FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > More police funding to find Madeline McCann

More police funding to find Madeline McCann

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Another £154,000 has been given to the police to continue the search for Maddie McCann.

Total so far £11 million.

I’m not sure they will ever find her. I’m also unsure that other cases get equal treatment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t agree with additional funding.

Don't get me started about this

It makes my blood boil that they get all this funding

Yet other cases have had funding stopped

I stick with that the poor little girl is not alive and her parents know this

A simple lie detector test would solve a lot I think

By *hips n FursMan  over a year ago

Huddersfield

Haven't the police said it is for their final line of enquiries. So it looks like it's coming to a end.

"A simple lie detector test would solve a lot I think "

Unfortunately they are not reliable.

I don't agree with the funding. Should be closed now in my opinion, other morw recent cases that should get this funding with a better chance of solving them.

The whole saga has stank from day one.

What's with the McCanns that makes the authorities bend over backwards for them?

The investigation into the missing RAF guy has been dropped Could it be that he was perhaps too unconventional in his recreational activities and not a middle class Dr ??

Don't agree with the funding but suspect accountants and not investigating police officers that made the decision realising it's cheaper in the long run than facing a legal challenge.

"The investigation into the missing RAF guy has been dropped Could it be that he was perhaps too unconventional in his recreational activities and not a middle class Dr ??"

They've thrown a hell of a lot of money at that too. But suspect that decision is nothing to do with his lifestyle and more that they have exhausted the only plausible lead

I wonder if we will ever find out what happened to her in our lifetime??

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

What a waste of money I'm so convinced the parents know!!

"The investigation into the missing RAF guy has been dropped Could it be that he was perhaps too unconventional in his recreational activities and not a middle class Dr ??

They've thrown a hell of a lot of money at that too. But suspect that decision is nothing to do with his lifestyle and more that they have exhausted the only plausible lead "

£1.2 million I believe In his search

It's a money making scheme for the parents x

By *sianMancMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"What a waste of money I'm so convinced the parents know!! "

Hear hear...im so convinced that they know oh too well

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"The investigation into the missing RAF guy has been dropped Could it be that he was perhaps too unconventional in his recreational activities and not a middle class Dr ??

They've thrown a hell of a lot of money at that too. But suspect that decision is nothing to do with his lifestyle and more that they have exhausted the only plausible lead "

There’s a piece about him in the news today. Now saying they feel he may have killed himself after believing he was about to become a father?

No parent leaves kids alone in room while go to meet friends .its terrible parenting in my opinion and yes fund it until they get arrested .

It was and remains a sad story but it was a long time ago now and I can't help but feel sorry for her siblings growing up amongst all the attention,they must feel neglected and second best to a degree x

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

They've thrown a hell of a lot of money at that too. But suspect that decision is nothing to do with his lifestyle and more that they have exhausted the only plausible lead

£1.2 million I believe In his search "

£2.1 being reported..

fact is that where he or her to be one of our own the numbers would not be that much of an issue in the desire to know the answer..

By *oxycouple28Couple  over a year ago

bexley

Where has the money come from for this funding? Because they have been raising money for ages the Mccans may have put it forward..

By *sianMancMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"It was and remains a sad story but it was a long time ago now and I can't help but feel sorry for her siblings growing up amongst all the attention,they must feel neglected and second best to a degree x"

I have to agree. It's having an effect for sure. I'm sure as a family they're happy the search continues but its awful for those in similar situations that never get this much support.

"I wonder if we will ever find out what happened to her in our lifetime??"

By *ky19Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

They won't find her, she already died in 2007, the McCanns have been lying all along. Kate is looking like she could crack soon but I'm not sure there will ever be a confession.

Too many experts, plus the Portuguese police have seen through the whole sham. It just shows how much

For anyone interested, there is so much covering this on YouTube among other places. It can be hard to hear if you're so used to hearing the opposite for more than 10 years. So it can be difficult to have an open mind by this point.

Statement analyist Peter Hyatt, who trains the FBI among others, in detecting deception, went on record as willing to stake his career and the whole science of statement analysis, on his conclusion that the McCanns have been deceptive and have guilty knowledge of what happened to their daughter.

The Madeleine McCann case is a huge issue for me at the moment, I can post so much more but that's enough for one post. x

Plymouth

The Peter Hyatt analysis is the most damning I have come across. He also concluded a strong possibility of sexual abuse amongst other revelations.

Around the world, especially Australia etc the media report the case differently. In the UK we only ever hear the official side and nothing else, at least not seriously.

The McCanns have also spent most of their donations on legal affairs to silence anyone questioning their narrative.

Plymouth

I know this can be hard to hear and maybe I haven't handled it well, just dropping it all in suddenly as a bombshell. Maybe should have tried to offer it more gently and palatably.

Just wanted this to be known as I really had no idea myself til just few weeks ago.

Peace x

"The Peter Hyatt analysis is the most damning I have come across. He also concluded a strong possibility of sexual abuse amongst other revelations.

Around the world, especially Australia etc the media report the case differently. In the UK we only ever hear the official side and nothing else, at least not seriously.

The McCanns have also spent most of their donations on legal affairs to silence anyone questioning their narrative."

How do they report it in other countries?

"The whole saga has stank from day one.

What's with the McCanns that makes the authorities bend over backwards for them?"

Cos they have money and money talks

They should charge the pair of them ,for deliberately leaving those kids alone,they are covering up what happened to her lying scum

By *s_macWoman  over a year ago

Traffic land

"Where has the money come from for this funding? Because they have been raising money for ages the Mccans may have put it forward..

"

Th Met Police applied for funding from the government

I have always believed that the McCanns and 'some people in high places' know exactly what happened to little Maddie.

Total waste of 11 million!!!

There's a lot of people stating that the family are lying and covering up. Perhaps you could pass on the factual evidence you have, to the investigators to save money?

And while the world laments over Madeleine McCann, Alan Bennett, brother of Moors Murderers victim Keith Bennett is funding his own search for his brother. The authorities ran out of funding for the search years ago and not prepared to look unless any significant evidence is uncovered.

He's not even allowed to access Brady's papers, to look for anything if interest even this long after Brady's death.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Might as well just let Kate McCann kick poor Kerry Needham in the face.

C***s!

" There's a lot of people stating that the family are lying and covering up. Perhaps you could pass on the factual evidence you have, to the investigators to save money?"

The facts still remain clear to me that the parents left the children in a hotel room alone while they wined and dined...had this happened to an average working class family or even benefits claimants their whole life would of been dragged through the mud and I doubt the amount of money would of been spent on the search. I will always think the parents had something to do with it!

By *egs11ABCWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

They refused to take one. As a mother I have to say they disnt come across well in the media and if that had been working class parents they wd be in prison. For them the whole thing has been aboit money and they r g.p's and admitted giving thier kids adult drugs to sedate them. That enuf is a chargeable offence. Far too many discrepancies in the case x

"Might as well just let Kate McCann kick poor Kerry Needham in the face.

C***s!"

I was thinking that Ben Needham's mum should ask why she wasn't given millions in funding to find her boy. Do they have to justify their reasons for releasing the funds? Where is the money coming from?

" There's a lot of people stating that the family are lying and covering up. Perhaps you could pass on the factual evidence you have, to the investigators to save money?"

What factual evidence do the police have to warrant even more finding to carry on the investigation? Has it been publicised anywhere?

"Another £154,000 has been given to the police to continue the search for Maddie McCann.

I’m not sure they will ever find her. I’m also unsure that other cases get equal they treatment. "

they have got away with murder literally as there drs any normal family would have been jumped on at least for leaving them alone these 2 murderers haven't faced any form of criminal charges total joke another Dr left her kid alone on a lounger in the sea whilst she went for a swim the kid was swept a mile out kid was ok as the mother conveniently jumped on a jet ski to her no-one batted an eyelid yet normal parents arrested no doubt

What's with the McCanns that makes the authorities bend over backwards for them?

Cos they have money and money talks"

But they don't, well not the sort of money that buys this sort of influence. They aren't poor but the notion that a hospital consultant is part of this country's elite is laughable.

I have no idea why the media, police and government seemingly pander to the McCann's bit their comparative wealth isn;t the reason

By *egs11ABCWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

What's with the McCanns that makes the authorities bend over backwards for them?"

Something definatley stinks. I trained as a nurse and years a go a colleague was investigated by the GMC for leaving the drugs trolley unlocked to run and see to and emergency yet 2 middle class doctors administer drugs illegally to their kids so they could got out without them and not a word said x

Whatever happened to innocent until proved guilty? All you have is speculation and a lot of experts making money by touting their opinions. Personally I don't believe Kate McCann killed Madeleine, either on purpose or by accident. It was the norm on that holiday complex to leave kids in the apartments while parents had dinner, it wasn't only the McCanns who did it. Yes a lot of money has been thrown at the case, that I do not disagree with. But it's not right to continually accuse a person/persons of killing their child and disposing of it, with no hard evidence. It's a bit of a witch hunt really isn't it? X

"Might as well just let Kate McCann kick poor Kerry Needham in the face.

C***s!"

Ben Needham was allowed to play outside where heavy plant was operating and got run over killed and buried. That is also neglect.

But they don't, well not the sort of money that buys this sort of influence. They aren't poor but the notion that a hospital consultant is part of this country's elite is laughable.

I have no idea why the media, police and government seemingly pander to the McCann's bit their comparative wealth isn;t the reason"

I do believe though they were provided with top notch legal advice where I do think they got on a discount rate..

Imagine what missing persons helpline could have done with that money

" There's a lot of people stating that the family are lying and covering up. Perhaps you could pass on the factual evidence you have, to the investigators to save money?

The facts still remain clear to me that the parents left the children in a hotel room alone while they wined and dined...had this happened to an average working class family or even benefits claimants their whole life would of been dragged through the mud and I doubt the amount of money would of been spent on the search. I will always think the parents had something to do with it! "

But on the flip side, because they're relatively affluent, they're immediately hated and accused of abusing influence and manipulating the investigation.

I can't discount they had something to with it, or that their decisions were poor.

But for people to make statements of their guilt and intent as more than just opinion smacks of lynch mob mentality.

" There's a lot of people stating that the family are lying and covering up. Perhaps you could pass on the factual evidence you have, to the investigators to save money?

The facts still remain clear to me that the parents left the children in a hotel room alone while they wined and dined...had this happened to an average working class family or even benefits claimants their whole life would of been dragged through the mud and I doubt the amount of money would of been spent on the search. I will always think the parents had something to do with it!

But on the flip side, because they're relatively affluent, they're immediately hated and accused of abusing influence and manipulating the investigation.

I can't discount they had something to with it, or that their decisions were poor.

But for people to make statements of their guilt and intent as more than just opinion smacks of lynch mob mentality.

"

I've never had a lynch mob mentality I can't I'm my normal world I'm pretty level headed person who see things from all angles but I think we are going up have a different opinion regarding this and I do still believe the parents had some part to play...it's all too muddy for me

I have no idea why the media, police and government seemingly pander to the McCann's bit their comparative wealth isn;t the reason"

That's my thoughts, when it happened my eldest two were the same age Maddie and the twins, and I recall thinking how stupid of them to be left alone, and the feeling that she wouldn't be found, sadly I've not been proved wrong.

Something does feel odd about the whole case, with it being such a tragic case you'd expect more compassion despite their wrongdoing.

Ginger

Victims of Grenfell have still not been rehoused but the government have money for this

[Removed by poster at 27/03/18 20:17:41]

"Victims of Grenfell have still not been rehoused but the government have money for this "

Because they have yet to find long term affordable housing...and also many have refused offers of long term housing as it's not in their preferred areas..

"

Thwey weren;t immediately hated. For days this was the lead news story with huge public sympathy and support. They wouldn;t have raised over a million in donations without huge support.

It was some time before the questions and cynicism started, fuelled in part by the McCann;s constant self publicising and the realisation that the donations weren;t to a charity and had merely bankrolled them by paying their mortgage

Think it’s time to say enough is enough

It’s very sad she hasn’t been found.

Ben needham never got this funding

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

Whatever happened to her we may never find out, but I know one thing if she was my child I would beg borrow and steal for the funds to help me find her or the truth behind her disappearance

By *inkyDom96Man  over a year ago

Yarmouth

I’m not a father or anything near to being a parent but surely it’s common sense not to leave all 3 kids alone, in a different country and leave the doors unlocked... the whole story is completely off, if my child had gone missing, there’s no way I would write books, make films and enjoy the “fame” that poor girl has made them millions

"Whatever happened to her we may never find out, but I know one thing if she was my child I would beg borrow and steal for the funds to help me find her or the truth behind her disappearance"

But would you pay off your mortgage with donations?

"Whatever happened to her we may never find out, but I know one thing if she was my child I would beg borrow and steal for the funds to help me find her or the truth behind her disappearance"

Me too

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan  over a year ago

"Whatever happened to her we may never find out, but I know one thing if she was my child I would beg borrow and steal for the funds to help me find her or the truth behind her disappearance

But would you pay off your mortgage with donations? "

I don't know all the details so just looked it up,

Money was made available for the family's living expenses and they made two payments on their mortgage

"Whatever happened to her we may never find out, but I know one thing if she was my child I would beg borrow and steal for the funds to help me find her or the truth behind her disappearance

But would you pay off your mortgage with donations?

I don't know all the details so just looked it up,

Money was made available for the family's living expenses and they made two payments on their mortgage

"

I found that info online too. Neither of them were working at the time but Gerry was about to go back to work so it seems it was just to help them out at that time.

Plymouth

There is no hate for the McCanns themselves from me. I don't want to demonise them, but I want the truth to get out. One reason being it would show for all to see how unreliable the media really is/can be. This is why I personally have doubts about some issues and am disbelieving of others.

The McCanns having money has nothing to do with it whatsoever. The money they've received isn't an issue for me, I don't care. But they are shady people involved with shady people, just not really normal.

They were holidaying with 3 other couples. The year before, another couple holidayed with the McCanns and the others. After the case came out a year later, they made a statement telling how one of the friends was conversing with Gerry and suddenly said "Would Maddie do this?" while putting his finger in and out of his mouth suggestively and circling his nipple. The couple who witnessed this were like "hang on, did he just do that?" and were pretty shocked that Gerry wasn't fazed and was laughing.

The couple who witnessed this (they were all having dinner I think) found that quite disturbing and from then on wouldn't let the guy and his wife bathe their children anymore. They all bathed each others children regularly. So a year later when the case came out they reported this to the police.

This was never reported in the media as far as I know.

Then there was Jane Tanner's statement to police in which she made sexual jokes and innuendos, such as the men in the group needing their "needs met", inappropriate for a missing child case.

While it doesn't prove anything obviously, and I personally don't believe the group are paedos, it does all suggest a culture between the group of boundaries much loosed than is considered normal.

Then there's the make up photo, released 3 years later by another family member, without the McCann's go ahead, showing Maddie in blue eye shadow, lipstick, necklace and bow in her hair.

This caused a stir and had Kate rushing to excuse it as having raided mummy's box. Kate wanted us to believe a 3 year girl had applied the make up perfectly neatly, tied the bow in her hair and put the necklace on herself. Of course we need to be open to the possibility, on the other hand you can believe she was made up by an adult.

Just seems a bit off for a girl that young, but that's just opinion.

"Victims of Grenfell have still not been rehoused but the government have money for this

Because they have yet to find long term affordable housing...and also many have refused offers of long term housing as it's not in their preferred areas.. "

Ah well that makes it ok then, obviously

They've offered the Grenfell victims £20mill to share between 140 people and given this idiot family £11mill for their daughter

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'm guessing she'll never be found and is dead. If the new search doesn't follow really good new evidence, it seems a pity to be using it.

It should be spent on tourcher treatment on the McCanns so they finally tell everyone where her body is.

That poor little angel needs a real resting place instead of where they have dumped her to cover there tracks.

I don't suppose this will be the final push or the last of the funding, pretty sure its all been said before.

I also don't believe it will bring the case any closer to finding her dead or alive.

I'm not convinced that the answer doesn't lie with her parents and their friends but maybe because I don't understand the mentality of leaving small children in strange apartments, alone, miles from home, so I can eat and drink. I've read a lot on it, and nothing much adds up, but then it isn't going too whilst she's still missing or her body remains unfound.

Plymouth

The investigators won't look at it. In the UK investigation, they won't start from scratch and try to find out what happened. Their mandate is to start off with it was an abduction, and investigate it as an abduction.

The Portuguese police started their investigation properly, by starting from scratch trying to find what happened. They didn't start off with a theory/conclusion I.e. it was an abduction.

Criminal profiler Pat Brown has gone on record against the McCanns.

Again I recommend statement analyst Peter Hyatt. Www.Hyatt analysis.com which I find pretty fascinating. He trains the FBI at their academy in Quantico.

There is a YouTube video I recently discovered, pretty much by accident, where Hyatt speaks in depth about the McCanns. I find it quite hard to argue with it.

I trust that more than I trust the official media version.

Plymouth

The only one I can find who was lynch mobbed was Goncalo Amoral of the Portuguese Judiciary, by the McCanns themselves!

Thankfully their legal battle victory to silence him, using everybody's donations which were meant to go towards finding Madeleine, was overturned and he has been free to speak!

One of my grandsons was in Madeline's class at school. He is 14 now.

In my opinion there is zero chance that she is still alive...

"Another £154,000 has been given to the police to continue the search for Maddie McCann.

I’m not sure they will ever find her. I’m also unsure that other cases get equal treatment. "

in london eve standard.

Scotland Yard records children as absent for a maximum of 24 hours before they are upgraded to missing. All under-13s are recorded as missing. The report found each missing person investigation costs police on average between £1,325 and £2,415

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Don't get me started about this

It makes my blood boil that they get all this funding

Yet other cases have had funding stopped

I stick with that the poor little girl is not alive and her parents know this "

Plymouth

The problem is this stuff isn't reported in the media, or if it is, only to be handwaved away, such as Kate's "oh she raided mummy's makeup bag" explanation.

This is the main reason most people might struggle to hear a lot of this stuff. It's just not what we're used to hearing!

Plymouth

The reason the McCanns refused to take a lie detector test is probably because their lies would have been detected.

I watched the Jamie Bulger documentary a week or so ago, the pain on his mother's face and in her voice was near enough unbearable to watch, compare that to the McScamm pair, enough is enough in my opinion.

"Victims of Grenfell have still not been rehoused but the government have money for this

Because they have yet to find long term affordable housing...and also many have refused offers of long term housing as it's not in their preferred areas.. "

The ones who falsely claimed loss of loved ones got free housing. Courtesy of HMP

There are a lot of children who go missing every year. It’s a shame this money can’t go into funding towards finding them.

"The problem is this stuff isn't reported in the media, or if it is, only to be handwaved away, such as Kate's "oh she raided mummy's makeup bag" explanation.

This is the main reason most people might struggle to hear a lot of this stuff. It's just not what we're used to hearing!"

There has been lots of negative stuff about them reported in the media. We are used to hearing/reading negative reports about them.

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"It should be spent on tourcher treatment on the McCanns so they finally tell everyone where her body is.

"

Did you really type that ?

I’m not sure they will ever find her. I’m also unsure that other cases get equal treatment. "

If we could keep child abduction off Fab that'd be great. Thanks

I’m not sure they will ever find her. I’m also unsure that other cases get equal treatment. If we could keep child abduction off Fab that'd be great. Thanks"

Why ?

By *alking DisasterWoman  over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

"The investigation into the missing RAF guy has been dropped Could it be that he was perhaps too unconventional in his recreational activities and not a middle class Dr ??"

The last lot of the landfill site search was funded by his parents. There has been nothing but issues into the search for him since day 1.

By *ookingforlustMan  over a year ago

northants

I read yesterday that at the time Maddie went missing, the mum was interviewed by police and refused to answer all but one of their 40 + questions. Refusing on the grounds that she felt she being treated as a suspect.

Someone said earlier that had this been a working class family, or even a family reliant on welfare then they would have been dragged through the gutter. I can’t agree more with that.

By *ookingforlustMan  over a year ago

northants

The last lot of the landfill site search was funded by his parents. There has been nothing but issues into the search for him since day 1."

Police admitted yesterday that they may have been searching in the wrong area of the landfill site, and possibly even the wrong landfill site. You just couldn’t make that shit up!!

By *inkyLondonpairCouple  over a year ago

London

Would all those people accusing the McCanns like to explain why they have moved heaven and earth to try to find their daughter.

Surely if they were responsible they would keep quiet and let the story fade away. Isn't it bleeding obvious that the more the story stays in the public eye, the more chance there is they would be found out...

#

Why do they get funding when other parents do not. they almost certainly are responsible for her death or abduction and should be charged with child neglect.

cops holidays in Portugal again?

By *ilthy gentleman 4425Man  over a year ago

Ackworth

just a thought, why have they still got there other children? Social services would have normally been involved as it's neglect to leave a child of her age alone!!!! something stinks about the whole case.... my personal opinion...

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Would all those people accusing the McCanns like to explain why they have moved heaven and earth to try to find their daughter.

Surely if they were responsible they would keep quiet and let the story fade away. Isn't it bleeding obvious that the more the story stays in the public eye, the more chance there is they would be found out... "

Nah, that would involve those people actually thinking and using logic rather than just being judgemental and cynical. That's much easier.

London

"Would all those people accusing the McCanns like to explain why they have moved heaven and earth to try to find their daughter.

Surely if they were responsible they would keep quiet and let the story fade away. Isn't it bleeding obvious that the more the story stays in the public eye, the more chance there is they would be found out...

Nah, that would involve those people actually thinking and using logic rather than just being judgemental and cynical. That's much easier."

Indeed.

These conspiracy theories do my head in. All notions of probability and logic go out of the window in the desire to think the worst of people.

Put all of the conspiracy theories to one side. What is the justification of the funding in this time of major austerity and cuts to emergency service coverage? They are closing A&E departments yet can fund this?

Harsh but funding another search for Ben needham resulted in no significant proof alive or dead.

Surely if they were responsible they would keep quiet and let the story fade away. Isn't it bleeding obvious that the more the story stays in the public eye, the more chance there is they would be found out... "

. It's the old magicians trick!

If your continually looking for an "abducted" child your not really looking for the killer!.

There's no evidence Maddie was abducted, there's no evidence or eyewitness of an abductee, in the absence of evidence you start at the last people to see the child alive, that's just basic police practice yet still it's constantly referred to as an abduction case despite no evidence of such.

Every apparent story of some new eyewitness seeing a suspicious character or a weird guy carrying a small child or some renowned pedophilie living in some part or close to the apartment or similar attempted abduction always leads back to the McCanns so called self appointed pr or private detective agency.

The McCanns have spent millions of charity money and the UK police have spent 12 million and the Portuguese police have spent 7 million and still there's no evidence of any abduction

In the absence of evidence I say it was a UFO abduction case, why not, it's as feasible as any other and everybody will be happy it's an abduction and not a murder

London

Surely if they were responsible they would keep quiet and let the story fade away. Isn't it bleeding obvious that the more the story stays in the public eye, the more chance there is they would be found out... . It's the old magicians trick!

If your continually looking for an "abducted" child your not really looking for the killer!.

There's no evidence Maddie was abducted, there's no evidence or eyewitness of an abductee, in the absence of evidence you start at the last people to see the child alive, that's just basic police practice yet still it's constantly referred to as an abduction case despite no evidence of such.

Every apparent story of some new eyewitness seeing a suspicious character or a weird guy carrying a small child or some renowned pedophilie living in some part or close to the apartment or similar attempted abduction always leads back to the McCanns so called self appointed pr or private detective agency.

The McCanns have spent millions of charity money and the UK police have spent 12 million and the Portuguese police have spent 7 million and still there's no evidence of any abduction

"

You really don't think that when a child goes missing the parents aren't investigated? Of course they are.

Anyway that doesn't answer my question. If the McCanns did do it and managed to deflect the police at the time, why on earth would they spend a huge amount of time and money keeping the story in the public eye and badgering the police to keep investigating when it would have otherwise drifted out of public and police consciousness.

If they did it, the more attention they draw to the disappearance the greater likelihood they would eventually be found out.

Can you not see that?

Surely if they were responsible they would keep quiet and let the story fade away. Isn't it bleeding obvious that the more the story stays in the public eye, the more chance there is they would be found out... . It's the old magicians trick!

You really don't think that when a child goes missing the parents aren't investigated? Of course they are.

Anyway that doesn't answer my question. If the McCanns did do it and managed to deflect the police at the time, why on earth would they spend a huge amount of time and money keeping the story in the public eye and badgering the police to keep investigating when it would have otherwise drifted out of public and police consciousness.

If they did it, the more attention they draw to the disappearance the greater likelihood they would eventually be found out.

Can you not see that? "

I can see that you didn't read what I wrote.

The attention is all about an abduction, always has been, always will be despite NO EVIDENCE OF AN ABDUCTION..

there I underlined my point

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Good. If it means she is found or that we find out what happened. If it means that those who did anything if anything was done are brought to justice....... then good.

That amount of money is fucking chicken feed in terms of what some people earn per year.

I'm not arsed one iota about the money.

London

Can you not see that? .

The attention is all about an abduction, always has been, always will be despite NO EVIDENCE OF AN ABDUCTION..

there I underlined my point "

So you are saying that the police will not have looked at other possibilities?

It doesn't matter what theories the McCanns put forward, by keeping the case in the public eye and badgering the police , they are increasing the chances that, if they were responsible, they will be found out.

This, given their behaviour since the disappearance, the likelihood they are responsible is vanishingly small.

Can you not see that? .

there I underlined my point "

You honestly think that a police investigation is that one dimensional??

Also if it has only been treated as an abduction as you so authoritively state why were cadaver dogs used?

Can you not see that? .

Also if it has only been treated as an abduction as you so authoritively state why were cadaver dogs used? "

That was the Portuguese police investigation which concluded that the McCanns were in someway responsible!.

Yes I agree the Portuguese police never thought it was an abduction because there was no evidence of one.

But alas more to my point of why the McCanns have to keep the case in constant public attention is because it's ALWAYS pushed as an abduction by them, that puts a mindset in the publics subconscious.

Its probably why you think there's been an abduction despite no evidence of one

Can you not see that? .

It doesn't matter what theories the McCanns put forward, by keeping the case in the public eye and badgering the police , they are increasing the chances that, if they were responsible, they will be found out.

This, given their behaviour since the disappearance, the likelihood they are responsible is vanishingly small. "

Besides the differences between an abduction and murder enquiry are going to be negligible.

It's not as though they deduce that because there's no body, they won't bother with forensics or crime scene management?

Everyday thousands of pounds are spent on all sorts of items by the UK and as stated thus is just peanuts.

Some of the vitriolic hate based on pure speculation on this thread is rather disturbing.

The suggestions at how the family are privileged and treated differently are nothing short of reverse snobbery and a rather hateful outlook.

Ultimately none of us are affected by the investigation, so why so angry?

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

The investigators won't look at it. In the UK investigation, they won't start from scratch and try to find out what happened. Their mandate is to start off with it was an abduction, and investigate it as an abduction.

The Portuguese police started their investigation properly, by starting from scratch trying to find what happened. They didn't start off with a theory/conclusion I.e. it was an abduction.

Again I recommend statement analyst Peter Hyatt. Www.Hyatt analysis.com which I find pretty fascinating. He trains the FBI at their academy in Quantico.

There is a YouTube video I recently discovered, pretty much by accident, where Hyatt speaks in depth about the McCanns. I find it quite hard to argue with it.

"

Here on fab we are often told to trust our instincts as they are seldom wrong.

Peter Hyatt certainly puts forward very convincing conclusions, some of which back up the gut instincts that many people have around this case.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

OK there is a lot of speculation and hearsay going on.

Fact to date despite the massive amount of funds, time and effort from our police and the Portuguese police they have not been able to get any evidence to charge the family.

They have not found a body.

I am neither on their side or against them.

I am just stating fact.

If the final enquiry finds evidence that the parents are guilty then I hope that they rot in hell.

But just imagine their torment should they actually be innocent?

I agree with that they should have been changed with neglected or something leaving the kid's alone as a parent I think it's just unforgivable.

But all these people claiming that they have heard evidence from this source or from YouTube or foreign press.

If you know of evidence that proves guilt then provide it to the police not post it on a swinging website.

If as people are claiming that this is a massive cover-up due to their status then they must have some hugely powerful friends to be able to sway two countries police forces.

I really hope that they find out what happened I really do and little Maddie can finally rest in peace.

Can you not see that? .

This, given their behaviour since the disappearance, the likelihood they are responsible is vanishingly small.

Besides the differences between an abduction and murder enquiry are going to be negligible.

It's not as though they deduce that because there's no body, they won't bother with forensics or crime scene management?

Everyday thousands of pounds are spent on all sorts of items by the UK and as stated thus is just peanuts.

Some of the vitriolic hate based on pure speculation on this thread is rather disturbing.

The suggestions at how the family are privileged and treated differently are nothing short of reverse snobbery and a rather hateful outlook.

Ultimately none of us are affected by the investigation, so why so angry?"

That's blatantly untrue, the extra 2 million pounds is being earmarked for chasing leads on possible abducters, the last few million was also used for this purpose, that's chasing abducters that you have no evidence exist or were there or were seen by anyone at all and that you have no forensics that even point to it.

It's mass madness

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Peter Hyatt certainly puts forward very convincing conclusions, some of which back up the gut instincts that many people have around this case. "

People will look for and believe "evidence" that supports their gut instinct it doesn't make it fact. If you search YouTube long enough it's possible to find things that support almost any belief.

London

Can you not see that? .

Also if it has only been treated as an abduction as you so authoritively state why were cadaver dogs used? .

That was the Portuguese police investigation which concluded that the McCanns were in someway responsible!.

Yes I agree the Portuguese police never thought it was an abduction because there was no evidence of one.

But alas more to my point of why the McCanns have to keep the case in constant public attention is because it's ALWAYS pushed as an abduction by them, that puts a mindset in the publics subconscious.

Its probably why you think there's been an abduction despite no evidence of one"

Whereas if they had kept quiet about it since 2008 the general public would have forgotten about it by now.

But obviously the best way for killers to get away with murder is to keep drawing the polices attention to themselves and saying "you know that child that many people suspect us of murdering, well we didn't, she was abducted".

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"OK there is a lot of speculation and hearsay going on.

Fact to date despite the massive amount of funds, time and effort from our police and the Portuguese police they have not been able to get any evidence to charge the family.

They have not found a body.

I am neither on their side or against them.

I am just stating fact.

If the final enquiry finds evidence that the parents are guilty then I hope that they rot in hell.

But just imagine their torment should they actually be innocent?

I agree with that they should have been changed with neglected or something leaving the kid's alone as a parent I think it's just unforgivable.

But all these people claiming that they have heard evidence from this source or from YouTube or foreign press.

If you know of evidence that proves guilt then provide it to the police not post it on a swinging website.

If as people are claiming that this is a massive cover-up due to their status then they must have some hugely powerful friends to be able to sway two countries police forces.

I really hope that they find out what happened I really do and little Maddie can finally rest in peace."

I agree with you.

There NOT investigating the McCanns and NEVER have, no UK police force have ever investigated the McCanns, the entire UK police operation has always supposed an abduction and worked backwards from there by looking for abducters, despite no evidence she was abducted.

There's some sort of public hysteria going on for sure.

Not one single penny of this money is being used to investigate this case.

It's all being used chasing possible abducters and that despite ANY EVIDENCE she was abducted.

I don't discount the fact that I might just be crazy but then I don't discount the fact your all drinking from the cool aid either

By *elma and ShaggyCouple  over a year ago

Bedworth

Peter Hyatt certainly puts forward very convincing conclusions, some of which back up the gut instincts that many people have around this case.

People will look for and believe "evidence" that supports their gut instinct it doesn't make it fact. If you search YouTube long enough it's possible to find things that support almost any belief. "

I think that ANY conclusions, whichever way they point, which have been put forward by an expert who trains law enforcement and the fbi, a person who has a 100% record in criminal cases have to be pretty considered pretty reliable don’t you?

Can you not see that? .

Ultimately none of us are affected by the investigation, so why so angry?.

That's blatantly untrue, the extra 2 million pounds is being earmarked for chasing leads on possible abducters, the last few million was also used for this purpose, that's chasing abducters that you have no evidence exist or were there or were seen by anyone at all and that you have no forensics that even point to it.

It's mass madness

"

It's a natural investigative assumption, that if a parent states their child is not where they left them, to assume they've either left, been taken or been subject to harm.

The investigative process won't have been that different.

Maybe I'm missing your point?

While I'm not judging anyone on this case I do find it strange the amount that is being spent.

I did a quick search to find that 30 kids have gone missing in Portugal in the last 5 years....see link for huff post https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05/04/30-children-have-gone-missing-in-portugal-since-madeleine-mccann-disappeared_n_7378200.html

It just seems a little strange that the ones that make the headlines stay in the headlines.

Diclaimer: I have not read this full thread or full article as busy....no doubt someone will have the time to do so

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 28/03/18 16:22:59]

Look no further than the PARENTS!

THEY KILLED HER.

The end.

I dont think they killed her but they were very wrong in leaving her and her younger siblings alone at night while they went out with friends. They must regret that obviously.

Its a very sad situation.

Not if they are sociopaths lie detectors dont work on them thats why police cant use them

» Add a new message to this topic