FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > one for the ladies - dress problem

one for the ladies - dress problem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

HELP lol, going to a chrimbo ball next week and ive just recieved email saying my dress will not be here in time, can any of you recommend an online site that does quick delivery and the sizes are right, as i dont fancy ordering the size i am and it coming back slightly smaller or bigger. (you know what i mean) It has to be long not midcalf.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

bonprix

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

head down to debenhams they are really good for dresses for all occasions

yep had a look at bonprix but had a couple of dresses from there before and wasnt overly keen on the quality, and with this being a bit high browed of an affair (military ball) i need to raise the bar slightly ( still wont be wearing any knickers though lol) and unfortunately we dont have any dept stores in barnstaple so it needs to be online x

"yep had a look at bonprix but had a couple of dresses from there before and wasnt overly keen on the quality, and with this being a bit high browed of an affair (military ball) i need to raise the bar slightly ( still wont be wearing any knickers though lol) and unfortunately we dont have any dept stores in barnstaple so it needs to be online x"

debenhams do online

also, for next year, check out light in the box just google it. they have amazing dresses, i have two from there, fantastic quality and great prices all handmade and you can get them custom sized so u know they will fit beautifully

By *rystal denisonWoman  over a year ago

trowbridge

i hated the yearly ball at our last posting 100 odd quid on a dress you can only wear once as its not the done thing to wear the same dress twice lol

best plan is a wedding shop and ask to hire a brides maids dress for the night

i have about a dozen ball gowns from when i served but as i am going with another guy and not the ex hubby, it just feels wrong to wear them as he payed for them lol, and after all a girl likes an excuse to shop

Off to check out that site now, cheers girlies xx

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Get the train down to Exeter....doesn't take long from Barnstaple.

Shop on the high street, atleast you can try them on and you don't have to wait for delivery,

Good luck x

House of freser online....try there. Heaps of amazing dresses and they are all on sale just now lol. The sizes are all usually perfect as it's good designer makes etc. xxxx

"bonprix "

I have noticed that Bonprix has a longer delivery time as the stuff comes from france xx

jane i think thats what i will do maybe tomorrow, just need to sort the kids out as cant be doing with trailing around shops with ankelbiters in tow. And as for looking around our high street, we only have a small one and its all charity shops and banks!! not much choice.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"jane i think thats what i will do maybe tomorrow, just need to sort the kids out as cant be doing with trailing around shops with ankelbiters in tow. And as for looking around our high street, we only have a small one and its all charity shops and banks!! not much choice."

I think that's your best bet to be honest...and I agree about your local town centre, not nearly enough choice in Barnstaple.

Happy shopping!

Try M and S, you might be pleasantly surprised- Per Una and the Limited Collections have some nice stuff.

Not to be confused with S and M, btw

If you're short of time I'd definitely have a look in a bridal wear shop lots of them do evening gowns too. Have a great night

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I have loads of Military balls to go to and the RSM's wife gave me a tip when I first started.

Either go to TX Max (buy bigger if you need to and have it altered - most altering places will do it in 24 hours) .... or....... go to the charity shops (especially at this time of year)

I've just picked up two brand new ball gowns for £12.95 and £17.95 in the local Sue Ryder shop.

You can always donate them back after that or sell them on ebay

By *lirty and dirtyCouple  over a year ago

ashford

"HELP lol, going to a chrimbo ball next week and ive just recieved email saying my dress will not be here in time, can any of you recommend an online site that does quick delivery and the sizes are right, as i dont fancy ordering the size i am and it coming back slightly smaller or bigger. (you know what i mean) It has to be long not midcalf."

try sexyher, boohoo, asos x

All sorted girls managed to get one online for £35 in the sale from roman originals lol and its lush, cheers for all your help. Now for shoe shopping tomorrow lol, (any excuse) x

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

What about a corset and a long skirt? Long gloves to finish it off.

» Add a new message to this topic