FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Forum thread preferences

Forum thread preferences

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

More musings for a Sunny Sunday morning from my tea addled head;

I spend a fair amount of time mooching through the forums and reading various points of view from the light hearted and silly to the downright argumentative and heavy topics. I do notice that certain people tend to gravitate towards certain topic types and tend to post similar thread types in keeping with those.

So what thread topics float your boat? Do you consider yourself an agitator or would you rather just keep things light and fun?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

#theyknowwhotheyare

"#theyknowwhotheyare "

#ThatsAllTheAnswerINeed

"#theyknowwhotheyare

#ThatsAllTheAnswerINeed "

#IU

#youknowwhoyouare

I flit about and comment depending on my mood and how tired my brain is.

I'm not a deep thinker and I have no political knowledge, so I don't bother with those types of threads.

"#theyknowwhotheyare

#ThatsAllTheAnswerINeed "

It's not you, it's me

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"More musings for a Sunny Sunday morning from my tea addled head;

I spend a fair amount of time mooching through the forums and reading various points of view from the light hearted and silly to the downright argumentative and heavy topics. I do notice that certain people tend to gravitate towards certain topic types and tend to post similar thread types in keeping with those.

So what thread topics float your boat? Do you consider yourself an agitator or would you rather just keep things light and fun? "

Tbh I do both - from kids pass fuck (I never say pass though - seems mean - surely everyone should at least get a hug or a brew?) to banter threads - to heavy debate if I feel informed enough on the topic to make a contribution (if not I’ll just read through!)

So I think I’m a Peach for all seasons really!

I tend to head for the more light hearted ones personally. I try to avoid the heavier or argumentative subjects on here... unless there's a blatantly sarcastic comment to be made

C

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple  over a year ago

nr chester

I read more than I post but when I post, my posting like others will depend on my mood Mrs blue eyes

Most of the time I try and keep to the lighthearted threads. But occasionally I do join in some of the more serious threads. Though there are some I avoid because I know that I’ll get judged on my opinion and situation x

So what thread topics float your boat? Do you consider yourself an agitator or would you rather just keep things light and fun?

Tbh I do both - from kids pass fuck (I never say pass though - seems mean - surely everyone should at least get a hug or a brew?) to banter threads - to heavy debate if I feel informed enough on the topic to make a contribution (if not I’ll just read through!)

So I think I’m a Peach for all seasons really! "

You're too old to have anymore kids.

Food, drink and tits are my favourite subjects

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I prefer light hearted really because I’m here for a laugh. If I wanted to debate stuff to the enth degree with a supercilious, sanctimonious attitude then I would look elsewhere I think.

Some threads are such a drag so I swerve away from those. Give me a Fab a pic any day

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

You're too old to have anymore kids."

Ageist fecker!

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

You're too old to have anymore kids."

Taxi for Erect-Jim.....

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I pretty much read most topics, not the kiss fuck ones or the insult the poster above, they don't interest me at all. I steer clear of politics and religion, too shouty.

I comment on a few if I feel I have something to say.

Oh and I'm definitely not an agitator

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

All about politics and cliques for me. All I care about.

I think you all know that's a big fat lie.

"All about politics and cliques for me. All I care about.

I think you all know that's a big fat lie. "

Yes, we all know you’re more the shy and retiring type

Im very random and tent to stay away from the dabate ones they hurt my brain too much

But just here to giggle and create giggles

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I like the ones relating to prize winning turnip farming and radish growing. Simultaneously interesting, wonderfully inspiring and in many cases, quite heart wrenching reading the myriad of struggles that so many FAB members have experienced when they have undertaken this most gruelling of pursuits in order to gain the recognition and indeed, respect within their community.

"I like the ones relating to prize winning turnip farming and radish growing. Simultaneously interesting, wonderfully inspiring and in many cases, quite heart wrenching reading the myriad of struggles that so many FAB members have experienced when they have undertaken this most gruelling of pursuits in order to gain the recognition and indeed, respect within their community."

Good times! Have you thought about asking the mods for a separate page for those threads seeing as how they’re so high volume?

I only ever post in the lighthearted ones, I’d hate to express my opinion on the internet with respect to subjects I’m passionate about, that seems to me to be a ridiculous thing to do.

By *eplicant JoWoman  over a year ago

Sussex countryside

I try and stick to fun and lighthearted threads. Try to stay away from drama.

"I only ever post in the lighthearted ones, I’d hate to express my opinion on the internet with respect to subjects I’m passionate about, that seems to me to be a ridiculous thing to do. "

Yes, you’re often known for keeping schtum...

"I prefer light hearted really because I’m here for a laugh. If I wanted to debate stuff to the enth degree with a supercilious, sanctimonious attitude then I would look elsewhere I think.

Some threads are such a drag so I swerve away from those. Give me a Fab a pic any day "

Is saying that a little sanctimonious though? Just pondering.

"I prefer light hearted really because I’m here for a laugh. If I wanted to debate stuff to the enth degree with a supercilious, sanctimonious attitude then I would look elsewhere I think.

Some threads are such a drag so I swerve away from those. Give me a Fab a pic any day

Is saying that a little sanctimonious though? Just pondering. "

Oh I’m sure someone will be along shortly to tell me the answer to that

"I only ever post in the lighthearted ones, I’d hate to express my opinion on the internet with respect to subjects I’m passionate about, that seems to me to be a ridiculous thing to do.

Yes, you’re often known for keeping schtum... "

I do find it interesting how having an opinion is something one should be ashamed of or automatically gets you a label here. I don’t label people who don’t want to debate, and infer I am better for wanting to discuss meaty topics. It’s hypocritical.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I like the ones relating to prize winning turnip farming and radish growing. Simultaneously interesting, wonderfully inspiring and in many cases, quite heart wrenching reading the myriad of struggles that so many FAB members have experienced when they have undertaken this most gruelling of pursuits in order to gain the recognition and indeed, respect within their community.

Good times! Have you thought about asking the mods for a separate page for those threads seeing as how they’re so high volume? "

I did compose a righty heartfelt plea to the said mods, virtually begging them to award Turnip and Radish cultivation the recognition on the site it so thoroughly deserves.

Their response was that whilst they aknowledged the veritable importance of this most righteous of agricultural pursuits, there was a greater call from other members for a Potato themed thread (with a possibility of sub divisional threads relating to the many different varieties; Maris Pipers, Desiree etc.)

Therefore, my noble venture was put on ostensible indefinite hold

"I only ever post in the lighthearted ones, I’d hate to express my opinion on the internet with respect to subjects I’m passionate about, that seems to me to be a ridiculous thing to do.

I do find it interesting how having an opinion is something one should be ashamed of or automatically gets you a label here. I don’t label people who don’t want to debate, and infer I am better for wanting to discuss meaty topics. It’s hypocritical."

It is very much so, but then many people on here sit in judgement of everything that others do from sexual preferences to punctuation use. If judgement is part and parcel of everything then you may as well do what makes you happy.

"I like the ones relating to prize winning turnip farming and radish growing. Simultaneously interesting, wonderfully inspiring and in many cases, quite heart wrenching reading the myriad of struggles that so many FAB members have experienced when they have undertaken this most gruelling of pursuits in order to gain the recognition and indeed, respect within their community.

Good times! Have you thought about asking the mods for a separate page for those threads seeing as how they’re so high volume?

I did compose a righty heartfelt plea to the said mods, virtually begging them to award Turnip and Radish cultivation the recognition on the site it so thoroughly deserves.

Their response was that whilst they aknowledged the veritable importance of this most righteous of agricultural pursuits, there was a greater call from other members for a Potato themed thread (with a possibility of sub divisional threads relating to the many different varieties; Maris Pipers, Desiree etc.)

Therefore, my noble venture was put on ostensible indefinite hold "

That’s unfortunate, my heart goes out to you foiled root vegetable based enjoyment

I do find it interesting how having an opinion is something one should be ashamed of or automatically gets you a label here. I don’t label people who don’t want to debate, and infer I am better for wanting to discuss meaty topics. It’s hypocritical."

Has someone said that to you Estella? That’s a shame if they have.

We all get different things from Fab and as a person that rarely gets involved in the heavier threads, I find that some people get carried away, take over a thread and if you try to dip your toe in you can be shouted down. Some folk are very shouty. Obviously this is just my opinion. I don’t condemn folk for having opinions or debating but my personal feeling is that I don’t enjoy the way some threads go which I why I steer clear, just like some steer clear of the daft threads because it’s not for them. Each to their own I think.

I just like to comment on lighthearted threads where I’m not going to offend anyone. Haven’t worked up the courage to start a thread of my own yet, maybe one day.

"I just like to comment on lighthearted threads where I’m not going to offend anyone. Haven’t worked up the courage to start a thread of my own yet, maybe one day. "

#hopefully

I avoid both extremes. I like to incite debate if that's what you mean by agitator. Debate (to me) doesn't mean arguing.

"I avoid both extremes. I like to incite debate if that's what you mean by agitator. Debate (to me) doesn't mean arguing. "

No there’s a difference between provoking debate, playing devils advocate and agitating.

"I avoid both extremes. I like to incite debate if that's what you mean by agitator. Debate (to me) doesn't mean arguing.

No there’s a difference between provoking debate, playing devils advocate and agitating. "

Which am I?

"I avoid both extremes. I like to incite debate if that's what you mean by agitator. Debate (to me) doesn't mean arguing.

No there’s a difference between provoking debate, playing devils advocate and agitating.

Which am I?"

Provoking debate

Which am I?

Provoking debate"

Thank you

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Depends how I’m feeling, there are certain threads I avoid because I’m not meeting and it’s not appropriate to join them. I don’t mind some of more intense threads depending on who the OP is. I don’t see Fab as an extension of the debating club I’ve long since left. I’m happy to offer my view but it’s exactly that, it isn’t necessarily right just how I feel. I don’t want to get into a heated debate but like to read other view points that may cause me to change my mind. I started a thread the other day whereby the comments of others made me see things differently, that was refreshing

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I open most threads but if it begins with a short questionaire I tend to stop reading and leave and not contribute to it.

Most of the time I do that. I usually find the OP dosent give their opinion but asks for yours.

I'm just here for a bit of fun. If I want serious I can watch or listen to the news.

"I open most threads but if it begins with a short questionaire I tend to stop reading and leave and not contribute to it.

Most of the time I do that. I usually find the OP dosent give their opinion but asks for yours."

Do you feel that it’s necessary for the OP to give a point of view? I rarely give my point of view in my opening post as I find that all that happens then is that the following posts are coloured by that view.

Your point is noted

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I just post on anything

» Add a new message to this topic