FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does Christianity make sense?

Does Christianity make sense?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Okay, so there's a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father and can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because some rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... yep, Christianity makes sense.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

sounds like a typical weekend to me!!

By *heWolfMan  over a year ago

warwickshire

No organised religion makes sense, unless you are the founder, then it makes perfect sense. I'm thinking of starting my own, so send some cash in now or you are all going to burn in Hell forever, my invisible friend said so.

By *eviousLiasonsCouple  over a year ago

Travelling

Christianity makes sense to christians. Surely that is all that matters?

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

Bunch of hypocritical tossers IMHO

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If it doesn't make sense to you then don't follow it. But at least have the grace not to knock it. Wouldn't the world be boring if we all followed the same band.

seems like many years ago,some people got together and made up some rules to live by...added the fear factor in so no one would cross the line...it didn't really work did it?

would be nice to scrap it and make it a working day .

The thing I always say is even if you dont believe Respect tha ppl that do. Same way as I respect u that don't. If we choose to believe its our right as it's yous not to. So I guess you go to work every easter, good friday and 25th of december to highlight your disagreement to the christian faith?

"The thing I always say is even if you dont believe Respect tha ppl that do. Same way as I respect u that don't. If we choose to believe its our right as it's yous not to. So I guess you go to work every easter, good friday and 25th of december to highlight your disagreement to the christian faith?

"

was meant as as a tongue a cheek remark but obviously some people have taken this more seriously than its meant to be, oh and I'm mormon, feel free to have a pop at my relegion

penzance

[Removed by poster at 22/11/10 12:47:43]

penzance

Religion is the cause of all wars. So much for love and peace. Thats what I meant about being hypocritical and I did say IMHO. It wasn't a pop at anyone personally.

I do respect your beliefs. To answer the question yes I have worked on the holy days.

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

Christianity started off in the same way as most major religions, on the principle of "believe what we say and you'll be rewarded (heaven)" and "don't believe what we say and we'll punish you (hell, or new Cliff Richard album)" and for the illiterate peasantry of the time, it worked. These days we have more knowledge of the world, and many people have less need to put faith in something intangible.

I think the thing that irks me the most, is the hypocrisy. I have a friend who purports to be catholic - she doesn't go to confession, she uses birth-control and never eats fish on a Friday, but if she perceives anything to be "anti-catholic" she's up in arms. Ask her why, and she'll get very defensive about her religion. Imho, religion is there to give inner strength to those otherwise unable to have that confidence on a sort of "it's down to God, not me" basis. Good luck to them, I say - just don't push it in my face, and don't expect me to live, work or think the way you do. As Julie Andrews once trilled - "I have confidence in me".

penzance

"Christianity started off in the same way as most major religions, on the principle of "believe what we say and you'll be rewarded (heaven)" and "don't believe what we say and we'll punish you (hell, or new Cliff Richard album)" and for the illiterate peasantry of the time, it worked. These days we have more knowledge of the world, and many people have less need to put faith in something intangible.

I think the thing that irks me the most, is the hypocrisy. I have a friend who purports to be catholic - she doesn't go to confession, she uses birth-control and never eats fish on a Friday, but if she perceives anything to be "anti-catholic" she's up in arms. Ask her why, and she'll get very defensive about her religion. Imho, religion is there to give inner strength to those otherwise unable to have that confidence on a sort of "it's down to God, not me" basis. Good luck to them, I say - just don't push it in my face, and don't expect me to live, work or think the way you do. As Julie Andrews once trilled - "I have confidence in me"."

What she said

Couldn't agree more

By *ara_and_MJCouple  over a year ago

rochdale

"The thing I always say is even if you dont believe Respect tha ppl that do. Same way as I respect u that don't. If we choose to believe its our right as it's yous not to. So I guess you go to work every easter, good friday and 25th of december to highlight your disagreement to the christian faith?

was meant as as a tongue a cheek remark but obviously some people have taken this more seriously than its meant to be, oh and I'm mormon, feel free to have a pop at my relegion "

OK - why do you all insist on spelling it with one too many 'M's ?

Starting to think I'm kinda done with Christianity,it's run it's course in my life now.

others take great comfort in it,good for them.

Many are those who do not believe in a creative force and believe the creation of our universe to be pure accident.

An accident caused by what though?

"Many are those who do not believe in a creative force and believe the creation of our universe to be pure accident.

An accident caused by what though?"

wrong ladder used?

"Many are those who do not believe in a creative force and believe the creation of our universe to be pure accident.

wrong ladder used? "

but who put the bldy ladder there!

"but who put the bldy ladder there! "

now that is the question right there

"but who put the bldy ladder there!

now that is the question right there "

God knows.

God knows. "

just spat coffee over my comp

God knows.

just spat coffee over my comp "

ooops - sticky keys

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Quite clearly it was a Flying Spaghetti Monster who created the world.

...bearded bloke in the sky, what next! I ask you!!

oh there's a whole host.

Beeston

"

No...but are they all originally Christian festival dates then?

[Removed by poster at 22/11/10 15:28:11]

No...but are they all originally Christian festival dates then? "

ooooo hooo ... toucheee

Beeston

ooooo hooo ... toucheee"

No, not really, but almost all religions have festivals based on previous religions dates so the argument is kind of pointless.

ooooo hooo ... toucheee

No, not really, but almost all religions have festivals based on previous religions dates so the argument is kind of pointless. "

besides that I don't think he paid?

It's sooo nice of all the Christians to celebrate our festivals with us xx

Beeston

POP!!! @ Mormons.

Feel better now!

"It's sooo nice of all the Christians to celebrate our festivals with us xx"

wasn't it Paul, a roman military stategist and policitian, who had this blinding idea?

Beeston

"It's sooo nice of all the Christians to celebrate our festivals with us xx

wasn't it Paul, a roman military stategist and policitian, who had this blinding idea?"

Not sure, but it was Pope Gregory in the 9th century who liked the idea of decorating temples with holly and ivy - something we still do to this day.

Is there something fishy about all this?

"

does this mean that those people who work in hotels and hospitals etc are not christians?

Beeston

"Is there something fishy about all this?"

Beeston

does this mean that those people who work in hotels and hospitals etc are not christians?"

...that is correct, and dates back to a law enacted by Oliver Cromwell after the Battle of Hastings in the 4th century BC. They are all imported especially for the Christmas holiday. Many of them end up wandering the streets after the festivities and sadly get put down when the 'holiday staff' homes get too full.

We always get small packs of them wandering around outside the supermarkets and fouling the pavements in the new year.

So remember, hotel and hospital staff are not just for Christmas!!

By *ast and modifiedCouple  over a year ago

near glasgow

"Okay, so there's a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father and can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because some rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... yep, Christianity makes sense. "
i think when you start bring religion onto the forums its a recipe for trouble.if there was ever a time for a moderator to remove a thread ITS NOW.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"Okay, so there's a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father and can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because some rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... yep, Christianity makes sense. i think when you start bring religion onto the forums its a recipe for trouble.if there was ever a time for a moderator to remove a thread ITS NOW. "

Why? I'm enjoying reading this and it's not nasty or anything - quite informative really! Z

Bolton

"Okay, so there's a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father and can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because some rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... yep, Christianity makes sense. "

I like the way you out it - but just because something doens't make sense, does that make it bad? Z

Bolton

Sorry - that should say 'put' it! Doh! Z

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

It makes sense to me. Most societies have historically followed the "we don't know, so we'll make it up" principle. If they had known about evolution, and accepted it as fact, Genesis would read quite differently.

By *oDownEasyMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Yet know we DO know about evolution etc, yet some people still insist on denying it, or claiming the world is 6000 years old, or that man lived alongside T-Rex!

Utterly crazy, but these crazies have a lot of power & influence, certainly in the US, and, worringly, increasingly more so over here.

An accident caused by what though?"

What makes you think that the universe was created at all?

I believe in the theory that the universe has always been here. Mankind, in his rush to make sense of things that need no explanation has often plain got it wrong. Religion is one of those things we've got soooo wrong.

christianity....

a womans lie about an affair gone very wrong

Load a scare stories and Chinese whispers used to control the ignorant masses of the ancients

Has absolutely no relevance today to me personally but we all have a choice xx

What makes you think that the universe was created at all?

I believe in the theory that the universe has always been here. Mankind, in his rush to make sense of things that need no explanation has often plain got it wrong. Religion is one of those things we've got soooo wrong."

Now that is hard to believe.

"...that is correct, and dates back to a law enacted by Oliver Cromwell after the Battle of Hastings in the 4th century BC."

hahahahaha Oliver Cromwell and the battle of Hastings all together in 4th century BC?????

Yule Greetings to all and Blessed Be! xx

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Load a scare stories and Chinese whispers used to control the ignorant masses of the ancients

Has absolutely no relevance today to me personally but we all have a choice xx "

So why do you sit in a bath all day?

Unclean........ unclean!!

"...that is correct, and dates back to a law enacted by Oliver Cromwell after the Battle of Hastings in the 4th century BC.

hahahahaha Oliver Cromwell and the battle of Hastings all together in 4th century BC????? "

» Add a new message to this topic