FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Does it..

Does it..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inxy777 OP   Woman 12 weeks ago

essex

Annoy you, when people park to near the white line, in car parks?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 12 weeks ago

St Leonards

No, because it may have been the person on their other side parking badly, forcing them to have no choice.

And if there's loads of space on that other side, it may be that the really bad parker has left in the intervening period.

As I don't know who started the whole thing off, it's pointless wasting energy getting angry.

And if I see someone actually in the process of parking badly, I usually just stare at them to make them feel even more shit about how crap they are.

That's much more fun x

By *4bimMan 12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

those who park across the lines deliberately taking up two bays.

By *hunky GentMan 12 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Nope.

I have a big'n so It needs a big slot or squeeze it in a tight one.

essex

"No, because it may have been the person on their other side parking badly, forcing them to have no choice.

And if there's loads of space on that other side, it may be that the really bad parker has left in the intervening period.

As I don't know who started the whole thing off, it's pointless wasting energy getting angry.

And if I see someone actually in the process of parking badly, I usually just stare at them to make them feel even more shit about how crap they are.

That's much more fun x"

That’s bad luck if it’s more than one space!!

Yes it is a waste of energy I know, but it’s hard work fitting my body in that small door space. lol

By *onnyJohnMan 12 weeks ago

Doncaster

"Annoy you, when people park to near the white line, in car parks?! "

Too bloody right it does, i often park as close to them as possible if they can't get the car in the middle of the slot, yeah, pathetic i know, but hey..

essex

"those who park across the lines deliberately taking up two bays.

"

Oh yes!! Why??

essex

"Nope.

I have a big'n so It needs a big slot or squeeze it in a tight one. "

By *ikesEmBigMan 12 weeks ago

Herts

I'm more annoyed how these car spaces are measured out. They're far too skinny. Whilst you may get between the lines, you can barely open the doors sometimes. Oh and the ones with the support columns are a fucking joke

By *aM 689Man 12 weeks ago

Mordor

No but it really pisses me off when folk park at the door, disabled or parent & child spaces when there is literally a free space an extra 4 seconds walk away !!

By *onnyJohnMan 12 weeks ago

Doncaster

"

Strangely enough that i don't mind so much, at least they are making it obvious what they're doing, and if you park in the next clear bay they're generally half a bay away.

By *ister_ee_1981Man 12 weeks ago

Sunniest Exeter...

I think the size of a car park space hasnt actually altered size 1967, whereas cars have got bigger/ wider, do perhaps this isn't an "asshole with a bmw" problem...

Also smaller spaces means more cars means more money!

By *4bimMan 12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Oh yes!! Why?? "

because they have a vehicle too big for them to drive.

or they think they are better than you so need two spaces.

do they buy 2 tickets for parking? i bet they do not.

essex

"Annoy you, when people park to near the white line, in car parks?!

I'm more annoyed how these car spaces are measured out. They're far too skinny. Whilst you may get between the lines, you can barely open the doors sometimes. Oh and the ones with the support columns are a fucking joke"

Oh yeah, have they shrunk?? X

essex

"No but it really pisses me off when folk park at the door, disabled or parent & child spaces when there is literally a free space an extra 4 seconds walk away !!

"

annoying as!!!

essex

"I think the size of a car park space hasnt actually altered size 1967, whereas cars have got bigger/ wider, do perhaps this isn't an "asshole with a bmw" problem...

Also smaller spaces means more cars means more money!"

Oh that makes sense! x

essex

Oh yes!! Why??

do they buy 2 tickets for parking? i bet they do not."

I couldn’t handle a big one!! lol nope I don’t imagine they do buy 2! X

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 12 weeks ago

somewhere

I always try to get into the middle of the bay, put my wing mirrors in.

Sometimes you have to park a bit to the left or right depending on the car next to you but I generally drive round to see if I can find a space without a car next to me if I can.

By *agatoXXXMan 12 weeks ago

Mordor

As a blue badgey, it especially bugs me when they do that, given all the extra space they have to park in.

By *obilebottomMan 12 weeks ago

All over

Some car parks are a joke. Especially city centre ones. Often filthy and unkept, charge a fortune and expect you to breath in to get in and out of your car, the space is so tiny. Some have no idea of sign posting and you go round and round trying to find the exit. Then you get the ones you have to pay in advance but I have no idea how long I am staying. Then the ones that are app payment only. My octagenerian aunty does not know what an app is, she likes to flash the cash. And why most of them have more columns than the colosseum itself. Trying to get into a space next to one of those and the range rover that they seem to have given free to guarantees a visit to a repair garage. Enough for now as I am not grumpy, just saying the parking indstry is just diabolical. Pass me a slice of lemon drizzle pls

essex

"As a blue badgey, it especially bugs me when they do that, given all the extra space they have to park in. "

Oh that’s just dam rude, doing that x

By *rsKOTCTWoman 12 weeks ago

Leeds

Usually if I park near to a line it's so I can get the kids out without bashing someone's car.

As long as there in the lines it doesn't bother me.

By *9alMan 12 weeks ago

Bridgend

"I think the size of a car park space hasnt actually altered size 1967, whereas cars have got bigger/ wider, do perhaps this isn't an "asshole with a bmw" problem...

Also smaller spaces means more cars means more money!"

modern car designers need to consider size more , some safety concerns have had an impact but some of it is lazy poor design

By *ansoffateMan 12 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

"No, because it may have been the person on their other side parking badly, forcing them to have no choice.

That's much more fun x"

I often think the same. Why does this not occur to so many people is it related to a developmental object permanence issue?

I'd blow you a kiss and say take a picture it'll last longer.

By *ensuallover1000Man 12 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

People merely breathing annoys me so perhaps I’m not the best person to ask….

essex

"People merely breathing annoys me so perhaps I’m not the best person to ask…."

Haha. x

By *annibal_LickedherMan 12 weeks ago

The Side of the Mersey

Yes. What also annoys me is when I park miles away from anyone else in an empty car park and I come back and someone has parked in the next space.

St Leonards

That's much more fun x

I often think the same. Why does this not occur to so many people is it related to a developmental object permanence issue?

I'd blow you a kiss and say take a picture it'll last longer. "

There's definitely something about not being able to imagine a sequence of events.

Probably the same basic cognitive issue that will lead to WW3.

We're a cute and lovable species generally, but we're not the full ticket.

Caveat - think there may be some "collective salvation evolutionary possibility" within neurodiversity and what it throws up over the next generation or two.

As different a human species as Homo sapiens was to Neanderthals.

Final bit - I much prefer Pratchett's Pan narrans to Homo sapiens.

We tell stories, we don't pierce the veil of wisdom.

That's a different cognitive leap.

By *ustamanMan 12 weeks ago

weymouth

Not to hijack the thread but Bristol airport has pissed me off, tried to book parking long stay being redeveloped multistorey full, silver zone available but I'm wary of handing my keys to a third party especially as it's my work van with tools in it, or short stay which is double FFS. They said perhaps I could make alternative travel arrangements, fecking trains don't run that early

By *ittlebirdWoman 12 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

No. Nothing like that annoys me

By *ellhungvweMan 12 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I always park away from the other cars and walk the extra 2.3m that it costs me to stay clear. There is always oceans of space in car parks but no one seems to to use it.

St Leonards

Minxy - for the record, I'm not saying you're personally responsible for WW3.

There's just something about the way we all "think" and "do" that sets us towards it as a near inevitability.

But neuroqueerness may "evolve" new ways of being and thinking that get us out of it (including an over-reliance on what appears to be "rational". Have a healthy distrust of the rational - it's not what we think it is).

Right - back to white lines and standardised geometries...we feel safer there xx

The Side of the Mersey

"I always park away from the other cars and walk the extra 2.3m that it costs me to stay clear. There is always oceans of space in car parks but no one seems to to use it."

I park as far from other cars as I can to avoid people denting my doors or chipping the paint. Problem is you always come back to some arsehole parking next to you even though there’s space everywhere

Sagittarius A

That's much more fun x

I'd blow you a kiss and say take a picture it'll last longer.

There's definitely something about not being able to imagine a sequence of events.

Caveat - think there may be some "collective salvation evolutionary possibility" within neurodiversity and what it throws up over the next generation or two.

That's a different cognitive leap."

It sure is. As McKenna put it: History is a metamorphosis process.

By *oo..Woman 12 weeks ago

Boo's World

Nope, majority of people that drive on the right hand side naturally park more to the left of the space so you can get in/out again.

Only in Costco do I park like a non BMW wanker and park slap bang in the middle of the giant parking spaces they have.

By *erfHerder74Man 12 weeks ago

Greenock

It annoys me people who can’t park between white lines, I mean way over the space, or on the stripped lines on the corner

By *he one 23Man 12 weeks ago

Sheffield

It is all down to council planners they specify the amount of parking bays in a specified area .

St Leonards

"There's definitely something about not being able to imagine a sequence of events.

That's a different cognitive leap.

It sure is. As McKenna put it: History is a metamorphosis process."

Hans - I've messaged you with an interesting article from late last year.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 12 weeks ago

Glasgow

Parking spaces are fine, it’s cars that are too big.

By *4bimMan 12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Oh yes!! Why??

do they buy 2 tickets for parking? i bet they do not.

I couldn’t handle a big one!! lol nope I don’t imagine they do buy 2! X"

Not what heard. You manage better than most according to popular opinion

By *lowupdollTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Herts

I don’t even drive a car but the rage is real. It’s us the start of a slippery slope to disregard evenly distributed and allocated spaces to blurring international borders to escalating geopolitical crises to all out war.

People just don’t think it through carefully enough

St Leonards

"I don’t even drive a car but the rage is real. It’s us the start of a slippery slope to disregard evenly distributed and allocated spaces to blurring international borders to escalating geopolitical crises to all out war.

People just don’t think it through carefully enough "

Exactly!!!

By *8on33Man 12 weeks ago

winfrith

Yes but they make the spaces too small in first place my vehicle comes pretty close to the lines either side ,I'm very conscious of how I park .

By *r John WickMan 12 weeks ago

The Continental

It used to, but not anymore.

Sagittarius A

"I don’t even drive a car but the rage is real. It’s us the start of a slippery slope to disregard evenly distributed and allocated spaces to blurring international borders to escalating geopolitical crises to all out war.

People just don’t think it through carefully enough "

Perhaps the demarcation is in itself the problem? In a transient and fluctuating universe it would appear the only constant is change. Whether we like it or not.

Maybe we need to embrace the liberating aspect of a little more chaos rather than the pursuit of order and the subsequent necessity to force our view of what is right on others.

Over the line! Smokey this is not Nam, it's a league match - there are rules! you are about to enter a world of pain. A world of pain!

Am I the only one who gives a shit about the rules!

Or maybe we should just kill each other till enough people ask whether it is really worth it.

Herts

Perhaps the demarcation is in itself the problem? In a transient and fluctuating universe it would appear the only constant is change. Whether we like it or not.

Maybe we need to embrace the liberating aspect of a little more chaos rather than the pursuit of order and the subsequent necessity to force our view of what is right on others.

Over the line! Smokey this is not Nam, it's a league match - there are rules! you are about to enter a world of pain. A world of pain!

Or maybe we should just kill each other till enough people ask whether it is really worth it."

I like to watch people (closely, like restraining order closely) in restaurants when they’re eating. See how they can accurately get food in their mouths. It tells me a lot about how they park. I also learn a lot about security restrsint techniques but that’s for another day.

St Leonards

Well I tell you all this for sure (except the uncertain universe bit).

If we all - every single one of us - had a bumpussy - we'd all park a lot more carefully!

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 12 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Yes but they make the spaces too small in first place my vehicle comes pretty close to the lines either side ,I'm very conscious of how I park ."

"Parking spaces are fine, it’s cars that are too big."

^ Don’t make me tap the sign.

The Side of the Mersey

Cars have got bigger because of the amount of safety equipment which is mandated now.

Parking spaces should have grown to accommodate the bigger cars.

Sagittarius A

Or maybe we should just kill each other till enough people ask whether it is really worth it.

I like to watch people (closely, like restraining order closely) in restaurants when they’re eating. See how they can accurately get food in their mouths. It tells me a lot about how they park. I also learn a lot about security restrsint techniques but that’s for another day. "

That comment reminds me of someone very dear to me!

Oh I'm terrible, I leave crumbs. Yet I'm great at parking. Chi Sau that's very helpful when it comes to restraint - the guy who taught me worked security for the Saudi Royal family.

By *teveanddebsCouple 12 weeks ago

Norwich

If everyone parked the same way round and kept to the left of the bay everyone would have enough room.

Herts

That’s what they tell Big Harold isn’t?

» Add a new message to this topic