FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Strike Yesterday

Strike Yesterday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Carrying on from the 'Strike Tomorrow' thread, I've just watched Newsnight on the back of Surreysensual's final post.

Amazing!

That interview spoke volumes, and as someone who has always been in the Private Sector, i now believe the Govt are not being honest and tranparent in the negotiations with the Unions or how they are portraying those negotiations to the wider public.

The government has to be careful or risk losing the public support it currently has.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

and what public support would this be.

By *averiMan  over a year ago

Swindon to bristol

the public sector need to get real and understand the situation. They get the best holidays, no stress work, retire early and get pensions us in the private sector can only dream of.

Most of them take early retirement through 'stress' anyway so what has the retirement age increase got to do with them anyway?

"the public sector need to get real and understand the situation. They get the best holidays, no stress work, retire early and get pensions us in the private sector can only dream of.

Most of them take early retirement through 'stress' anyway so what has the retirement age increase got to do with them anyway?"

I work for a trade union. My job entails representing individual members injured at work, by members of the public, at work in dangerous situation, chemical spills whilst on duty in foreign ports etc.

I'm sure they'd agree with you their jobs are stress free, and would love to retire early, but £5,000 a year doesn't cover the caviar bill!

well said

Thatcher managed quite alot without public support..

"the public sector need to get real and understand the situation. They get the best holidays, no stress work, retire early and get pensions us in the private sector can only dream of.

Most of them take early retirement through 'stress' anyway so what has the retirement age increase got to do with them anyway?"

I don't think you know exactly what a "public sector" worker is. I work in the public sector - I'm a paramedic. In the past few shifts I've delivered a baby, carried a 22 stone man having a heart attack down 10 flights of stairs and narrowly avoided being punched in the face by a pisshead. I look forward to doing this until I'm 67, and I get paid less than a Tesco's department supervisor.

Other public sector workers include nurses, street cleaners, firefighters, and the dudes that clean public toilets. No stress work? If I could laugh, I would.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

So I guess from your post that you think the Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade, Nursing Staff, Teachers etc. are in the Private Sector?.....and none of them have stress in their work?

Good god man.....did you think before you typed that?

By *athnBobCouple  over a year ago

sandwell

"the public sector need to get real and understand the situation. They get the best holidays, no stress work, retire early and get pensions us in the private sector can only dream of."

Comments based on ignorance. It is you who needs to understand the situation and get past the governments sound bites

By *-and-KCouple  over a year ago

Back of Beyond

No stress work huh? what about the fireman/policeman facing scraping up the remnants of car/fire/bomb victims?

What about the nurses constantly attacked by d*unken/drugged up arseholes, not only in casualty but on the wards as well?

What about my wife? ward sister working under constant pressure to meet targets, yet doing so while working with 4 fewer trained staff than is safe, yet the senior managers sweep the serious incident reports under the table?

All because they have to meet ludicrously impossible fiscal targets set by this oh so loving government?

Yes they retire early because of burnout caused by the above conditions. Show me where in the private sector people like you suffer this?

Pensions? don't get me started there, I too work in the NHS, have done for 27 years, my pension projection to retire in 2 years time gives me a pension of £7200. Thats a fantastic sum isn't it!

So this government wants to reduce that amount by £2500 a year, where does that get them? it just means that I will have to claim even higher benefits when I do retire. The whole idea makes no sense.

EXCEPT IF YOU REALISE THE RAID ON PENSIONS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH COST AND ALL TO DO WITH USING THE CASH TO PAY OFF THE COUNTRIES DEFICIT.

Says it all when the they stand up and admit that the extra cash raised will not go into the pension fund but directly into government coffers.

Phew rant over!!!!!!

"I'm a paramedic. In the past few shifts I've delivered a baby, carried a 22 stone man having a heart attack down 10 flights of stairs and narrowly avoided being punched in the face by a pisshead. I look forward to doing this until I'm 67, and I get paid less than a Tesco's department supervisor."

And you were forced at gunpoint into this loathsome job were you?

You can't have it both ways, complaining about the tough work you're required to do when you willingly chose to do it.

I'm sure you didn't toss the 22st man over your shoulder and carry him on your own either.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

i work in the public sector,last week i dealt with dead rats,a death, two broken hips, a lady with depression, and someone faced with going into a nursing home who didnt understand why her family were trying to get rid of her

moi....im stress free

I know a few middle managers in the NHS...and a local government officer....all admit to me privately....its a cushy life...

There`s many different public sector workers...

Torquay

"I know a few middle managers in the NHS...and a local government officer....all admit to me privately....its a cushy life...

There`s many different public sector workers..."

But for every middle manager there are in all probability hundreds upon hundreds of average public sector workers....who don't have it cushy.

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

and no i wasnt forced into this job i love it,just pointing out the stress free life i lead

[Removed by poster at 01/12/11 17:47:09]

"I know a few middle managers in the NHS...and a local government officer....all admit to me privately....its a cushy life...

But for every middle manager there are in all probability hundreds upon hundreds of average public sector workers....who don't have it cushy."

The NHS...is top heavy with management...

"I'm a paramedic. In the past few shifts I've delivered a baby, carried a 22 stone man having a heart attack down 10 flights of stairs and narrowly avoided being punched in the face by a pisshead. I look forward to doing this until I'm 67, and I get paid less than a Tesco's department supervisor.

And you were forced at gunpoint into this loathsome job were you?

You can't have it both ways, complaining about the tough work you're required to do when you willingly chose to do it.

I'm sure you didn't toss the 22st man over your shoulder and carry him on your own either."

Where does it say I was complaining? To quote my own post - "I look forward to doing this until I'm 67"

Read the words, dude - don't make up your own meanings, because you're getting it wrong!

Torquay

But for every middle manager there are in all probability hundreds upon hundreds of average public sector workers....who don't have it cushy.

The NHS...is top heavy with management..."

And they are still a tiny minority in a hospital trust....tiny.

The "look forward to doing this until I'm 67" was sarcasm and interpreted as such.

[Removed by poster at 01/12/11 17:58:07]

Remember the outrage when private firms started to emerge who had blown the pension funds on dodgy investments especially within the company... if not then take a google, Robert Maxwell springs to mind as a good starting point!

Now the government want to raid that pension fund as they have not actually followed the law as written by them on what a pension fund is and how it can be used...

IF you want to rewrite the agreement then you should only do it from now onwards! to employ someone for 20 - 30 years then change the terms of the contract just isn't right (I don't count the last 10 years as there appears to be some agreement to honour the deal with those about to retire)

Neither of us are in the Public Sector, so it doesn't really affect us, but I know I would be a tad annoyed if my bank turned around and said they have decided to keep the investment account contents as they are having some hard times!

Bloody hell that's heavy going! anyone want a shag

I too work with a Trade Union representing members through capability hearings, disciplinaries etc. I can categorically say hand on heart that these are not stress free jobs, the bulk of staff are women, in low paid jobs, part time and these are the onesin the main, who are being affected by cuts in hours/pay. When someone pays £120 per month contribution towards their pension and they are asked to pay a further 50% of that, why should they sit back and accept it? When there is no pay increase, but the cost of living increases, the effect is a massive pay cut. And as for gold plated pension, is a pension of £4000 a year for the rest of your life acceptable? I may be leaving next year on early retirement, not because of stress or because I particularly want to but because my service wants to make efficiency savings so getting rid of me will save them money. Never mind I have worked 24 years in the service.

And they are still a tiny minority in a hospital trust....tiny."

At one point managers were recruited at five times the rate of nurses..that was under Labour..

The NHS Information Centre provided the figures..

Labour were very expedient in job creation in local government s`well....really arcane positions...I remember the mockery, and astonishment..

there are 3 parts of the public sector that every one seems to forget about and like the police they dont have the right to go on strike ether they just get on with the job they are paid to do no matter ware they are sent to do it and when the get injured to the point that they carnt do there job they get kicked out then like my hubby 5 years after they turn 40 they get a big fat kick in the teeth and told to live on £96 a week try living in there shoes before you start shouting and screaming and yes i talking about our armed forces the lowest paid and wors treated out of all of you

"there are 3 parts of the public sector that every one seems to forget about and like the police they dont have the right to go on strike ether they just get on with the job they are paid to do no matter ware they are sent to do it and when the get injured to the point that they carnt do there job they get kicked out then like my hubby 5 years after they turn 40 they get a big fat kick in the teeth and told to live on £96 a week try living in there shoes before you start shouting and screaming and yes i talking about our armed forces the lowest paid and wors treated out of all of you"

Highlighting the clusterfuck, that is the police early retirement and the black hole for pensions will, no doubt surface somewhere...

"The "look forward to doing this until I'm 67" was sarcasm and interpreted as such. "

lol. Aren't you unemployed?

Self-employed. Retrained as an electrician. Thanks for asking.

[Removed by poster at 01/12/11 18:22:30]

"Self-employed. Retrained as an electrician. Thanks for asking."

as an electrician since i began my apprentiship at 16 i would find it very entertaining being on the same job as you my friend.

"Self-employed. Retrained as an electrician. Thanks for asking."

A self-employed electrician. lol.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"

So I guess from your post that you think the Police, Ambulance, Fire Brigade, Nursing Staff, Teachers etc. are in the Private Sector?.....and none of them have stress in their work?

Good god man.....did you think before you typed that?"

sadly most of our political parties (although there one in particular) - are reliant on the fact that people will form opinions (in fact they prefer to) without bothering to fact-check

"

as an electrician since i began my apprentiship at 16 i would find it very entertaining being on the same job as you my friend."

Every building site I've ever worked on has been packed with misanthropic, misinformed, self-righteous, judgmental, and pompous bigots - I'd have thought you'd be used to it

Torquay

At one point managers were recruited at five times the rate of nurses..that was under Labour..

Labour were very expedient in job creation in local government s`well....really arcane positions...I remember the mockery, and astonishment..

"

I don't know whether or not you have ever worked in an NHS hospital, but you will find that the rank and file outnumber the management by the hundreds in any given General hospital.

Have you worked in an NHS hospital?

"Self-employed. Retrained as an electrician. Thanks for asking.

as an electrician since i began my apprentiship at 16 i would find it very entertaining being on the same job as you my friend."

Why can't he re-train as an electrician?

Is it not possible?

I don't know whether or not you have ever worked in an NHS hospital, but you will find that the rank and file outnumber the management by the hundreds in any given General hospital.

Have you worked in an NHS hospital?

"

Just to add to Jane's point - last time I checked the NHS rating against other healthcare systems across the world, we were ranked between 8th and 12th position (depends on what criteria you use). - lets split the difference and say we're ranked 10th

However in terms of what it costs to deliver per capita, the NHS is ranked around 18th or 19th in the world.

so in terms of what our health service costs to deliver, we are punching 8 or 9 places above our weight in terms of value for money.

In anyones book that is an extremely efficient healthcare system.

So lets just pretend for a moment that the previous poster isn't a misinformed muppet just parroting what the daily mail or some bloke down the pub told them and the NHS really IS top heavy with management - in that case the management are clearly doing a fucking amazing job to make the NHS so efficient.

All the "private sector" workers and supporters complaining there not as well treated as the public sector heres what to do. Join a union and fight for better conditions. These xxxxxxxx we have in now would have small children up chimnies if people hadn't fought,starved and died in the past to get the few rights we know have and are slowly losing.

"Self-employed. Retrained as an electrician. Thanks for asking.

as an electrician since i began my apprentiship at 16 i would find it very entertaining being on the same job as you my friend.

Why can't he re-train as an electrician?

Is it not possible?"

Anyone should be able to run in a new socket or rewire a light switch. It's piss easy, I could teach a kid to do in a morning.

CU swapout isn't much harder either. Just a load of blue, brown and green and yellow wires that need to go in the right places. Feckin doddle.

"

Every building site I've ever worked on has been packed with misanthropic, misinformed, self-righteous, judgmental, and pompous bigots - I'd have thought you'd be used to it "

You forgot the lecherous wolf whistlers with their arses hanging out the top of underfitting jeans.

that is the trouble,dilutey electricians think they know it all,it would be a laugh to see these people on a large commercial contract. sorts the men from the boy's.

the good companies want to see the card to confirm an apprentiship has been served.....otherwise back to the housebashing lol

"Remember the outrage when private firms started to emerge who had blown the pension funds on dodgy investments especially within the company... if not then take a google, Robert Maxwell springs to mind as a good starting point!

Now the government want to raid that pension fund as they have not actually followed the law as written by them on what a pension fund is and how it can be used...

IF you want to rewrite the agreement then you should only do it from now onwards! to employ someone for 20 - 30 years then change the terms of the contract just isn't right (I don't count the last 10 years as there appears to be some agreement to honour the deal with those about to retire)

Neither of us are in the Public Sector, so it doesn't really affect us, but I know I would be a tad annoyed if my bank turned around and said they have decided to keep the investment account contents as they are having some hard times!

Bloody hell that's heavy going! anyone want a shag "

have to agree. a contract is a contract and can't help feeling that the unions should perhaps be helping memeber to go down the legal route for a better result.

yes to the shag.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

How embarrasing for you to know so little yet say so much.

I'm a nurse in the private sector.... the stress and crap I receive is no less than those in the public sector... would I strike...NO NO NO ... Do I get any pension NO NO NO ... I do a job I love and am good at......... I earn a wage that is good enough to keep me...Same as you and YOU who strike get pensions that I pay for... I do a job I love.. If you don't like the conditions you work in then get out ..

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

"

Good god man.....did you think before you typed that?

sadly most of our political parties (although there one in particular) - are reliant on the fact that people will form opinions (in fact they prefer to) without bothering to fact-check"

good post totally agree ,the 30 second soundbite is the opium of the masses

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

I seem to remember someone saying on the last thread that although there was a good turnout for the strike, their patients were not inconvenienced in any way...

Perhaps we are a little over staffed then?

A lady on the television yesterday (teacher) was saying that at the end of 40 years working, she will have a pot, enough to buy her £9000 per anum at todays prices. That is £173 per week and on top is the £100 or so state pension.

But, she said, I don't want to have to work 40 years! Welcome to the real world...

Torquay

"I seem to remember someone saying on the last thread that although there was a good turnout for the strike, their patients were not inconvenienced in any way...

A lady on the television yesterday (teacher) was saying that at the end of 40 years working, she will have a pot, enough to buy her £9000 per anum at todays prices. That is £173 per week and on top is the £100 or so state pension.

But, she said, I don't want to have to work 40 years! Welcome to the real world... "

You forgot to add that her pension contributions are increasing by a further 50% or £100 (average) per month for the next Five years, rising to god knows what after that....because the government cannot promise that a 50% increase will be sufficient after that 5 year period....but they did say it wouldn't go down.

I would like to think that most of us wouldn't deny a teacher who had dedicated 40 years to a career like that a £173 pound a week pension....it's not a kings ransom after all.

Any pension will do me...I cant afford one am too busy contributing to other peoples

Torquay

"Any pension will do me...I cant afford one am too busy contributing to other peoples"

You work as a nurse in the Private Sector for a company that has no pension scheme?....

By *leasureDomeMan  over a year ago

all over the place

I dont understand why people in the private sector want to see the public sector pensions made worse , i would rather be out marching or writing to my MP saying how about fair pensions for all ,stop letting the mutlinationals get away with ripping hardworking private sector brits off .....

you know how fickle politicions are if the people actually get together,makes em really nervous

yes a pension sheme but unlike the public sector one not worth paying into..

Torquay

"yes a pension sheme but unlike the public sector one not worth paying into.."

Your choice then....in the same way you choose not to work for the NHS, you have that choice....why not take it?

I've have worked my time NSH so know the system...its a great place to work..lots of benifits and lots of not so good stuff..lol...same as any work place..Now in private sector and as in previous post love my job.. but the grass is not allways greener and if people don't like it then they should get out...plenty of good people willing and looking for work..

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

"I seem to remember someone saying on the last thread that although there was a good turnout for the strike, their patients were not inconvenienced in any way...

But, she said, I don't want to have to work 40 years! Welcome to the real world...

You forgot to add that her pension contributions are increasing by a further 50% or £100 (average) per month for the next Five years, rising to god knows what after that....because the government cannot promise that a 50% increase will be sufficient after that 5 year period....but they did say it wouldn't go down.

I would like to think that most of us wouldn't deny a teacher who had dedicated 40 years to a career like that a £173 pound a week pension....it's not a kings ransom after all."

Actually Jane, she said her contribution would rise from 3% to 6%! At £100 payment that would mean she is earning £1666 per month. That is around £20,00 per anum. Her wages will rise by grade, that is not frozen, so yes she will pay more, but then we all have to do that!

As for would I begrudge? Not at all, but tell me why I shouldn't expect her to do what I had to do and pay for it? Explain to me why, when so many are really feeling the pinch, they have to support public sector pensions? No matter how good or bad they are, they are way better than the ordinary man in the street can afford!

Torquay

"I've have worked my time NSH so know the system...its a great place to work..lots of benifits and lots of not so good stuff..lol...same as any work place..Now in private sector and as in previous post love my job.. but the grass is not allways greener and if people don't like it then they should get out...plenty of good people willing and looking for work.."

Then you have the answer to your own predicament....if you had stayed within the NHS nursing sector you would have still been in their pension scheme....you freely decided to leave it to work in the Private sector, your choice, but now you moan about your lot?

Like you said, the grass is not always greener, you have proved that point by jumping ship only to find you have no decent pension scheme to pay into and benefit from....add to that the fact that you gladly accepted NHS nursing training I should imagine, at taxpayers expense (I won't be so crass as to say at my expense) then you really have little to moan about in my eyes.

With respect...

No one is forced to work in the public sector...

Nurses, Fire and Police officers chose these professions... Its called a vocation.

Historically the public sector salaries have been, in general, lower than the private sector with the difference recouped in pensions accrued during a working lifetime of paying into the system that government now intends to misappropriate to cover financial mismanagement.

Assuming that these changes only affect future contributions and returns... The public sector overall remunerations will be slashed on a government whim and a private sector would not be able to absorb the influx of the disaffected.

At which point the glut of workforce will drive private sector salaries into the ground...

As usual the working population public and private take it up the ass...

I worked for 20 years in the NSH after my training..hardly jumping ship...was not at tax payers expence..had 2 children to support and claimed NO benifits..I did not jump ship..I am also not moaning am more than happy in my job and dont give a monkeys about no pension..just pointing out that these pensions are a good deal in the present climate..

Torquay

I would like to think that most of us wouldn't deny a teacher who had dedicated 40 years to a career like that a £173 pound a week pension....it's not a kings ransom after all.

Actually Jane, she said her contribution would rise from 3% to 6%! At £100 payment that would mean she is earning £1666 per month. That is around £20,00 per anum. Her wages will rise by grade, that is not frozen, so yes she will pay more, but then we all have to do that!

As for would I begrudge? Not at all, but tell me why I shouldn't expect her to do what I had to do and pay for it? Explain to me why, when so many are really feeling the pinch, they have to support public sector pensions? No matter how good or bad they are, they are way better than the ordinary man in the street can afford!"

I understand where you are coming from but the way I see it is if a teacher works in the Private Sector in a teaching role she would expect to earn far more, with less benefits.

It's a bit of a pay off isn't it?....Public Sector more often than not (at base level here, not senior management) means a lower salary compared to a comparable Private Sector post....but with a far better pension scheme and other benefits.

Graduates have to make these choices all the time, which path to take....both of which have their share of golden appeal.

Torquay

"I worked for 20 years in the NSH after my training..hardly jumping ship...was not at tax payers expence..had 2 children to support and claimed NO benifits..I did not jump ship..I am also not moaning am more than happy in my job and dont give a monkeys about no pension..just pointing out that these pensions are a good deal in the present climate.."

Then you will have 20 years contributions accrued in the NHS pension scheme will you not?....all be it frozen?...or did you opt out?

And YES....your NHS training was at the taxpayers expense, of course you have the right to leave their employment at any time, but the taxpayer still paid for you to train as a nurse....only to see you use that training in the Private sector.

I worked as I trained.no tax payer paid for me. I earn't approx 8000.00 a year..mind you a long time ago so might not be exactly acurate.. for that they got a full time worker on a ward..thats at least 40 hrs work not watching ..lol.., caring for people and study was mostly in my own time at home until late at night...my only point still remains the pensions are still good in public sector...

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

[Removed by poster at 02/12/11 01:10:10]

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

"I worked as I trained.no tax payer paid for me. I earn't approx 8000.00 a year..mind you a long time ago so might not be exactly acurate.. for that they got a full time worker on a ward..thats at least 40 hrs work not watching ..lol.., caring for people and study was mostly in my own time at home until late at night...my only point still remains the pensions are still good in public sector... "

You worked as you trained? So you were paid and therefor paid tax as did everyone else!

I can't follow your argument and I worry you were looking after people.

It didn't seem to work to me. Saved some local councils some money though.

"that is the trouble,dilutey electricians think they know it all,it would be a laugh to see these people on a large commercial contract. sorts the men from the boy's.

the good companies want to see the card to confirm an apprentiship has been served.....otherwise back to the housebashing lol "

20 years as a telecoms engineer and I decided to switch careers. If City & Guilds are happy to issue me with certification that says I'm a competent electrician then who are you to say they are wrong. I'd even go as far to say that as my training took into account the latest rules & regs I'm probably more up to date than you are. You'll be sitting the new 17th amendments in January I assume?

And obviously you'll have your C&G 2391 as well, won't you?

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Look at the bigger picture.

I think we would all agree that there are two seperate issues here. The longterm sustainability of Public Pensions and the deficit.

Public sector pensions are affordable, a deal done by the Govt and the Unions in 2007 means that not only are they affordable but they get 'cheaper' after next year against GDP.

The timing of the current standoff is therefore not about pension sustainability, it is about the deficit. The Govt has not denied opposition accusations that the funds raised will not be kept in the pension pot.

This is therefore simply about a tax on the public sector.

We all owe the deficit, therefore we should ALL pay the bill. The fairer option in my opinion is to increase income tax, but politically that is seen as suicide. So the Govt is choosing a politically easier option of bringing forward a fight with the Unions.

It is sad that we are allowing ourselves to be drawn into a public v private sector 'phoney' war.

We need to open our eyes, look past the soundbites, stop being selfish and start to demand more honesty from our politicians.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Yep absolutely all true, and Elvis is sat on the number 12 bus on the moon...

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

Most of them take early retirement through 'stress' anyway so what has the retirement age increase got to do with them anyway?

Yep absolutely all true, and Elvis is sat on the number 12 bus on the moon... "

no he isn't...elvis works down our chippy....

its hitler sat on the bus

By *oole2010Couple  over a year ago

southampto

[Removed by poster at 02/12/11 20:09:54]

I drove past a couple of them lazy-arsed strikers yesterday. I wound the car window down and shouted "Get back to work and do your job properly!" I couldn't make out what Torres said, but Andy Carroll told me to fuck off

By *oole2010Couple  over a year ago

southampto

well all you strikers i do feel sorry for in a way because in 5 years time you wont have to worry about a pension just a job as according to the latest figures 700.000 of you will be out of work in 5 years time and yes your pensions are going to be cut to pay off the deficit the same deficit that good old gordon and his cronies left us the private sector pensions were raided by the tories in the 80s and then brown to the further tune of 5 billion a year did the public sector worry about us when the goernments were hitting the private sector pensions nope it was im alrite jack and always wil be well now its your turn and any govt including labour dont want us to live to long after we retire cos that means they have to pay us money to do nothing remember the good old days for the govt when we used to retire at 65 and the majority of us didnt see 70 they were coining it in well at the mo if the govt didnt collect any taxes there would be only enough money to pay three months pensions so that why they want us to work till we drop iv now got to work till im 67 an extra 2 years think i will retire with a bad back by then and claim my dla surely they couldnt deny me claiming after paying into the system for nearly 50 years or could they?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

RPI / CPI...

the case in the high court which was found today to be in the governments favour was brought mainly by the unions, with the support of the pensioners alliance...

it affects 'us all', both private and public sector....

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I'm more worried aboutthe fact that they are slashing the civil service by 1/3.

Personally, I am already over worked to the point of not being able to take anything else on my desk. If I lose 2 more of my staff, I and the rest of us will either be ill, having a nervous breakdowns or leaving, because we are far far past the point of not being able to cope.

The pension fiasco is just another nail in the civil servants coffin.

**And yes, I chose to work in Defence, totally MY choice, one I have never regretted, because I wanted to try and make some kind of difference and to help support the armed services.**

1 day strike is not goin to get any one any were even goverment smirk and have the bare face to tell the unions it wont get them any were !should be 1 out all out and stay out until fairness is seen to be done.

» Add a new message to this topic