FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > crime stats!

crime stats!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 22/07/18 23:54:21]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

The new crime stats out recently claim

knife crime is up 16%

Robberies are up 30%

And murder is up 12%

knife crime is getting out of control almost like america with guns?so what's the solution police stations are being closed down its not going to help the crime rates! !

What's everyone's thoughts?

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"The new crime stats out recently claim

knife crime is up 16%

Robberies are up 30%

And murder is up 12%

knife crime is getting out of control almost like america with guns?so what's the solution police stations are being closed down its not going to help the crime rates! !

What's everyone's thoughts?"

I have no idea what’s going on .

Apparently 9 out of 10 crimes go unpunished now .

I would hazard a guess that may have something to do with it .

Private security ?

Taking the law into your own hands ?

It’s got to be an option as the police have no resources and the courts aren’t trying them for minor crimes .

Apparently it seems that shoplifting is no longer being punished at all ... ?

Nor burglary

Car theft

Etc....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bring stop & search back.

People complain that police are stereotyping when they stop & search but if you don’t have a knife on you and you’re a law abiding citizen you should have no issue with being searched in my opinion. Also there aren’t as many police patrolling the streets as there used to be!

Also in my city a hell of a lot of youth clubs have closed down so kids these days have nowhere to go to play football, or play basketball or learn boxing etc. When I was in school we had youth clubs everywhere and I went to several and learnt cooking, dancing, singing etc. There was no need to roam the streets really until I got to about 15 and discovered Cider!

I also think parents should be more strict. Kids these days can tell their parents they’re going out and their parents won’t ask where, with who or anything. I had a curfew, if I weren’t back the door would be chained and I’d have to call my dad to let me in as he always sympathised lol!

That’s what you get when you give the police a shoe string budget

"Bring stop & search back.

People complain that police are stereotyping when they stop & search but if you don’t have a knife on you and you’re a law abiding citizen you should have no issue with being searched in my opinion. Also there aren’t as many police patrolling the streets as there used to be!

Also in my city a hell of a lot of youth clubs have closed down so kids these days have nowhere to go to play football, or play basketball or learn boxing etc. When I was in school we had youth clubs everywhere and I went to several and learnt cooking, dancing, singing etc. There was no need to roam the streets really until I got to about 15 and discovered Cider!

I also think parents should be more strict. Kids these days can tell their parents they’re going out and their parents won’t ask where, with who or anything. I had a curfew, if I weren’t back the door would be chained and I’d have to call my dad to let me in as he always sympathised lol!

"

Aww daddies girl hey ,,,yes kids definetly need activities to do ,parents should be more aware of what their kids are upto also.I know that part is not easy though.stop and search is a good method although can infuriate people who are innocent and it feels like a violation! :/

knife crime is up 16%

Robberies are up 30%

And murder is up 12%

What's everyone's thoughts?

I have no idea what’s going on .

Apparently 9 out of 10 crimes go unpunished now .

I would hazard a guess that may have something to do with it .

Private security ?

Taking the law into your own hands ?

It’s got to be an option as the police have no resources and the courts aren’t trying them for minor crimes .

Apparently it seems that shoplifting is no longer being punished at all ... ?

Nor burglary

Car theft

Etc...."

Yes I heard the 9 out of 10 crimes go unpunished also.I hear that in some areas police do not come out for a theft under a certain amount £2-300I think it was:/

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Parents definitely have the opening hand in the deck the kids get.

So so many make false threats, don't carry them out even in the slightest and then end up rewarding the kid because the threat made them cry.

Sure fire way of teaching the kids to do what they want because there won't be any consequences anyway.

Part of me thinks national service should be reintroduced, but that's really just from seeing programmes on telly like "bad lads army" where people turn their lives around and start having real respect for those around them, but mainly themselves.

Aww daddies girl hey ,,,yes kids definetly need activities to do ,parents should be more aware of what their kids are upto also.I know that part is not easy though.stop and search is a good method although can infuriate people who are innocent and it feels like a violation! :/"

Haha!

My Mom is the toughie and would never fall for my shit, because she was like me when young, but my Dad could never and can still never say no to this face! I use it to my advantage! Hahaha.

Have a nuclear war, that'll cure it all

Aww daddies girl hey ,,,yes kids definetly need activities to do ,parents should be more aware of what their kids are upto also.I know that part is not easy though.stop and search is a good method although can infuriate people who are innocent and it feels like a violation! :/

Haha!

My Mom is the toughie and would never fall for my shit, because she was like me when young, but my Dad could never and can still never say no to this face! I use it to my advantage! Hahaha. "

Well you do have a cute face (like butter wouldn't melt hey ??)

By *ast_And_CuriousMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

"

But then the police would be searching mostly black people as they commit the vast majority of knife and gun crime. Do that and the black community will complain they're being victimised and that the police are racist.

The laws aren't tough enough and there's an awful attitude in kids today. Look at that "catch me outside" girl. She's a celebrity. I'm 26 and sound like an old man but kids these days are so dangerous because they feel they're above the law or that thv justice system is too soft. Jails are nothing. Thugs go in skinny as fuck and come out beefed up with an even shittier attitude.

"The laws aren't tough enough and there's an awful attitude in kids today. Look at that "catch me outside" girl. She's a celebrity. I'm 26 and sound like an old man but kids these days are so dangerous because they feel they're above the law or that thv justice system is too soft. Jails are nothing. Thugs go in skinny as fuck and come out beefed up with an even shittier attitude. "

It's true they are so cocky they have free gym in jail ,courses to do and rent free!if the changed the law so it was as harsh as America people would think twice!

Something needs to be done real soon!!! We lost a young man in Wolverhampton this weekend to guncrime..... and for what?!!! ..... for a whole lot of sorrow and pain.... it’s absolutely crazy out there!!

"That’s what you get when you give the police a shoe string budget"

This

Austerity is the route cause

"The laws aren't tough enough and there's an awful attitude in kids today. Look at that "catch me outside" girl. She's a celebrity. I'm 26 and sound like an old man but kids these days are so dangerous because they feel they're above the law or that thv justice system is too soft. Jails are nothing. Thugs go in skinny as fuck and come out beefed up with an even shittier attitude.

It's true they are so cocky they have free gym in jail ,courses to do and rent free!if the changed the law so it was as harsh as America people would think twice!"

You are wrong about prisons being a cushy number. But prison and even the death sentence isn't a deterrent in america so why would a similarly draconian prison sentence be a deterent here.

knife crime is up 16%

Robberies are up 30%

And murder is up 12%

What's everyone's thoughts?"

It's simple go back to chop sticks

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

There really is a perfect storm starting to brew. So many factors are all coming into play at once. Most of these factors seem to be a result of the current financial climate. I think with current finances and government policy we are all going to start seeing crime effect our daily life's to some extent. And even if things get better things won't reverse over night. Its going to be a rough few years ahead in so many ways for most of us.

But then the police would be searching mostly black people as they commit the vast majority of knife and gun crime. Do that and the black community will complain they're being victimised and that the police are racist.

"

Some of the black community maybe.

I certainly wouldn’t be “complaining” or call the police racist for doing their job. Some will, some won’t.

I think the problem lies at home,the thing which seems the problem is a lot of parents these days of the kids don’t give a toss and don’t have morals respect and discipline.The general public all seems to be about me me and no one looks after anything and society has rapidly changed,it’s not a excuse because there’s nothing to do.Just because there isn’t a youth club it doesn’t mean you have to go out and rob or stab someone that’s just the mentality of the youth of today well some,in the 90s my youth were robbing everything in sight and getting upto all kinds of stuff but there was still loads of things to do and it was a great era to live in.

By *htcMan  over a year ago

MK

Laws aren't tough enough.

Sentences are to weak.

Wrong people have been let in to the country.

Police are powerless and worried about assault if they get hurt.

Too much paperwork and time wasted when someone is arrested, one reason why they let people go.

Parents don't care, think it's someone's else's problems. So fine them at a rate of per grade of crime.

Best way to solve is murder means death penalty. Stabbing means death penalty. Tougher sentences for other crimes. Scrap all the paperwork keep it basic. Police should get paid more for each arrest so in best interest to arrest them.

"Laws aren't tough enough.

Sentences are to weak.

Wrong people have been let in to the country.

Police are powerless and worried about assault if they get hurt.

Too much paperwork and time wasted when someone is arrested, one reason why they let people go.

Parents don't care, think it's someone's else's problems. So fine them at a rate of per grade of crime.

Best way to solve is murder means death penalty. Stabbing means death penalty. Tougher sentences for other crimes. Scrap all the paperwork keep it basic. Police should get paid more for each arrest so in best interest to arrest them.

"

I'm sorry but what a load if poppy cock.

Statistics vary depending on how they are collated or presented.

Crime and anti social behaviour isn't directly linked to the Police service, which ultimately deters and investigates.

It requires an holistic approach from grass roots level up, with people who care about their children and communities who engage and reach out.

Those who are disaffected and feel left out will always react.

Death penalties and tougher sentences? It's been tried and doesn't work. Yes there's a time to carry a big stick, but it isn't a long term solution.

Also the press have a lot to answer for in portraying a doomsday attitude to society. It's nowhere near as dystopian as they would have you believe. Typed sat by a river feeding ducks with no stabbings this week and rather nice chatty people nearby.

Where I'm from I'd say every third lad has done some jail time. Generational unemployment is rampant and most people leave school without any solid education. Yes the government need to invest serious time and effort here but I know these people and most will be bad regardless of the community around them. And jail here in Ireland certainly is easy for most people coming from these areas. They have gyms, tvs, video games, decent and regular food and are almost always put into cells with friends to avoid trouble. Alot of guys don't even have that on the outside. I hear them say things like "jail is nothing to me". To be fair the majority might be different if they had a privileged upbringing but there's guys in my area that have went through the same stuff and haven't turned to crime. Sometimes it's just an excuse.

I’ve no idea why Mrs M has been cutting police budget?!

"I’ve no idea why Mrs M has been cutting police budget?! "

This is the worst thing they could have done.I don't think it's all her though theit must be others pulling her strings.

» Add a new message to this topic