FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Euro 2024 Thread (part 2)

The Euro 2024 Thread (part 2)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otTheMessiah86 OP   Man 13 weeks ago

Stockton

Last thread got too big so let’s have another one.

My takes from the England v Denmark game. Feel free to agree/disagree as you wish.

1. Another frustrating slog but we’ve probably already done enough to finish top of our group which is the main thing.

2. Nice to see Watkins have a run out but let’s go the whole hog with 2 up front.

3. I personally thought Foden was better this game. I’m a big fan of his and hope he does well but I will also accept any criticism that comes his way.

4. Guehi is my surprise standout for England so far. Two good performances and I think he’s earned himself a regular starting spot.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Stockton

And so that I’m not just totally England biased, the Spain Italy game is pretty good so far. Nico Williams has been very lively, hope he gets a goal.

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

My take: it was dog shite.

Follow me for more insightful analysis as the tournament progresses

Stockton

And one more thing, anybody else think the referees look a little bit like Goldmember from Austin Powers?

By *eliusMan 13 weeks ago

Henlow

No leaders on the pitch. Once out there, the team has to assess the game play and react accordingly, it’s not all down to the manager. Why does Kane persist in coming all the way back?

No invention, no innovation no intent. Are we saying that top class athletes need to be given instructions on where to run and move off the ball?

The modern game is all about a pressing, that creates space and pressure. I coach walking football, that’s virtually what England were playing.

By *exycarlashane181Couple 13 weeks ago

Leamington Spa

"Last thread got too big so let’s have another one.

My takes from the England v Denmark game. Feel free to agree/disagree as you wish.

1. Another frustrating slog but we’ve probably already done enough to finish top of our group which is the main thing.

2. Nice to see Watkins have a run out but let’s go the whole hog with 2 up front.

3. I personally thought Foden was better this game. I’m a big fan of his and hope he does well but I will also accept any criticism that comes his way.

4. Guehi is my surprise standout for England so far. Two good performances and I think he’s earned himself a regular starting spot.

"

I actually wanted Denmark to win.. I've got them in the work sweep

By *inky_couple2020Couple 13 weeks ago

North West

"Last thread got too big so let’s have another one.

I actually wanted Denmark to win.. I've got them in the work sweep"

I'm supporting Slovenia in the next game for much the same reason

North West

Williams and Yamal for España are having good but frustrating games so far.

By *immyGGMan 13 weeks ago

South Cheshire

"

"

I am 100% on board with this.

Stockton

"Williams and Yamal for España are having good but frustrating games so far. "

Yamal has been class this tournament. Did you know he’s only 16? I’m not sure if the commentators have ever mentioned it.

By *igronnie89Man 13 weeks ago

near you

Kane needs dropping, sorry but hes shit, kills us, yes he scored a tap in but nullifying us. Give palmer a start and mainoo over rice. Trent wasnt bad today noether and conor gallagher shouldnt be anywhere near international football

North West

"Williams and Yamal for España are having good but frustrating games so far.

Yamal has been class this tournament. Did you know he’s only 16? I’m not sure if the commentators have ever mentioned it."

Oh come on. For a 16yo chap, he plays with a level of maturity and skill that blows your mind. I hope he gets a bloody brilliant birthday present.

North West

"Kane needs dropping, sorry but hes shit, kills us, yes he scored a tap in but nullifying us. Give palmer a start and mainoo over rice. Trent wasnt bad today noether and conor gallagher shouldnt be anywhere near international football"

Agree on Kane. How the fuck does he play for München?!

By *igronnie89Man 13 weeks ago

near you

"No leaders on the pitch. Once out there, the team has to assess the game play and react accordingly, it’s not all down to the manager. Why does Kane persist in coming all the way back?

No invention, no innovation no intent. Are we saying that top class athletes need to be given instructions on where to run and move off the ball?

The modern game is all about a pressing, that creates space and pressure. I coach walking football, that’s virtually what England were playing. "

No urgency and they look tired, how can these "athletes" be tired after a small break, i genuinely think we can win this tournament but certain players need dropping, gallagher shouldnt be anywhere near a pitch at this level

By *os19Man 13 weeks ago

Edmonton

About time Spain scored even if it is a own goal.

By * and M lookingCouple 13 weeks ago

Worcester

Why can't they put the footage on non mainstream channels rather than ramming it down our necks?

Some of us can't stand the rubbish.

The Mr.

North West

"Why can't they put the footage on non mainstream channels rather than ramming it down our necks?

The Mr."

For the same reason they don't put all the soaps, competitive pie making and MasterChef nonsense on the non mainstream channels.

Everyone likes something different.

By *8on33Man 13 weeks ago

winfrith

Spain look at the work rate they work hard and Italy who are a great team look like 2nd best .

By *r John WickMan 13 weeks ago

The Continental

"Why can't they put the footage on non mainstream channels rather than ramming it down our necks?

The Mr."

There’s approximately 6271927 other channels, streaming services, etc to choose from.

It’s hardly rammed down your throat, and it’s easily avoided

By *uperted39Man 13 weeks ago

bushey

"Williams and Yamal for España are having good but frustrating games so far.

Yamal has been class this tournament. Did you know he’s only 16? I’m not sure if the commentators have ever mentioned it."

Class talent, cannot believe Madrid have all the young talent in their ranks, dominating for the next decade

By *agnar73Man 13 weeks ago

Glasgow

Italy Spain interesting to see Spain’s high pressing on Italy and at times how Italy passed around it. Not sure result matters as both should progress and Italy usually improve in a tournament

Denmark looked decent. Were England bad or Denmark good? Maybe some of both.

By *929Man 13 weeks ago

newcastle

Spain were great shame score didn’t reflect the performance, as the only Spain fan amongst all mates who support England feeling very happy tonite haha

By *till gameMan 13 weeks ago

two doors down

"Italy Spain interesting to see Spain’s high pressing on Italy and at times how Italy passed around it. Not sure result matters as both should progress and Italy usually improve in a tournament

"

The most enjoyment tonight was the smirk on Thomas franks face , as lineker and co we’re ripping into the England team

Glasgow

"Italy Spain interesting to see Spain’s high pressing on Italy and at times how Italy passed around it. Not sure result matters as both should progress and Italy usually improve in a tournament

The most enjoyment tonight was the smirk on Thomas franks face , as lineker and co we’re ripping into the England team "

Shearer and Lineker both with lengthy rants

We beat Spain in the qualifiers

Glasgow

"We beat Spain in the qualifiers "

National team posted about a year ago today vs Georgia and had me wishing for the gallusness of the side that qualified. Need that team on Sunday

I'm no expert on football but that was shocking from what I see

By *till gameMan 13 weeks ago

two doors down

"We beat Spain in the qualifiers

National team posted about a year ago today vs Georgia and had me wishing for the gallusness of the side that qualified. Need that team on Sunday "

Gallus is spot on , confidence with swagger, we are so much better when we play on the front foot

» Add a new message to this topic