FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Oh for the clique of it .......

Oh for the clique of it .......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oveToPlay. OP   Couple 12 weeks ago

Yorkshire

Yep I'm here posting a thread about the oh so famous and often spoken about clique!

After seeing some threads idolising certain members for their amazing contribution to the forums it's left me a little perplexed to say the least.

Some may say it doesn't exist, some may say you get out of the forums what you put it but some may also say this is an area of fab controlled by the few who think they are the many.

After a rather upsetting experience with one of 'the clique' I have to say to others please take everyone with a pinch of salt.

Swinging is a liberating and all inclusive lifestyle - in some cases this hasn't passed down to some regular forum goers which is a shame.

S

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *agneto.Man 12 weeks ago

Bham

I used to post on here a lot more than I currently do. However I still never worked out who was in the clique.

By *egDaySkipperMan 12 weeks ago

Liverpool

I was here when one of the clique members snapped, wrote a smear and reveal campaign thread and god was it popcorn worthy reading all the replies

Yorkshire

"I was here when one of the clique members snapped, wrote a smear and reveal campaign thread and god was it popcorn worthy reading all the replies"

Now this I wish I'd have seen

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 12 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

If I say I like seeing someone around the forums, that's all it means.

Not that they're special or elevated or more important than anyone else.

Just that I see them around, and enjoy their contributions

By *oo..Woman 12 weeks ago

Boo's World

Unfortunately you can't take the "knob" out of the knobheads on here. Just do you and ignore them, they do get bored eventually

Yorkshire

"I used to post on here a lot more than I currently do. However I still never worked out who was in the clique. "

Sorry you don't post as much

By *ittlebirdWoman 12 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

Who’s been idolised OP?

If it isn’t George Michael then tbh it should be.

George Michael forever

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

"I was here when one of the clique members snapped, wrote a smear and reveal campaign thread and god was it popcorn worthy reading all the replies"

About 4 or 5 years ago? That was a legendary night on the forum. One of the many ‘Scarlets’ on here at the time I recall. UNLOSed after never to return?!

By *parkle1974Woman 12 weeks ago

Leeds

The ones who deny it exists are the culprits

Yorkshire

"Who’s been idolised OP?

George Michael forever "

this made me smile so hard

By *lowupdollTV/TS 12 weeks ago

S. Herts

"Who’s been idolised OP?

George Michael forever "

Liverpool

"If I say I like seeing someone around the forums, that's all it means.

Not that they're special or elevated or more important than anyone else.

Just that I see them around, and enjoy their contributions "

I enjoy seeing your bum around the forums xoxo

Yorkshire

"Unfortunately you can't take the "knob" out of the knobheads on here. Just do you and ignore them, they do get bored eventually "

By *ellhungvweMan 12 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Op I wouldn’t worry about it. The forums come and go. The people who are belle of the ball this week usually end up blowing themselves up and end up as a footnote to history.

I always roll my eyes at the eulogies some people are given but noise attracts attention on the forums. Enjoy the peace and quiet whilst it lasts.

By *arkSovereignMan 12 weeks ago

Lancashire

Who are the clique members? Is it like a secret club? Sorry i’m confused, i’m quite new here

Everyone could leave and new people would come and to be honest, the forums would probably be a lot better for it.

Women are generally just a pair of tits/an arse and men like to either be controversial or fucking inclusive till the inclusivity is rammed down your throat. Don't get excited prey.

For everyone that thinks a certain person is great, there's about 10 others that think they're fucking knobs.

Everyone's replaceable.

Almost.

Liverpool

"I was here when one of the clique members snapped, wrote a smear and reveal campaign thread and god was it popcorn worthy reading all the replies

About 4 or 5 years ago? That was a legendary night on the forum. One of the many ‘Scarlets’ on here at the time I recall. UNLOSed after never to return?! "

Don't think it was Scarlett, but yeah it was years ago, probably around the time of 2nd or 3rd MLS.

By *ensuallover1000Man 12 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

The clique….they know who they are

The Big Smoke

"Who’s been idolised OP?

George Michael forever

this made me smile so hard "

I’m so glad. It’s George’s birthday today. Happy birthday beautiful man

Yorkshire

"Who’s been idolised OP?

George Michael forever

I’m so glad. It’s George’s birthday today. Happy birthday beautiful man "

What a legend!!!

The Big Smoke

"Everyone could leave and new people would come and to be honest, the forums would probably be a lot better for it.

Women are generally just a pair of tits/an arse and men like to either be controversial or fucking inclusive till the inclusivity is rammed down your throat. Don't get excited prey.

For everyone that thinks a certain person is great, there's about 10 others that think they're fucking knobs.

Everyone's replaceable.

Almost.

"

They really could.

They really do.

Life is like a box of chocolates.

Not all of them coconut creams

The Big Smoke

"Who’s been idolised OP?

George Michael forever

I’m so glad. It’s George’s birthday today. Happy birthday beautiful man

What a legend!!! "

Proper clique that boy… make no mistake

By *olgateMan 12 weeks ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

There have always been cliques, I have never been part of one

By *otSoPoshWoman 12 weeks ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

It's a shame you had that experience, OP, and good to see it hasn't put you off posting.

There has always been talk of the famous clique, and yet many of the faces / voices (virtual of course) of the forum change. I always wonder if "cliqueness" isn't down to perception?

Yorkshire

"Op I wouldn’t worry about it. The forums come and go. The people who are belle of the ball this week usually end up blowing themselves up and end up as a footnote to history.

I always roll my eyes at the eulogies some people are given but noise attracts attention on the forums. Enjoy the peace and quiet whilst it lasts."

See this I would generally say was true, BUT, after having private messages basically telling me to back off from the forums or at least take heed of protocol in here I now think otherwise.

To say this person also has many threads and recently had a thread saying how awesome they were made me rather perplexed and angry.

Yorkshire

"Everyone could leave and new people would come and to be honest, the forums would probably be a lot better for it.

Everyone's replaceable.

Almost.

"

God I bloody love ya

By *ulieAndBeefCouple 12 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

I see these types of threads and wonder if I'm in the clique. I've been here about a year and a half now and over that time I've made quite a lot of friends that I'll talk to on here.

I don't try to be anything other than me. Which is mainly inclusive and friendly but occasionally snarky. I've met a good chunk of the people I talk with on the forums in person. That's not being cliquey, that's talking to friends.

We were all new here once. Some make an effort to get to know others and join in with good humour. Others decide they're going to spread their own bitterness and blame it on others. Such is life.

J

Liverpool

"There have always been cliques, I have never been part of one"

Lies! You and Shagtonight are a duo Clique!

S. Herts

"Who’s been idolised OP?

George Michael forever

I’m so glad. It’s George’s birthday today. Happy birthday beautiful man "

Oh George. Ya shoulda been Mr Glow. I’d have made you happy.

Yorkshire

"I see these types of threads and wonder if I'm in the clique. I've been here about a year and a half now and over that time I've made quite a lot of friends that I'll talk to on here.

I don't try to be anything other than me. Which is mainly inclusive and friendly but occasionally snarky. I've met a good chunk of the people I talk with on the forums in person. That's not being cliquey, that's talking to friends.

We were all new here once. Some make an effort to get to know others and join in with good humour. Others decide they're going to spread their own bitterness and blame it on others. Such is life.

J"

I don't see you as part of the clique at all - your posts are lovely, inclusive and interesting

I'm not spreading bitterness- just voicing my experience of certain aspects of the forums which unfortunately include people who are regular posters and people who comment on a regular basis

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 12 weeks ago

North West

"Who are the clique members? Is it like a secret club? Sorry i’m confused, i’m quite new here "

Allegedly yes.

A secret inner circle...

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 12 weeks ago

North West

OP, I think it just boils down to two things..

Some folks here, know other folks here in real life. If you see their interactions enough you can spot them.

Also. There are folks here who are virtual friends.

Do a diagram of both groups overlapping and you have your clique.

By *.T.Man 12 weeks ago

Belfast

first rule of clique club...

Manchester-ish

"I see these types of threads and wonder if I'm in the clique. I've been here about a year and a half now and over that time I've made quite a lot of friends that I'll talk to on here.

J

I don't see you as part of the clique at all - your posts are lovely, inclusive and interesting

I'm not spreading bitterness- just voicing my experience of certain aspects of the forums which unfortunately include people who are regular posters and people who comment on a regular basis "

Sorry, I should've made it clear that I didn't mean you with the spreading bitterness thing. I can see how it would read that way.

It's just something I see a lot from others.

J

By *ad NannaWoman 12 weeks ago

East London

The clique members have changed many times over the years.

By *he turned me GreyCouple 12 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

"Yep I'm here posting a thread about the oh so famous and often spoken about clique!

After seeing some threads idolising certain members for their amazing contribution to the forums it's left me a little perplexed to say the least.

Some may say it doesn't exist, some may say you get out of the forums what you put it but some may also say this is an area of fab controlled by the few who think they are the many.

After a rather upsetting experience with one of 'the clique' I have to say to others please take everyone with a pinch of salt.

Swinging is a liberating and all inclusive lifestyle - in some cases this hasn't passed down to some regular forum goers which is a shame.

S "

Where dat thread at..

Mr

The Big Smoke

"The clique members have changed many times over the years.

"

Are you still in it Nanna?

Ps. When we playing cards against humanity again? We rock at that

Liverpool

"

Says the founder of Clique!

Cheltenham

"Op I wouldn’t worry about it. The forums come and go. The people who are belle of the ball this week usually end up blowing themselves up and end up as a footnote to history.

I always roll my eyes at the eulogies some people are given but noise attracts attention on the forums. Enjoy the peace and quiet whilst it lasts.

See this I would generally say was true, BUT, after having private messages basically telling me to back off from the forums or at least take heed of protocol in here I now think otherwise.

To say this person also has many threads and recently had a thread saying how awesome they were made me rather perplexed and angry.

"

Seriously? There is absolutely no way I would accept being threatened on here.

Easiest thing to do kick it straight to admin and get the idiot banned.

Yorkshire

J

I'm not spreading bitterness- just voicing my experience of certain aspects of the forums which unfortunately include people who are regular posters and people who comment on a regular basis

Sorry, I should've made it clear that I didn't mean you with the spreading bitterness thing. I can see how it would read that way.

It's just something I see a lot from others.

J"

By *luehairedcumslutCouple 12 weeks ago

St Neots

Im not interesting in swinging, my objective is to infiltrate the clique and destroy it within

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 12 weeks ago

Cumbria

No one ever thinks they are part of a clique.

Yorkshire

"Im not interesting in swinging, my objective is to infiltrate the clique and destroy it within "

S. Herts

[Removed by poster at 25/06/24 21:55:56]

By *inky_couple2020Couple 12 weeks ago

North West

Ps. When we playing cards against humanity again? We rock at that "

Ahem. Our team wasn't bad at Cards too! Anyways, you're a man down

By *ealMissShadyWoman 12 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"Yep I'm here posting a thread about the oh so famous and often spoken about clique!

S "

It never ceases to amaze me how invested people become with the forum and at times it seems that for an adult platform the childish behaviours at play is pathetic. I think everyone has a story to tell about 'popular' people they've had issues with. All I know is anyone who has an inflated image of themselves is deluded and really needs to get out side and live in the real world a little

By *rixie_BlondeWoman 12 weeks ago

London (She/Her)

We should start a thread where you have to say whether the person above is in or out the clique

S. Herts

Ok now it all starts to make sense.

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple 12 weeks ago

kent

Try not to worry about this OP. The ‘Clique’ is a phantom. Lots of people here are all talking to each other in chat groups outside of the forums. Those people in lots of different chats get to know more people, and thus appear more popular on the forums. But, nobody is in control, there is no secret cabal, just a bunch of folks mostly chatting, sometimes meeting, and occasionally fucking. And just like out there in real life, some of those folk are lovely and kind and generous and others can behave like pure arseholes. It takes all sorts to make the world go round, and this forum is no different. Just stay positive, keep doing you, and let all the bullshit slide on by (perhaps easier said than done - I know from experience, but it’s something to reach for ). Xx

The Big Smoke

Ahem. Our team wasn't bad at Cards too! Anyways, you're a man down "

I know right. You guys were brutal

The Big Smoke

"We should start a thread where you have to say whether the person above is in or out the clique "

Oh please do this. Called clique or not clique

By *oeBeansMan 12 weeks ago

Derby

"There have always been cliques, I have never been part of one

No one ever thinks they are part of a clique."

Because I doubt there's a conscious effort to build them, they just happen because you get on with certain people and interact with them more as a result because you've found your comfort zone. I can see why it looks like there are cliques to new posters and in an ideal world, everyone would be as inclusive as possible. Unfortunately though, it's not an ideal world.

North West

I know right. You guys were brutal "

Yep

London (She/Her)

"

I’m sorry this happened to you OP, bullying is never ok. The forum guidelines are the rules enforced by the admin, no one on the forum can censor another member (sometimes that’s a shame )

By *avinaTVTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"We should start a thread where you have to say whether the person above is in or out the clique

Oh please do this. Called clique or not clique "

Or... Clique Online!

Somewhere In The Ether…

"We should start a thread where you have to say whether the person above is in or out the clique "

That’s a great idea! Let’s finally root the fiends out into the open say I! (…or am I in fact deflecting from the fact that I am a member….?)

By *arlot o scaraWoman 12 weeks ago

Hell

"

There are plenty that I miss terribly

The Big Smoke

I know right. You guys were brutal

Yep "

It’s the only way in that game

London (She/Her)

"We should start a thread where you have to say whether the person above is in or out the clique

Oh please do this. Called clique or not clique "

It would be funny AF and probably quite revealing, but I don’t fancy a spanking from admin tonight

The Big Smoke

Or... Clique Online!"

Ooofft

Somewhere In The Ether…

Or... Clique Online!"

Clique and collect?

Yorkshire

"Try not to worry about this OP. The ‘Clique’ is a phantom. Lots of people here are all talking to each other in chat groups outside of the forums. Those people in lots of different chats get to know more people, and thus appear more popular on the forums. But, nobody is in control, there is no secret cabal, just a bunch of folks mostly chatting, sometimes meeting, and occasionally fucking. And just like out there in real life, some of those folk are lovely and kind and generous and others can behave like pure arseholes. It takes all sorts to make the world go round, and this forum is no different. Just stay positive, keep doing you, and let all the bullshit slide on by (perhaps easier said than done - I know from experience, but it’s something to reach for ). Xx"

Thank you for this message

By *rHotNottsMan 12 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I was just thinking how much better the forum is just lately

By *avinaTVTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Transsexual Transylvania

Or... Clique Online!

Clique and collect? "

Cliquebait!

Yorkshire

Or... Clique Online!

Clique and collect?

Cliquebait!"

Leeds

"I was just thinking how much better the forum is just lately"

That's because I've not been on much lately

By *ot to giggleWoman 12 weeks ago

Coventry

i wonder when this started not being fun and started be a lifestyle for some!! Fab that is not swinging!!! - if someone 'threatened' then surely you would report it to admin and move on - i get lots of unwanted messages - some can be unpleasant do i just report and block them.

there is inevitably a large group of people who have been on here a long time and know each other socially as well as on FAB.

I just post my bit and then go and post another bit somewhere else - i am me and if it becomes tedious then I dont come on for a few days. Honestly say, the majority of messages off the forum users are fun and kind.

and the football was crap

Want to know who’s in the clique?

Start a “which forumite would you like to (insert some sort of positive activity here) with”.

Scan the answers.

There’s your (current) clique. It evolves obvs

North West

Or... Clique Online!

Clique and collect?

Cliquebait!"

5 Cliques

The Big Smoke

Or... Clique Online!

Clique and collect?

Cliquebait!"

This is awesome. Who’s doing the thread?

London (She/Her)

Or... Clique Online!

Clique and collect?

Cliquebait!"

!!!!

By *allandathleticMan 12 weeks ago

Asgard

The one who follows the crowd usually get no further than the crowd. The ones who choose to go alone, find themselves in places no one has ever been - Albert Einstein

By *ealMissShadyWoman 12 weeks ago

St Albans/ Welsh Borders

"

Laugh, block and keep doing what you do, you can post what you like within the rules laid down by admin.

I was told once by someone 'popular' that it would make them happy if I stopped posting off the forum....Which had the opposite effect, each time I feel it's time to go I remember that and carry on posting

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 12 weeks ago

St Leonards

Fuck the clique.

And if I'm in it, fuck me.

And if you're not in it, fuck you too.

And if there is no clique, fuck everyone.

The Big Smoke

"The one who follows the crowd usually get no further than the crowd. The ones who choose to go alone, find themselves in places no one has ever been - Albert Einstein"

I think you’ll find that was by Billy Shakespeare… TM the interweb. Circa 2010

The Big Smoke

"Fuck the clique.

And if there is no clique, fuck everyone."

You basically were asking for people to fuck you weren’t you Nicky?

Cumbria

Because I doubt there's a conscious effort to build them, they just happen because you get on with certain people and interact with them more as a result because you've found your comfort zone. I can see why it looks like there are cliques to new posters and in an ideal world, everyone would be as inclusive as possible. Unfortunately though, it's not an ideal world."

I get that, it’s not something I’ve noticed really but others on the fora have obviously had different experiences. Take the example on this thread of someone being warned off the forums, I bet you don’t think it’s one of your friendship group who is responsible but how well do we know people who we interact with largely over the internet?

Leeds

"The one who follows the crowd usually get no further than the crowd. The ones who choose to go alone, find themselves in places no one has ever been - Albert Einstein"

I find myself lost, bloody hopeless with directions

By *allandathleticMan 12 weeks ago

Asgard

"The one who follows the crowd usually get no further than the crowd. The ones who choose to go alone, find themselves in places no one has ever been - Albert Einstein

I think you’ll find that was by Billy Shakespeare… TM the interweb. Circa 2010"

Einstein wrote the original

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman 12 weeks ago

King's Crustacean

"

I just Clouseud

I Holmesed!

n Dag nabbit I just Marpled....

Yorkshire

" i wonder when this started not being fun and started be a lifestyle for some!! Fab that is not swinging!!! - if someone 'threatened' then surely you would report it to admin and move on - i get lots of unwanted messages - some can be unpleasant do i just report and block them.

there is inevitably a large group of people who have been on here a long time and know each other socially as well as on FAB.

I just post my bit and then go and post another bit somewhere else - i am me and if it becomes tedious then I dont come on for a few days. Honestly say, the majority of messages off the forum users are fun and kind.

and the football was crap "

It started not being fun when I was told I was being disrespectful, untasteful and that other people were messaging said member about my behaviour in the forums - look back on my green arrow- there is nothing of that kind.

St Leonards

"Fuck the clique.

You basically were asking for people to fuck you weren’t you Nicky? "

And fuck you LB

I think there’s always different circles of people in any area of life , just try to enjoy yourself and ignore anything that bothers you

Yorkshire

Warwick and Coventry

" i wonder when this started not being fun and started be a lifestyle for some!! Fab that is not swinging!!! - if someone 'threatened' then surely you would report it to admin and move on - i get lots of unwanted messages - some can be unpleasant do i just report and block them.

It started not being fun when I was told I was being disrespectful, untasteful and that other people were messaging said member about my behaviour in the forums - look back on my green arrow- there is nothing of that kind."

Fuck em, don't sweat it pal.....

Mr

S. Herts

I just Clouseud

I Holmesed!

n Dag nabbit I just Marpled.... "

The Big Smoke

"Fuck the clique.

You basically were asking for people to fuck you weren’t you Nicky?

And fuck you LB "

Is that a promise?

Coventry

"Fuck the clique.

And if there is no clique, fuck everyone."

again ???

By *agatoXXXMan 12 weeks ago

North Haverbrook

Well there's one thing that's true here, there are no "ass kissers". It's officially called "Rimming".

The Big Smoke

"The one who follows the crowd usually get no further than the crowd. The ones who choose to go alone, find themselves in places no one has ever been - Albert Einstein

I think you’ll find that was by Billy Shakespeare… TM the interweb. Circa 2010

Einstein wrote the original "

Oh bless him. Probably misquoted with Ghandi

St Leonards

Jesus - I can't even tell you to go fuck yourselves without being part of the clique.

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

King's Crustacean

"Ok now it all starts to make sense. "

You on the M n M's ?

Coventry

I find myself lost, bloody hopeless with directions "

me too sparkle - apparently im ditzy thank god for sat nav's although i do think mine is faulty at times

North West

I just Clouseud

I Holmesed!

Sharing is caring, Granny.

The Big Smoke

"Jesus - I can't even tell you to go fuck yourselves without being part of the clique.

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!"

Oh god. It was only a FAF

S. Herts

"Ok now it all starts to make sense.

You on the M n M's ?"

M n Ms?

Coventry

It started not being fun when I was told I was being disrespectful, untasteful and that other people were messaging said member about my behaviour in the forums - look back on my green arrow- there is nothing of that kind."

report them then and block them - unfortunately in life we cannot get on with everyone - as much as we would like to.

East London

Ps. When we playing cards against humanity again? We rock at that "

I'm above the clique. I'm a forum legend, apparently

That was a really funny evening.

By *r John WickMan 12 weeks ago

The Continental

This old chestnut again.

Sod all that bollocks.

Fuck, anyone?

By *alcon77Man 12 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

I feel it was more so, in the past.

I find it quite un cliquey in comparison these days.

North Haverbrook

"This old chestnut again.

Sod all that bollocks.

Fuck, anyone? "

Not until you scrub that stuff off.

East London

Says the founder of Clique!"

Like I said...forum ledge

The Big Smoke

I'm above the clique. I'm a forum legend, apparently

That was a really funny evening. "

It was awesome. Amazing to meet you darling. Let’s do that again soon. Mwah x

St Leonards

"Jesus - I can't even tell you to go fuck yourselves without being part of the clique.

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

Oh god. It was only a FAF "

Well yeah obvs - you're well shaggable LB.

But can I be out of the clique first?

Not that you'd necessarily know, because you're not necessarily in the clique.

Which may or may not exist.

Damned confusing isn't it?

xxxx

Leeds

me too sparkle - apparently im ditzy thank god for sat nav's although i do think mine is faulty at times "

Haha mine to, sends me up dead ends sometimes....its a twat

Coventry

Sod all that bollocks.

Fuck, anyone? "

thought you were never going to ask

The Continental

Sod all that bollocks.

Fuck, anyone?

Not until you scrub that stuff off. "

That might be a bit difficult now, I’ve recently finished it off with the tattooist.

By *rcticFoxxxWoman 12 weeks ago

Hereabouts

I was one of the popular kids 6ish years ago on the forum. Most of my popular kid friends aren't here anymore and most of the new popular kids don't know me. Woe is me. I wanted to be a part of the clique again

Derby

Because I doubt there's a conscious effort to build them, they just happen because you get on with certain people and interact with them more as a result because you've found your comfort zone. I can see why it looks like there are cliques to new posters and in an ideal world, everyone would be as inclusive as possible. Unfortunately though, it's not an ideal world.

I get that, it’s not something I’ve noticed really but others on the fora have obviously had different experiences. Take the example on this thread of someone being warned off the forums, I bet you don’t think it’s one of your friendship group who is responsible but how well do we know people who we interact with largely over the internet?"

That's actually a very good point but then that surely just leads down a path of finding others guilty by association. I shouldn't have to worry about interacting with people in case they *might* be an absolute knob to someone else if my experience is nothing of the sort. We all like to think we're a good judge of character, but like you said, it's harder to do that with people we mostly know over the internet or in group social spaces.

Coventry

me too sparkle - apparently im ditzy thank god for sat nav's although i do think mine is faulty at times

Haha mine to, sends me up dead ends sometimes....its a twat "

oh you have a twatnav too i think they are a special kind ... i have tried it in french and spent ages wondering which junction it meant and then had to work out how ot get the english back - twat navs !!!

St Leonards

"I was one of the popular kids 6ish years ago on the forum. Most of my popular kid friends aren't here anymore and most of the new popular kids don't know me. Woe is me. I wanted to be a part of the clique again "

You can have my place.

If I have one x

The Big Smoke

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx"

I’m happy with my clique. It’s a clique of one. Actually of two now that I’ve found my Dom

But it’s wet. And warm. And weird. Just how I like it.

Friends exist. Some people are kind. Some people are not kind.

Such is life. And all know is. Remember to spot the difference

Hereabouts

Lies

Manchester-ish

I just Clouseud

I Holmesed!

I imagine you more as a Jessica Fletcher.

J

St Leonards

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

I’m happy with my clique. It’s a clique of one. Actually of two now that I’ve found my Dom

"

You're very much allowed that clique . That's a good clique xxxx

King's Crustacean

I just Clouseud

I Holmesed!

Sharing is caring, Granny. "

I cannot share for as sure as lies are lies my middle name is confidentiality no mean mouthin' ......

Cumbria

I get that, it’s not something I’ve noticed really but others on the fora have obviously had different experiences. Take the example on this thread of someone being warned off the forums, I bet you don’t think it’s one of your friendship group who is responsible but how well do we know people who we interact with largely over the internet?

That's actually a very good point but then that surely just leads down a path of finding others guilty by association. I shouldn't have to worry about interacting with people in case they *might* be an absolute knob to someone else if my experience is nothing of the sort. We all like to think we're a good judge of character, but like you said, it's harder to do that with people we mostly know over the internet or in group social spaces."

For me the guilt by association thing only comes into play if you go to bat for someone who is behaving badly behind the scenes, then you open yourself up to it.

By *aizyWoman 12 weeks ago

west midlands

Sod all that bollocks.

Fuck, anyone?

That might be a bit difficult now, I’ve recently finished it off with the tattooist. "

You promised I could colour it in, I bought the permanent markers and everything!

North West

I just Clouseud

I Holmesed!

Sharing is caring, Granny.

I cannot share for as sure as lies are lies my middle name is confidentiality no mean mouthin' ......"

I thought your middle name was "Buttered"

Leeds

That's actually a very good point but then that surely just leads down a path of finding others guilty by association. I shouldn't have to worry about interacting with people in case they *might* be an absolute knob to someone else if my experience is nothing of the sort. We all like to think we're a good judge of character, but like you said, it's harder to do that with people we mostly know over the internet or in group social spaces."

It's the ones who don't call out their "friends" when it's blatantly obvious what they are trying to do for fomo

The Continental

Sod all that bollocks.

Fuck, anyone?

That might be a bit difficult now, I’ve recently finished it off with the tattooist.

You promised I could colour it in, I bought the permanent markers and everything! "

You can still do, just imagine the funky colours you can make up.

Derby

"For me the guilt by association thing only comes into play if you go to bat for someone who is behaving badly behind the scenes, then you open yourself up to it."

But what if you don't know what's going on behind the scenes and you're still merrily chatting/flirting with them in the forums like nothing happened. Suddenly that person probably thinks the worst of you without you actually doing anything to them which is why it's dangerous to just label people as being in a "clique".

I’m not sure there’s a clique. More people who have the time to spend all day on the forums, chasing others who spend all day on the forums.

Those of us with proper jobs can’t and therefore end up being bit part players who aren’t recognised and get largely ignored.

King's Crustacean

"Ok now it all starts to make sense.

You on the M n M's ?

M n Ms? "

My Mistake .... he says ' now the biting makes sense. Don't lose sleep Glow...

By *ilsaGeorgeCouple 12 weeks ago

kent

"For me the guilt by association thing only comes into play if you go to bat for someone who is behaving badly behind the scenes, then you open yourself up to it.

But what if you don't know what's going on behind the scenes and you're still merrily chatting/flirting with them in the forums like nothing happened. Suddenly that person probably thinks the worst of you without you actually doing anything to them which is why it's dangerous to just label people as being in a "clique". "

This is the difference between those who gossip and those who don’t… it is also why we keep our friends list and verifications hidden. It’s a trap we’ve fallen into before.

By *electableicecreamMan 12 weeks ago

The West

[Removed by poster at 25/06/24 22:32:37]

The West

Clique no.

Territoriality tied up popularity contests? Yes.

That's every forum on internet.

I like to think of it as watching a David Attenborough documentary.

I particularly like fab because we're else are you going to get threads Ruth titles like

Your favorite milkshake

Who likes rimming

*Insert virtue signalling here*

Is it pee?

I love it. All of it.

Why would you be here if not to be entertained?

Derby

"That's actually a very good point but then that surely just leads down a path of finding others guilty by association. I shouldn't have to worry about interacting with people in case they *might* be an absolute knob to someone else if my experience is nothing of the sort. We all like to think we're a good judge of character, but like you said, it's harder to do that with people we mostly know over the internet or in group social spaces.

It's the ones who don't call out their "friends" when it's blatantly obvious what they are trying to do for fomo"

How often would you say it's blatantly obvious though with soany people knowing each other and their different dynamics? I'm sure there are people that don't call out the behaviour of their "friends" but you can't be sure to what extent they know about these things happening.

By *onkoMan 12 weeks ago

here and there

Are they talking about me again.?

They are breaking the gag order if they are

By *ealitybitesMan 12 weeks ago

Belfast

I've never been warned off the forums but I have been told by people I've turned down that they could end my fab journey so every time I post on the forums I imagine the amount of tuts they are tutting.

I don't agree that it's all about friendship groups or people knowing each other because I have seen how original threads I have started here in the lounge have gained zero traction and a very short while later one of the lounge celebs posts exactly the same thread and it hits 175 replies.

That doesn't happen by accident or circumstance.

There are people here who start controversial threads knowing full well they will kick off and are extremely self aware in other threads mocking their own actions.

Then they are also very quick to play the victim and go unlos when the sympathy wagon needs topping up only to return to great acclaim a few weeks later.

One man's hero is anothers twat.

St Leonards

"Clique no.

Territoriality tied up popularity contests? Yes.

That's every forum on internet.

I like to think of it as watching a David Attenborough documentary.

I particularly like fab because we're else are you going to get threads Ruth titles like

Your favorite milkshake

Who likes rimming

*Insert virtue signalling here*

Is it pee?

I love it. All of it.

Why would you be here if not to be entertained?"

And let's (I don't mean the clique "let's" of course) forget "Cock snot up the fart pipe".

Hereabouts

"I was one of the popular kids 6ish years ago on the forum. Most of my popular kid friends aren't here anymore and most of the new popular kids don't know me. Woe is me. I wanted to be a part of the clique again

You can have my place.

If I have one x "

I just want attention

Warwick and Coventry

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

"

And some are just dickheads

Mr

King's Crustacean

I just Clouseud

I Holmesed!

I imagine you more as a Jessica Fletcher.

J"

Just not Vera.......

St Leonards

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

Mr"

By *4bimMan 12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

They had a fab ladies WhatsApp and private Facebook group.

If you dare answer back on the forum you got mentioned and others were warned not to meet that guy/s.

I know because I was shown by a woman I use to meet from here. Don't be fooled into thinking it doesn't happen. It does and it's very spiteful

Cumbria

"For me the guilt by association thing only comes into play if you go to bat for someone who is behaving badly behind the scenes, then you open yourself up to it.

But what if you don't know what's going on behind the scenes and you're still merrily chatting/flirting with them in the forums like nothing happened. Suddenly that person probably thinks the worst of you without you actually doing anything to them which is why it's dangerous to just label people as being in a "clique". "

I suppose you have to turn it around and think ‘someone has accused my forum friend of behaving badly, do I leap to their defence without considering whether they have in fact behaved badly, or not?’

If you do then you are part of a clique. That’s when I would think the worst of them.

Leeds

"That's actually a very good point but then that surely just leads down a path of finding others guilty by association. I shouldn't have to worry about interacting with people in case they *might* be an absolute knob to someone else if my experience is nothing of the sort. We all like to think we're a good judge of character, but like you said, it's harder to do that with people we mostly know over the internet or in group social spaces.

It's the ones who don't call out their "friends" when it's blatantly obvious what they are trying to do for fomo

How often would you say it's blatantly obvious though with soany people knowing each other and their different dynamics? I'm sure there are people that don't call out the behaviour of their "friends" but you can't be sure to what extent they know about these things happening."

It happens often, though must admit not as much these days as a number of prolific offenders seem to have disappeared....no doubt they will appear at some point so the cycle can begin again.

Derby

But what if you don't know what's going on behind the scenes and you're still merrily chatting/flirting with them in the forums like nothing happened. Suddenly that person probably thinks the worst of you without you actually doing anything to them which is why it's dangerous to just label people as being in a "clique".

This is the difference between those who gossip and those who don’t… it is also why we keep our friends list and verifications hidden. It’s a trap we’ve fallen into before. "

It's a shame it happens even though it shouldn't. I suppose if the same people you meet are the same people you interact with on here, people are going to automatically feel like they're missing out or feel like everyone knows each other. I felt like that when I first joined the forums and would hate to think anyone felt that way about me when I just use the forums and socials for fun.

Boo's World

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

Mr"

You called

Derby

I suppose you have to turn it around and think ‘someone has accused my forum friend of behaving badly, do I leap to their defence without considering whether they have in fact behaved badly, or not?’

If you do then you are part of a clique. That’s when I would think the worst of them."

That makes sense. I would never advocate for defending people blindly as there are always two sides to every story. The "clique" stuff is interesting as I genuinely believe some of the people you may associate with it wouldn't even know they're in it and as I said before, it's not fair to find people guilty by association if you've never spoken to them before if that makes sense?

Derby

How often would you say it's blatantly obvious though with soany people knowing each other and their different dynamics? I'm sure there are people that don't call out the behaviour of their "friends" but you can't be sure to what extent they know about these things happening.

It happens often, though must admit not as much these days as a number of prolific offenders seem to have disappeared....no doubt they will appear at some point so the cycle can begin again."

Ever the optimist

Warwick and Coventry

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

Mr

You called "

^^ I can confirm she is one of those dickheads that walk amongst us

North Haverbrook

Sod all that bollocks.

Fuck, anyone?

That might be a bit difficult now, I’ve recently finished it off with the tattooist. "

Wire brush and dettol, again.

Boo's World

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

Mr

You called

^^ I can confirm she is one of those dickheads that walk amongst us "

Takes one to know one beautiful

Leeds

It happens often, though must admit not as much these days as a number of prolific offenders seem to have disappeared....no doubt they will appear at some point so the cycle can begin again.

Ever the optimist "

Swings and roundabouts....that will be my queue to stop posting again

Warwick and Coventry

It comes down to one simple thing...

All are welcome but not all are included....

Mr

Leeds

"It comes down to one simple thing...

All are welcome but not all are included....

Mr"

Hit the nail on the head there

Warwick and Coventry

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

Mr

You called

Takes one to know one beautiful "

Been practicing since 1977 Boo, god i feel old....

By *eliWoman 12 weeks ago

Honestly OP? It feels like dirty laundry airing at this stage.

Your return thread? Fair enough. But clique comes in to play more often than not when someone doesn't particularly like someone. Before that? Nope. Their friends being part of a clique? Nope? Them, themselves? Also nope.

No one is liked by everyone.

So ignore it. Don't let yourself get wound up by it. You can choose not to give too much attention to it. It's a screen filled with words. You can also choose not to be part of the negativity, because this sort of thread will have people saying "oooo who" and lead to gossiping etc.

Let's not pretend Fab is this Utopian society of inclusivity and liberating though. Or that swinging is.

Tl:dr? Don't give headspace to nonsense. Call it out but don't allow it to make you bitter.

By *otSoPoshWoman 12 weeks ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Honestly OP? It feels like dirty laundry airing at this stage.

Your return thread? Fair enough. But clique comes in to play more often than not when someone doesn't particularly like someone. Before that? Nope. Their friends being part of a clique? Nope? Them, themselves? Also nope.

So ignore it. Don't let yourself get wound up by it. You can choose not to give too much attention to it. It's a screen filled with words. You can also choose not to be part of the negativity, because this sort of thread will have people saying "oooo who" and lead to gossiping etc.

Let's not pretend Fab is this Utopian society of inclusivity and liberating though. Or that swinging is.

Tl:dr? Don't give headspace to nonsense. Call it out but don't allow it to make you bitter."

We may not agree all the time or on all the things, Meli, but we agree entirely here.

Boo's World

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

Mr

You called

Been practicing since 1977 Boo, god i feel old.... "

You are old

Cheltenham

"They had a fab ladies WhatsApp and private Facebook group.

If you dare answer back on the forum you got mentioned and others were warned not to meet that guy/s.

I know because I was shown by a woman I use to meet from here. Don't be fooled into thinking it doesn't happen. It does and it's very spiteful "

We haven’t had a good discussion about the WhatsApp groups for ages - I love those because it is always telling who _doesnt_ join the conversations.

By *ealitybitesMan 12 weeks ago

Belfast

If you do then you are part of a clique. That’s when I would think the worst of them.

That makes sense. I would never advocate for defending people blindly as there are always two sides to every story. The "clique" stuff is interesting as I genuinely believe some of the people you may associate with it wouldn't even know they're in it and as I said before, it's not fair to find people guilty by association if you've never spoken to them before if that makes sense?"

I agree with most of what you are saying but from my own experience I have been shown other people's unsolicited personal info by productive forumites who wrongly assumed that by having these details I would be more inclined to back them up in a forum fight.

It had the opposite effect and I removed them from my friends list and haven't spoken since.

However I have been told by others that my details were passed along to them and as I can count on 2 fingers the number of people with that info it doesn't take much working out.

That leads me to believe that there are a lot of enablers here who are comfortable with that type of behaviour and who wouldn't react the way I did or call them out either publicly or privately because they need to maintain that association for whatever reason.

I know because I was shown by a woman I use to meet from here. Don't be fooled into thinking it doesn't happen. It does and it's very spiteful "

I don’t doubt this happens and that there are many on Telegram as well as WhatsApp of not just women but men too. Even coed.

I am most suspicious of those that say that such things don’t exist, and those that say they most hate meeting people who will talk about Fab. In my mind, these are the most probable people who are off in private groups chatting about everyone.

One of the many reasons I will never do a social meet-up is precisely because of this. Those little groups that pop up to become chat space for socials…

By *ellinever70Woman 12 weeks ago

Ayrshire

It probably doesn't help on clique threads that posters start replying to each other in a way that makes it clear they know each other behind the scenes

By *naswingdressWoman 12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think those who are invested in being popular on a forum online, as adults, are welcome to their fun little hobby and my pity that they don't have things that engage them more.

I took this forum, at first, as I've taken any other forum since I found my way online in the 90s - engage, be mindful of norms (not "what the popular people tell you you have to do", more "how does this thing work"), and break your way in.

Warwick and Coventry

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

Mr

You called

You are old "

I'm too old for the clique Boo...

North Haverbrook

"Are they talking about me again.?

They are breaking the gag order if they are "

Is it a ball-gag order?

By *naswingdressWoman 12 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Clinique?

Boo's World

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

Mr

You called

You are old

I'm too old for the clique Boo... "

You're too old for Flip Flops too, but that doesn't stop you either!

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Stockport

I think that I must be a clique. Or is it just clicky? Certainly get a few clicks out of my shoulders when I stretch in the morning...

Warwick and Coventry

Out.

Fuck you all!

Dry!!!

xxxx

Mr

You called

You are old

I'm too old for the clique Boo... .

You're too old for Flip Flops too, but that doesn't stop you either! "

You biatch, put them claws away, that's harsh man...

By *odgerMooreMan 12 weeks ago

Carlisle

I think it boils down to - post what you want people will either enjoy your contribution or not they will engage or they won’t - it actually doesn’t matter one bit. People will decide if they like you and you can’t affect that. Do you and fuck em all… or even one would be an improvement speaking for myself!!

Derby

"I agree with most of what you are saying but from my own experience I have been shown other people's unsolicited personal info by productive forumites who wrongly assumed that by having these details I would be more inclined to back them up in a forum fight.

It had the opposite effect and I removed them from my friends list and haven't spoken since.

However I have been told by others that my details were passed along to them and as I can count on 2 fingers the number of people with that info it doesn't take much working out.

That leads me to believe that there are a lot of enablers here who are comfortable with that type of behaviour and who wouldn't react the way I did or call them out either publicly or privately because they need to maintain that association for whatever reason. "

I can totally see that happening. Connections with anyone on here are hard to come by so I can see why they want to preserve that association as much as possible. It's not right to have blind loyalty towards them no matter how close you want to be. Real friends call each other's shit out.

By *4bimMan 12 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

just be true to you.

let them have their groups and opinions.

worry less and go about your day knowing others think your worth knowing.

The West

I know because I was shown by a woman I use to meet from here. Don't be fooled into thinking it doesn't happen. It does and it's very spiteful

I don’t doubt this happens and that there are many on Telegram as well as WhatsApp of not just women but men too. Even coed.

I am most suspicious of those that say that such things don’t exist, and those that say they most hate meeting people who will talk about Fab. In my mind, these are the most probable people who are off in private groups chatting about everyone.

One of the many reasons I will never do a social meet-up is precisely because of this. Those little groups that pop up to become chat space for socials…"

It absolutely happens. There's people who's whole lives are tied up in the social event circuit and chat groups.

Everyone needs a hobby I guess.

And drama will always find drama

Yorkshire

Tl:dr? Don't give headspace to nonsense. Call it out but don't allow it to make you bitter."

Airing dirty laundry it isn't- speaking my experience of the forums it is.

Yes it's a screen filled full of words - I get that - but the intent and malice behind I cannot.

You're 100% correct - not everyone is liked by everyone- I've not done this thread to be liked, more to start a conversation in regards to the apparent influence certain members have over a public platform.

I've not allowed it to make me bitter - I've just called it out

Yorkshire

Yes it's a screen filled full of words - I get that - but the intent and malice behind I cannot.

You're 100% correct - not everyone is liked by everyone- I've not done this thread to be liked, more to start a conversation in regards to the apparent influence certain members have over a public platform.

The West

Tl:dr? Don't give headspace to nonsense. Call it out but don't allow it to make you bitter.

I've not allowed it to make me bitter - I've just called it out "

Do they really have influence though?

Or have they just pee'd in the sandbox while everyone else is playing on the swing's? You know, swinging...

"I think that I must be a clique. Or is it just clicky? Certainly get a few clicks out of my shoulders when I stretch in the morning..."

You’re a league of your own kind, Polly.

By *igR93Man 12 weeks ago

Sarcasm City

Some people take this site far to seriously, I fear..

Warwick and Coventry

Do they really have influence though?

Or have they just pee'd in the sandbox while everyone else is playing on the swing's? You know, swinging...

"

They missed the sandbox and pissed right up the lamp post....

Mr

Coventry

well hopefully this is all done and out ones system now

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Stockport

"I think that I must be a clique. Or is it just clicky? Certainly get a few clicks out of my shoulders when I stretch in the morning...

You’re a league of your own kind, Polly. "

In a leeg-you ?

King's Crustacean

'Some might say that sunshine follows thunder

Go and tell it to the man who cannot shine'