FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Works Christmas parties....

Works Christmas parties....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago
Forum Mod

Whose doing anything good for theirs?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i dont do work xmas parties

dont like working with them so im sure as shit not drinking with them

bah humbug lol

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago
Forum Mod

hahahaha love it

had to cancel going as a family event takes precedence

"i dont do work xmas parties

dont like working with them so im sure as shit not drinking with them

bah humbug lol "

same for me too lol

ive declined going to mine

as the office are all suck ups and two faced people and i decided to save money and not do the secret santa. Instead im going to go on a social meet

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Ours was cancelled because our CEO doesn't agree with them.

So I'd be happy to go to anyone else's! Some sort of exchange thing...

"Ours was cancelled because our CEO doesn't agree with them.

So I'd be happy to go to anyone else's! Some sort of exchange thing..."

bah humbug! surely he cant stop you all from having your own though...?!

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

I've said I'll go but I'm not looking forward to it as it's in a rubbish venue and being run by the same rubbish company who ran it a couple of years ago - and it was complete rubbish then. Then menu is absolute rubbish too... not sure how they've managed to cock up an Xmas dinner menu, but they have done so.

If I don't go then my portion of the money allocated can't be transferred to anything else, so I might as well go and get my free drink.

I know I sound like a right scrooge but I'm not impressed with how the division I work in has handled it yet again this year. I think I may have to volunteer to do it next year just so that it's not rubbish.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I mainly work from home - so I'll be getting d*unk and dancing round the living room on my own - open invitation to those who can dig their way through the snow

"Whose doing anything good for theirs?

"

...bet you're glad you asked!

swindon

"I mainly work from home - so I'll be getting d*unk and dancing round the living room on my own - open invitation to those who can dig their way through the snow"

When does the fun start? If I start digging now, maybe I'll get there in time!

Livingston

whenever you get here!!

Ours is a meal up in Warrington and then usually some of the team stay out for drinkies afterwards. I'm not going this year though as I'd already agreed to go to Adams works meal on the same night.

There's also a joint lunch with another department but again that's up in Warrington and I aint travelling up there just for a curled up butty and a crisp! so I'm not going to that one either.

Locally there's an office lunch on the 22nd which I'll pop along to but it's just a buffet in the meeting rooms really so quite boring (although I did offer to donate a case of wine to it).

Ours is Friday 17th December, i am so looking forward to it that i booked annual leave and invited British Gas to come and service my appliances

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

We're off to mine (A) on 16th December, CEO has said he wants everyone to party and the who;e thing is being paid for, drinks, food, entertainment, last year we even had a full size dogems inside! Have to say it was the best Christmas do we have ever been to and hope this year it's as good.

By *andKCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

opps Friday 17th I mean

I don't go to them anymore.

Clothes. Make up , Time , Travel , Money, Eat a meal I don't want with people I don't want to be with. Hey they are nice.... but ... not the people I want to be with.

I learned not to go. It's just a big head and an empty purse.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Its all right for you lot i got to go out with my fellow nutters next thursday lunch time now that is fun

ours will be very intimate, I only work with 3 other women and the four of us will be going for a very civilised meal with champagne and just going home afterwards. Love my work collegues though, so it will be a wonderful time.

When I worked in the Police force we had wicked Christmas partys. We started at midday, and went to the Police club, stayed in there til about 7pm and then went to Broad Street in Birmingham and went in and got thrown out of various clubs before managing to crawl back in home at about 6am the following day - oh happy days

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"I've said I'll go but I'm not looking forward to it as it's in a rubbish venue and being run by the same rubbish company who ran it a couple of years ago - and it was complete rubbish then. Then menu is absolute rubbish too... not sure how they've managed to cock up an Xmas dinner menu, but they have done so.

If I don't go then my portion of the money allocated can't be transferred to anything else, so I might as well go and get my free drink.

I know I sound like a right scrooge but I'm not impressed with how the division I work in has handled it yet again this year. I think I may have to volunteer to do it next year just so that it's not rubbish. "

So its rubbish then?

By *uckscouple2007Couple  over a year ago

Bucks

was gonna say no but seeing that the firm is picking up the bar tab and our Depts' new guv is paying the meal bill for his staff ... be a mug to say no . lol .

My employer decides to have a free for all party, including partners, in May/June instead of having to pay inflated prices in Dec!

i never go to works parties.

every year stories come out of how someone punched someone once people were pissed.

and what is that point of socializing with people you cannot stand in the first place.

why put up with people for christmas who make your life as difficult as possible all year round.

My MD is being a complete "bah humbug" and hasn't even mentioned a christmas do in the hope that we "forget" - but HE'S going skiing for 2 weeks before xmas, I hope he gets piste and breaks a leg

swindon

"So its rubbish then?"
Yep - how did you guess?

swindon

"My employer decides to have a free for all party, including partners, in May/June instead of having to pay inflated prices in Dec! "

Sounds sensible.

Our budget per employee is very small considering the size of the company I work for and the amount of profit we made this year (like pretty much every year). I've been known to spend more on a curry during a night out with the lads. I've also heard that it's tax deductable for the company so doesn't actually cost them a penny as it's all written off at the end of the financial year.

By *amschwingerzCouple  over a year ago

West

Trying to get out of ours at the moment...not my scene as I tend to dry up and hate being branded as 'boring' and unsociable..

"My employer decides to have a free for all party, including partners, in May/June instead of having to pay inflated prices in Dec! "

Mine usually does that too but we've not had anything like that for the last couple of years

Bucks

" I've also heard that it's tax deductable for the company so doesn't actually cost them a penny as it's all written off at the end of the financial year."

cant recall the figure, £50 a head sounds familiar, but after that employees should pay income tax as then its a benefit in kind

Bucks

" I've also heard that it's tax deductable for the company so doesn't actually cost them a penny as it's all written off at the end of the financial year.

cant recall the figure, £50 a head sounds familiar, but after that employees should pay income tax as then its a benefit in kind"

oh and if your employer allows you to take a guest then the cost of them goes against your tax-free allowance

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

We've already been to 3 of mine.

As anyone who saw us on Sunday at Chams will tell you.......... fuck we looked rough.

3 days of partying with the military is enough to put our livers into rehab for the next 20 years.

Thank god for Egypt!

My firm don't have them for the field engineers as we live all over the country. The office girls get one, but we don't. We don't even get a Christmas bonus and our fiem was one of those companies that included the 8 bank holidays within the 20 mandatory days holiday you get each year. That's changed now though and we'll get the full 29 days next year.

That should give you an indication why we engineers aren't invited to the Xmas do - the boss is too fookin tight to pay for it.

Not that I'd go anyway, it's in Bracknell!

I've not attended a works do for about seven years as I didn't like my colleauges January to November, so why feign faux cheer in December.

In August I transferred to a new department and my colleagues are nice. It's our team meeting today followed by our departmental do. The head of department picks up the bill but I'm not going, I don't fancy it!

Friday is the company do: think I'll go and colour my hair and wax my eyebrows!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I can really see the tax payers agreeing that us council workers should have an Xmas party at their expense!

By *uss PussWoman  over a year ago

east cheshire

I dont sort a christmas do for my guys, we are only a small company and we are bustin our guts this time of year anyway. I do stick 50 quid in thier christmas wage packet tho as a thank you for thier hard work...this year they will prob get a bit more cos they really have been flat out...Im dead proud of em really....shhh dont tell em that tho

Livingston

after-Christmas "Christmas" party at mine in January if the snow has moved!!! all welcome....

I have 2 to go to, one is a fancy dress and I can't decide what to go as and the other is a Party at a Hotel which could be interesting

By *onnyb0yCouple  over a year ago

north wilts

Got so many invites I’m having to turn some down.

Been the customer does have some advantages.

However, the “do” with my work colleagues I’ll probably give that a miss.

By *umourCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

As has been said further up the thread, mine would just be me sitting here with a stick of celery and a glass of tonic wine!

Mrs R will be out with the girls though and we do have more "interesting" parties to go to..

As a slight aside, we do have a very important party happening this year for the first time. Mrs R is one of 8 daughters so you can imagine how difficult it is to all get in her mums place. So this year, to save them travelling all over Christmas, we are all meeting up in Stevenage for a family meal and stopping over too... THAT will be my Christmas party

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I will be releasing my inner sexual predator in a fortnight.

Those pretty little things don't stand a chance.

Grrrrrrrr!

» Add a new message to this topic