FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Google maps

Google maps

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but I haven't seen it so here goes ...........

Imagine you are meeting someone, a guy, a girl or a couple, maybe going to a party. You get sent the postcode and have a look for directions on google maps. There is a facility on there to see actual pictures of streets and houses, we didn't know this until our son showed us today, as there was an actual picture of his dog outside his flat. If you were to look and the place looked like bandit country would it put you off going? For us as long as we liked the people we were meeting etc then it wouldn't but would everyone feel this way? Just interested in how others would react and would anyone else use this facility xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

ooohhhh good point, i actually never thought of that. Not sure how i would react - except for maybe looking for parking space in well lit areas lol

"ooohhhh good point, i actually never thought of that. Not sure how i would react - except for maybe looking for parking space in well lit areas lol"

Have a look at it, apparently they blur out door numbers, people's faces and car number plates but it must be open to abuse in the wrong hands I would think xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Im glad im not the type that would allow my instincts about someone to change becasue of google map

We were at a party in a city centre last night,now they're never very nice but we had a fab time

Now Id use it to be a nosy bugger though

"Im glad im not the type that would allow my instincts about someone to change becasue of google map

We were at a party in a city centre last night,now they're never very nice but we had a fab time

Now Id use it to be a nosy bugger though"

lol I couldn't believe it when our son showed us as we always use a sat nav ... but there was his dog as clear as day in his garden outside his flat lol xxx

Forum Mod

"Im glad im not the type that would allow my instincts about someone to change becasue of google map

lol I couldn't believe it when our son showed us as we always use a sat nav ... but there was his dog as clear as day in his garden outside his flat lol xxx"

My son told me his friend is on it doing his paper round in about 4 different places

Good job he was'nt caught chucking all the papers in a wheelie bin and clearing off

lol I couldn't believe it when our son showed us as we always use a sat nav ... but there was his dog as clear as day in his garden outside his flat lol xxx

My son told me his friend is on it doing his paper round in about 4 different places

Good job he was'nt caught chucking all the papers in a wheelie bin and clearing off "

Just imagine someone see's someone's car parked somewhere it shouldn't be and tells the wrong person .... ooops lol xxx

Forum Mod

It is a bit naughty really don't you think?

There is no hiding place anymore......I bet the next thing will be when you open your fridge to get a choc bar out someone will tell you to put it back as you already had 1800 calories today

"It is a bit naughty really don't you think?

There is no hiding place anymore......I bet the next thing will be when you open your fridge to get a choc bar out someone will tell you to put it back as you already had 1800 calories today

"

Just checked our postcode, the picture is taken from an access road above our private drive, you can zoom in and see our cars and almost in through the windows

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"

I want one of those fridges!

"

Actually I want one that reassures me that eating it from the fridge reduces the calorific value due to the body having to heat it up to body temperature

"

Google are doing them with built in map app lol xxx

By *arlitos WayMan  over a year ago

London

"Don't know if this has been mentioned before but I haven't seen it so here goes ...........

Imagine you are meeting someone, a guy, a girl or a couple, maybe going to a party. You get sent the postcode and have a look for directions on google maps. There is a facility on there to see actual pictures of streets and houses, we didn't know this until our son showed us today, as there was an actual picture of his dog outside his flat. If you were to look and the place looked like bandit country would it put you off going? For us as long as we liked the people we were meeting etc then it wouldn't but would everyone feel this way? Just interested in how others would react and would anyone else use this facility xxx"

Not necessarily as I will be going inside their house so… I would be more concerned on the interior of the house and how clean it is and/or how fresh it smells which a photo cannot possibly pass this information so, you are right if I think the people I am going to meet are nice, the exterior of the house they live in would not bother me so much!

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

All I hope is that they update the images a bit more regularly! My place was in a terrible state (it usually is anyway!), the images were taken on a wet winter day and my car was so dirty thanks to living out in the sticks with all of the muddy roads, they didn`t have to blur out the number plate!

So Google, next time you`re coming round, make it a nice sunny day and tell me when you`re coming so I can have a tidy up!

It's just another tool for checking out what your getting into. It never harms to know if your going to some place that looks like Beirut in the 80's. I will be honest though i might cancel if there is rubble all over and vandalised cars in the street.

Our house is on there but you can't see anything that we'd take offence to. Infact, the picture is from before we moved in so is at least 2 years old.

Can clearly see the neighbours pampass grass mind

» Add a new message to this topic