FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Showering : Temperature

Showering : Temperature

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oubleswing2019 OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Colchester

Following on from my deep dive in to showering, what are folks preferred temperatures ?

Personally, if it's not almost scalding hot, I don't feel clean, even with a rich lather.

I think I have convinced myself that almost scalding invigorates the skin and opens the pores more, ready for the soap/gel/wash to penetrate deeper. I feel cooler water doesn't open the pores as much. Which I why I don't feel clean.

Whether there is any scientific validity to this belief, I don't know.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

Like you, my shower or bath water must be nearly scalding. It doesn’t matter if it’s boiling hot outside, I must have it to the point of nearly peeling my skin off it’s so hot.

Unlike you, I’ve not given it any thought as to why I need it so hot or if the temperature is synonymous with how clean I feel.

By *icecouple561Couple 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Very hot...not scalding that would damage my skin.

By *weet and SpiceCouple 14 weeks ago

Around the Midlands

Mrs has it boiling hot, I have it warm....makes showering together very difficult

By *ripfillMan 14 weeks ago

havant

I shower hot then run it to cold - stay in for a couple of mins

Have done for years … however some of the people I have showered with don’t tend to agree oddly enough !

Colchester

"Like you, my shower or bath water must be nearly scalding. It doesn’t matter if it’s boiling hot outside, I must have it to the point of nearly peeling my skin off it’s so hot.

Unlike you, I’ve not given it any thought as to why I need it so hot or if the temperature is synonymous with how clean I feel.

"

I suppose if you were so inclined and it piqued you so, you might introspectively examine this preference. For example, if the water is not to your preferred temperature, how does it make you feel ?

Personally, I feel agitated, anxious, dirty. Unfulfilled. Incomplete. Oh and cold of course !

"Like you, my shower or bath water must be nearly scalding. It doesn’t matter if it’s boiling hot outside, I must have it to the point of nearly peeling my skin off it’s so hot.

I suppose if you were so inclined and it piqued you so, you might introspectively examine this preference. For example, if the water is not to your preferred temperature, how does it make you feel ?

Personally, I feel agitated, anxious, dirty. Unfulfilled. Incomplete. Oh and cold of course !

"

Interesting thought that.

I did have a little think. I can’t associate a feeling with it. In the morning when I shower, cold water would simply make me feel cold. Hot water energises me on cold days and makes my intolerance to cold weather more tolerable. In the summer, it makes me feel comfort I suppose. In the evening, the hot water relaxes me. It makes me feel warm, cosy, refreshed and renewed in a way as if I’ve cleansed the aches and stress of the day away with how hot the water is. The “load” of the day washed away with how hot the water is.

I don’t associate cleanliness to the temperature though. Oddly, washing up I make this association. If I’m hand washing dishes, I never use anything but nearly boiling hot water. To use water that isn’t nearly boiling, in my mind, would make the dishes unclean. The oils, food, etc. stuck on.

I measure my cleanliness in the shower by how much I’ve scrubbed my body and the colour of the soap sods that fall to the floor. If it’s not indicative of dirt coming off me, I’ll scrub myself all over again just for good measure.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 14 weeks ago

somewhere

I definitely like it hotter that Rubik but not scalding, which is weird because he loves hot weather and I hate it lol

By *herry delightWoman 14 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

I am allergic to chlorine, as a result I have found that if I have it really hot I am less likely to have allergic reaction.

Also my showers have to be quick and efficient. No singing or fucking in the shower.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

Hot showers, please. As hot as I can take it. Then a little hotter, for good measure.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 14 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

In the winter, hot, at this time of year, tepid.

Colchester

[Removed by poster at 02/07/24 00:16:20]

Colchester

"Interesting thought that.

I did have a little think. I can’t associate a feeling with it. In the morning when I shower, cold water would simply make me feel cold. Hot water energises me on cold days and makes my intolerance to cold weather more tolerable. In the summer, it makes me feel comfort I suppose. In the evening, the hot water relaxes me. It makes me feel warm, cosy, refreshed and renewed in a way as if I’ve cleansed the aches and stress of the day away with how hot the water is. The “load” of the day washed away with how hot the water is.

"

Thank you for that deep explanation, TheBelladonna.

That was a very deep and therapeutic effect you described, and it clearly sounds to me that this has more weight compared to “just getting clean”.

I’d go as far as to say, it’s a “Ritual Purification”.

Of course, humans have bathed for millennia and ritual purification features heavily in much of our history even today. It’s hard-baked in to our psyche, and yet few of us ever consider it as such.

May your splashing be ever-purifying and ever-cleansing.

By *uriousscouserWoman 14 weeks ago

Wirral

Needs to be hot enough to make my skin flush and powerful enough to be just the right side of pain.

It makes me so sad that the shower in my flat is lukewarm with no pressure.

It does the job but doesn't provide much joy.

By *weetiepie99Woman 14 weeks ago

cardiff

Hot hot hot

By *allerthanaverage79Man 14 weeks ago

Ayrshire

"

Yes- but we are talking about showers!

By *uxom redCouple 14 weeks ago

Shrewsbury

Hot to wash then a blast of cold to invigorate

By *B69Woman 14 weeks ago

Wiltshire

Very hot as is my bath, but if it’s a shower after a hot day then I will drop the temperature.

By *igR93Man 14 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

"

I’ll never understand why women want 3rd degree burns with a shower

By *igR93Man 14 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

I have an outdoor shower for a cold shower in the morning (something I’ve done for years as a form of athletic recovery)

I do enjoy a hot shower also but generally will have a cold shower as I find there’s more benefits to a cold shower than a warm shower)

I’ll never understand why women want 3rd degree burns with a shower "

Said by every man who has ever tried to shower with me.

By *ostindreamsMan 14 weeks ago

London

Depends on the weather. Cold shower during summer and warm shower during winter

By *enelope2UWoman 14 weeks ago

Fife

Hot enough that I can feel the boiler screaming

» Add a new message to this topic