FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Handbags

Handbags

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Ok i dont have expensive things like shoes and bags im quite a simple soul. But Jay gave me the money to buy a nice leather bag for my birthday. Where going to downtown on tuesday to get one. Is there any you would recommend i like ragley stuff and my friend told me about tula. Ive got £150 to spend on one

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *prite128Woman  over a year ago

maidstone

radley would have my vote ... i have one i use for work and after 2 and a half years of almost daily use its still looking lovely . Tula have radley..and if you have an outlet place near you they often have stores there. I got mine there..£70 instead of £150 and still the most expensive thing I have ever bought for myself.

"radley would have my vote ... i have one i use for work and after 2 and a half years of almost daily use its still looking lovely . Tula have radley..and if you have an outlet place near you they often have stores there. I got mine there..£70 instead of £150 and still the most expensive thing I have ever bought for myself.

"

Thats just what i was thinking, it is an outlet place that we are going to its called downtown and has a boundary mills in there. I shall let you know after tuesday sprite

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do not have any Radley branded bags, but do have a few Tula bags, and the leather is lovely, my oldest tula bag actually looks nice now than when it was new as they wear so well.

However, if you want to treat yourself to a really nice bag, i would recomend Osprey. If you have a look in John Lewis or House of fraser they often have quite decent discounts on them and you could prob find something for your £150, you would not be dissapoited.

save your money! go to the charity shops, it's where I get all my bags....picked up some fabby designer bargains from £4.00

Hope you find a super duper one for yourself with that money, a very generous gift. xxxxx

"save your money! go to the charity shops, it's where I get all my bags....picked up some fabby designer bargains from £4.00

Hope you find a super duper one for yourself with that money, a very generous gift. xxxxx"

I thought I was just being cheap when I thought "I could get 15 bags for that money!!"

If I spend over a tenner I feel I have to justify it to myself

But then I cant use the same bag all the time, I like to have loads of choose from so I tend to go with cheap. then when I get bored either the girls get them for the dress up box or I hand them into a charity shop

Shona

x x x

By *ebzStarWoman  over a year ago

Notting

It IS worth paying for a decent bag.

MY step mam used to buy lots of cheap ones - and they wore out in no time, looks scuffed and horrid very quickly.

Me dad started buying her Radley bags for her xmas, so she gets a decent bag each year, and they last.

She still has a few sparkly dress bags too - but the Radley's win every time.

Lucky you Diamonds, hope you find a little treasure- and if you can get em half price as stated above - you may even be able to treat yourself to TWO

I have never spent that much on a handbag, brief case, yes, handbag, no!

Not a handbag person myself, so I do not have a clue.

The brand with the doggy tag is quite cute though, I believe that is Radley, right?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"Ok i dont have expensive things like shoes and bags im quite a simple soul. But Jay gave me the money to buy a nice leather bag for my birthday. Where going to downtown on tuesday to get one. Is there any you would recommend i like ragley stuff and my friend told me about tula. Ive got £150 to spend on one "
you mean Radley i think, yeah very cool bags, but i have had some great bargains if you shop around as Laine suggested

Thank you ladies i took your advice and went to the outlet shop i bought a lovely classy dark brown tula bag should of been £125 reduced to £49 and a cerise tula purse (as i always loose mine) should of been £33 was reduced to £22 so i spent £71 instead of £158 not quite as up market as maddies prada but im happy with it

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"Thank you ladies i took your advice and went to the outlet shop i bought a lovely classy dark brown tula bag should of been £125 reduced to £49 and a cerise tula purse (as i always loose mine) should of been £33 was reduced to £22 so i spent £71 instead of £158 not quite as up market as maddies prada but im happy with it"

A succcessful day shopping then. Well done

Nice you get something you like when you feel youve paid a good price for it too I think

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Thank you ladies i took your advice and went to the outlet shop i bought a lovely classy dark brown tula bag should of been £125 reduced to £49 and a cerise tula purse (as i always loose mine) should of been £33 was reduced to £22 so i spent £71 instead of £158 not quite as up market as maddies prada but im happy with it"

I do hope I get to see them at the May social......I love a nice handbag

And you know me and handbags...... I just gotta have them!

I think we should have a fab trip to downtown the radley (is that right) and tula all had lots off anything from £20 - £75 i got mine cause i liked it but was also reduced by so much they had the traditional classy ones but also small ones little satchels that kind of thing oh and there was some ann shilton ones but ive never heard of her lol

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"I think we should have a fab trip to downtown the radley (is that right) and tula all had lots off anything from £20 - £75 i got mine cause i liked it but was also reduced by so much they had the traditional classy ones but also small ones little satchels that kind of thing oh and there was some ann shilton ones but ive never heard of her lol"

Ann Shilton not so good babe.

Stick to Radley, a good DKNY, prada, Tula and (if Jay is feeling really really generous one day) a Chloe (beautifully made and soooooo soft)

I think we needs a girlie weekend at this shop you've found....... count me in!!

"I think we should have a fab trip to downtown the radley (is that right) and tula all had lots off anything from £20 - £75 i got mine cause i liked it but was also reduced by so much they had the traditional classy ones but also small ones little satchels that kind of thing oh and there was some ann shilton ones but ive never heard of her lol

Ann Shilton not so good babe.

Stick to Radley, a good DKNY, prada, Tula and (if Jay is feeling really really generous one day) a Chloe (beautifully made and soooooo soft)

I think we needs a girlie weekend at this shop you've found....... count me in!!"

Its called downtown and has a boundary mills in it, it has really lovely clothes in it but im too fat for most of them lol. But expensive designer clothes

By *ickedWWoman  over a year ago

Chester

Oh Diamonds after a few weeks at slimming world you'll be slipping into those designer clothes, just you watch..

For day to day and weekend, I don't do handbag but carry a backpack, which has to be of a certain Kipling design, and I already have a spare waiting to replace my current one.

I have a selection of small clutches for evenings though, not branded.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Has to be a Mulberry.....

» Add a new message to this topic