FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > timewaster

timewaster

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *usty OP   Woman  over a year ago

inverclyde

Had coffee with a guy last week, were supposed to meet yesterday but that never happend so we arranged to meet today.... yet again no shown up, why waste peoples time and mess genuine folk around and on his verification to me he says dont mess her around ........

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yea hun some ppl r full a geek

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

The guy has got to be mental !!!!!!!!

it's guys like that that make it harder for us genuine guys.

Shame you don't live closer, cos I'd have filled his place gladly

inverclyde

you get all ready to meet then let down well he certainly not gonna get another chance this time he blown it big time metting me

Try reading "He's Just Not That into You: The No-excuses Truth to Understanding Guys" by Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo. Sometimes we just don't want to hear the truth and the truth may be that he's just not that into you. If he was he'd have been there at the designated time.

inverclyde

Excuse me but we did get on pretty well so this just not into me...... you dont know me and my feedback has been very possitive by others, but he has blown it in meeting me

dont understand this at all , why bother aranging a meet if you no intention of going ? i mean ok if your no his cup of tean then he should have said so and moved on no one gets messed about there , if someone isnae mine ill say so no danger of that , does make things a lot harder for a lot of genuine guys who are on here

I'll try and be a little more tactful than Wishy...lolbut he really wasn't into you!!

I've met men socially for a drink/meal whatever, we've had a wonderful time but I didn't want to play with them. I've arranged to meet them but nothing transpires of it and we all move on with out life!

Put it down to experience and not let it upset your joy of swinging!

no often i agree with wishy but he got a point, it does happen and rather than just come out with the truth they take the cowards way out.

anyway over and up them there be a que of guys willing to meet you take your pick and forget the losers xx

Maybe when it came down to it he just bottled it,or maybe like been pointed out he decided you were not for him,and thats why he cancelled,thats why a lot of people decide to meet socially first no pressure then if all happy meet up again and play.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

he wants to keep his options open

he arranged a cple of meets for the same time and then goes with what he thinks is the better offer

he gets nervous and bottles it

he wants to meet but he darent

he doesnt want to meet but he darent say

he likes talking about it more than doing it

Could be a 100 reasons.

Delete, block, and move on to someone who is worth your effort and energy....

inverclyde

Well what can I say to that except that to be messed about by the same guy two days in a row........... he can get lost now plenty other nice genuine guys on line and he will be taken off as a friend.

There could be a genuine reason why he couldnt meet or could possibly be that he is married?

Id block him too if i was you,then he cant contact you again.

inverclyde

He is single but he will be deleated as a friend so he can find someone else to and waste there time.

By *ig badMan  over a year ago

Up North :-)

I think whishy was trying to say was if the guy was gagging to play with you then he wouldn’t have let you down once never mind twice. I am sure you got on pretty well but something in his head didn’t say “I have to have this woman no matter what”. Best bet is to move on as if he isn’t going to make the effort then he isn’t worth it.

"I'll try and be a little more tactful than Wishy...lolbut he really wasn't into you!!

I've met men socially for a drink/meal whatever, we've had a wonderful time but I didn't want to play with them. I've arranged to meet them but nothing transpires of it and we all move on with out life!

Put it down to experience and not let it upset your joy of swinging! "

Joy? what joy? I have never been so unhappy since i joined fab, this site is really crap.The only people on here having fun are couples and single women,single men are just treated like second class citizens.I have written 13 messages this week to different people and not had a single reply,people on here are just so ignorant.All my family have noticed how i have changed recently,it is down to this site make me depressed thinking how everyone else is having fun except me.I always write polite messages but still no reply even if to say no thanks, i just dont know what else to do? When i joined i honestly thought this site would be fun and i would make a few genuine friends along the way,not much to ask is it?

"I'll try and be a little more tactful than Wishy...lolbut he really wasn't into you!!

Joy? what joy? I have never been so unhappy since i joined fab, this site is really crap.The only people on here having fun are couples and single women,single men are just treated like second class citizens.I have written 13 messages this week to different people and not had a single reply,people on here are just so ignorant.All my family have noticed how i have changed recently,it is down to this site make me depressed thinking how everyone else is having fun except me.I always write polite messages but still no reply even if to say no thanks, i just dont know what else to do? When i joined i honestly thought this site would be fun and i would make a few genuine friends along the way,not much to ask is it?"

Im not being funny,but if this site is making you that unhappy that your friends and family are noticed then why are you on here?

We meet single guys and met lots of lovely guys over the years so no i dont agree that this site is just for fems and couples.

Ive just read your profile and you have had more meets then most guys on here....so really cant see what you are moaning about.

Just because you have sent someone an email and they dont reply does not make them a timewaster.

"Im not being funny,but if this site is making you that unhappy that your friends and family are noticed then why are you on here?

We meet single guys and met lots of lovely guys over the years so no i dont agree that this site is just for fems and couples."

I think... I Think, it was supposed to be tongue in cheek judging by his verifications

Joy? what joy? I have never been so unhappy since i joined fab, this site is really crap.The only people on here having fun are couples and single women,single men are just treated like second class citizens.I have written 13 messages this week to different people and not had a single reply,people on here are just so ignorant.All my family have noticed how i have changed recently,it is down to this site make me depressed thinking how everyone else is having fun except me.I always write polite messages but still no reply even if to say no thanks, i just dont know what else to do? When i joined i honestly thought this site would be fun and i would make a few genuine friends along the way,not much to ask is it?

Im not being funny,but if this site is making you that unhappy that your friends and family are noticed then why are you on here?

We meet single guys and met lots of lovely guys over the years so no i dont agree that this site is just for fems and couples.

"

then why is it that the people i have had the chance to meet ages ago now all agree with me that it is much harder for single men on here than couple and single women?

Joy? what joy? I have never been so unhappy since i joined fab, this site is really crap.The only people on here having fun are couples and single women,single men are just treated like second class citizens.I have written 13 messages this week to different people and not had a single reply,people on here are just so ignorant.All my family have noticed how i have changed recently,it is down to this site make me depressed thinking how everyone else is having fun except me.I always write polite messages but still no reply even if to say no thanks, i just dont know what else to do? When i joined i honestly thought this site would be fun and i would make a few genuine friends along the way,not much to ask is it?"

I'm not being funny but if this site has made you that unhappy then I'm afraid you have more issues going on underneath the surface than you are admitting to. This site can get frustrating at time sure, but it's by no means the singular source of someone's desperate sadness.

I've looked at your profile and the first photo is a pretty good one, the second one lets you down badly though. Lose the Ashley Cole briefs before you ask any more ladies to have a gander at your profile.

Also, get your name down for one of the many socials that are regularly advertised here. That's where you'll meet the long term swingers, who all have many contacts and can introduce you around. Getting known as a genuine reliable person is how you get ahead in this game and being a single guy you have the odds well stacked against you. Ask yourself: What would it take for me to meet me? What would impress you.

Good luck

Wishy.

"then why is it that the people i have had the chance to meet ages ago now all agree with me that it is much harder for single men on here than couple and single women?"

Quite simply because of how many single guys there are on here compared to the rest.

Guess I was wrong about the tongue in cheek then!

no wonder your not getting any replies you sound like a spoilt brat.

"Excuse me but we did get on pretty well so this just not into me...... you dont know me and my feedback has been very possitive by others, but he has blown it in meeting me"

My comment wasn't a slight on you. Please don't take it as one and your verifications speak volumes about you as a person. It was this particular chap I was referring to, and it seems that he wasn't keen enough to make that second or third date. You gave him one more chance than many others would have. His loss.

[Removed by poster at 16/03/10 14:28:20]

"Joy? what joy? I have never been so unhappy since i joined fab, this site is really crap.The only people on here having fun are couples and single women,single men are just treated like second class citizens.I have written 13 messages this week to different people and not had a single reply,people on here are just so ignorant.All my family have noticed how i have changed recently,it is down to this site make me depressed thinking how everyone else is having fun except me.I always write polite messages but still no reply even if to say no thanks, i just dont know what else to do? When i joined i honestly thought this site would be fun and i would make a few genuine friends along the way,not much to ask is it?"

If its making you unhappy and you are still here, then more fool you ....

Well if you look at how many guys are on here how many couples and how many single fems you will understand why it is harder for a guy.

Just because you are on a swing site does not mean that every fem or couple you email are going to meet you.

I still cant see what you are moaning about,you have been on here 2 months and had 9 meets.

If you are getting that depressed over the site then leave,nothing is worth making you that miserable,but i get a feeling the real reason is that you think that every woman or couple you email should meet you,sorry it doesnt work that way on any swing site.

"no wonder your not getting any replies you sound like a spoilt brat."

I agree,he has had 9 meets in 2 months and is moaning!!!!

Thats more than us lol

I'm not being funny but if this site has made you that unhappy then I'm afraid you have more issues going on underneath the surface than you are admitting to. This site can get frustrating at time sure, but it's by no means the singular source of someone's desperate sadness.

I've looked at your profile and the first photo is a pretty good one, the second one lets you down badly though. Lose the Ashley Cole briefs before you ask any more ladies to have a gander at your profile.

Also, get your name down for one of the many socials that are regularly advertised here. That's where you'll meet the long term swingers, who all have many contacts and can introduce you around. Getting known as a genuine reliable person is how you get ahead in this game and being a single guy you have the odds well stacked against you. Ask yourself: What would it take for me to meet me? What would impress you.

Good luck

Wishy."

Thanks for the advice i will certainly take it on board x

"no wonder your not getting any replies you sound like a spoilt brat."
thank you, just what i need to hear.glad i dont live anywhere near you.

it is down to this site make me depressed thinking how everyone else is having fun except me.[/

Does sound like you are spitting your dummy out because you are not getting your own way.

"it is down to this site make me depressed thinking how everyone else is having fun except me.[/

Does sound like you are spitting your dummy out because you are not getting your own way."

sorry dont mean it to sound that way.yes i have met a few people in the past,but not for what seems like ages now.No what really gets me down is people who cant be bothered to send even a simple reply.Just feels like i am wasting my time on here sometimes.Really all i am looking for is to make a few genuine friends i can meet fairly regularly, i dont want to meet loads of people and certainly am not interested in just one night stands as my profile says.

Perhpaps you are messaging the wrong people then because I ALWAYS reply even if its a polite no thank you

"sorry dont mean it to sound that way.yes i have met a few people in the past,but not for what seems like ages now.No what really gets me down is people who cant be bothered to send even a simple reply.Just feels like i am wasting my time on here sometimes.Really all i am looking for is to make a few genuine friends i can meet fairly regularly, i dont want to meet loads of people and certainly am not interested in just one night stands as my profile says. "

Sorry to drag this out but Ive found myself getting annoyed and thinking about this all the time that Ive been having lunch...

If you are serious that being on this site is making you depressed to such an extent that your family have noticed - and you are not just saying that for dramatic effect - then YOU SHOULDNT BE HERE!!

Instead of moaning about it, take responsibility and go.

By *wned EmCouple  over a year ago

nuneaton

"it is down to this site make me depressed thinking how everyone else is having fun except me.[/

Does sound like you are spitting your dummy out because you are not getting your own way.sorry dont mean it to sound that way.yes i have met a few people in the past,but not for what seems like ages now.No what really gets me down is people who cant be bothered to send even a simple reply.Just feels like i am wasting my time on here sometimes.Really all i am looking for is to make a few genuine friends i can meet fairly regularly, i dont want to meet loads of people and certainly am not interested in just one night stands as my profile says. "

You last verification is from 2nd March THIS year. This is hardly the dim and distant past. Seems like you are doing OK and making friends and connections with people. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed but honestly you are having a lot more success on the site than a lot of single guys. Chin up!

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Wow, if something was making me that unhappy that even my family were noticing the change in me, I would be getting rid of it out of my life.

this is supposed to be fun, it seems you have had fun but want more now now now !!

As you say you are looking for friends who you can play with rather than one night stands, then it doesn't work that way. You have to get to know people before you can call them friends.

Earlier on in my time here I met a coupe of women for coffee and both times I really thought the meet had gone well. They french-kissed me goodbye "until next time" then after a couple of days when I messaged them I got general pleasantries but nothing about a follow up. I had to ask them outright did they want to meet again and then they said no.

It was early days for me here so admittedly I was more sensitive to rejection but even so, after a social meet is it too much to ask that the person who then decides they do not want to meet again just sends a thanks but no thanks text?

Whoa!! That's a lot to lay at the door of FAB. Not being funny - don't you have a life?!! FAB for me is fun not the be all and end all. People notice if I'm having a bad hair day not if I've not had my leg over!!

I only play with single men and a jolly good time is had by all!!

Wow, if something was making me that unhappy that even my family were noticing the change in me, I would be getting rid of it out of my life.

this is supposed to be fun, it seems you have had fun but want more now now now !!

As you say you are looking for friends who you can play with rather than one night stands, then it doesn't work that way. You have to get to know people before you can call them friends."

Should have read all the posts before replying - I could have jusr written - "what she said"!

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Really all i am looking for is to make a few genuine friends i can meet fairly regularly, i dont want to meet loads of people and certainly am not interested in just one night stands as my profile says.

"

Alot of couples don't want a regular single guy, some do, but many don't.

With regularity comes emotion and many swingers keep emotion for themselves.

To me, if we were to meet a single guy regularly, it would be no better than having an affair. With regularity also comes a comfort factor that leads to something more than swinging... but, thats just me.

It sounds to me that you need something more than swinging. You need someone or a couple that are prepared to bring you into their lives and share it with you. You sound...... just from my point of view....... like you want a relationship.

This is not the site for that and if any part of swinging is making you unhappy, then you are doing the WRONG thing!

Good luck, but I'd get out if I were you.

I don't want to cause an argument, and I'd agree that if the OP is looking for a relationship, then this probably isn't the place, but with all due respect, it's wrong to suggest that that won't happen here.

Yes, pure and basic swinging isn't about relationships, but there are several folk on here who are now in a relationship with someone they met on here, and most of them are currently not swinging!!

"I don't want to cause an argument, and I'd agree that if the OP is looking for a relationship, then this probably isn't the place, but with all due respect, it's wrong to suggest that that won't happen here.

Yes, pure and basic swinging isn't about relationships, but there are several folk on here who are now in a relationship with someone they met on here, and most of them are currently not swinging!!"

We are proof of that.. I meet Mrjnp on here over 3 yrs ago when we were swinging as singles,we have been in a relationship ever since.

Does sound like you are spitting your dummy out because you are not getting your own way.sorry dont mean it to sound that way.yes i have met a few people in the past,but not for what seems like ages now.No what really gets me down is people who cant be bothered to send even a simple reply.Just feels like i am wasting my time on here sometimes.Really all i am looking for is to make a few genuine friends i can meet fairly regularly, i dont want to meet loads of people and certainly am not interested in just one night stands as my profile says.

You last verification is from 2nd March THIS year. This is hardly the dim and distant past. Seems like you are doing OK and making friends and connections with people. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed but honestly you are having a lot more success on the site than a lot of single guys. Chin up!"

thank you for that,just wish more people would reply thatsall.

"I don't want to cause an argument, and I'd agree that if the OP is looking for a relationship, then this probably isn't the place, but with all due respect, it's wrong to suggest that that won't happen here.

Yes, pure and basic swinging isn't about relationships, but there are several folk on here who are now in a relationship with someone they met on here, and most of them are currently not swinging!!

We are proof of that.. I meet Mrjnp on here over 3 yrs ago when we were swinging as singles,we have been in a relationship ever since."

yes i would love to meet a single woman on here who wants to start a relationship and then perhaps stand a better chance of meeting more people too.as i have said before i think couples and single women are the ones having all the fun on here not single guys.

We are proof of that.. I meet Mrjnp on here over 3 yrs ago when we were swinging as singles,we have been in a relationship ever since.yes i would love to meet a single woman on here who wants to start a relationship and then perhaps stand a better chance of meeting more people too.as i have said before i think couples and single women are the ones having all the fun on here not single guys."

Jeeeeez now Im the one getting depressed...

Im gone...

Whoa!! That's a lot to lay at the door of FAB. Not being funny - don't you have a life?!! FAB for me is fun not the be all and end all. People notice if I'm having a bad hair day not if I've not had my leg over!!

I only play with single men and a jolly good time is had by all!! "

obviously i live in the wrong area then.

By *ickedWWoman  over a year ago

Chester

"Had coffee with a guy last week, were supposed to meet yesterday but that never happend so we arranged to meet today.... yet again no shown up, why waste peoples time and mess genuine folk around and on his verification to me he says dont mess her around ........"

His Loss hun

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Mate you are doing yourself no favours you know...you will probably have less of a chance now with all the complaining

"Had coffee with a guy last week, were supposed to meet yesterday but that never happend so we arranged to meet today.... yet again no shown up, why waste peoples time and mess genuine folk around and on his verification to me he says dont mess her around ........"

Keep your head up, plenty more fish in the sea as they say, although best tell him to rewrite his profile

Cyprus

Yes, pure and basic swinging isn't about relationships, but there are several folk on here who are now in a relationship with someone they met on here, and most of them are currently not swinging!!"

I never suggested he wouldn't meet someone on here, but he'd have more chance by going out, socialising and being honest about what he wants.

I met Jason at a swinging club, so, as many on here know, it does happen. Just not that often.

Cyprus

We are proof of that.. I meet Mrjnp on here over 3 yrs ago when we were swinging as singles,we have been in a relationship ever since.yes i would love to meet a single woman on here who wants to start a relationship and then perhaps stand a better chance of meeting more people too.as i have said before i think couples and single women are the ones having all the fun on here not single guys."

Look, my opinion, for what it's worth.... get yourself to the socials. Believe me, if you mingle and are polite and respectful, you will end up with many many friends and by that token, knowing their friends as well.

There is nothing like a social for expanding your friends base, after that... who knows what will happen.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

We are proof of that.. I meet Mrjnp on here over 3 yrs ago when we were swinging as singles,we have been in a relationship ever since.yes i would love to meet a single woman on here who wants to start a relationship and then perhaps stand a better chance of meeting more people too.as i have said before i think couples and single women are the ones having all the fun on here not single guys.

Look, my opinion, for what it's worth.... get yourself to the socials. Believe me, if you mingle and are polite and respectful, you will end up with many many friends and by that token, knowing their friends as well.

There is nothing like a social for expanding your friends base, after that... who knows what will happen."

That is so true, when i joined this site i only knew one person on here. Now ive made some fabulous friends.

I only play with single men and a jolly good time is had by all!! obviously i live in the wrong area then."

Would you like some Cheese with that Whine??

If a guy writes us a proper e mail we Always reply!

Try to be a bit more positive...jeeeez

J x

Cyprus

We are proof of that.. I meet Mrjnp on here over 3 yrs ago when we were swinging as singles,we have been in a relationship ever since.yes i would love to meet a single woman on here who wants to start a relationship and then perhaps stand a better chance of meeting more people too.as i have said before i think couples and single women are the ones having all the fun on here not single guys.

There is nothing like a social for expanding your friends base, after that... who knows what will happen.

That is so true, when i joined this site i only knew one person on here. Now ive made some fabulous friends."

I didn't know anyone....... until Diamond started picking on me!

A lot of Single Guys on here whine and moan about being second class citizens etc on here.

We mainly meet single guys...therefore feel in a position to comment.

Guys like this give the rest bad names. The sad fact is most of the single guys on here are chancers and not worth any of your time!

However! There are some fantastic guys out there, who seem to do very well for themselves!

Because, the have that certain something...that the majority lack!

Sorry Guys thats just the way it is!

As for this guy...Forget him and block him...xxxx

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

"

You last verification is from 2nd March THIS year. This is hardly the dim and distant past. Seems like you are doing OK and making friends and connections with people. Don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed but honestly you are having a lot more success on the site than a lot of single guys. Chin up!"

exactly what i was thinking ..6 meets in less than 6 weeks..some of them repeats - theres a hell of a lot of people ( and not just single guys ) who'd be thrilled with that "sucess rate" .

you say you havent met anyone for ages but its a few weeks ..not years !

i agree with those who've already said that if , even with this amount of meets, its making you unhappy to the point of people noticing then you need to be doing something else or making some changes to your perception / expectation.

good luck

There is nothing like a social for expanding your friends base, after that... who knows what will happen."

thank you for the advice i will certainly take it on board.x

By *zMaleMan  over a year ago

penzance

I live alone.

I got man flu.

It's raining.

My glass is half empty.

The world is nigh

I'm depressed

I'm going to find the nearest tree

Goodbye cruel world