FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Football hooligans

Football hooligans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

A taxi and an ambulance smashed up by football fans.

An Ikea shop in London trashed by football fans.

Why do football fans have such a bad repution as mindless thugs and hooligans?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"A taxi and an ambulance smashed up by football fans.

Why do football fans have such a bad repution as mindless thugs and hooligans?"

Tribalism, absolutely undefendable!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I suppose they just take their lead off the players. After all the last time England beat Sweden in a world cup match Stan collymore leathered Ulrika Johnson. The fans have just taken it to a new level

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

Football fans don't, not the true one's, just the d*unk morons that use football as their vehicle of choice as an excuse to carry their "patriotism"

Not in our name though. Lock them up and ban them from all matches indefinitely...

Football fans don't, not the true one's, just the d*unk morons that use football as their vehicle of choice as an excuse to carry their "patriotism"

Not in our name though. Lock them up and ban them from all matches indefinitely... "

I agree

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

They are not football fans just d*unk idiots

Not in our name though. Lock them up and ban them from all matches indefinitely... "

This

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Let's not forget the increase in domestic violence, when England get beaten.

So they are thugs when they get beaten or win.

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

100% this.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Can you imagine if we lost.

It's in British DNA, unless UK government make DNA editing legal, no one can stop this..

"I suppose they just take their lead off the players. After all the last time England beat Sweden in a world cup match Stan collymore leathered Ulrika Johnson. The fans have just taken it to a new level "

What a weird train of thought you have.

You forgot to mention the hundreds of thousands out in the pubs peacefully singing and dancing about.

a couple of dozen idiots don't represent the rest,,, we have largely moved on from the bad days.

By *att71Man  over a year ago

Bristol

You forgot to mention the hundreds of thousands out in the pubs peacefully singing and dancing about.

a couple of dozen idiots don't represent the rest,,, we have largely moved on from the bad days."

True fans are not mindless idiots...we watch football.....drink with opposition fans...discuss the game before and after.....we do not run over cars....wreck shops...intimidate people...they are mindless idiots jumping on a band wagon for a few weeks of English football success...

By *aul DeUther-OneMan  over a year ago

Seaside Sussex

please all. Let's be clear about this. The "things" that did these awful acts are not true football fans. -They are doing vandalism while wearing football colours maybe and using the cover of being part of that crowd. Real fans of anything don't do mindless destruction, only haters do that sort of thing.

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Tell them that it's just a game.........

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

They’re probably not really football supporters, just a bunch of troglodytes pissed up on a Saturday afternoon and pumped up with adrenaline and mistaking jingoism for patriotic.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

I think since they have been associated with football since the 80s or before you have to call them football fans. Like it or not

South Oxfordshire

"I think since they have been associated with football since the 80s or before you have to call them football fans. Like it or not"

So you know every single "fan" that trashed an ambulance and stormed Ikea have been a football hooligan since the 80's

Most of them weren't even born then. They are the same mindless idiots that get pissed up every Friday and Saturday night and cause havoc in our town centres.

Funny football fans get blamed for all issues like this.

Yes people who were causing the violence that has been shown we’re watching the football match but they are not true football fans they are morons who jumped on the excuse of the game to get pissed as farts and act like dicks.... the image shown of people on the ambulance car are disgusting idiots

People like this would jump on any event an cause havoc it’s a sunny weekend, everyone I know was out in pub drinking then wanting to party and most said by evening all the people who earlier were wanting to be mates and having fun cos England all of a sudden wanted to fight.

It’s the British mentality for drink not football real football fans enjoyed the game celebrated in own ways an moved on.

kildare

"I think since they have been associated with football since the 80s or before you have to call them football fans. Like it or not

So you know every single "fan" that trashed an ambulance and stormed Ikea have been a football hooligan since the 80's

Most of them weren't even born then. They are the same mindless idiots that get pissed up every Friday and Saturday night and cause havoc in our town centres."

I was talking about football hooligans in general and peoples posts saying they are not football fans

You do know its been an ongoing problem since the 80s don't you not just this incident?

Planet Ork

You do know hubby and son are season ticket holders and also travel to numerous away games in a season. They often chat and drink with opposition supporters before and after the matches. Fighting at matches is a very rare occurrence nowadays.

"I think since they have been associated with football since the 80s or before you have to call them football fans. Like it or not

Most of them weren't even born then. They are the same mindless idiots that get pissed up every Friday and Saturday night and cause havoc in our town centres."

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Erm...wild guess: because they smash up taxis, ambulances and ikea stores?

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

To be fair as a boy growing up the one thing that 95% of boys in my school where football mad. Kicking balls around every break time, swapping football stickers, talking about it all the time (no wonder I didn't fit in at school). So surely it follows that if most of the male population likes football then amongst that crowd will be a fair few dicks.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"

a couple of dozen idiots don't represent the rest."

I'll quote that when sweeping generalisations are made about certain groups on here!

"A taxi and an ambulance smashed up by d*unk mindless football fans.

An Ikea shop in London trashed by d*unk mindless football fans.

Why is it a small minority of football fans can't handle their alcohol, have such a bad repution as mindless thugs and hooligans that, it tarnishes the reputation of the far vaster majority?

And why is it that people can see a stadium packed with 80,000 men women and children including babies, then read/see a small handful of d*unken idiots causing trouble and try and suggest all other supporters are the same? "

FTFY

What about those scooter riders, snatching bags off innocents?

They're not dirty thieving low life feral scum then, who just happened to have found a way of going about their business?

They're just scooter riders?

South Oxfordshire

Most of them weren't even born then. They are the same mindless idiots that get pissed up every Friday and Saturday night and cause havoc in our town centres.

I was talking about football hooligans in general and peoples posts saying they are not football fans

You do know its been an ongoing problem since the 80s don't you not just this incident?"

It's been stamped out of the game. As a football fan who (about 5 years ago) regularly travelled to White Hart Lane from Norfolk ON MY OWN, I never saw any problems - even when we played an evening match against Chelsea.

True football are NOT hooligans.

"What about those scooter riders, snatching bags off innocents?

They're not dirty thieving low life feral scum then, who just happened to have found a way of going about their business?

They're just scooter riders?"

There were also some stories of footie fans cleaning up the stadiums after the matches.

"What about those scooter riders, snatching bags off innocents?

They're just scooter riders?"

I’m sure at least one of them was wearing a football shirt and shouted it’s coming home as they snatched.

Therefore they must be football scooter hooligans

kildare

You do know its been an ongoing problem since the 80s don't you not just this incident?

It's been stamped out of the game. As a football fan who (about 5 years ago) regularly travelled to White Hart Lane from Norfolk ON MY OWN, I never saw any problems - even when we played an evening match against Chelsea.

True football are NOT hooligans."

Maybe at club level they have got a grip on it but not international

Only reason we aren't hearing much at this tournament is its in Russia and they are shit scared

"Millwall Supporters’ Club has started a fundraiser to repair the wrecked vehicle, which had to be taken off the road, the London Ambulance Service said.

Their JustGiving page aims to raise £5,000 to cover the cost of repairs.

If an insurance company coughs up, the money raised by the page will instead be donated to the ambulance service."

South Oxfordshire

Only reason we aren't hearing much at this tournament is its in Russia and they are shit scared"

No, we aren't hearing about it because it's not a problem at international level (and I'm just talking English fans - other Countries, including Russia, still do).

There was a concerted effort to ensure that anyone who had been linked to hooliganism in the past had their passports confiscated to ensure there was no trouble.

The only reason why there was trouble in France two years ago was the Russian fans starting trouble.

But, I've had enough of this conversation. You are not going to listen to real fans who actually have experience of going to matches.

South Oxfordshire

""Millwall Supporters’ Club has started a fundraiser to repair the wrecked vehicle, which had to be taken off the road, the London Ambulance Service said.

Their JustGiving page aims to raise £5,000 to cover the cost of repairs.

If an insurance company coughs up, the money raised by the page will instead be donated to the ambulance service.""

True football fans. Millwall have the worst reputation for violence in the UK.

They are thugs and hooligans who happen to like football amongst other things. Not the other way round.

So they are thugs when they get beaten or win."

South Oxfordshire

So they are thugs when they get beaten or win. "

The actual reason for the rise in dv is not the football though. It is drinking.

those are the type that give English people a bad name in football

By *lbert_shlossedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

You know where the word "fan" comes from?.

True "fans" are the actual problem.

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

"

a couple of dozen idiots don't represent the rest.

I'll quote that when sweeping generalisations are made about certain groups on here! "

Like single Men

By *TheBoneMan  over a year ago

Bury, Lancashire

"You do know hubby and son are season ticket holders and also travel to numerous away games in a season. They often chat and drink with opposition supporters before and after the matches. Fighting at matches is a very rare occurrence nowadays."

And that's the way it should be and has been for the real fans.

The only reason its improved over the years is the amount of cctv in and around the grounds. Worst culprits were Man U , Millwall and West Ham fans

By *ara JTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol East

They weren’t at a match.

kildare

Only reason we aren't hearing much at this tournament is its in Russia and they are shit scared

No, we aren't hearing about it because it's not a problem at international level (and I'm just talking English fans - other Countries, including Russia, still do).

There was a concerted effort to ensure that anyone who had been linked to hooliganism in the past had their passports confiscated to ensure there was no trouble.

The only reason why there was trouble in France two years ago was the Russian fans starting trouble.

But, I've had enough of this conversation. You are not going to listen to real fans who actually have experience of going to matches."

I've witnessed English fans rioting in person with my child with me so I know what I'm talking about fella

Thats all very well stopping them going to Russia and they stay at home to cause haboc but what about when its in Europe again and they can't be stopped so easy. More violence against decent fans and so called fans like you defending them and blaming others

South Oxfordshire

But, I've had enough of this conversation. You are not going to listen to real fans who actually have experience of going to matches.

I've witnessed English fans rioting in person with my child with me so I know what I'm talking about fella

Thats all very well stopping them going to Russia and they stay at home to cause haboc but what about when its in Europe again and they can't be stopped so easy. More violence against decent fans and so called fans like you defending them and blaming others"

I'm female.

Horsham

a couple of dozen idiots don't represent the rest,,, we have largely moved on from the bad days.

True fans are not mindless idiots...we watch football.....drink with opposition fans...discuss the game before and after.....we do not run over cars....wreck shops...intimidate people...they are mindless idiots jumping on a band wagon for a few weeks of English football success..."

I recall being told of the Everton & Liverpool derby, the supporters were mixed and everyone sang Merseyside at the end of the game.

By *xxx30Man  over a year ago

york

And this is why I play rugby we just hurt each other on the pitch

And we still drink to much

South Oxfordshire

True fans are not mindless idiots...we watch football.....drink with opposition fans...discuss the game before and after.....we do not run over cars....wreck shops...intimidate people...they are mindless idiots jumping on a band wagon for a few weeks of English football success...

I recall being told of the Everton & Liverpool derby, the supporters were mixed and everyone sang Merseyside at the end of the game."

According to my Dad, football fans were never separated at games. Never any trouble.

Stuff like this happens routinely , especially on weekends around city centres.

Inexcusable but not exactly football hooligans, but rather d*unken idiots? Shame the media has labelled it that way I think.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Is this a rhetorical question?

see York Press ( newspaper ) they got lots of jail here this week !

They're complete twats basically...knob heads of the country

Very few football fans cause any bother.

Car drivers however, always get d*unk and cause accidents, massive pile ups and death.

Horsham

The actual reason for the rise in dv is not the football though. It is drinking."

Police are warning of a rise in domestic violence during the World Cup.

After England's first game against Italy, West Yorkshire Police alone received almost double the number of calls about abuse.

These people are the same in life without football as an excuse. They would beat people up or smash things anyway. It's just easy for the media to post it under the banner of football to get people to notice.

Planet Ork

The actual reason for the rise in dv is not the football though. It is drinking.

After England's first game against Italy, West Yorkshire Police alone received almost double the number of calls about abuse."

Italy weren’t in the World Cup??

Manchester

Seems like they've kicked off big time in Paris

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

Well you don't get cricket holigans or rugby and tennis holigans do you.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

We have some of those moron's living next door.

We are hoping England lose tonight so it doesn't give them an excuse to have a massive d*unken party on Sunday shouting their heads off and smashing the place up if England lose.

Fucking moron's the lot of them.

Horsham

"We have some of those moron's living next door.

We are hoping England lose tonight so it doesn't give them an excuse to have a massive d*unken party on Sunday shouting their heads off and smashing the place up if England lose.

"

Horsham

After England's first game against Italy, West Yorkshire Police alone received almost double the number of calls about abuse.

Italy weren’t in the World Cup??"

Old report, but the results still stand.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Well you don't get cricket holigans or rugby and tennis holigans do you. "

I have seen it 'go off' at cricket during a rain break. Was football chanting that started it along with a few hours worth of drinking

Can't wait for the football to finish tonight so I can go and smash something! I forgot the last few games I watched...how forgetful

Cardiff

It's quite refreshing how I haven't seen any plastic chairs being thrown.

However, if you got some at home and don't get the result you want, throw them around your own patio later to recreate that true fan experience

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

All this talk of segregation is a weird one, non league a lot of fan swap ends. From what I've seen there, the passion is as strong. There are idiots everywhere, fill them with booze and their idiotic behaviour goes off the chart. It all about knowing their limits, they don't.

The ambulance was smashed up in part by a Scots lass by all accounts, international tribalism really has gone mad

"These people are the same in life without football as an excuse. They would beat people up or smash things anyway. It's just easy for the media to post it under the banner of football to get people to notice. "

En ger land en ger land en ger land

It's a mentality I personally hate it a lot of it happens in drink, I really wish it could be stopped but some things unfortunately go hand in hand, cmon England

Manchester

"We have some of those moron's living next door.

"

That's a bit of a selfish attitude if you don't mind me saying

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

"These people are the same in life without football as an excuse. They would beat people up or smash things anyway. It's just easy for the media to post it under the banner of football to get people to notice. "

Exactly. If football went into room 101, would these people stop drinking and become nicer human beings? No, they'd all gravitate to some other social event and we'd be discussing darts hooligans.

PDI Gran Canaria

"These people are the same in life without football as an excuse. They would beat people up or smash things anyway. It's just easy for the media to post it under the banner of football to get people to notice.

Exactly. If football went into room 101, would these people stop drinking and become nicer human beings? No, they'd all gravitate to some other social event and we'd be discussing darts hooligans."

Ouch I think we got the point.

"These people are the same in life without football as an excuse. They would beat people up or smash things anyway. It's just easy for the media to post it under the banner of football to get people to notice.

Exactly. If football went into room 101, would these people stop drinking and become nicer human beings? No, they'd all gravitate to some other social event and we'd be discussing darts hooligans."

Darts hooligans. They'd never be able to get on top of an ambulance. They could maybe kick its wheels.

Cardiff

Exactly. If football went into room 101, would these people stop drinking and become nicer human beings? No, they'd all gravitate to some other social event and we'd be discussing darts hooligans.

Darts hooligans. They'd never be able to get on top of an ambulance. They could maybe kick its wheels. "

haha

There will be loads of trouble tonight. Football fans are all idiots, you don't get such an immature group of people following rugby. All the scum caught causing trouble should of been locked up and released Monday

Only reason we aren't hearing much at this tournament is its in Russia and they are shit scared"

A French woman in Russia has tweeted about being groped by English fans. About them being abusive, swearing and shouting at people in public. So yeah.

I'd like to know why the thugs aren't 'true fans'. Seems that is more than just a few, also.

"There will be loads of trouble tonight. Football fans are all idiots, you don't get such an immature group of people following rugby. All the scum caught causing trouble should of been locked up and released Monday "

Im a football fan. Im not an idiot. However i remember frequently getting abuse and hassle from rugby fans as i walked back to my car following football games. Who are the imature people there ... ?

"There will be loads of trouble tonight. Football fans are all idiots, you don't get such an immature group of people following rugby. All the scum caught causing trouble should of been locked up and released Monday

Im a football fan. Im not an idiot. However i remember frequently getting abuse and hassle from rugby fans as i walked back to my car following football games. Who are the imature people there ... ?"

Majority of football fans are hooligans. Why smash pubs up etc to celebrate winning. Look at the blues game against villa where blues smashed the ground up, there own ground at that. Very mature

Majority of football fans are hooligans

Planet Ork

"

Majority of football fans are hooligans. Why smash pubs up etc to celebrate winning. Look at the blues game against villa where blues smashed the ground up, there own ground at that. Very mature

"

You are talking utter bollocks. There has been less trouble at the local derby games lately than there has been up broad st on a Saturday night. Away fans are only given 1900 tickets now due to police advice and are kept inside the ground until the home fans have been dispersed. Blues fans smashing up their own ground? When? The only report of any damage at St Andrews in recent seasons is Villa fans smashing up the toilets in the away end after being unhappy at being kept behind an hour after the match finished. Take your blinkered and biased views away until you can come back with some proof to back up your accusations please.

Planet Ork

Ok I will help you out.

2017 Blues v villa Eight men aged between 15 and 51 were arrested on suspicion of public order offences, a 23-year-old man was arrested for encroaching on the pitch and a 25-year-old man was arrested for possession of drugs.

That’s 10 arrests in a crowd of almost 30000 people.

2016 West Midlands Police have confirmed that 14 football fans have been arrested following the second city derby between Birmingham City and Aston Villa on Sunday afternoon.

The arrests were for a range of offences including violent disorder, pitch encroachment and affray but police have said that the game, which finished 1-1, passed off without any major disorder. That’s 14 out of 28000.

Different divisions for a few years so back to 2011

A handful of arrests were made during the Birmingham City/Aston Villa derby fixture, police said.

Five people were arrested for drink and drug related offences, said the West Midlands force, which was policing at the Premier League game at St Andrew's.

That’s 5 arrests out of a crowd of 26000.

I’ve done the homework for you.

By *r lotharioMan  over a year ago

newcastle-under-lyme

don't forget when england beat sweden every cell in durham was full - more calls and arrests than on new years eve

Because some men can’t mix alcohol and football. It turns them into mindless drips with shit for brains. Actually, they probably are like that already.

"There will be loads of trouble tonight. Football fans are all idiots, you don't get such an immature group of people following rugby. All the scum caught causing trouble should of been locked up and released Monday

Im a football fan. Im not an idiot. However i remember frequently getting abuse and hassle from rugby fans as i walked back to my car following football games. Who are the imature people there ... ?

"

I disagree with you.

Planet Ork

No you don’t get d*unken hooligans at rugby matches?

REALLY??

A senior police officer has slammed the behaviour of a number of Welsh rugby fans who descended on Cardiff for the weekend's Six Nations clash between Wales and Scotland.

Some supporters were labelled 'a disgrace' and 'a nightmare' for their d*unken antics throughout the day, report Wales Online.

The cop said he would like to show the fans a video of their behaviour when they returned to work 'in their three-piece suits' on Monday morning.

Superintendent Andrew Morgan, of the British Transport Police, said rugby fans could be more difficult to deal with than football fans, who pushed boundaries but generally listened to police officers and kept to a routine.

Planet Ork

Horse racing?

Shock video footage appears to show around 30 racegoers involved in a mass brawl at the Berkshire course which spilled out on the street and left two people with head injuries.

Terrified onlookers were forced to run for safety as men in three-piece suits traded blows, while floor to ceiling windows at the enclosure were smashed by thugs.

Darts? A darts match involving Michael van Gerwen was halted after fans started brawling and throwing chairs at each other.

Boxing??

This is the moment rioting erupted at a Walsall Town Hall boxing event - which ended with a teenager left fighting for life.

The violence began at 11.30pm, with chairs and pints being thrown inside the hall.

Still think it’s just a football problem?

PDI Gran Canaria

"Horse racing?

Shock video footage appears to show around 30 racegoers involved in a mass brawl at the Berkshire course which spilled out on the street and left two people with head injuries.

Terrified onlookers were forced to run for safety as men in three-piece suits traded blows, while floor to ceiling windows at the enclosure were smashed by thugs.

Darts? A darts match involving Michael van Gerwen was halted after fans started brawling and throwing chairs at each other.

Boxing??

This is the moment rioting erupted at a Walsall Town Hall boxing event - which ended with a teenager left fighting for life.

The violence began at 11.30pm, with chairs and pints being thrown inside the hall.

Still think it’s just a football problem?

"

Groups of men + alcohol = chaos.

I'm not sure how arguing that other sports have a hooligan problem negates the fact that football does?

I'm related to quite a well known football hooligan.

I've asked him why....he just likes a fight. That's anout the only logic I can reach.

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

It's not football fans, its the British. We're a naughty bunch of anarchists at heart. Its what makes us great. Its what makes us say "fuck you" to Hitler, Napoleon and Brussels.

Planet Ork

"I'm not sure how arguing that other sports have a hooligan problem negates the fact that football does?"

Because the trouble this week was down to d*unken patriots not football hooligans, they weren’t even attending a football match, most of them have in all probability rarely attended a football match. It’s a problem in society, most people who attend football matches know that there is very rarely a problem with hooliganism at matches now and any little that does occur is generally blown out of all proportion in relation to similar problems encountered at other events. I hope that clears it up for you

"I'm not sure how arguing that other sports have a hooligan problem negates the fact that football does?

Because the trouble this week was down to d*unken patriots not football hooligans, they weren’t even attending a football match, most of them have in all probability rarely attended a football match. It’s a problem in society, most people who attend football matches know that there is very rarely a problem with hooliganism at matches now and any little that does occur is generally blown out of all proportion in relation to similar problems encountered at other events. I hope that clears it up for you "

"I'm related to quite a well known football hooligan.

I've asked him why....he just likes a fight. That's anout the only logic I can reach. "

What other reason were you hoping for? Think I'd be amazed if any of them had a more intricate reason.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"I'm not sure how arguing that other sports have a hooligan problem negates the fact that football does?

Because the trouble this week was down to d*unken patriots not football hooligans, they weren’t even attending a football match, most of them have in all probability rarely attended a football match. It’s a problem in society, most people who attend football matches know that there is very rarely a problem with hooliganism at matches now and any little that does occur is generally blown out of all proportion in relation to similar problems encountered at other events. I hope that clears it up for you "

D*unken patriots, not d*unken football fans?

When England won the Rugby World Cup, when they have won Rugby Six Nations Grand Slam ... I don't remember hearing about any trouble or vandalism happening...

Planet Ork

Because the trouble this week was down to d*unken patriots not football hooligans, they weren’t even attending a football match, most of them have in all probability rarely attended a football match. It’s a problem in society, most people who attend football matches know that there is very rarely a problem with hooliganism at matches now and any little that does occur is generally blown out of all proportion in relation to similar problems encountered at other events. I hope that clears it up for you

D*unken patriots, not d*unken football fans?

When England won the Rugby World Cup, when they have won Rugby Six Nations Grand Slam ... I don't remember hearing about any trouble or vandalism happening..."

Forgive me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that played at 9:00am our time? Even a bit too early for me to get d*unk

Cardiff

For the record, Cardiff is horrible at 2am the night after a 6 nations match. Never as bad as when we had the Wembley games here but the mixture of booze and 'roids don't mix very nicely

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

The only true way to stop all the thugs and idiots is BAN football and bulldoze all the stadiums and turn them into free car parking

salisbury

"The only true way to stop all the thugs and idiots is BAN football and bulldoze all the stadiums and turn them into free car parking "

Then we'd fight over tennis, snooker or darts!

Basingstoke

"The only true way to stop all the thugs and idiots is BAN football and bulldoze all the stadiums and turn them into free car parking

Then we'd fight over tennis, snooker or darts!"

Definately darts

By *om38500Man  over a year ago

mayo

Papers will make interesting reading tomorrow. Not for the game tonight but for how the English fans will react. Just can't help themselves. But I'm sure the Russian cops will teach them a lesson or two. An I know its only a hand full of yobs but they giving English fans a bad name world wide.

salisbury

"The only true way to stop all the thugs and idiots is BAN football and bulldoze all the stadiums and turn them into free car parking

Then we'd fight over tennis, snooker or darts!

Definately darts"

We are still Wellington's scum of the earth!, and I'm kinda proud of that.

Other European fans are a lot worse then the English, They bait them and a lot of the English react, There not angels but neither are other fans

mayo

Ya other fans are bad. But you look at the English fans a lot of the hooligans are from high end jobs an they go abroad to cause trouble. They get off on it

South Oxfordshire

After England's first game against Italy, West Yorkshire Police alone received almost double the number of calls about abuse."

Italy didn't qualify for the finals

South Oxfordshire

"

I think you need to learn the difference between majority and minority. It is the minority of fans that cause trouble. Most games are family friendly and very safe.

salisbury

"Papers will make interesting reading tomorrow. Not for the game tonight but for how the English fans will react. Just can't help themselves. But I'm sure the Russian cops will teach them a lesson or two. An I know its only a hand full of yobs but they giving English fans a bad name world wide. "

I haven't seen any reports of trouble out there so far?

Basingstoke

"Papers will make interesting reading tomorrow. Not for the game tonight but for how the English fans will react. Just can't help themselves. But I'm sure the Russian cops will teach them a lesson or two. An I know its only a hand full of yobs but they giving English fans a bad name world wide.

I haven't seen any reports of trouble out there so far?"

All the hooligans are preoccupied with the trump protest

Cardiff

"Papers will make interesting reading tomorrow. Not for the game tonight but for how the English fans will react. Just can't help themselves. But I'm sure the Russian cops will teach them a lesson or two. An I know its only a hand full of yobs but they giving English fans a bad name world wide.

I haven't seen any reports of trouble out there so far?"

105 England arrests in England from last night. Sky sports said that this morning

Planet Ork

105 England arrests in England from last night. Sky sports said that this morning"

Viewing figures of 26 million in this country and 105 arrests

By *appytrailmanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

This might not be a popular opinion but I would not class these as football hooligans, these are just idiots who can't handle their alcohol and think they are hard doing this for no reason at all. Hooligans don't fight with cars in my opinion.

kildare

105 England arrests in England from last night. Sky sports said that this morning

Viewing figures of 26 million in this country and 105 arrests "

Do you mean with so many watching only a few were arrested?

By *W ChapMan  over a year ago

Swindon

105 England arrests in England from last night. Sky sports said that this morning"

Wonder how many pub related arrests every weekend.....? wouldn't mind betting the same if not more.

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

This might not be a popular opinion but I would not class these as football hooligans, these are just idiots who can't handle their alcohol and think they are hard doing this for no reason at all. Hooligans don't fight with cars in my opinion. "

Totally agree .

kildare

This might not be a popular opinion but I would not class these as football hooligans, these are just idiots who can't handle their alcohol and think they are hard doing this for no reason at all. Hooligans don't fight with cars in my opinion. "

No they fight with opposing fans but thankfully they were stopped going to Russia and kept away from decent fans

By *loswingersCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

All the hooligans are preoccupied with the trump protest"

Wouldn’t surprise me .

And I can’t see that ending well for us as a country

By *rwhite30Man  over a year ago

deptford London

the russians were disgusting in France 2016, every one forgot that? what did they do to stage the tournament this year?????

By *W ChapMan  over a year ago

Swindon

"the russians were disgusting in France 2016, every one forgot that? what did they do to stage the tournament this year?????"

€€€€€€€€€€€ to FIFA - a few years ago

kildare

"the russians were disgusting in France 2016, every one forgot that? what did they do to stage the tournament this year?????"

Pot kettle

Planet Ork

Viewing figures of 26 million in this country and 105 arrests

Do you mean with so many watching only a few were arrested?"

Exactly that.

deptford London

"the russians were disgusting in France 2016, every one forgot that? what did they do to stage the tournament this year?????

Pot kettle "

The Russians were targeting England fans, taking drugs to get them going, and training for the event to hurt people...hardly pot kettle is it

"I suppose they just take their lead off the players. After all the last time England beat Sweden in a world cup match Stan collymore leathered Ulrika Johnson. The fans have just taken it to a new level "

Stans attack on Ulrika was during 1998 World Cup because she was drinking with Scotland fans

I'm Sure England didn't play Sweden then ?

Cardiff

England fans kicked off on the Thursday night before their first game. Throwing bottles, chairs '10 English bombers' and all that usual shit

Cardiff

Viewing figures of 26 million in this country and 105 arrests "

Yeah it's really good.

No, not really. I don't know the nature of the arrests but the reporter did say 'football related'

deptford London

"the russians were disgusting in France 2016, every one forgot that? what did they do to stage the tournament this year?????

England fans kicked off on the Thursday night before their first game. Throwing bottles, chairs '10 English bombers' and all that usual shit"

not saying they dont do dumb ass stuff, d*unk mugs, but planned attacks are another ball game

Cardiff

England fans kicked off on the Thursday night before their first game. Throwing bottles, chairs '10 English bombers' and all that usual shit

not saying they dont do dumb ass stuff, d*unk mugs, but planned attacks are another ball game"

The lads stood in Marseille throwing bottles before Russia came down the side street deserved what they got.

The innocent English, genuine football supporters didn't deserve it. They got their mates and Russian hooligans to thank for that.

deptford London

not saying they dont do dumb ass stuff, d*unk mugs, but planned attacks are another ball game

The lads stood in Marseille throwing bottles before Russia came down the side street deserved what they got.

The innocent English, genuine football supporters didn't deserve it. They got their mates and Russian hooligans to thank for that."

so as i said, how do you behave like that and get given the tournament

Cardiff

The innocent English, genuine football supporters didn't deserve it. They got their mates and Russian hooligans to thank for that.

so as i said, how do you behave like that and get given the tournament "

At the time of award FIFA were corrupt as fuck at the decisions level. Still might be.

The Euros were after the award of the hosting. They could of reversed it but after being warned to behave they did (it was only England they went after in France) .

Putin would of guaranteed no trouble if he was asked about it I'm sure.

I'm glad Russia got given it, they have done a fantastic job with it so far.

deptford London

At the time of award FIFA were corrupt as fuck at the decisions level. Still might be.

The Euros were after the award of the hosting. They could of reversed it but after being warned to behave they did (it was only England they went after in France) .

I'm glad Russia got given it, they have done a fantastic job with it so far."

yes you are right, there was no trouble, i thought there was going to be loads, as before you had the hooligans saying they will do this and do that

Cardiff

I'm glad Russia got given it, they have done a fantastic job with it so far.

yes you are right, there was no trouble, i thought there was going to be loads, as before you had the hooligans saying they will do this and do that"

I don't know how the he'll he's done it but it shows he's the boss.

Even during France Putin didn't critice the Russian hoolies, kind of defended them instead.

I bet they all go back to their usual ways once their league stuff restarts.

hopefully this is a new start for them, the arranged fights will continue but I've not heard of any racist stuff happening. Hopefully that remains.

Qatar 2022 - fuck right off. Just do sent appeal to me but hey Ho, if Wales make it no doubt I will be all over it. Wouldn't go though.

South Oxfordshire

Pot kettle "

The Russians started on the English fans. That is a well documented fact.

kildare

Pot kettle

The Russians started on the English fans. That is a well documented fact."

Wrong. English fans rioted in Marseille on the Fri

Russian fans attacked English on Saturday before the game

Manchester

[Removed by poster at 12/07/18 18:38:02]

South Oxfordshire

Pot kettle

"

The English fans did not start any riot they were in. Now you remind me that there was trouble both nights, I remember that the Marseille fans attacked the English fans first.

kildare

Pot kettle

The English fans did not start any riot they were in. Now you remind me that there was trouble both nights, I remember that the Marseille fans attacked the English fans first."

That's completely untrue

First the Russians attacked you then the French. All rubbish

The English fans started rioting on the Friday night the same as they do at every tournament

You're trying to defend the indefensible

South Oxfordshire

Pot kettle

The English fans did not start any riot they were in. Now you remind me that there was trouble both nights, I remember that the Marseille fans attacked the English fans first.

That's completely untrue

The English fans started rioting on the Friday night the same as they do at every tournament

"

Find me a link to an article that says I'm wrong.

kildare

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

Find me a link to an article that says I'm wrong."

Look up eufa euro 2016 fan violence on Wikipedia

And every other article that covers the violence on 10 June

Every time I see the English team fail at tournaments it proves to me that there is such a thing as karma

deptford London

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

Every time I see the English team fail at tournaments it proves to me that there is such a thing as karma "

come on the boys going to be 3rd or 4th best team in the world !!!!

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

[Removed by poster at 13/07/18 09:25:28]

salisbury

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

Every time I see the English team fail at tournaments it proves to me that there is such a thing as karma

come on the boys going to be 3rd or 4th best team in the world !!!!"

Exactly this. and proud to be with the youngest squad.

deptford London

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

come on the boys going to be 3rd or 4th best team in the world !!!!

Exactly this. and proud to be with the youngest squad. "

all hooligans are mugs, no matter what country they are from!! Come on the Lions

salisbury

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

Every time I see the English team fail at tournaments it proves to me that there is such a thing as karma "

This is rich... An Irishman moaning about crowds of unruly, violent young men..... i didn't see any Molotov cocktails... you talk about karma, is this why there was no Irish at the finals?

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

Over 35,000 British lions rugby fans travel to the Southern Hemisphere to watch them play with about dozen arrests each time , and football fans don’t use the excuse that football fans are more passionate because it just isn’t true

deptford London

Why do football fans have such a bad repution as mindless thugs and hooligans? Over 35,000 British lions rugby fans travel to the Southern Hemisphere to watch them play with about dozen arrests each time , and football fans don’t use the excuse that football fans are more passionate because it just isn’t true "

rugby are hooligans on the pitch, punching and fighting

Cardiff

Why do football fans have such a bad repution as mindless thugs and hooligans? Over 35,000 British lions rugby fans travel to the Southern Hemisphere to watch them play with about dozen arrests each time , and football fans don’t use the excuse that football fans are more passionate because it just isn’t true "

Cardiff at 2am is utter carnage on any 6 nations day. It's not hooliganism but pissed up rugby fans ain't all angels.

In fact the stadium is bringing in acholol free zones

deptford London

Why do football fans have such a bad repution as mindless thugs and hooligans? Over 35,000 British lions rugby fans travel to the Southern Hemisphere to watch them play with about dozen arrests each time , and football fans don’t use the excuse that football fans are more passionate because it just isn’t true

Cardiff at 2am is utter carnage on any 6 nations day. It's not hooliganism but pissed up rugby fans ain't all angels.

In fact the stadium is bringing in acholol free zones"

all football in the prem is no drinking, in the world cup they were allowed to drink right?

Cardiff

Why do football fans have such a bad repution as mindless thugs and hooligans? Over 35,000 British lions rugby fans travel to the Southern Hemisphere to watch them play with about dozen arrests each time , and football fans don’t use the excuse that football fans are more passionate because it just isn’t true

In fact the stadium is bringing in acholol free zones

all football in the prem is no drinking, in the world cup they were allowed to drink right?"

Not sure.

kildare

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

This is rich... An Irishman moaning about crowds of unruly, violent young men..... i didn't see any Molotov cocktails... you talk about karma, is this why there was no Irish at the finals?"

English fan getting racist and nasty,there's a surprise

Anyhoos you say unruly violent young men

I say well trained guerrilla army and our karma is good

deptford London

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

This is rich... An Irishman moaning about crowds of unruly, violent young men..... i didn't see any Molotov cocktails... you talk about karma, is this why there was no Irish at the finals?

I say well trained guerrilla army and our karma is good "

turn it in mate

mayo

What you mean bout Irishmen moaning

Few bad eggs give a bad name to all football fans

deptford London

"Few bad eggs give a bad name to all football fans "

spot on

salisbury

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

I say well trained guerrilla army and our karma is good "

Amazing! An Irishman doesn't understand what a racist is....

South Oxfordshire

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

How have England failed at this tournament? They have gone all the way to the end. Only four teams play every game in every stage and we are one of them!

deptford London

Pot kettle

That's completely untrue

How have England failed at this tournament? They have gone all the way to the end. Only four teams play every game in every stage and we are one of them!"

They havent failed in a general sense, but they have failed to win it like 31 other teams, and a good few were ranked higher than us, we did extremely well and i am so so proud, no failures here only good men who we are all proud of

"Few bad eggs give a bad name to all football fans "

*fist bump*

There not football hooligans never have been never will be only thing that a football hooligan does is have a scrap with some one else or another group of lads from other team who want the same thing has gone on forever and will continue to go on will never stop. But for those that just go round causing trouble with anyone and smashing stuff up are not and never will be.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

What about the none football fans who fight and smash up things when d*unk and leaving pubs and clubs.

It's nothing like it was in my youth and proper hooligans only fight those who want to fight.

If a hooligan hits a scarfer then he wants a good slap

What about the none football fans who fight and smash up things when d*unk and leaving pubs and clubs.

It's nothing like it was in my youth and proper hooligans only fight those who want to fight.

"

Proper hooligans. Is there an exam?

What's a scarfer?

Bring back the 70's I say. They are just a bunch of babies these days letting the Russians do them in France.

Wouldn't have happened in the 70's

salisbury

What's a scarfer?"

A football supporter rather than someone in a "firm" etc.

What's a scarfer?"

Someone who's where shirt or just in general colours always said shirter where am from but same rule if anyone does they want a slap and if the older lads seen it they would be getting one

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

What's a scarfer?"

There's a kind of exam.

If you leg it and leave your mates when it kicks off you've failed !

kildare

What's a scarfer?

Someone who's where shirt or just in general colours always said shirter where am from but same rule if anyone does they want a slap and if the older lads seen it they would be getting one"

Well I think I can speak for all of us here this evening and say well said sir

Well said

Manchester

Had Liverpool fans throwing smoke bombs at me today....Still wouldn't even consider them hooligans just idiots

Kids have to kick off every now and then, it's only right. I've been worried that we've raised a generation that only know how to speak its mind on twitter or fb. It's good to see they can still rebel when such an occasion arises.

I put a lot of the submissive attitude down to the music that kids are into now, most of the bands are shite, singing about nothing in particular. Where are today's Strummers and Wellers?

I was in New St station after the England game not an hour or 2 ago and a load of Stoke fans arrived from Walsall looking for their connection after a friendly. For whatever reason it all kicked off against somebody or other on the platform I was waiting at.

They were mostly just kids so I wasn't worried in anyway and I did see an old woman and a mother with 2 kids onto our train when they were looking a but stressed by it all but really, you'e got to allow the kids to rebel a bit, conforming can be just too restricting at times.

kildare

"Kids have to kick off every now and then, it's only right. I've been worried that we've raised a generation that only know how to speak its mind on twitter or fb. It's good to see they can still rebel when such an occasion arises.

I put a lot of the submissive attitude down to the music that kids are into now, most of the bands are shite, singing about nothing in particular. Where are today's Strummers and Wellers?

I was in New St station after the England game not an hour or 2 ago and a load of Stoke fans arrived from Walsall looking for their connection after a friendly. For whatever reason it all kicked off against somebody or other on the platform I was waiting at.

They were mostly just kids so I wasn't worried in anyway and I did see an old woman and a mother with 2 kids onto our train when they were looking a but stressed by it all but really, you'e got to allow the kids to rebel a bit, conforming can be just too restricting at times.

"

Maybe if the kids put their energy intp activities on the pitch you might be able to compete with the big boys of world football and not be a second rate team with laughable pretensions of your place in the game

"Kids have to kick off every now and then, it's only right. I've been worried that we've raised a generation that only know how to speak its mind on twitter or fb. It's good to see they can still rebel when such an occasion arises.

Maybe if the kids put their energy intp activities on the pitch you might be able to compete with the big boys of world football and not be a second rate team with laughable pretensions of your place in the game"

Lol, like Ireland you mean? Let's face it pal, aside from it making little sense; your comment is born out of bigotry and prejudice.

Most who are doing that probably don't even go to football, i've been pissed and celebrating heavily but not once thought "i know i'll smash up an ambulance"

kildare

Maybe if the kids put their energy intp activities on the pitch you might be able to compete with the big boys of world football and not be a second rate team with laughable pretensions of your place in the game

Lol, like Ireland you mean? Let's face it pal, aside from it making little sense; your comment is born out of bigotry and prejudice."

If being anti football violence is being prejudiced against British people then so be it

From so many replies here defending football violence but then even supporting football violence I'm starting to think its something in the English mindset and psyche that craves mindless violence

Lol, like Ireland you mean? Let's face it pal, aside from it making little sense; your comment is born out of bigotry and prejudice.

If being anti football violence is being prejudiced against British people then so be it

From so many replies here defending football violence but then even supporting football violence I'm starting to think its something in the English mindset and psyche that craves mindless violence"

Starting to think that, lol? Like I intimated; your views are tainted. They'd be more at home on one of the Glasgow "bigot brothers" forums.

kildare

From so many replies here defending football violence but then even supporting football violence I'm starting to think its something in the English mindset and psyche that craves mindless violence

Starting to think that, lol? Like I intimated; your views are tainted. They'd be more at home on one of the Glasgow "bigot brothers" forums."

I'm Irish but the Glasgow bigot brothers forum sounds worth a look. For the craic like

Grrrrr

South Oxfordshire

From so many replies here defending football violence but then even supporting football violence I'm starting to think its something in the English mindset and psyche that craves mindless violence"

I don't think anyone is condoning football violence? They are just pointing out that other people are dr*nk and violent too.

kildare

I don't think anyone is condoning football violence? They are just pointing out that other people are dr*nk and violent too."

At the top of this post that you have quoted the posted does exactly that and condones and justifies football violence

Earlier posters were saying poor English fans attacked by Russian fans at euros in France

The fact is English fans rioted with cops on the Fri before the Russian game and Russian fans attacked English fans on the Saturday. The next day

Apologists and justifiers of English fan violence of which there are many are a huge part of the problem

By *ion xxMan  over a year ago

coventry

Can't be arsed to read thru all of the thread but they are not 'football hooligans'....Just piss heads who can't handle the drink. Pic of a girl on the ambulance...Is she a football hooligan....No.

The End