FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Medication withdrawal

Medication withdrawal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oydyke OP   Woman 13 weeks ago

Southampton (they/them)

Currently going through medication withdrawal

It’s being controlled by the doctors and I’ve done everything right but it doesn’t stop it being less brutal does it

Send prayers and maybe a can of that’ll sort it all out

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman 13 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Oh god I hear you. My medication withdrawal involves facial numbness, dizziness, brain zaps

By *moothpussyMan 13 weeks ago

Glasgow

Would you me asking what meds you're withdrawing from?

By *ex HolesMan 13 weeks ago

Up North

Just sent a cock pic OP

Southampton (they/them)

"Oh god I hear you. My medication withdrawal involves facial numbness, dizziness, brain zaps"

Exactly what I’ve got now the dizziness and the brain zaps are absolutely killing me

Southampton (they/them)

"Would you me asking what meds you're withdrawing from? "

Sertraline

By *ortyairCouple 13 weeks ago

Wallasey

"Would you me asking what meds you're withdrawing from?

Sertraline "

My hubby withdrew from that cold turkey, his GP advised him to and it was horrendous. Hope you are managing your withdrawl better, my thoughts go out to you, it's not nice at all, bless.

Mrs x

By *exycarlashane181Couple 13 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

Sertraline "

Bless you.. I've been withdrawn once from Venlafaxine and it was horrific the way the doc wanted me to do it so I did it my own way. Fortunately it was a capsule so I opened it and took one extra ball of medication out every day until nothing left.. Sadly can't do that with Sertraline... I was lucky on Sertraline and they just swapped me immediately to a different one so didn't have the usual dizziness and brain zaps

By *4bimMan 13 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Good luck op.

Try to stay strong

By *ortyairCouple 13 weeks ago

Wallasey

It's a terrible medication and shouldn't be prescribed.

Anyone see th e documentary about it earlier this year? It's mind-blowing and people suffer for years after coming off it.

Mrs x

Manchester (she/her)

Sertraline

Bless you.. I've been withdrawn once from Venlafaxine and it was horrific the way the doc wanted me to do it so I did it my own way. Fortunately it was a capsule so I opened it and took one extra ball of medication out every day until nothing left.. Sadly can't do that with Sertraline... I was lucky on Sertraline and they just swapped me immediately to a different one so didn't have the usual dizziness and brain zaps"

Yeah, Venlafaxine for me. Sertraline made me puke, so I didn't last long on it

Southampton (they/them)

Sertraline My hubby withdrew from that cold turkey, his GP advised him to and it was horrendous. Hope you are managing your withdrawl better, my thoughts go out to you, it's not nice at all, bless.

Mrs x"

I’ve been tapering mine. I’d have much preferred to have gone down to a lower dose and then the lowest but the doctors weren’t interested in that. So I’ve been tapering, and now I’m on nothing.

I did cold turkey once before and it was horrendous, I couldn’t even walk because my body decided to give up, the worst 3 weeks of my life.

This time the withdrawals have been less, albeit, I’ve been on them for 3 years, so there was bound to be some symptoms. They just seem to be brutal

By *agatoXXXMan 13 weeks ago

North Haverbrook

Sertraline "

I had the same symptoms as thos when my former GP made a prescribing error, at the start of lockdown. In addition, I also had an irregular heartbeat, and was hospitalised, until they discovered the cause. I switched GPs, and she was forced to retire soon afterwards. It took me a month to recover, and get balanced again.

By *ansoffateMan 13 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

I tried a few different SSRIs I really didn't take to them. Vortioxetine works ok for me.

Southampton (they/them)

I should add, I don’t need antidepressants anymore, I recovered! I have been mentally ill since my teen years and one day everything suddenly clicked. Life is so subtle I didn’t even know I had walked through the doors I once prayed would open!

I have experienced severe mental illnesses and SSRI’s seemed to only make them worse for a time period.

But things have changed, and I don’t need them anymore. I feel lucky for that. If you’re reading this and you’re on your antidepressants, just know, that things can get better, and they WILL get better; but if you’re on antidepressants forever, or for many years, that’s okay too. There’s no shame in doing what’s best for you.

If you’re thinking about going on antidepressants; I admire your courage for doing what’s best for you. They can be tough to start with, and you’re going to feel terrible before you feel better, but you have survived this long, and you can survive anything!

I hate false positivity so everything I spread is genuine. I recovered, and you can too. And if you don’t recover? You aren’t any less worthy than me or others. You’re just on a different path, but we’re still heading in the same direction. Mwah!

By *ames-77Man 13 weeks ago

milton keynes

Big pharma business is horrendous the shit they make millions off and prescribe is barbaric there is no short term fix with tree drugs it's a constant temporary fix numb the problem .. I remember when I was going through a really hard time and I went off the rails couldn't stand my own thoughts so much that couldn't bare going to bed so I stayed awake for 6 days and become worryingly easy then my sister found out and marched me to the doctors.. not that I would ever take them but he said he would never prescribe anti depressants to me which I massively respect him for .. FairPlay to anyone making effort to get off these drugs keep at it stay strong !

By *ell GwynnWoman 13 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

Brutal is most definitely the appropriate word for sertraline. Hang in there, it'll be over soon

milton keynes

I had to learn to change my mindset .. if when you change your mindset you can attack anything.. when your going through hard times depression, break ups, death, real life problems.. there's 24 hours a day where you alone in your brain and it talks to you in all kind of ways it wants to control you pull you in different directions..if you allow this your fucked.. I had to learn to control my thoughts even when I felt low ignored it and decided how I wanted to feel started to appreciate small things in life value the small wins.. have to tell yourself how you want to feel and you will feel it no Matter what because your in control.. if you let your thoughts control you and effect your life and well being your fucked .. it's a war you can't afford to loose

By *tsMattyHMan 13 weeks ago

Inverurie

Fuuuuuuck that's rough. Coming off anti D's is horrible. I've been on them nearly 20 years and if I forget to take them then holy shit.

I'll send all my prayers to the OP as it's gonna get rough for a week or two but you'll see it out.

I know people that have done it and are doing well this far. Keep going and you'll be just fine

Southampton (they/them)

"Big pharma business is horrendous the shit they make millions off and prescribe is barbaric there is no short term fix with tree drugs it's a constant temporary fix numb the problem .. I remember when I was going through a really hard time and I went off the rails couldn't stand my own thoughts so much that couldn't bare going to bed so I stayed awake for 6 days and become worryingly easy then my sister found out and marched me to the doctors.. not that I would ever take them but he said he would never prescribe anti depressants to me which I massively respect him for .. FairPlay to anyone making effort to get off these drugs keep at it stay strong ! "

Respectfully, I disagree. Antidepressants saved my life and helped me after 3 years of therapy couldn’t. Without antidepressants I wouldn’t have been able to function as a normal person. I wouldn’t have been able to study, to get a job, to feel somewhat normal.

If it wasn’t for the antidepressants I was prescribed, I wouldn’t be hear to tell you my success story of antidepressants.

Of course, antidepressants don’t work for everyone, and some people need something different, like antipsychotics, with a combination of therapy. My life was once so bad I had to consider electric shock therapy.

Antidepressants allowed me to heal and recover. I think I’ll always be thankful for that.

This is my opinion of course, and I respect you having yours, and I also respect you being able to get yourself out of a dark place. It’s something we’ve both done and we should be proud of it! It’s not easy!

milton keynes

As Mike Tyson once said " you have to train your mind to be stronger than your feelings or else you will lose yourself"

By *ad NannaWoman 13 weeks ago

East London

Mind over matter.

I tell myself the feelings won't last and pretend I'm fine.

I didn't get on with Sertraline and just switched straight back to Paroxetine.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Stockport

I've been on sertraline for maybe 5 years now, after having a breakdown when my mum died. I have intended to taper myself off several times, but every time new crises came along. This summer might be the right time to at least reduce my dosage, perhaps miss the occasional day or stretch the time between taking them. I might have a word with my GP, see if I can get the tablets in reduced dosages (I'm on 100 mg size) then I could go down as slowly as I like.

Maybe I'll start the process to celebrate the outcome of the election...

Sertraline has always worked okay for me, it helped me get mental clarity back from my worst phase. I think it does interfere a little with my ability to cum, but then the trans body dysphoria does that anyway (69 works best for me, I can't see my own genitals but can enjoy all the sensations, and having a pussy in my face gives me something to concentrate on other than my own body).

By *ad NannaWoman 13 weeks ago

East London

"I should add, I don’t need antidepressants anymore, I recovered! I have been mentally ill since my teen years and one day everything suddenly clicked. Life is so subtle I didn’t even know I had walked through the doors I once prayed would open!

I have experienced severe mental illnesses and SSRI’s seemed to only make them worse for a time period.

But things have changed, and I don’t need them anymore. I feel lucky for that. If you’re reading this and you’re on your antidepressants, just know, that things can get better, and they WILL get better; but if you’re on antidepressants forever, or for many years, that’s okay too. There’s no shame in doing what’s best for you.

If you’re thinking about going on antidepressants; I admire your courage for doing what’s best for you. They can be tough to start with, and you’re going to feel terrible before you feel better, but you have survived this long, and you can survive anything!

I hate false positivity so everything I spread is genuine. I recovered, and you can too. And if you don’t recover? You aren’t any less worthy than me or others. You’re just on a different path, but we’re still heading in the same direction. Mwah! "

I've never felt shame for needing any of the medication I'm on.

"Big Pharma" saved my life, and today got me off my arse and feeling almost normal.

By *ucka39Man 13 weeks ago

Newcastle

Sertraline "

I was on them many years ago and my GP stopped them after a while think few months as he stated that it should only be used for a short period as it can make your face spasm, twitching and sloppy around the lips

By *emidemiWoman 13 weeks ago

basingstoke

"It's a terrible medication and shouldn't be prescribed.

Anyone see th e documentary about it earlier this year? It's mind-blowing and people suffer for years after coming off it.

Mrs x"

I had no idea there was a documentary on it! I’ll have to watch it

I’ve been on sertraline for 10 years and not sure if it’s the best thing for me anymore

By *ubadubdubWoman 13 weeks ago

Hereabouts

I was on citalopram for 4 years and came off it gradually over 6 weeks. Spent a few days crying on the couch in May watching The Dog House on Channel 4, but I figure those tears needed shedding.

Cold turkey is definitely not advised

I'm doing ok now

My daughter was prescribed Sertraline recently cos she has OCD as well and now ye have me worried

By *ubadubdubWoman 13 weeks ago

Hereabouts

Sertraline

I was on them many years ago and my GP stopped them after a while think few months as he stated that it should only be used for a short period as it can make your face spasm, twitching and sloppy around the lips "

Good to know

Manchester (she/her)

"Big pharma business is horrendous the shit they make millions off and prescribe is barbaric there is no short term fix with tree drugs it's a constant temporary fix numb the problem .. I remember when I was going through a really hard time and I went off the rails couldn't stand my own thoughts so much that couldn't bare going to bed so I stayed awake for 6 days and become worryingly easy then my sister found out and marched me to the doctors.. not that I would ever take them but he said he would never prescribe anti depressants to me which I massively respect him for .. FairPlay to anyone making effort to get off these drugs keep at it stay strong !

Respectfully, I disagree. Antidepressants saved my life and helped me after 3 years of therapy couldn’t. Without antidepressants I wouldn’t have been able to function as a normal person. I wouldn’t have been able to study, to get a job, to feel somewhat normal.

If it wasn’t for the antidepressants I was prescribed, I wouldn’t be hear to tell you my success story of antidepressants.

Of course, antidepressants don’t work for everyone, and some people need something different, like antipsychotics, with a combination of therapy. My life was once so bad I had to consider electric shock therapy.

Antidepressants allowed me to heal and recover. I think I’ll always be thankful for that.

This is my opinion of course, and I respect you having yours, and I also respect you being able to get yourself out of a dark place. It’s something we’ve both done and we should be proud of it! It’s not easy! "

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

Reduce dose never go cold turkey when coming off ssri's. I know its easier said than done when feeling terrible but being active with help. Avoid alcohol. Plenty water and self care.

I hope it passes soon x

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 13 weeks ago

Southampton

"It's a terrible medication and shouldn't be prescribed.

Mrs x"

I'm currently on sertraline and it's keeping me from wanting to off myself so it isn't all bad

By *sjrcMan 13 weeks ago

Glasgow

Hope you doing ok! As someone who works in mental health, and someone who was on SSRIs for years (and years), taper down very very slowly. GPs great but sometimes taper fast. If you are getting bad side effects like brain zaps slow the taper. Best thing for me was getting a pill cutter and going half speed GP suggested

By *sjrcMan 13 weeks ago

Glasgow

Plus it ok to stop cutting down for a bit. Listen to your body. If it feels too fast pause! SSRIs (citalopram) really helped me but getting off thing hard

By *orphia2003Woman 13 weeks ago

Tonypandy.

I must be one of the few people who Sertraline seems to work for.

Minor side effects that I've noticed.

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 13 weeks ago

Southampton

"I must be one of the few people who Sertraline seems to work for.

Minor side effects that I've noticed."

Ditto.... yawning is about the only side effect I had lol

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

Wife came off these recently after needing them for work, luckily a change of job helped remove the need for them but she struggled with the brain zaps, slowly missed the odd day then a bit longer untill she were taking one every few days

Manchester (she/her)

"I must be one of the few people who Sertraline seems to work for.

Minor side effects that I've noticed."

I think it works for an awful lot of people - it's first line for a reason. I'm just difficult

By *he turned me GreyCouple 13 weeks ago

Warwick and Coventry

I've done many detox's over the years, off heroin, methadone.....only thing I can say is, it will pass and will get easier, thats my experi3nce in a nutshell, I know its not pleasant, but you will feel better may not feel like it in thr here and now, as your withdrawing....

Plenty of vit C and water, swear that got me through my last methadone detox....

Mr

By *erdyNymph89Woman 13 weeks ago

ELLESMERE PORT

"Currently going through medication withdrawal

It’s being controlled by the doctors and I’ve done everything right but it doesn’t stop it being less brutal does it

Send prayers and maybe a can of that’ll sort it all out "

Oh gosh I feel for you, I've forgotton my venlafaxine twice now and they brain zaps are so intense - I only recently learned they were called brain zaps too haha, I called it swishy eyes as it was like I could feel my eyeballs move.

Do all the comfort things you can, I did find staying in my bedroom with it dark did help - just hated not being able to do much.

Sending hugs

» Add a new message to this topic