FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Go Back Home To Where You Came From

Go Back Home To Where You Came From

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 12 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports that Channel 4 are compiling the ultimate game show where English people with varying opinions on the boat people are themselves out in dingies and try to cross the channel as well as overland routes that replicate the routes from Somalia and Syria for economic migrants. Not surprisingly, the show is based on a game show from Australia. The show is called Go Home From Where You Came. Is this show in good or bad taste for English audiences. It's all over the news

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 12 weeks ago

St Neots

Bad taste

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 12 weeks ago

St Leonards

Bad taste.

So it will be a massive hit.

An occasional drowning will boost its ratings dips.

Gotta have the jeopardy .

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

"Reports that Channel 4 are compiling the ultimate game show where English people with varying opinions on the boat people are themselves out in dingies and try to cross the channel as well as overland routes that replicate the routes from Somalia and Syria for economic migrants. Not surprisingly, the show is based on a game show from Australia. The show is called Go Home From Where You Came. Is this show in good or bad taste for English audiences. It's all over the news"

Where are the reports coming from?

If true, I would suggest it’s in very poor taste bordering on illegal.

By *icecouple561Couple 12 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Just when you thought the bar could go no lower someone rolls up with a mechanical digger and starts excavating

This is beyond bad taste. It’s terrible and as rubbish TV programmes will do, it will be a hit.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is it a game show or an attempt to show the realities that these people face?

By *bi HaiveMan 12 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Is it a game show or an attempt to show the realities that these people face?"

If it's truly meant to show the reality then they need to start the game in a bombed out city, devoid of food and water, a roof over their heads and any luxuries, with a few thousand miles to traverse before they get anywhere near a dinghy.

But I doubt anyone would watch that.......

By *r OreoMan 12 weeks ago

Croydon

A show sponsored by Farage is it??

Concept sounds interesting - not so much the name though, and wouldn't really be a game show for me.

By *8on33Man 12 weeks ago

winfrith

"Reports that Channel 4 are compiling the ultimate game show where English people with varying opinions on the boat people are themselves out in dingies and try to cross the channel as well as overland routes that replicate the routes from Somalia and Syria for economic migrants. Not surprisingly, the show is based on a game show from Australia. The show is called Go Home From Where You Came. Is this show in good or bad taste for English audiences. It's all over the news"
Bad can't understand how they are going to let it air but I'll be watching.

By *imply DeeWoman 12 weeks ago

Wherever

This cannot be possibly true but somehow I have a feeling it is.

I just read it’s meant to put people in situations to confront their views on asylum seekers. They will have people from varying opinions experiencing life in Somalia and Syria and will include travel via routes typically used by those fleeing these countries towards to the UK. Including land and sea travels.

The idea seems to be facing the issue head on to see if it changes one’s view on asylum seekers. The bit about putting the people in real dangers is interesting. Obviously, there are precautions in place and a team looking after them. Asylums don’t have that afforded to them. This could be interesting from a social experiment perspective.

By *ansoffateMan 12 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

If it's trending then there's a market to cash in on.

By *ot-buttered-toastMan 12 weeks ago

Stepney

"I just read it’s meant to put people in situations to confront their views on asylum seekers. They will have people from varying opinions experiencing life in Somalia and Syria and will include travel via routes typically used by those fleeing these countries towards to the UK. Including land and sea travels.

The idea seems to be facing the issue head on to see if it changes one’s view on asylum seekers. The bit about putting the people in real dangers is interesting. Obviously, there are precautions in place and a team looking after them. Asylums don’t have that afforded to them. This could be interesting from a social experiment perspective. "

This. If it's based on the Australian show, it's aim is to challenge people's preconceptions.

Wherever

"If it's trending then there's a market to cash in on.

"

It baffles me. Surely would’ve been better if they put the money into something that would help said people, instead of investing in the show?

By *ensuallover1000Man 12 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

It sounds like a typical pile of shit.

This annoys me especially as the arseholes at Chanel Four outright rejected my brilliant idea to set up a version of Love Island on North Sentinel Island.

It would have been fucking awesome entertainment…

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I just read it’s meant to put people in situations to confront their views on asylum seekers. They will have people from varying opinions experiencing life in Somalia and Syria and will include travel via routes typically used by those fleeing these countries towards to the UK. Including land and sea travels.

The idea seems to be facing the issue head on to see if it changes one’s view on asylum seekers. The bit about putting the people in real dangers is interesting. Obviously, there are precautions in place and a team looking after them. Asylums don’t have that afforded to them. This could be interesting from a social experiment perspective. "

Yes I just read that too.

By *udie NudieMan 12 weeks ago

Newcastle / Gosforth

"...

If true, I would suggest it’s in very poor taste bordering on illegal."

'Bordering' - I see what you did there

"...

If true, I would suggest it’s in very poor taste bordering on illegal.

'Bordering' - I see what you did there "

No one else did Rudy!

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 12 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Tom wonders if the participants will be all young males and 'children' with stubble.

Out of interest. Why are there virtually no women on these boats?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Tom wonders if the participants will be all young males and 'children' with stubble.

Out of interest. Why are there virtually no women on these boats? "

The participants are apparently going to be people with varying opinions on refugees and asylum seekers.

I suspect there are fewer women in the boats because families will invest in young men before women and children and it costs a lot

By *ansoffateMan 12 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

It baffles me. Surely would’ve been better if they put the money into something that would help said people, instead of investing in the show? "

Call me Mr Cynical, but I think morality starts and ends with the profit motive.

If it can be portrayed in some way that will appeal to a wider audience and the cost benefit analysis demonstrates that they'll enhance those profit margins - then they will consider that a worthwhile investment.

A lot of people are feeling that righteous indignation dollar, big market - we should get in on that action.

For what it's worth I agree with you personally. Show real people's lives, tell their story. Something more than faceless terms like boat people. But people don't want that - they want to be entertained.

Wherever

It baffles me. Surely would’ve been better if they put the money into something that would help said people, instead of investing in the show?

Call me Mr Cynical, but I think morality starts and ends with the profit motive.

If it can be portrayed in some way that will appeal to a wider audience and the cost benefit analysis demonstrates that they'll enhance those profit margins - then they will consider that a worthwhile investment.

A lot of people are feeling that righteous indignation dollar, big market - we should get in on that action.

For what it's worth I agree with you personally. Show real people's lives, tell their story. Something more than faceless terms like boat people. But people don't want that - they want to be entertained."

As much as it doesn’t sit right with me, I’m going to have to agree with you. Good point.

» Add a new message to this topic