FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Yeh but do you fancy em though?

Yeh but do you fancy em though?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohnny Deeeep OP   Man 14 weeks ago

durham

How often do you meet people where you are like “phwoar, I proper fancy you like” and I don’t mean you think they are very good looking. I mean, you get that little feeling inside?

Do you get this with someone based of looks alone, do you need to be drawn to their personality to have this feeling?

Can you just meet somebody and feel this way or do you really need to get to know them first?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *jj2012Man 14 weeks ago

Barry

"How often do you meet people where you are like “phwoar, I proper fancy you like” and I don’t mean you think they are very good looking. I mean, you get that little feeling inside?

Do you get this with someone based of looks alone, do you need to be drawn to their personality to have this feeling?

Can you just meet somebody and feel this way or do you really need to get to know them first?"

100% some people have a natural chemistry and instantly drawn to each other

By *rsKOTCTWoman 14 weeks ago

Leeds

I can't properly fancy someone without meeting them, I need a personality for that, I can appreciate someone's attractiveness by their photos but not fancy them.

I couldn't just meet sexually based on pics and online chat, I need a social 1st.

By *ot to giggleWoman 14 weeks ago

Coventry

same as MrsKOTCT - need a person attached to the words and the pictures, the words and the pictures open the door, the rest is a social and how that goes .

to me how someone smells is important too.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

"I can't properly fancy someone without meeting them, I need a personality for that, I can appreciate someone's attractiveness by their photos but not fancy them.

I couldn't just meet sexually based on pics and online chat, I need a social 1st."

I can fancy someone from photos and chat. If I know I know.

Unfortunately it's pretty rare.

"I can't properly fancy someone without meeting them, I need a personality for that, I can appreciate someone's attractiveness by their photos but not fancy them.

I couldn't just meet sexually based on pics and online chat, I need a social 1st."

Agreed! Same for me

By *restonguy1981Man 14 weeks ago

preston

Personality wins hands down, need a mental connection or it’s staying as limp as a soggy rich tea

By *jj2012Man 14 weeks ago

Barry

I couldn't just meet sexually based on pics and online chat, I need a social 1st.

I can fancy someone from photos and chat. If I know I know.

Unfortunately it's pretty rare. "

from past experiences I think people can be completely different in person (don't mean appreance) but talking via messages is comfortable but in person they loose the comfort zone and personality is completely different

By *edeWoman 14 weeks ago

the abyss

Usually I need to get to know someone first to get that feeling.

On one occasion I have been drawn to someone based on minimal chat (in messages) and had an instant connection/feeling when met in person. Can't say what it was, I was just drawn to them but I think they have that kind of aura as most people are

By *orphia2003Woman 14 weeks ago

Tonypandy.

Need to know them. Sometimes it's with people who id least expect.

By *restonguy1981Man 14 weeks ago

preston

"Usually I need to get to know someone first to get that feeling.

On one occasion I have been drawn to someone based on minimal chat (in messages) and had an instant connection/feeling when met in person. Can't say what it was, I was just drawn to them but I think they have that kind of aura as most people are "

Absolutely this, a connection can come in a multitude of times.

It can be after a short time or a long time, as long as there’s that connection then that’s what’s important

By * and R cple4Couple 14 weeks ago

swansea

I can find someone attractive from a picture but to actually fancy them I need to be drawn to their personality also so definitely need a meeting in person..

By *arierWoman 14 weeks ago

birmingham

There’s a couple of girls on here that I got butterflies as soon as I saw them.

Luckily I’m chatting to them both and hoping the personality matches the looks when we meet.

By *ora the explorerWoman 14 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

I usually know as soon as I meet them (I would have chatted for ages before anyway). It is very very rare it happens though. But when it does

If I wanted to meet them because of an online thing, I already fancy them, and sometimes if you then are lucky to meet up (social/meet) then the lightning can strike where I proper fancy the ass off them wanting to have them where they stand. (Or sit)

By *akbearMan 14 weeks ago

Newbury

A picture / video is an attraction and you start that feeling, it's then down to the mind and personality that pushes it over the edge.

By *ongandharderMan 14 weeks ago

Rotherham

"How often do you meet people where you are like “phwoar, I proper fancy you like” and I don’t mean you think they are very good looking. I mean, you get that little feeling inside?

Can you just meet somebody and feel this way or do you really need to get to know them first?"

I need to talk learn about their personality, opinions and more

Build that mental connection as much as physical one later

By *acky RacersCouple 14 weeks ago

Lincoln

"

to me how someone smells is important too."

Totally...

By *icecouple561Couple 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes I get that feeling off of looks alone but it can disappear very quickly if they aren't very nice.

Personality alone won't make me fancy someone I need to find them physically attractive too.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 14 weeks ago

somewhere

I have this awful tendency to look at someone hot and get all tongue tied (happened last night at work) so I try not to make eye contact and not look. I know I'm an instant faller in love so I don't take chances these days lol

By *heelofTimeCouple 14 weeks ago

Two Rivers

Personality all the way for me. Some of the most beautiful to look at people have rotten personalities. More about the person than how they look. xXx Raven

By *icecouple561Couple 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Personality all the way for me. Some of the most beautiful to look at people have rotten personalities. More about the person than how they look. xXx Raven "

Some of the most unattractive people have rotten personalities too. Looks aren't any indication of personality

By *eliWoman 14 weeks ago

I don't. I don't get that feeling unless I've developed some sort of friendship with someone which is a bit odd admittedly but it's how I am. I can think someone is hot but it's not in a sort of "I need you now" way.

I need their personality, that foundation of friendship before I feel real attraction. I didn't think I could feel attracted to, like someone before I'd met them but given recent events... well I can. And on spending time with them that attraction, those feelings were far stronger than I thought they could be. I'd already placed it as quite high. :D

My feelings of lust, desire, grow the more I know someone, the more openness we share. I'm really not a swinger.

By *izandpaulCouple 14 weeks ago

merseyside

I can see on a profile they are decent looking but experience has taught me not to build up your hopes, the real world meet can be a letdown or a total eye opener.

Some, shall we say average looking people are fabulous company, no drama, no angst, just bursting with laughter and enthusiasm, they are wonderful and the feelings of a great night ahead grow.

The opposite can also happen, good looking people but loads of baggage, full of themselves or just plain boring or socially inept.

Met a couple of forum experts, sadly not so expert in real life.

Just get out there, meet people and have an experience, its a numbers game.

Good luck.

durham

So the common consensus seems to be that personality is what breaks that threshold. And I agree with this.

Sorry I should of mentioned that this isn’t online related, it’s more geared towards people you’ve physically met

I ask because i genuinely can’t remember the last time I proper fancied somebody like that, it’s got to be years ago.

I don’t know if it’s odd that I can find people attractive, like their personality and not “fancy” them.

I used to fancy anyone that showed me a bit off attention as a whipper snapper

Two Rivers

"Personality all the way for me. Some of the most beautiful to look at people have rotten personalities. More about the person than how they look. xXx Raven

Some of the most unattractive people have rotten personalities too. Looks aren't any indication of personality "

Exactly more about the person than how they look

Two Rivers

"So the common consensus seems to be that personality is what breaks that threshold. And I agree with this.

Sorry I should of mentioned that this isn’t online related, it’s more geared towards people you’ve physically met

I ask because i genuinely can’t remember the last time I proper fancied somebody like that, it’s got to be years ago.

I don’t know if it’s odd that I can find people attractive, like their personality and not “fancy” them.

I used to fancy anyone that showed me a bit off attention as a whipper snapper

"

You’re getting older and wiser. I was the exact the same when I was younger!

durham

"

You’re getting older and wiser. I was the exact the same when I was younger! "

I think you’re right in regards to age.

I think we understand the value of time more as we progress through it.

By *ansoffateMan 14 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I really appreciate this post OP, thank you.

I can see if someone is good looking very early but that certain something to which you refer, can be very elusive. Just to add further complexity it can occur at any time.

To say personality is essential feels like a cop out, not because it is wrong, but because the physical aspect is important; yet even then, it's an aspect of personality: how someone carries and expresses themselves, physically. Someone may have beautiful eyes, yet it's the eye contact that inspires the feeling.

To simply say personality, doesn't offer anything tangible as it's an umbrella term for such a multitude of factors. What I need is time with a person where it feels right and that is our shared drive. The analysis of why we are compatible, is a complimentary but ancillary aspect.

When the relationship feels authentic, I find my attraction can be very diverse.

By *mber SkiesWoman 14 weeks ago

Cardiff-ish

^

By *B69Woman 14 weeks ago

Wiltshire

You can have instant chemistry, the eye contact and sexy smile but if the personality dosnt shine through then it won’t last long

By *eroLondonMan 14 weeks ago

Mayfair

If she has blue blood pumping through her heart, a scented quim, fragrant bosoms, locks of hair that flow like a cascade and a desire to be desired, then I'll fancy her unconditionally.

By *erfHerder74Man 14 weeks ago

Greenock

I prefer the chemistry

I have let men have sex because I thought they were good looking but I really prefer to get to know them, once that happens there’s chemistry and attraction and sex and friendship are easy

By *otSoPoshWoman 14 weeks ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

Happens rarely, but I've had it at first sight and after getting to know them.

They can be very conventionally attractive and it'll take ages for me to think they're sexy, though.

By *r John WickMan 14 weeks ago

The Continental

I’ve experience both ends of the spectrum.

There are people I fancy instantly, after seeing a photo’ or seeing them for the first time.

These have been times where I’ve thought to myself “yeah, they look good” and over time it’s become “fuck yeah, I fancy the pants off ya”

By *2000ManMan 14 weeks ago

Worthing

Eye contact. Although I've not liked someone immediately, feelings can develop later.

By *issmorganWoman 14 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I have to get to know them at least a bit, before I can gauge if I'm attracted to them.

If I get a pic, I can think they're good looking, but that doesn't always mean I'd fancy them, if that makes sense.

By *ed VoluptaWoman 14 weeks ago

Wirral.

I can definitely fancy people from pics, but I need to meet them in person to get the full fireworks happening. If they're dull in person, my ardour slinks away and hides.

*Also, pics on here are so posed and stylised that none of us look that good in real life. Some have looked bloody shocking!

durham

"I’ve experience both ends of the spectrum.

There are people I fancy instantly, after seeing a photo’ or seeing them for the first time.

These have been times where I’ve thought to myself “yeah, they look good” and over time it’s become “fuck yeah, I fancy the pants off ya”"

I definitely get this aspect. I’ve met people that I haven’t found physically attractive but after spending time with them their personality has made me find them attractive.

But I suppose it’s that raw physical feeling, you know that butterfly feeling, that’s what I haven’t felt for years.

I just see somebody attractive and think “yeh, you’re a bit fit” but there’s no physical drive there until something about that person changes that.

Bet yes, I agree, I need to be physically attracted to someone, but their personality and how they carry themselves can drastically alter that attraction either way.

By *educing_EmCouple 14 weeks ago

Tipperary

Thought this was a thread about me.....disgusted now

By *ansoffateMan 14 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

"Thought this was a thread about me.....disgusted now "

You crossed my mind, if that makes you feel any better.

durham

"Thought this was a thread about me.....disgusted now "

It took me a minute to work out what you meant then

We’ve discussed the intended topic at length, We can make it about you now.

Who on fab fancies Em?

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 14 weeks ago

Glasgow

She crosses my mind often.

By *izandpaulCouple 14 weeks ago

merseyside

Are you talking about FAB swinging meets or vanilla meets which maybe develop into long term relationships.

I see FAB meets as swinging meets.

Single guys on a FAB swingers meet have to..

Show up.

Be physically ok, not expecting models.

Be able to perform sexually.

Socially and sexually confident, chatty.

Understand why soap and toothpaste was invented.

Couples....

Lady Bi or bi friendly.

Male doesn't have to perform as well as a single guy...Sorry single guys !!

Friendly, chatty, confident, no drama.

Lots of guys and couples fit this bill, some don't, that's why socials are so beneficial in many ways.

Good luck and happy Fabbing.

By *4bimMan 14 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Not initially.

Once we have spoken I can gauge if they have a sense of humour etc. then I develop more of an interest.

Tipperary

"Thought this was a thread about me.....disgusted now

You crossed my mind, if that makes you feel any better. "

Tipperary

"Thought this was a thread about me.....disgusted now

It took me a minute to work out what you meant then

We’ve discussed the intended topic at length, We can make it about you now.

Who on fab fancies Em? "

No no no thank you I was joking

Tipperary

"She crosses my mind often. "

You

By *hunky GentMan 14 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

Not just looks.

They've got to be able to laugh my pants off.

Luckily, the elastic isn't very strong.

By *parkle1974Woman 14 weeks ago

Leeds

Their looks are what captures my attention, their personality is what keeps it x

By *hunky GentMan 14 weeks ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"Their looks are what captures my attention, their personality is what keeps it x"

Or makes you leg it.

» Add a new message to this topic