FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Leeds Riots

Leeds Riots

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTable OP   Couple 11 weeks ago

Leeds

This is a little too close to home for me, after seeing videos of children encouraged to throw bricks at police and playing on their bikes around a burning bus.

Surely the people starting these know this behaviour isn't getting them anywhere, especially allowing kids to get involved in such a dangerous situation.

I could not believe my eyes seeing those videos and the kids!!

I just don't get it, what do people think they'll achieve from violence & vandalism?

Stuff like this freaks me out, I just don't get it at all.

Hope any fabbers in the area are all ok.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *lue RascalMan 11 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

Saw this on my Twitter feed yesterday. Is there a reason it’s all kicking off? Not that it justifies what they’re doing.

By *obilebottomMan 11 weeks ago

All over

It's appalling and they don't even realise the damage it does to their own area. The parents of those involved should hung their heads in shame but I am sure have none. Whatever the reasons to protest, and sometimes there are reasons, doing it this way or adopting any violent stance is unacceptable

Leeds

"Saw this on my Twitter feed yesterday. Is there a reason it’s all kicking off? Not that it justifies what they’re doing. "

A family had 5 children removed by social services after 1 7 month old suffered a fractured skull after falling from a window, the social services had to get the police as they where being stopped and it all escalated from there.

Mrs

Leeds

"It's appalling and they don't even realise the damage it does to their own area. The parents of those involved should hung their heads in shame but I am sure have none. Whatever the reasons to protest, and sometimes there are reasons, doing it this way or adopting any violent stance is unacceptable "

The amount of children involved absolutely shocked me.

And your right it's their own community they've destroyed they should be made to do the clean up too.

By *asycouple1971Couple 11 weeks ago

midlands

Let's hope all those caught on camera have their doors kicked in by the police at 4 am.

Stop all the investments and help in that area from council and Govt.

They want to act like rats then treat them like rats.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 11 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

The police and social services, regardless of the ill informed ideas of dumb people , do NOT remove a family of children because one child had an accident.

If people applied a bit of reason or logic , they could deduce that there is history behind this and that things have gone far enough .

Anyone tell me how a BABY gets to a window ? Who isn't in control ? Who wasn't safeguarding ? Fucking Michael Jackson ?

More will come out and the people who back the parents and get in the way of official rule following bodies do more to harm the children further ..

They just blindly support those who they see as 'them' ......

I await further info.

It's all fucking scary - they'd do you as soon as look at you.

Leeds

"

The police and social services, regardless of the ill informed ideas of dumb people , do NOT remove a family of children because one child had an accident.

If people applied a bit of reason or logic , they could deduce that there is history behind this and that things have gone far enough .

Anyone tell me how a BABY gets to a window ? Who isn't in control ? Who wasn't safeguarding ? Fucking Michael Jackson ?

More will come out and the people who back the parents and get in the way of official rule following bodies do more to harm the children further ..

I await further info.

It's all fucking scary - they'd do you as soon as look at you."

Totally agree there will be so much more too it and a full investigation prior to removing any children, the courts would have had to sanction this, they can't just turn up and remove children willy nilly there's definitely a lot more too it.

I just can't believe the amount of people on the videos encouraging their children to participate - I hope SS are onto them next.

Mrs

By *inkyropecoupleCouple 11 weeks ago

carluke

"Let's hope all those caught on camera have their doors kicked in by the police at 4 am.

"

Bit harsh on those who live in the area and did not get involved….

By *ondiego85Man 11 weeks ago

nottingham

"

I await further info.

This.

By *d4fun73Man 11 weeks ago

Shipley

Same old people

Leeds

"Same old people "

A huge mix of people I think.

King's Crustacean

If they hadn't have acted there would have been a huge outcry about poor services when one of the children died.

By *ansoffateMan 11 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I don't think the anger of so many people there will have been solely about that one isolated incident. When these incidents occur people tend to focus on the moment that sparked it, and ignore the wider context.

It's really sad to see the level of social decay we have in this country i. I hope riots don't spread like they have in the past. From what I have read no one has been injured and it's only property that has been destroyed on this occasion. That's something I guess.

By *nnCeeWoman 11 weeks ago

East of Eden, West of Hell

Sheeeshh... scary!

Stay safe out there people x

By *ellhungvweMan 11 weeks ago

Cheltenham

"Same old people

A huge mix of people I think."

I am not a copper but I know a few and they all tell me that the vast majority of issues they regularly deal with stem from a small group of people. Every community has that family or two who just want to fuck it up for everyone else.

By *batMan 11 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"Let's hope all those caught on camera have their doors kicked in by the police at 4 am.

Bit harsh on those who live in the area and did not get involved…."

Beat me to it!

Sadly, there will be a litany of issues that community has. Some of them perhaps justified. But with 14 years of Tory underinvestment, there's a lot to fix!

Gbat

By *icecouple561Couple 11 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If they hadn't have acted there would have been a huge outcry about poor services when one of the children died. "

Took the words out of my mouth

By *aitonelMan 11 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Saw this on my Twitter feed yesterday. Is there a reason it’s all kicking off? Not that it justifies what they’re doing. "

Thing is the majority will neither know or care what it's about, they will just see group violence and then want to join in with the crowd.

By *p4itfilthMan 11 weeks ago

Leeds

I live near leeds.... id love to fuck a asian/ muslim woman. They look so sexy!

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

Plenty of mobile phone footage to identify the idiots.

By *orksguy1965Man 11 weeks ago

Howden

They should of sent the army in and shot them all. Behaved like out of control animals, so should of be treat like them!

By *batMan 11 weeks ago

"They should of sent the army in and shot them all. Behaved like out of control animals, so should have be treat like them!"

Yep, that always resolves the issue. Get the army to kill stupid kids.

What you're suggesting is quite the animal behaviour. Perhaps they'll come for you next???

Gbat

By *glyBettyTV/TS 11 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

My automatic reaction is to side with the people over the establishment , but I don't know enough about that situation, and frankly i probably don't care enough to find out when I've got podcasts and Prime videos to churn through on my day off work.

All I'll say is things like this don't just happen for no reason.

By *oydykeWoman 11 weeks ago

Southampton (they/them)

"I live near leeds.... id love to fuck a asian/ muslim woman. They look so sexy!"

Thanks for letting us know

By *ust want fun 888Man 11 weeks ago

nearby

Just plain and simple mindless thuggery with no control over their kids. Social services can never win, if they didn’t go there would be uproar and when they did arrive there was up, people just baffle me at times

Can never understand why they set buses, Taxis et cetera on fire, they’re the very services they may need the next day to get to work, those who do work

By *aveE10Man 11 weeks ago

derry

To be honest being from Northern Ireland I should be used to this but when I seen some of the videos

I was shocked, there’s no place for that at all in today world

By *aughtyfun_121Man 11 weeks ago

Bradford

"I don't think the anger of so many people there will have been solely about that one isolated incident. When these incidents occur people tend to focus on the moment that sparked it, and ignore the wider context.

"

The problem often stems from basic human nature. A person is generally intelligent (well, enough to function like a reasonable human being), they can be reasoned with and will generally behave well. When dealing with people, you usually find that the dangerous ones are the exception to the rule.

Unfortunately, a mob is not like that. The IQ of a mob can be worked out by finding the most intelligent person and the dividing their IQ by the number of people in it. Hence the disgusting scenes witnessed last night. Scenes I do feel are sparked by a litany of 'grievences' that are often minor, petty and unfounded, and lit by that 'final straw' of safeguarding children.

Fuck knows what the bus did to offend them (although a ticket seems like daylight robbery these days), but that really proves the point I feel. Mindless violence affecting a community that has to try pick up the pieces for what will doubtless be for months after.

Doubt the kids are going home soon at any rate.

King's Crustacean

"I live near leeds.... id love to fuck a asian/ muslim woman. They look so sexy!"

Thank you for calling. Your cock is very important to us and one of our agents ( thank Christ I resisted that opportunity ) will be with you when they have dealt with the LEEDS RIOTS.

By *rPunxMan 11 weeks ago

Hull

"They should of sent the army in and shot them all. Behaved like out of control animals, so should of be treat like them!"
yeah because that really works well doesn't it just like it did in Ireland. Did you by any chance vote reform?

By *orksguy1965Man 11 weeks ago

Howden

Yes I did, it's time this country toughened up on gang culture knife crime and drugs etc

By *icolerobbieCouple 11 weeks ago

walsall

So does Leeds social services according to local rioters.

By *mileyculturebelfastMan 11 weeks ago

belfast

"I don't think the anger of so many people there will have been solely about that one isolated incident. When these incidents occur people tend to focus on the moment that sparked it, and ignore the wider context.

It's really sad to see the level of social decay we have in this country i. I hope riots don't spread like they have in the past. From what I have read no one has been injured and it's only property that has been destroyed on this occasion. That's something I guess."

Wise up. Trying to be liberal and not blaming the scum who riot is pathetic.

If it was white people I bet your reply would be different.

Hull

"Yes I did, it's time this country toughened up on gang culture knife crime and drugs etc"
so multi-millionaire tax avoidance which is starving public services like the police is OK then?

belfast

Bit harsh on those who live in the area and did not get involved….

Beat me to it!

Sadly, there will be a litany of issues that community has. Some of them perhaps justified. But with 14 years of Tory underinvestment, there's a lot to fix!

Gbat "

What pc rubbish. Kids were taken from shite parents. Scum rioted.

belfast

"My automatic reaction is to side with the people over the establishment , but I don't know enough about that situation, and frankly i probably don't care enough to find out when I've got podcasts and Prime videos to churn through on my day off work.

All I'll say is things like this don't just happen for no reason."

So you can know nothing about it but are blaming the authorities. Clown.

By *AJMLKTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Burley

"Just plain and simple mindless thuggery with no control over their kids. Social services can never win, if they didn’t go there would be uproar and when they did arrive there was up, people just baffle me at times

Can never understand why they set buses, Taxis et cetera on fire, they’re the very services they may need the next day to get to work, those who do work"

For many of them, it's the first time they've made fire. It's an evolutionary step-up for that community

"Yes I did, it's time this country toughened up on gang culture knife crime and drugs etc"

and before that did you vote UKIP? and before that BNP?

belfast

"Yes I did, it's time this country toughened up on gang culture knife crime and drugs etc so multi-millionaire tax avoidance which is starving public services like the police is OK then?"

Yeah that's exactly what he said.

belfast

"Yes I did, it's time this country toughened up on gang culture knife crime and drugs etc

and before that did you vote UKIP? and before that BNP?"

Yeah cuz they're the only people who are against knife crime and drugs.

Idiots like you are to blame.

Hull

"Yes I did, it's time this country toughened up on gang culture knife crime and drugs etc

and before that did you vote UKIP? and before that BNP?

Yeah cuz they're the only people who are against knife crime and drugs.

Idiots like you are to blame. "

ex football hooligans against violence fucking great one that best joke I've heard in years

Sagittarius A

It's really sad to see the level of social decay we have in this country i. I hope riots don't spread like they have in the past. From what I have read no one has been injured and it's only property that has been destroyed on this occasion. That's something I guess.

Wise up. Trying to be liberal and not blaming the scum who riot is pathetic.

If it was white people I bet your reply would be different. "

No I don't think it would be. And I don't think your assessment of my position is accurate either.

By *ormalguy71Man 11 weeks ago

Tunbridge Wells

I will probably get some hate from this but having watched several videos from these riots and news reports I feel reasonably well informed. One channel reporting claimed this is a heavily populated area with immigrants coming to this location for the past 15 years.

As someone has previously mentioned the Police and Social would not be removing 5 kids for no reason, there has to be an imminent threat to safety.

One report even mentioned the police had been advised to avoid the area for there own safety and this leads me on to my issue.

Now I have no issue with immigrants coming to this country when fleeing war in there own country but do not be coming here and bringing with you the behaviour that is acceptable in your country. You are in England, abide by our rules or return home.

It shows you how little they care than when launching missiles at the police or setting fire to a bus none of them attempted to cover there faces. That says to me they are not expecting much to happen to them if they are caught.

I and this is where I will get hate from, I would like to see all of them arrested, prosecuted and there immigrations status removed.

I for one watched these videos and felt complete and utter shame this was happening in my country

"I will probably get some hate from this but having watched several videos from these riots and news reports I feel reasonably well informed. One channel reporting claimed this is a heavily populated area with immigrants coming to this location for the past 15 years.

As someone has previously mentioned the Police and Social would not be removing 5 kids for no reason, there has to be an imminent threat to safety.

One report even mentioned the police had been advised to avoid the area for there own safety and this leads me on to my issue.

Now I have no issue with immigrants coming to this country when fleeing war in there own country but do not be coming here and bringing with you the behaviour that is acceptable in your country. You are in England, abide by our rules or return home.

It shows you how little they care than when launching missiles at the police or setting fire to a bus none of them attempted to cover there faces. That says to me they are not expecting much to happen to them if they are caught.

I and this is where I will get hate from, I would like to see all of them arrested, prosecuted and there immigrations status removed.

I for one watched these videos and felt complete and utter shame this was happening in my country"

Totally agree with you.

By *aleforfun22Man 11 weeks ago

Lancashire

"

totally agree with you

By *he Ring WraithMan 11 weeks ago

Bradford

I suspect at the end of the day there will be many arrests and so there should be as well as many convictions, and i suspect that they will come from all ethnic groups that reside in Harehills and other Leeds areas, these people will have come from all over to add their 'input' to help escalate the situation for their own political / social / unknown ends

By *aleforfun22Man 11 weeks ago

Lancashire

"I will probably get some hate from this but having watched several videos from these riots and news reports I feel reasonably well informed. One channel reporting claimed this is a heavily populated area with immigrants coming to this location for the past 15 years.

I for one watched these videos and felt complete and utter shame this was happening in my country"

i agree with your post but the ones who get arrested nothing will happen to them.as in yesterdays news a guy who stole of someone in the street of london of there 25.000 grand watch got community service and not prison.why ? Because his lawyer said he couldnt speak english and would cost more money sending him to prison to have a interpreter.that will open a can of worms now cause thats what they all will start saying.this country is fucked.

By *rHotNottsMan 11 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"

"

It gets tribal at the bottom. I’ve seen very similar mentality here, in aboriginal reserves and Roma communities. They know what’s best for them , they know they are never getting out & they know who the enemy is

By *acksparrow99Man 11 weeks ago

Canary Wharf, London

When people move to other countries they take some of their home country with them; Brits turn bits of Spain into British enclaves, people from broken states moving to Britain turn bits of Britain into broken neighbourhoods. We should have a conversation in this country about our expectations, what we expect immigrants to do, how we expect them to behave, what we expect them to respect in return for the safe haven and the money we offer them.

This thread is a gammon fest now

Leeds

"If they hadn't have acted there would have been a huge outcry about poor services when one of the children died. "

Exactly, I've just seen the video of them trying to get the kids into the car surrounded by people it's just crazy.

By *ools and the brainCouple 11 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

"It's appalling and they don't even realise the damage it does to their own area. The parents of those involved should hung their heads in shame but I am sure have none. Whatever the reasons to protest, and sometimes there are reasons, doing it this way or adopting any violent stance is unacceptable

The amount of children involved absolutely shocked me.

And your right it's their own community they've destroyed they should be made to do the clean up too."

Just the state of play today.

This is the result of the soft approach to raising children today.

" Ok Jonny I see you set a bus on fire and threw a brick at a policeman,shall we talk about why you did it and whilst you are thinking about it here's a playstation 5 to play with"

"FUCK OFF NONCE"

" ok Jonny sorry for upsetting you asking for an explanation, here's a takeaway and I'll leave you alone sorry to have bothered you"

Meanwhile hard working people have had their lives changed because of damage to their businesses.

But as long as the ones who did it aren't spoken to harshly it's ok.

Zero consequences for bad behaviour, country is at breaking point!

Leeds

I wondered why I was off men....then I remembered

Mrs

couple, us we him her.

They are playing on the fact that there's no prison space available to lock people up.

[Removed by poster at 19/07/24 17:32:52]

couple, us we him her.

"If they hadn't have acted there would have been a huge outcry about poor services when one of the children died.

Exactly, I've just seen the video of them trying to get the kids into the car surrounded by people it's just crazy."

We moved from that London place in 2000 because the estate we lived on was run by a gang of kid's ranging from as young as 5 up to 17 about 30 of them doing whatever they liked.

Looks like the rest of the country has caught up

Sagittarius A

The problem often stems from basic human nature. A person is generally intelligent (well, enough to function like a reasonable human being), they can be reasoned with and will generally behave well. When dealing with people, you usually find that the dangerous ones are the exception to the rule.

Unfortunately, a mob is not like that. The IQ of a mob can be worked out by finding the most intelligent person and the dividing their IQ by the number of people in it. Hence the disgusting scenes witnessed last night. Scenes I do feel are sparked by a litany of 'grievences' that are often minor, petty and unfounded, and lit by that 'final straw' of safeguarding children.

Fuck knows what the bus did to offend them (although a ticket seems like daylight robbery these days), but that really proves the point I feel. Mindless violence affecting a community that has to try pick up the pieces for what will doubtless be for months after.

Doubt the kids are going home soon at any rate. "

Absolutely, the mob mentality is definitely a big factor. Your formula for IQ made me laugh, it's probably a good rule of thumb.

And that's what is sad about it. Really nothing will change, whether there's a justifiable cause for the anger or not. The mess will be cleared up. Some people will be convicted. A bit of blame-panto and then business as usual till the next time.

By *eliusMan 11 weeks ago

Henlow

"

I await further info.

Although I agree with you in principle, many of the child welfare staff are poorly trained - some get to qualify via online certification courses. I had one care worker ring me at my martial arts club pretending to be a parent trying to find information about a child. I told them that i couldn’t possibly discuss or disclose anything with them. When I searched the number they’d called me on I found their Linked in profile and that they worked for the local authority… so again I agree with you in principle but there are people out there who shouldn’t be working in child welfare’

Leeds

"

I await further info.

Although I agree with you in principle, many of the child welfare staff are poorly trained - some get to qualify via online certification courses. I had one care worker ring me at my martial arts club pretending to be a parent trying to find information about a child. I told them that i couldn’t possibly discuss or disclose anything with them. When I searched the number they’d called me on I found their Linked in profile and that they worked for the local authority… so again I agree with you in principle but there are people out there who shouldn’t be working in child welfare’"

These people still can't just take a child, there's a whole process including the courts signing off based on the evidence - children can't just be removed because Karen with her online degree says so.

Mrs

Sagittarius A

"

I await further info.

Although I agree with you in principle, many of the child welfare staff are poorly trained - some get to qualify via online certification courses. I had one care worker ring me at my martial arts club pretending to be a parent trying to find information about a child. I told them that i couldn’t possibly discuss or disclose anything with them. When I searched the number they’d called me on I found their Linked in profile and that they worked for the local authority… so again I agree with you in principle but there are people out there who shouldn’t be working in child welfare’"

I agree with this too. Social services are far from infallible. Mistakes occur frequently. And that's not about bashing social workers. Social services is woefully underfunded and often support for families just doesn't exist in any tangible way. Staff retention of social workers is very low. I've seen way too many mistakes made by social services to presume they have got it right. I will be suspending my judgment on that one.

By *batMan 11 weeks ago

This is now a blockfest. We should have these more often.

Gbat

By *heel markMan 11 weeks ago

beside the sea

Integration is working well in Leeds I see .

I feel sorry for the decent hard working people, who's community has been taken over by scum ..

"Integration is working well in Leeds I see .

I feel sorry for the decent hard working people, who's community has been taken over by scum .."

If you read the reports (even the rightwing press like the mail on line) you will see that local community members sought to protect the police and also were involved in trying to put out the fires before the fire brigade turned up, and also were active in the clean up of the mess.

beside the sea

If you read the reports (even the rightwing press like the mail on line) you will see that local community members sought to protect the police and also were involved in trying to put out the fires before the fire brigade turned up, and also were active in the clean up of the mess.

Some may well have been, but from the footage I've seen the vast majority were rioting ,plain and simple.

By *eedshandymanMan 11 weeks ago

leeds

Harehills Leeds was a great place to live in the 50s??

nottingham

Wow, all the gammons are turning up in this post.

As I suspected, they are noisy and despicable but a small bunch. Carry on guys, I never get tired of your nonsense

By *electableicecreamMan 11 weeks ago

The West

Nice fragrant waft of privilege drifting off this thread.

By *r.Vice GuyMan 11 weeks ago

bristol/london

Police stripped some kids from their family and took them into care. You can literally see the kids fighting to stay in the house and the police dragging them out.

bristol/london

Is it just me or is it the further north you go the more brazenly racist it gets?

By *batMan 11 weeks ago

"Police stripped some kids from their family and took them into care. You can literally see the kids fighting to stay in the house and the police dragging them out. "

Emotive language there! As others have said, it’s not done lightly.

Gbat

bristol/london

This ain't pokemon, bruv. What's the matter wiv you, man? Get a pocket pussy and paint it brown if it's colour your into

By *allerthanaverage79Man 11 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"This is a little too close to home for me, after seeing videos of children encouraged to throw bricks at police and playing on their bikes around a burning bus.

Surely the people starting these know this behaviour isn't getting them anywhere, especially allowing kids to get involved in such a dangerous situation.

I could not believe my eyes seeing those videos and the kids!!

I just don't get it, what do people think they'll achieve from violence & vandalism?

Stuff like this freaks me out, I just don't get it at all.

Hope any fabbers in the area are all ok."

To be honest - they do live in Leeds, it's no Harrogate!

bristol/london

"Police stripped some kids from their family and took them into care. You can literally see the kids fighting to stay in the house and the police dragging them out.

Gbat "

Have you watched the videos? Have you seen the terror in the children's eyes being stripped from their home?

I've bared witness many times over to the failing of this system and how backwards the courts and law works. I know there are good people working with in the system, but unfortunately the system is awful at communicating with different branches of itself.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 11 weeks ago

North West

"Is it just me or is it the further north you go the more brazenly racist it gets?"

No. There's brazen racism not only in all parts of the UK, but all around the world too.

nottingham

"Police stripped some kids from their family and took them into care. You can literally see the kids fighting to stay in the house and the police dragging them out.

Gbat

Have you watched the videos? Have you seen the terror in the children's eyes being stripped from their home?

I've bared witness many times over to the failing of this system and how backwards the courts and law works. I know there are good people working with in the system, but unfortunately the system is awful at communicating with different branches of itself. "

You watched the videos and got emotive.

The social workers, though, had to look at a medical report detailing that a little kid had a fractured skull due to falling down from a 1st floor window. No time for emotions, eh? And I can assure you that there’s more to that, if they decided to get the kids out.

The West

".

Police rescued some kids from their family and took them into care. You can literally see the kids fighting to stay in the house and the police dragging them out. "

Fixed that for you

[Removed by poster at 19/07/24 21:36:18]

".

Police rescued some kids from their family and took them into care. You can literally see the kids fighting to stay in the house and the police dragging them out.

Fixed that for you"

Seems odd that the kids themselves didn't consider it to be a rescue mission, otherwise you'd think they'd be more willing to co-operate

nottingham

".

Police rescued some kids from their family and took them into care. You can literally see the kids fighting to stay in the house and the police dragging them out.

Fixed that for you

Seems odd that the kids themselves didn't consider it to be a rescue mission, otherwise you'd think they'd be more willing to co-operate"

Not surprising at all. They don’t understand what’s going on, from their point of view they’re being removed from their house without reason. When you grew up accustomed to being left on your own by your parents, with no safety in the house, no economical stability, you’ll consider normal the fact that your 7 months old sibling was left alone in a room with an open window and is lucky to be alive after falling from it.

But hey, social services are bad and all parents are good, right?

I swear guys, your naivety is appalling.

By *entlemanFoxMan 11 weeks ago

North East / London

".

Fixed that for you

Seems odd that the kids themselves didn't consider it to be a rescue mission, otherwise you'd think they'd be more willing to co-operate"

Not at all, it is extremely common in abusive situations that the victim doesn’t want to be removed from the perpetrators.

bristol/london

".

Fixed that for you

Seems odd that the kids themselves didn't consider it to be a rescue mission, otherwise you'd think they'd be more willing to co-operate

Not at all, it is extremely common in abusive situations that the victim doesn’t want to be removed from the perpetrators. "

Given I was abused as a child by my step father and did everything I could to escape multiple times over. I struggle to swallow this massively.

If it's Stockholm syndrome you speak of, then it's more to do with the fact an individual will feel empathy for their captors.

bristol/london

".

Fixed that for you

Not surprising at all. They don’t understand what’s going on, from their point of view they’re being removed from their house without reason. When you grew up accustomed to being left on your own by your parents, with no safety in the house, no economical stability, you’ll consider normal the fact that your 7 months old sibling was left alone in a room with an open window and is lucky to be alive after falling from it.

I swear guys, your naivety is appalling."

Have you actually dealt with social services? Have you dealt with the bristish court system? Have you actually lived in this situation yourself? Are you a trained professional of psychology or social care?

nottingham

".

Fixed that for you

Not at all, it is extremely common in abusive situations that the victim doesn’t want to be removed from the perpetrators.

Given I was abused as a child by my step father and did everything I could to escape multiple times over. I struggle to swallow this massively.

If it's Stockholm syndrome you speak of, then it's more to do with the fact an individual will feel empathy for their captors. "

I’m afraid anecdotes are not reliable.

As said before, it’s quite common for a victim of domestic violence to not acknowledge they are, in fact, a victim. Hence the refusal of any help. Never heard of women victims of an abusive partner who do not want to report it to the police?

bristol/london

".

Fixed that for you

If it's Stockholm syndrome you speak of, then it's more to do with the fact an individual will feel empathy for their captors.

As said before, it’s quite common for a victim of domestic violence to not acknowledge they are, in fact, a victim. Hence the refusal of any help. Never heard of women victims of an abusive partner who do not want to report it to the police?

"

I'm speaking from first hand experience what you speaking from, diego?

".

Fixed that for you

Not surprising at all. They don’t understand what’s going on, from their point of view they’re being removed from their house without reason. When you grew up accustomed to being left on your own by your parents..."

I stopped reading here.....this reads like an assumption you have to make in order to justify this action. It seems like whatever their situation was, it wasn't bad enough that were they willing to accept being forcibly removed from their home by strangers.

Clearly this was done against literally everyone's wishes, nobody seemingly in the entire vicinity seemed to view it as a rescue mission. How does that happen?

By *allerthanaverage79Man 11 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"It's appalling and they don't even realise the damage it does to their own area. The parents of those involved should hung their heads in shame but I am sure have none. Whatever the reasons to protest, and sometimes there are reasons, doing it this way or adopting any violent stance is unacceptable "

Bring back national service- oh wait!

nottingham

".

Fixed that for you

Have you actually dealt with social services? Have you dealt with the bristish court system? Have you actually lived in this situation yourself? Are you a trained professional of psychology or social care?"

I am/ I dealt with a couple of the things you mentioned.

Hence why I say this naivety is appalling. Actually, beyond appalling. This is footballisation of a complex problem: people see only two sides, rather than acknowledging that there are very complex situations that cannot be sorted by a letter to the parents.

Mic drop, I’m going to bed. All this whataboutism, naivety and gammonry is making me sick. I’ll check again tomorrow for more laughs

bristol/london

".

Fixed that for you

I'm speaking from first hand experience what you speaking from, diego?"

Amd Stockholm syndrome isn't an anecdote. Is it? Quite literally an accepted theory, but it's still a theory and not, like most thing, 100% infallible

Sagittarius A

".

Fixed that for you

I wonder how well their opinions were taken into consideration, in the decision making process. They do have legal rights for their wishes to be respected and reflected in decisions, which affect them. It doesn't seem they agree that they were.

What was that decision making process exactly? Did they have independent advocacy. If it was neglect are the parents being charged with a criminal offence? Was support offered to the parents, if so what? There's a lot of questions to be asked.

bristol/london

".

Fixed that for you

Have you actually dealt with social services? Have you dealt with the bristish court system? Have you actually lived in this situation yourself? Are you a trained professional of psychology or social care?

Hence why I say this naivety is appalling. Actually, beyond appalling. This is footballisation of a complex problem: people see only two sides, rather than acknowledging that there are very complex situations that cannot be sorted by a letter to the parents.

Mic drop, I’m going to bed. All this whataboutism, naivety and gammonry is making me sick. I’ll check again tomorrow for more laughs "

Your slow in the face for sure if you think I'm racist. Nice try though and thanks for playing, Diego.

nottingham

".

Fixed that for you

Not surprising at all. They don’t understand what’s going on, from their point of view they’re being removed from their house without reason. When you grew up accustomed to being left on your own by your parents...

I stopped reading here.....this reads like an assumption you have to make in order to justify this action. It seems like whatever their situation was, it wasn't bad enough that were they willing to accept being forcibly removed from their home by strangers.

Clearly this was done against literally everyone's wishes, nobody seemingly in the entire vicinity seemed to view it as a rescue mission. How does that happen?"

What are you talking about?

Do you have any idea of what it takes for social services to remove 5 children from a family?

Have you ever dealt with a Roma family and do you know how little they engage with social services?

Your is naivety mixed with arrogance stirred with ignorance. Jeez guys, honestly!

nottingham

".

Fixed that for you

Mic drop, I’m going to bed. All this whataboutism, naivety and gammonry is making me sick. I’ll check again tomorrow for more laughs

Your slow in the face for sure if you think I'm racist. Nice try though and thanks for playing, Diego. "

I haven’t said your racist. I said all the gammonry makes me sick and it’s a pity that you think it was directed at yourself.

Next time, read four times before answering. Saves you looking slow

"

I await further info.

not too sure about that lately safeguarding in general is a lot stricker now expecially local after the baby star incident which is only 10 miles or so from leeds and i know of children local that have been taken into care for less but either way these arent usually one off accidents just tip of the icebergs unfortunatly

".

Fixed that for you

Not surprising at all. They don’t understand what’s going on, from their point of view they’re being removed from their house without reason. When you grew up accustomed to being left on your own by your parents...

Clearly this was done against literally everyone's wishes, nobody seemingly in the entire vicinity seemed to view it as a rescue mission. How does that happen?

Do you have any idea of what it takes for social services to remove 5 children from a family?

Have you ever dealt with a Roma family and do you know how little they engage with social services?

Your is naivety mixed with arrogance stirred with ignorance. Jeez guys, honestly!"

What established facts do you know about their specific case?

Precedents based on anecdotes someone told you aren't sufficient.

bristol/london

Take little for social services to take children from a family.

A good case to look at the consistent failings of social service is, finley bowden. A 10 month old infant that was mutilated by his parents over a 37 day period after he was returned to them from being taken into care. Spiral services returned a child to parents that they had already taken two children from.

So your ignorance is equally amusing, Diego. Do you feel better informed because you digested your media intake from the television or a "trusted" news provider like the BBC?

I know plenty of communities that have little interaction with authorities for a multitude of reason. Personally, I've found Romanian people to be some of the most genuine and caring people I've come across.

Bad people are not confined to one race. (Ironic your saying this after trying to call people gammons/racist)

The West

"Take little for social services to take children from a family.

A good case to look at the consistent failings of social service is, finley bowden. A 10 month old infant that was mutilated by his parents over a 37 day period after he was returned to them from being taken into care. Spiral services returned a child to parents that they had already taken two children from.

So your ignorance is equally amusing, Diego. Do you feel better informed because you digested your media intake from the television or a "trusted" news provider like the BBC?

I know plenty of communities that have little interaction with authorities for a multitude of reason. Personally, I've found Romanian people to be some of the most genuine and caring people I've come across.

Bad people are not confined to one race. (Ironic your saying this after trying to call people gammons/racist)"

None of that changes the fact that you are speculating on a case you know nothing about.

bristol/london

Bad people are not confined to one race. (Ironic your saying this after trying to call people gammons/racist)

None of that changes the fact that you are speculating on a case you know nothing about."

Everyone is speculating om the case. What makes your speculation more valid?

None of that changes the fact that you are speculating on a case you know nothing about."

well we can speculate that the social dont just pick a house at random and turn up to take kids away from families so there is usually a valid reason they do

By *hill1965Man 11 weeks ago

Camberley

"If they hadn't have acted there would have been a huge outcry about poor services when one of the children died.

Took the words out of my mouth"

100% agree, the authorities do not remove children for fun!

Canary Wharf, London

"Personally, I've found Romanian people to be some of the most genuine and caring people I've come across.

"

Sorry to be picky, but not all Romanians are Roma and not all Roma are Romanians.

bristol/london

Slight subject change:

An interesting book that bares relevance to this debate is "the secret barrister" wrote by an unknown author who claims they are a practicing barrister.

It offers an insight into a world most, thankfully, will have little to no knowledge of.

bristol/london

"Personally, I've found Romanian people to be some of the most genuine and caring people I've come across.

Sorry to be picky, but not all Romanians are Roma and not all Roma are Romanians."

I didn't say they were. And I never would. Roma amd Romanians are two completely different cultures, so I'm not sure why your saying this.

bristol/london

*and *you're

By *remiumbondMan 11 weeks ago

Morpeth

It’s fucking mental….. hope the bastard setting the bus on fire is identified and taken before the courts !!!

bristol/london

" well we can speculate that the social dont just pick a house at random and turn up to take kids away from families so there is usually a valid reason they do "

It's also fair to say they have a very strongly proven track record of not doing their research properly

Leeds

".

Fixed that for you

I'm speaking from first hand experience what you speaking from, diego?"

I agree with the other dude and from 1st hand experience no I did not look to leave & I'd have probably acted the same as those kids in not wanting to go, my childhood wasn't safe at all however it was all I knew.

Mrs

Leeds

"*and *you're "

By *oofy321Man 11 weeks ago

moon base zero

Social services had been to the house several times but threatened so they got police involved for their and the children's safety

nottingham

".

Fixed that for you

Your is naivety mixed with arrogance stirred with ignorance. Jeez guys, honestly!

What established facts do you know about their specific case?

Precedents based on anecdotes someone told you aren't sufficient. "

Interesting how you ask others for established facts when you started posting based on speculation.

I know the rules, I’m not basing on anecdotes. That’s why I know that if they tried to take all the children, the last incident was only the tip of the iceberg.

nottingham

Bad people are not confined to one race. (Ironic your saying this after trying to call people gammons/racist)"

Oh no, it doesn’t “take little”

And yes, there have been many instances of people being failed by social services, or police, or the justice system or the NHS. That does not mean that these services are always wrong, nor it justifies siding immediately against them. Also, when people start talking bad about the BBC out the blue it’s usually a good indicator of their beliefs

Therefore I advice you to wait for facts. So far you have been speculating, like many others.

PS are you getting annoyed because I complained about gammons? And you think “gammon” is a racist trope? You’re a gift that keeps on giving

nottingham

".

Fixed that for you

I'm speaking from first hand experience what you speaking from, diego?

I agree with the other dude and from 1st hand experience no I did not look to leave & I'd have probably acted the same as those kids in not wanting to go, my childhood wasn't safe at all however it was all I knew.

Mrs "

Thank you for sharing.

By *ackdaw52Man 11 weeks ago

Chesterfield

OK then I'll be the elephant in the room.

Would this have happened in a non-immigrant area?

By *uri00620Woman 11 weeks ago

Croydon

"

I await further info.

Exactly this. Social services aren't child snatchers. Children are more often than not better off with parents there would have to be a huge amount of evidence collected before removal. It's never done lightly.

The West

"OK then I'll be the elephant in the room.

"

If you mean riot's then yes.

If you mean social services removing kids from situations where they are at risk then yes.

By *ravelmanxxxMan 11 weeks ago

Newcastle/Durham

"OK then I'll be the elephant in the room.

If you mean social services removing kids from situations where they are at risk then yes."

Can you name this area please??

Newcastle/Durham

"

I await further info.

Exactly this. Social services aren't child snatchers. Children are more often than not better off with parents there would have to be a huge amount of evidence collected before removal. It's never done lightly. "

For social services to be able to take a child from their home either permission must have been given by the parents or a court order must have been granted.

The West

Race–baiting

noun

: the unfair use of statements about race to try to influence the actions or attitudes of a particular group of people.

Newcastle/Durham

"Race–baiting

noun

: the unfair use of statements about race to try to influence the actions or attitudes of a particular group of people.

"

You made the statement

If you mean social services removing kids from situations where they are at risk then yes."

You answered “yes”

Please enlighten us all and name the area??

The West

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Please enlighten us all and name the area??"

Try Google. It's not hard to find information about riot's that happen outside immigrant areas.

bristol/london

"Race–baiting

noun

"

What's this in response to, dude?

Newcastle/Durham

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Try Google. It's not hard to find information about riot's that happen outside immigrant areas.

"

So you obviously haven’t yet, you just make random statements with no actual facts to back them up.

This is a political section of the forum, perhaps you can find one that’s talking about”colouring in”.

Have a nice day

The West

"Race–baiting

noun

What's this in response to, dude?"

The question as to whether this would have happened outside of an immigrant area.

The West

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

So you obviously haven’t yet, you just make random statements with no actual facts to back them up.

This is a political section of the forum, perhaps you can find one that’s talking about”colouring in”.

Have a nice day "

Dude this is The Lounge

Scroll down for Politics

Newcastle/Durham

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

Dude this is The Lounge

Scroll down for Politics

"

Oops my mistake I’m chatting in there as well , but you still haven’t answered the question. Please tell us the area??

The West

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day "

I'll give you a hint

You can use the search term 'non race related riots'

Newcastle/Durham

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

You can use the search term 'non race related riots'"

Ok so you don’t know any then ??

The West

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

"

*Yawn

2011 is a good year if you want UK based riot's that didn't kick off because of immigrants

I gave you another clue there besides the year

By *ullyMan 11 weeks ago

Near Clacton

Saw this on my Twitter feed yesterday. Is there a reason it’s all kicking off? Not that it justifies what they’re doing.

A family had 5 children removed by social services after 1 7 month old suffered a fractured skull after falling from a window, the social services had to get the police as they where being stopped and it all escalated from there.

Mrs

Your info will be better than mine as I do not have TV or Radio, nor do I take "news papers" (I much prefer toilet tissue) The report I read though said that baby was "THROWN" out of the window! That was apparently an eye witness statement.

Newcastle/Durham

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

*Yawn

2011 is a good year if you want UK based riot's that didn't kick off because of immigrants

"

You mean The London 2011 riots??

The protests started in Tottenham Hale, London, following the killing of Mark Duggan, a local Black man who was shot dead by police on 4 August.

The West

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

*Yawn

The protests started in Tottenham Hale, London, following the killing of Mark Duggan, a local Black man who was shot dead by police on 4 August."

Nope

Newcastle/Durham

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

*Yawn

The protests started in Tottenham Hale, London, following the killing of Mark Duggan, a local Black man who was shot dead by police on 4 August.

Nope "

Which one then come on you play the race card but won’t tell anyone on this feed your answer. You yell race baiting, back it up with the evidence please.

By *he Flat CapsCouple 11 weeks ago

Pontypool

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

*Yawn

The protests started in Tottenham Hale, London, following the killing of Mark Duggan, a local Black man who was shot dead by police on 4 August."

Mark Duggan - a British man. Not an immigrant.

Newcastle/Durham

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

*Yawn

"

Never said he was.

The West

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

*Yawn

Nope

Which one then come on you play the race card but won’t tell anyone on this feed your answer. You yell race baiting, back it up with the evidence please. "

Nope. The race card was played by the poster who asked if this would have happened outside an immigrant area. Which is obvious race baiting.

Also honestly if you can't make google work I can't help you.

Pontypool

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

*Yawn

Never said he was. "

It was a different poster questioned if this would have happened in a non immigrant area, and now the focus seems to be on riots and people of colour.

bristol/london

"

Also, when people start talking bad about the BBC out the blue it’s usually a good indicator of their beliefs

"

Ahh yes, the prestigious organisation that covered up the behaviour of people like Mr.Saville. How wrong I am to be naturally wary of an organisation constructed in WW2 as a propaganda machine to help brits spread misinformation into forgein countries, in a hope to sway things strategically in the war.

"

Therefore I advice you to wait for facts. So far you have been speculating, like many others.

PS are you getting annoyed because I complained about gammons? And you think “gammon” is a racist trope? You’re a gift that keeps on giving

"

Gammon

British slang, stereotype of a right-wing person who is seemingly always sunburned.

The kind of person who thinks that "flour" is a spice, that there's too many Spaniards in Spain, and that they "Don't want any of that foreign muck" when abroad instead only eating Chips and Sausages

It's quite literally a term developed by people who stood against racists kicking off about foreigners being the problem with this country. Literally spent most of my younger years waring with these donuts growing up in south London. So as you highlited above, use the quote and reply button so it's easier to follow who your response is intended for, old boy.

Lastly, following your line of logic in regards to the police not acting unless they have information to act on. I struggle to believe a community will react in a way unless given a very strong reason to.

Riots don't happen for no reason at all.

Newcastle/Durham

"Race–baiting

noun

You made the statement

You answered “yes”

Have a nice day

I'll give you a hint

*Yawn

Nope

Which one then come on you play the race card but won’t tell anyone on this feed your answer. You yell race baiting, back it up with the evidence please.

Nope. The race card was played by the poster who asked if this would have happened outside an immigrant area. Which is obvious race baiting.

Also honestly if you can't make google work I can't help you. "

Inferring a person a racist with no actual evidence to back it up is a cowardly action. You obviously have no facts behind your theories/ statements when actually asked to back them up.

Have a nice day.

bristol/london

In regards to 2011 there were riots nationwide after the murder of Mark Duggan.

I was in Bristol at the time, helping make a documentary on the people of bristol trying to stop Tescos from buying a property on one of the last 5 high streets in the UK to not have any multinational outlet on it.

There was a strong community backing for Tescos not to secure a position as most knew it would take out the local veg,butcher and fish man. This was what actually started the bristol riots and because it's on the back of St.Pauls (westindian communtiy) media reported it as being to do with the murder of Mark Duggan.

The West

"In regards to 2011 there were riots nationwide after the murder of Mark Duggan.

I was in Bristol at the time, helping make a documentary on the people of bristol trying to stop Tescos from buying a property on one of the last 5 high streets in the UK to not have any multinational outlet on it.

There was a strong community backing for Tescos not to secure a position as most knew it would take out the local veg,butcher and fish man. This was what actually started the bristol riots and because it's on the back of St.Pauls (westindian communtiy) media reported it as being to do with the murder of Mark Duggan.

"

There's been plenty of riots related to football, political protests and economic disparity in the UK.

The idea that all riots are related to race or immigration really boggles the mind.

It's also important not to confuse the spark that kicks off a riot and the underlying complex causes of rioting behaviour

The recent riot's in Dublin had nothing to do with race despite the spark being a child getting injured by a non Irish man. It was pure opportunistic behaviour by a disenfranchised youth who have been abandoned to poverty by their government. Those kids couldn't give a shite about race. The cause was economics.

bristol/london

Very well put.

By *ust RachelTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Horsham

[Removed by poster at 20/07/24 11:49:01]

By *ust RachelTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Horsham

"I suspect at the end of the day there will be many arrests and so there should be as well as many convictions, and i suspect that they will come from all ethnic groups that reside in Harehills and other Leeds areas, these people will have come from all over to add their 'input' to help escalate the situation for their own political / social / unknown ends "

You could add to the list, have a go at the police.

By *os19Man 11 weeks ago

Edmonton

Watching the BBC news last night from what I understand all this started with social services trying to take away a child from the Roma community and then others got involved.From my dealings with the Roma community first of all from what they say they don’t understand Romanian translator as the dialect is different.When they have a family member that can translate for them if they are not hearing what they want to hear then I get called a racist.I am sure not all the Roma community is like that and I try not to be negative as all nationalities and communities have good & bad

".

Fixed that for you

Clearly this was done against literally everyone's wishes, nobody seemingly in the entire vicinity seemed to view it as a rescue mission. How does that happen?"

You have no access to the facts to make such an ill informed statement.

By *inCity BluesMan 11 weeks ago

London

The people who instigated this outrage are Roma gypsies from Eastern Europe. If you have no experience of these people where you live, then I'm pleased for you. Long may it remain so.

Sadly, my part of East London has been colonised by them, and they are the worst filth you've ever encountered.

According to the EU, between between 500,000 to 1 million East European Roma now live in the UK. What was Eastern Europe's social problem has been dumped on us.

They do not work, they do not learn English, they have zero respect and they live almost totally through benefits and crime. Begging, pickpocketing, shoplifting, benefit fraud.

The charity shops around my way are a favourite target, and almost every cash machine in the High Street will have a small group of Roma - men, women, and children - hanging around, looking for opportunities, particularly with the elderly.

They are absolute scum, they cost this country a fortune through welfare and the cost of their crimes, and thanks to the EU's open borders they are here to stay.

Sagittarius A

The reports say the dad was on the street sobbing calling for calm. Asking why take my children? That doesn't sound like someone who has voluntarily consented under a section 20. If that's the power applied here then that's very concerning as that has not been executed appropriately. That does happen and the police would attend, if social services requested.

So that leaves a section 47, an EPO? On the grounds a child was thrown out of a window. Ok let's say that's valid and the sole reason. Why aren't the parents being charged with a criminal offence? The dad would know the reason then surely? If it went to conference the police would be present to assess the case and does anyone really believe they wouldn't press charges if if was as simple as that? There's eye witness accounts, professional testimony they are seeking to remove all children, but no criminal charges against the parents? I don't believe that, more information is required.

The kids are all under 14. That means at least of those children is of an age where a court would require substantial emphasis on their wishes being respected in the decision. Where is the evidence that this has occured? Who allegedly threw the baby out of the window? The parents took the baby to A&E, that's how social services became involved. Is that the only grounds for this action? What investigation took place and by whom? Section 7, 37, 47?

Have their rights been explained to them? Have they been given access to legal representation?

If it's such a clearcut case. Why isn't that information transparent? Why has the community become so outraged? It's a a family incident and social services don't take children for nothing - that's enough, really? We wouldn't even know this occurred if it wasn't for the riot. I want to know if social services followed appropriate protocol. If they have then there's no reason not to be transparent. That would be in the public interest now clearly.

Pontypool

Police powers of protection can be invoked in emergency situations if there is risk of significant harm to children.

The safety of the children is paramount, so if there were concerns for their immediate safety, this legislation may well have been used - I don't know if it was - but it's not just social workers who can remove children.

By *os19Man 11 weeks ago

Edmonton

I have seen a few posts about the London Riots 2012 and murder of Mark Duggan.First of all I do not believe it was a murder but a execution by the police.He was ambushed on a part of Tottenham Hale with little or no cctv.The mini cab driver who was driving him has never been found rumour has it paid off by the police to go back to Turkey.Also the Duggan family are a well known gangster family with links to the midlands and north of England. I believe it was a execution as perhaps the police didn’t want the drug situation to get worse in Tottenham than it already is.Also he had connections to Broadwater farm where the Tottenham riots took place in the 80’s and PC Blakelock was killed so maybe the police wanted some sort of revenge for that.As someone that lives not too far from Tottenham these I sort of things I heard from people who live in Tottenham and could will be true.

Sagittarius A

"Police powers of protection can be invoked in emergency situations if there is risk of significant harm to children.

The safety of the children is paramount, so if there were concerns for their immediate safety, this legislation may well have been used - I don't know if it was - but it's not just social workers who can remove children.

"

When that information comes to light, then we will have more comprehensive 'facts'. At present, the facts presented leave questions unanswered, as far as I am concerned.

beside the sea

When that information comes to light, then we will have more comprehensive 'facts'. At present, the facts presented leave questions unanswered, as far as I am concerned.

Why don't you ring social services or the Police to get the facts you demand!

Fact is social services removed the kids for a specific reason, that's all you need to know.

Your deluded if you think you will get any more information than has been published in a child protection case .

By *ripfillMan 11 weeks ago

havant

Absolutely…

It’s tragic to see such damage but more information will come out I feel showing the greater brevity of this incident

couple, us we him her.

I can't see how any of this is justification for rioting!

Leeds

"I can't see how any of this is justification for rioting!"

Exactly it isn't at all.

Mrs

By *piritualBlackBWW1979Woman 11 weeks ago

Medway

It's really sad to see the level of social decay we have in this country i. I hope riots don't spread like they have in the past. From what I have read no one has been injured and it's only property that has been destroyed on this occasion. That's something I guess."

Yes to this. Looking at the community this has happened within, I think you're spot on.

By *heHookyMonsterMan 11 weeks ago

Liverpool

"

Hard to argue with that to be fair.

Liverpool

Yes to this. Looking at the community this has happened within, I think you're spot on.

"

Not the community with the best of reputations sadly.

By *ig1gaz1Man 11 weeks ago

bradford

i know harehills rather well

its the mob mentality to enforce you have no control in this area.

its riff in leeds and bradford and yet hardly exists in halifax and dewsbury.

the elders say they will try and calm it down that means get out of our area while we try and talk to them the younger generation are saying get stuffed

you see it within the videos

if we want to talk about the gov side of it saying we are in control there not never have been

seperate cultures are within all areas but i dont like one rule for one lot and another rule for another lot

Liverpool

"Police powers of protection can be invoked in emergency situations if there is risk of significant harm to children.

When that information comes to light, then we will have more comprehensive 'facts'. At present, the facts presented leave questions unanswered, as far as I am concerned."

Only question right now is why a community with a very poor reputation decided to destroy so much property, achieving nothing but ill will toward them once again. No excuse in the world for it.

I'm far from right wing, but this gives credibility to the argument for those fearing immigration in this country - also giving the far right the opportunity to say 'told you so'.

Hopefully lots of arrests over the next few weeks and not only jail time, but recompense from that community in the area. Almost certainly won't happen though.

Bottom line is they've behaved like scum, so will be seen as such by many. Their community loses - including those who would have no part in it.

Liverpool

"i know harehills rather well

its the mob mentality to enforce you have no control in this area.

its riff in leeds and bradford and yet hardly exists in halifax and dewsbury.

the elders say they will try and calm it down that means get out of our area while we try and talk to them the younger generation are saying get stuffed

you see it within the videos

if we want to talk about the gov side of it saying we are in control there not never have been

seperate cultures are within all areas but i dont like one rule for one lot and another rule for another lot "

Sagittarius A

"When that information comes to light, then we will have more comprehensive 'facts'. At present, the facts presented leave questions unanswered, as far as I am concerned.

Fact is social services removed the kids for a specific reason, that's all you need to know.

Your deluded if you think you will get any more information than has been published in a child protection case ."

Nonsense, no one is above the law and unaccountable.

Whether I enquire is irrelevant, those facts are not present - therefore jumping to conclusions without them is an appeal to authority.

The delusion is believing authority is self-justifying and unaccountable to the public.

bristol/london

"

Whether I enquire is irrelevant, those facts are not present - therefore jumping to conclusions without them is an appeal to authority.

The delusion is believing authority is self-justifying and unaccountable to the public."

This! Well said as always, hans.

It seems like wherever Islam takes hold, violence follows. Leeds, Bradford, London.

bristol/london

"It seems like wherever Islam takes hold, violence follows. Leeds, Bradford, London. "

Chill out, Tommy. Religion has nothing to do with this.

"It seems like wherever Islam takes hold, violence follows. Leeds, Bradford, London.

Chill out, Tommy. Religion has nothing to do with this. "

Just pattern recognition mate

bristol/london

"It seems like wherever Islam takes hold, violence follows. Leeds, Bradford, London.

Chill out, Tommy. Religion has nothing to do with this.

Just pattern recognition mate "

Explain the pattern then an educated the rest of us how those that follow Islamic teachings are to blame for a riot in a Romanian/roma community?

Leeds

"It seems like wherever Islam takes hold, violence follows. Leeds, Bradford, London. "

ERM I don't think it was Islam here, most Romanians are Christian for a start & as you can see through the video it's certainly not all one specific religion or race in this riot it's everyone.

Yes the white man included!!

Mrs

By *eally_RosieWoman 11 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

I don’t know why but prior to this comment almost every single comment has skirted around the fact that according to most articles on the matter, this was a Roma family (think that’s the right spelling), and the outrage and rioting is coming from the Romani community.

I have substantial experience working in education in a deprived area, and live on a street that now has more Romani occupants than any other nationality, and we get on well with and speak with our foreign neighbours regularly.

They have no interest in integrating or necessarily following rules or social obligations (that is first hand from my neighbour - not an assumption). As with all cultures, some are easy to get along with and others aren’t… but from personal experience of them moving kids between families to avoid registering at school, dumping rubbish in the street, ridiculously loud music that everyone else has to suffer, using public spaces as party grounds, obvious drink-driving infringements…

Have whatever opinion you like on that, but it should not come as a surprise that when people aren’t held to account for anti-social behaviour for whatever political reasons, it hits a flashpoint when something critical like child welfare means the authorities have to step in.

The West

"When that information comes to light, then we will have more comprehensive 'facts'. At present, the facts presented leave questions unanswered, as far as I am concerned.

Your deluded if you think you will get any more information than has been published in a child protection case .

The delusion is believing authority is self-justifying and unaccountable to the public."

This is PR do disaster for local government and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is a full public accounting

By *eedshandymanMan 11 weeks ago

leeds

Social services damned if they do damned if they dont

Liverpool

Absolutely. All authority has to be accountable - but so do scum that behave in this way.

From a personal perspective I believe in controlled, legal immigration and not closed borders, BUT I also believe anyone coming to this country should sign a document stating that they agree to be law-abiding (UK law that is) and accept that they will be deported should they break the law.

This bunch clearly have zero respect for us. Pity as it appears to reflect on others who come here - clear from the mention of Islam, which in this case has little or no relevance.

By *ealMissShadyWoman 11 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"

I await further info.

I know first hand how hard it is to get a child removed under a section 47..and the decision isn't solely made by social services.

I've been involved in several cases over the past two years alone and only one was removed. And that was after several strat meetings. Removal can't take place until the agencies involved agree....an emergency meeting is called and the participants have to all agree on section 47 being evoked. You state yes and the reasons. And even when all parties agree it can take several days for a removal to take place...

I bet half the people rioting don't even know what they are rioting about....Any excuse to incite violence

Hull

If you want a non racially motivated riot. (Although it actually started as self defense and later spread to rioting) especially in other cities afterwards. How about the so called poll tax riots. It was a peaceful protest in London with a strong family oriented crowd. When Thatcher decided to send in the metropolitan mounted police riot squad to conduct a cavalry style upon innocent protesters because they refused to move on from downing Street. It was only when people fought back and defended themselves that it was reported upon mainstream media as scum and anarchists rioting

couple, us we him her.

"If you want a non racially motivated riot. (Although it actually started as self defense and later spread to rioting) especially in other cities afterwards. How about the so called poll tax riots. It was a peaceful protest in London with a strong family oriented crowd. When Thatcher decided to send in the metropolitan mounted police riot squad to conduct a cavalry style upon innocent protesters because they refused to move on from downing Street. It was only when people fought back and defended themselves that it was reported upon mainstream media as scum and anarchists rioting "

So I may be reading this wrong but you are saying it was the fault of the police the riots in Leeds.

Hull

30,000+ Christians to just over 1,000 Muslims in Brentwood from a census count in 2021. Seems like your an expert in Islamic culture.

Another Reform voter?

beside the sea

unaccountable.

The delusion is believing authority is self-justifying and unaccountable to the public.

Report report

When exactly did I say no-one is accountable?

Who are you to demand to know all the facts? Are you somehow superior to everyone else .

It's a child protection case you won't get to know the ins and outs .

I will let you and the apologists crack on between yourselves.

Canary Wharf, London

"From a personal perspective I believe in controlled, legal immigration and not closed borders, BUT I also believe anyone coming to this country should sign a document stating that they agree to be law-abiding (UK law that is) and accept that they will be deported should they break the law.

"

It's about application of the already existing law. If you are given a leave to stay (or a visa/residence permit, etc.) you are essentially given specific terms of stay and can be removed if you break them. Also, citizenship obtained via naturalisation can be revoked and you can be deported. It is a lengthy process, but there is a way to remove people who do not obey laws or societal norms. The problem is actually applying those articles of law in practice. There is no will to do it. Brexit was sold to voters using stories of Eastern Europeans overstating their welcome, but nobody mentioned that there was a law at the time that stipulated that you have three months to find work else you have to leave. It was never actually used, nobody checked employment status of people once they arrived here or when they were leaving the country for holidays. So no, no new papers need to be signed, just the existing laws have to be applied in cases where there is clear that there is no chance of the people coming to this country obeying our laws or societal norms.

By *AJMLKTV/TS 11 weeks ago

Burley

This is one of the many billion reasons I live in the countryside. You would have to drag me kicking and screaming into any of Britain's shit-hole cities.