear everything from around doors, so that they don't shelter and hide where it's easy to come inside. Remove clutter etc outside and also on the inside, so you can spot them and gather them ready to return them.

Consider travelling with them to a spot and leaving them somewhere where they won't manage to return from.

By *inkyChrissy99TV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

"I've got dozens of fat spiders around, many drawing closer to the house ready to invade.

Clear everything from around doors, so that they don't shelter and hide where it's easy to come inside. Remove clutter etc outside and also on the inside, so you can spot them and gather them ready to return them.

Consider travelling with them to a spot and leaving them somewhere where they won't manage to return from. "

I like this, look after them little spiders they are great little creatures

My puppy goes mental, chases them everywhere, catches them in her mouth, spits them out and bats them around with her paws. I rescue the poor things and then she sulks with me

Update for that impala guy,caught a spider yesterday,was attempting to scale mt.staircase

Apprehended and exited from building.....carry on

"Update for that impala guy,caught a spider yesterday,was attempting to scale mt.staircase

Apprehended and exited from building.....carry on"

You're my hero

Be careful when mentioning spiders on here.

They suddenly appear and eat you.

Cardiff

I got charged by one last Sunday. Big fucker it was and it ran right for me.

I saw it reach the sofa I was on and my attempted stamping didn't work.

I quickly ripped my clothes off and shook them but thank fully it wasn't in there.

Instead it was now sat where I was, as if to take the puss out of me.

I grabbed it and threw it out the back.

"Update for that impala guy,caught a spider yesterday,was attempting to scale mt.staircase

Apprehended and exited from building.....carry on

You're my hero "

Standing proud now

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

I think I was bitten by a spider in my car the other day

I pressed my back into the seat cos I was getting cramp (cos I'm tall) and this needle sting went into my back, then I brushed my back and something little and hard fell off.

I bruised up so bad and it burned, but wasn't really any worse than a wasp sting.

I wonder if it was a false widow.

I am filing a complaint because I am still waiting for my superhero powers.

Had a nice brown harvester on my floor too. Chased it off but found the poor thing had died on the stairs, prob due to fright, in the morning.

"

What, female partners? No!

I've seen quite a few these last few days

"I've seen quite a few these last few days"

Boris ?

Loads. They don’t pay rent so I escort them out of the property.

"I've seen quite a few these last few days

Boris ?"

Who?

Boris ?

Who?"

I thought you were a music fan.

Boris ?

Who?

I thought you were a music fan. "

Read it again

Hate them. Kids have to kill tjem for me.

Boris ?

Who?

Read it again"

Exactly

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

"I love spiders. I find them fascinating and beautiful and think they are much persecuted and unnecessarily hated.

The house spiders you see around the house in autumn are almost invariably males who are out looking for a mate. The vast majority will die without ever finding a partner. A lot like single males on Fab really.

Nice analogy. "

Well it would limit the "i can't get a meet" thread lol

Boris ?

Who?

Read it again

Exactly "

Am I missing something here