FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Soldier RandR

Soldier RandR

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My son is a soldier serving in Afganistan and was due to come home on 2 weeks R&R on Tues. Then it changed to Wed, then Thurs, then tomorrow, now its Sat. He is just sitting there waiting his hopes being raised then dashed. His girlfriend and I have been on stand-by to go to Brize Norton to pick him up. Apparently a broken down plan and because the AirForce wont fly during the day has caused a backlog. Im pretty sure his leave wont be extended to cover the days he has missed. He is going crazy!!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sorry to hear that.

It is probably as agonizing for you and his gf though.

Just think how good it will be when you both set eyes on him.

Total respect to all the people out there.

Im in the forces to and been in that situation many times coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan dont worry he will still get his full leave allowence and will make u smile when he walks through the door. We all slag off the RAF for problems that they cause but from a person still serving and going back there very soon again for the fourth time they do a brilliant job which is so hard to do and keep up with ok. bare with it he will be home soon.

good luck for him for the rest of his tour and i no this might sound corny but if you got any question you want to ask feel free ok.

leigh

Is this his first tour? Sorry to hear, it's the army way I'm afraid! If it is, you'll get used to only believing things till he's on the way home x

"Im in the forces to and been in that situation many times coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan dont worry he will still get his full leave allowence and will make u smile when he walks through the door. We all slag off the RAF for problems that they cause but from a person still serving and going back there very soon again for the fourth time they do a brilliant job which is so hard to do and keep up with ok. bare with it he will be home soon.

good luck for him for the rest of his tour and i no this might sound corny but if you got any question you want to ask feel free ok.

leigh "

thanks Leigh. I know he is frustrated but he is getting grumpy with us too. He doesnt seem to realize its been a pain for use swopping and changing things to go for him. If he carries on I will leave him there!!! lol

"Is this his first tour? Sorry to hear, it's the army way I'm afraid! If it is, you'll get used to only believing things till he's on the way home x"
No he has been before a couple of times, never had this trouble before though.

"Is this his first tour? Sorry to hear, it's the army way I'm afraid! If it is, you'll get used to only believing things till he's on the way home xNo he has been before a couple of times, never had this trouble before though."

He's been lucky then He'll definitely get the full leave anyway, I know how frustrating it is but fingers crossed Crab Air will sort themselves soon!!! Have an amazing fortnight x

"Is this his first tour? Sorry to hear, it's the army way I'm afraid! If it is, you'll get used to only believing things till he's on the way home xNo he has been before a couple of times, never had this trouble before though.

He's been lucky then He'll definitely get the full leave anyway, I know how frustrating it is but fingers crossed Crab Air will sort themselves soon!!! Have an amazing fortnight x"

Im not going to see much of him, he will be fare to busy with his girlfriend to bother with me lol xx

nah he will spend time with you lol he will make the most of it while he is off not long 2 weeks but its what the army do . dont leave him there its not fair lol

"nah he will spend time with you lol he will make the most of it while he is off not long 2 weeks but its what the army do . dont leave him there its not fair lol "
ok I wont lol xx

hahaha my mother would leave me out there she hates it when i have came back before lol u treat it like a hotel blah blah blah lol just mothers for ya lol but dont worry it will be ok.

"hahaha my mother would leave me out there she hates it when i have came back before lol u treat it like a hotel blah blah blah lol just mothers for ya lol but dont worry it will be ok."
none of that here, I dont see a great deal of him, so I dont nag him. x

"My son is a soldier serving in Afganistan and was due to come home on 2 weeks R&R on Tues. Then it changed to Wed, then Thurs, then tomorrow, now its Sat. He is just sitting there waiting his hopes being raised then dashed. His girlfriend and I have been on stand-by to go to Brize Norton to pick him up. Apparently a broken down plan and because the AirForce wont fly during the day has caused a backlog. Im pretty sure his leave wont be extended to cover the days he has missed. He is going crazy!!!"

My son due on the same flight! His Girlfriend has flown over to see him and is here, now all we can do is wait.

By *acquiesubWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

Chin up Kaz, he will be here soon and you'll have a great time. Take care, have fun and hope to hear all about it soon (ps hope you are well, thinking of you xxx)

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

I'm waiting for half that plane load to come back to work.........

I miss them all.

"My son is a soldier serving in Afganistan and was due to come home on 2 weeks R&R on Tues. Then it changed to Wed, then Thurs, then tomorrow, now its Sat. He is just sitting there waiting his hopes being raised then dashed. His girlfriend and I have been on stand-by to go to Brize Norton to pick him up. Apparently a broken down plan and because the AirForce wont fly during the day has caused a backlog. Im pretty sure his leave wont be extended to cover the days he has missed. He is going crazy!!!

My son due on the same flight! His Girlfriend has flown over to see him and is here, now all we can do is wait. "

Its not best is it, is he feeling just as frustrated (and grumpy) as my son? Going to have a fun time driving in the fog to go pick him up

"My son is a soldier serving in Afganistan and was due to come home on 2 weeks R&R on Tues. Then it changed to Wed, then Thurs, then tomorrow, now its Sat. He is just sitting there waiting his hopes being raised then dashed. His girlfriend and I have been on stand-by to go to Brize Norton to pick him up. Apparently a broken down plan and because the AirForce wont fly during the day has caused a backlog. Im pretty sure his leave wont be extended to cover the days he has missed. He is going crazy!!!

My son due on the same flight! His Girlfriend has flown over to see him and is here, now all we can do is wait. Its not best is it, is he feeling just as frustrated (and grumpy) as my son? Going to have a fun time driving in the fog to go pick him up "

He feels just the same and was saying he would rather go back to his unit than hang around with all the delays.

Oh yes, really looking forward to the 4 hour drive lol.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple  over a year ago

hexham

Hugs and prayers.I know its not much,but at least he is safe where he is,xxxxxxxxxx

My son due on the same flight! His Girlfriend has flown over to see him and is here, now all we can do is wait. Its not best is it, is he feeling just as frustrated (and grumpy) as my son? Going to have a fun time driving in the fog to go pick him up

He feels just the same and was saying he would rather go back to his unit than hang around with all the delays.

Oh yes, really looking forward to the 4 hour drive lol."

Its been a stupid waste of time for everyone!! we have been in limbo here too waiting and waiting and waiting Be even harder to go back after so little time here.

"Chin up Kaz, he will be here soon and you'll have a great time. Take care, have fun and hope to hear all about it soon (ps hope you are well, thinking of you xxx)"
Thanks xx Hopefully catch up soon xx

» Add a new message to this topic